Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: rp2000 Metallica sound?

One sight that is really good and a must see for us rp2000 users is www.makeascene.com/rp2000/

: I bought an rp2000 and was hoping to be able to set the paremeter settings like the rp3 has but the settings are a little different. The rp3 has a library of settings from people. What I want is any metallica settings I can program in for the rp2000. I like the bleeding me sound but any metallica sound is excellent. Please feel free to email any settings or info. THANKS!

ADA

Hey dude i have a ADA, MP1, i wanna know how i get the best performance of it.... if anybody knows or if there´s a website? it´ll be more than welcomed...

Need info on the Gibson GGC 700

Need info on the Gibson GGC 700

This popular thread has been given its own page : Need info on the Gibson GGC 700

Boss GT-3 audio demo

Hey !
Does anybody Know where can I find audio demos of Boss GT-3 patches?
Thanks

son needs help!

hello my son just got his first guitar but we cant afford lessons, a friend told me theres song books out there that show you where to place your fingers when you play, does anyone know what shes talking about, and what these books would be called so i dont look like a total idiot when i go to buy him one. he really wants to learn and i really use some help! thanks gizzywizzer

Re: son needs help!

" Mel Bay" has some beginning guitar books available that are OK. Try your local music store. Any guitar person at the store should be able to steer you in the right direction without making you look like an idiot.
Make sure you tell them its for a beginner !

son needs help!

hello my son just got his first guitar but we cant afford lessons, a friend told me theres song books out there that show you where to place your fingers when you play, does anyone know what shes talking about, and what these books would be called so i dont look like a total idiot when i go to buy him one. he really wants to learn and i really use some help! thanks please e-mail me at gizzywizzer@aol.com thanks

Linda,

Just go to a music store that sells guitars (Guitar Center is one of many) and ask someone to show
you some songbooks that include guitar chord diagrams. They usually have the name of the chord
(such as "C" or "F" above the notes where the chord changes occur along with a tiny diagram
representing the strings and frets of the guitar with dots where the fingers should go). Since these
are sometime difficult to interpret or overly simplistic, I would recommend also getting some kind of
reference book for guitar chords which shows the proper fingering in more detail.

Just don't go to a place that sells only pianos, band instruments, or sheet music (that's where they might not understand
what you are talking about!!!!). But, anyone who sells guitars will know what you're asking for and will
not think you are an idiot for asking.

BTW, that's how I learned to play guitar, and several years later got A's in my music theory classes
at college.

Best of luck!!!
able to help you.

: hello my son just got his first guitar but we cant afford lessons, a friend told me theres song books out there that show you where to place your fingers when you play, does anyone know what shes talking about, and what these books would be called so i dont look like a total idiot when i go to buy him one. he really wants to learn and i really use some help! thanks please e-mail me at gizzywizzer@aol.com thanks

>>>Good advice so far. I would also like to add that a decent guitar tuner would be a must have item! Make sure you let them know if it's for electric and or accoustic guitar. If you do buy one, have someone show you and your son how to use it befor you leave the store. If you can't afford one get a pitch pipe. Stay away from the tuning fork, as it can be hard for beginners to get on with. Good luck and feel free to E-mail me if you need any more help.

I need to know how much my squire is worth!!!

I have a '98 or '99 model Squire Strat I am going to buy and I need to know the value. The guy said name my price. I needs new tremolo springs and has a hard shell case. It is in very good condition other than the springs.

Re: I need to know how much my squire is worth!!!

: I have a '98 or '99 model Squire Strat I am going to buy and I need to know the value. The guy said name my price. I needs new tremolo springs and has a hard shell case. It is in very good condition other than the springs.

I'd say about $75. That is a good price for a used Squire. Maybe $100, if the guy is stupid enough

Re: I need to know how much my squire is worth!!!

: : I have a '98 or '99 model Squire Strat I am going to buy and I need to know the value. The guy said name my price. I needs new tremolo springs and has a hard shell case. It is in very good condition other than the springs.

: I'd say about $75. That is a good price for a used Squire. Maybe $100, if the guy is stupid enough

>>>$100<<<is a fair deal for the guitar, but only because it come swith the hardshell case.

PRS custom 24 for sale at once in a lifetime price!

I am selling a '92 Paul Reed Smith custom 24 for $1800. It has a neck through body, 24 frets, bird inlays, vintage yellow finish (it actually looks yellowish orange) with red back and neck, beautiful wood grain, and five-way pick-up selector and original case. You must be thinking "there must be something wrong with it!" Nope. There is an brand new identical one up the street selling for $3400. I could sell it for more but I want the money fast to buy the Zakk Wylde signature Les Paul. If anyone shits on Zakk he or she is pretty lame and is not a rocker. Anyway, I bought it on consignment for a steal because the original owner needed cash fast too and I am passing the savings on to anyone interested in purchasing this incredible instrument. There is no body damage, just a small chip in the paint on the point of the headstock. I am located in Minnesota so if you live here your in luck because I am not going to pay for shipping on this once in a lifetime deal. Anyway, for more info, e-mail me at parosengren@yahoo.com. Check out your local PRS dealer and look at the PRS custom 24. Do your research and you'll see that this is a STEAL. Thanks you guys and keep rockin'

zakk rawks

zakk wylde rocks! unlike that homeless looking guy neil young!

Re: zakk rawks

YES,I agree Zak Wylde is one NASTY(good)MOFO!!

so does Neil

Wow, it seems you're an awfully narrowminded, ignorant, opinionated idiot! While I agree that
Wylde can play, I think he just sucks. It doesn't matter how good you are if you're a musical
idiot with no taste, just noise, does it? Oh, and any musician (especially guitar player) knows
that Neil is one of the greatest writers and guitar players in rock and roll. If that wasn't true, why
would your heroes from Pearl Jam play with him? Think about it. Listen to some Neil and
see. Find out who some of today's biggest stars' influences are. Neil's there. Oh, and Wylde
may not look to homeless, but I sure as hell wouldn't put down Neil's image and praise his!

Re: so does Neil

: Wow, it seems you're an awfully narrowminded, ignorant, opinionated idiot! While I agree that
: Wylde can play, I think he just sucks. It doesn't matter how good you are if you're a musical
: idiot with no taste, just noise, does it? Oh, and any musician (especially guitar player) knows
: that Neil is one of the greatest writers and guitar players in rock and roll. If that wasn't true, why
: would your heroes from Pearl Jam play with him? Think about it. Listen to some Neil and
: see. Find out who some of today's biggest stars' influences are. Neil's there. Oh, and Wylde
: may not look to homeless, but I sure as hell wouldn't put down Neil's image and praise his!

Alright...I told you guys not to shit on Zakk Wylde. You can't claim that Zakk Sucks. Listen to his live recordings with Ozzy, especially "Just Say Ozzy". He was only 19 at the time playing with a metal god. His rendition of classic Ozzy tunes spews energy, and I don't know if you have ever seen him live but he is one of the most exciting, and entertaining guitar players I have ever seen. The tone he had when he played with Ozzy can't be touched either. His work with wah pedals is extremely dynamic and adds to soloing instead of hiding mistakes and sounding faster than he really is. Granted, I like Neil Young, but in terms of entertaining to watch...Uh...he doesn't even come close to being as energetic as Zakk. Young is timeless, but Zakk steals the live show.

Re: so does Neil

Zakk is an idiot...but so are "new" Ozzy fans, so he's perfect for the job. I just can't stand hearing him attempt to play Randy's songs. He fucks them up big-time.

Question about the digitech RP-2000

Question about the digitech RP-2000

This popular thread has been given its own page : Question about the digitech RP-2000

Chord charts

Hi. Do you know where I can download blank chord charts?
(I hope that is what they are called in English...) The
squares that you can divide diagonally and in which you
write the chords for songs? I know I could do a table in
Word for the squares but don't know how to do the diagonals,
and then the repeat thingys etc.
Thanks a lot if you can help.

Pauline

Re: Chord charts

: Hi. Do you know where I can download blank chord charts?
: (I hope that is what they are called in English...) The
: squares that you can divide diagonally and in which you
: write the chords for songs? I know I could do a table in
: Word for the squares but don't know how to do the diagonals,
: and then the repeat thingys etc.
: Thanks a lot if you can help.

: Pauline

:bill im looking for a site where i can get basic chord finger placment for six string

Lauren Gitar - 3/4 size - Looking for Info.

I am looking for Information on a Lauren Gitar 3/4 size. The label inside reads: Model # LA-34N. I was wondering about the age and value of the gitar and if it is a Classical or Acoustic Gitar? Any Info would be appreciated!!! Thank You! : )

Re: Lauren Gitar - 3/4 size - Looking for Info.

: I am looking for Information on a Lauren Gitar 3/4 size. The label inside reads: Model # LA-34N. I was wondering about the age and value of the gitar and if it is a Classical or Acoustic Gitar? Any Info would be appreciated!!! Thank You! : )

: : I am looking for Information on a Lauren Gitar 3/4 size. The label inside reads: Model # LA-34N. I was wondering about the age and value of the gitar and if it is a Classical or Acoustic Gitar? Any Info would be appreciated!!! Thank You! : )

damn this page format!
Anyways, Musicians Friend has a 34" Lauren Guitar for $29. It looks nylon but actually uses stel strings.

jumping jack flash

PLEASE HELP ME. I am looking for the perfect way of playing JJ Flash. The tabs I found says teh intro is played B:E:D. But it does not sound right. How do I play this beautiful intro.

Re: jumping jack flash

Hi Anders,
The guitar part is based around B-E-A. This should sound more like it.
Cheers, Glen.

Re: jumping jack flash

Hi:

Looking for all of JJ Flash, chords and lyrics.

Thanx!

Why do people hate older bands?

I've heard what some of you people say about pink floyd. whats next Led Zepplin, or Blue Oyster Cult? Why do people think that pink floyd is boring, they had a lot of good music.

Re: Why do people hate older bands?

: I've heard what some of you people say about pink floyd. whats next Led Zepplin, or Blue Oyster Cult? Why do people think that pink floyd is boring, they had a lot of good music.

I don't see the hostility that you see out there. I hear more respect for older bands than hate. I am a big Rush fan, and I am 16, so that should be a little weird. I love Zep, and a funny thing is, that I was at a Foo Fighters concert last month, and everybody there rocked out to a Floyd classic "Have a Cigar". In my eyes the older bands earn more respect, than newer bands

Re: Why do people hate older bands?This stament is too general!!

I think it's because the young crowd were not as exposed to it as we were.I learned a lot of stuff by listening to my father's albums.Today's youth are much more arrogant and impatient than we were.Pink Floyd and Led Zep gave us good mood music,loaded with texture.This stuff was very poetic and introspective.
But it takes time to listen to.In this selfish, meglomanic,fingertip age,we should extend to the younger crowd the art of listening and patience.However
,the "SPOON-FEEDING FRENZY" has reached warp speed,
reducing young and old into infantile head-hunters.I like a lot of the newer groups,they have much to offer.
But lets not forget where we come from.Also,lets sit back with our instruments and learn these guitar solos
by ear,instead of being spoon-fed tabs,okay??

Re: Why do people hate older bands?

: I've heard what some of you people say about pink floyd. whats next Led Zepplin, or Blue Oyster Cult? Why do people think that pink floyd is boring, they had a lot of good music.

Pink Floyd is a great band. Music like Pink Floyd's might fade in and out of the mainstream, but they have a really strong fan base that grows by the day. They will be around alot longer then alot of the top 40 bands you hear today. BTW, speaking of "bad raps" lots of people seem to think that learning from tab is bunk. It's not! Nothing wrong with learning a song from some reliable Tab. In fact "TAB" is on of the oldest forms of musical notation known to man. Goes all the way back to Lute music of the European Dark ages and then some. It was around way befor the standard musical notation of today.

check out this cool band i found

there music is amazing!

click here --> <a href="http://www.geocities.com/neptune_303">www.geocities.com/neptune_303</a>

recording

Howdy

I am going to get into recording session from September 4th, and now I am hanging out in the Web looking for good advice on recording. I play guitar in an alternative rock band, so if you guys have any cool ideas / cool things few people know and you feel like sharing your wisdom, lemme know, I'd really appreciate that. URL's are OK, except for www.homerecording.com or www.harmony-central.com

THANKS
George

Re: recording

Hmm.Recording,eh? Very cool!(1)Use two microphones if you can swing it.One close to the amp,the other further
away for room sound.(2)Use your own effects(except maybe Reverb).Got talked into using the studio's stuff
(flanger,phasor,chorus),reget it to this very day.My RP-10 could spank his shit!(3)NEVER GO DIRECT,into the board.The board's sound is very dry,trebly and sterile.(4)Don't let the studio over-compress your sound.Guitar
Solos should have peaks and valleys.(5)Don't worry about making mistakes,stay loose.If it's a BIG-UN,then
punch-in.If not,FUCK IT!!Us guitar guy's tend to be over critcal of ourselves.
Good Luck on recording dude!

Re: recording...Oh,one more thing

I like to go to tape(or DAT)ANALOG! The sound is rich,
fat,and ballsey!Afterward we master DIGITALY! This is good for tightening up the sound,and cleaning up unwanted noise.
Good Luck

Great Original Classic Rock And Blues!

Check out these new bands! Great Classic Rock, Rhythym and Blues and Pop!
http://www.mp3.com/TheJRBBand
http://www.mp3.com/2Blu

Re: Great Original Classic Rock And Blues!

: Check out these new bands! Great Classic Rock, Rhythym and Blues and Pop!
: [link]http://www.mp3.com/TheJRBBand[/link]
: http://www.mp3.com/2Blu

Kirk Hammet S.S. II "Special" Guitar

HELLO WHERE SHOULD I GO TO POST A ABOVE SUBJECT MATERIAL DEMO'D@THE NEW MILLENIUMS;"WINTER 2000 NAMM SHOW" AUTOGRAPHED IN INDULLABLE INK, ON REAR ELECTRONIC'S COVER,MADE IN THE U.S.A. CUSTOM SHOPPE 2-K.H. SPEC'D EMG-81'S 2-VOL'S & 1-TONE POT.DELUXE CASE BEARRING ALL ENTAILED MENTIONED IN BAND STENCIL,BRUSHED
METAL ESP EMBLEM,& "MUSICPLAYER'SINTERNET.COM"'S NEW OWNERS OF MILLER FREEMAN & ASSOC'S WEB-SITE, CERTIFICATE OF AUTHERIZATION SIGNED BY K.H. AND THE AXE AND CASE ARE AWESOME,PLAYED BY K.H.AUTOGRAPHED AND THEN DISPLAYED AT THE FEBRUARY WINTER NAMM IN L.A. ALOT OF HISTORICAL POINTS OF LIGHT REGARDING THIS PEARL SKULL AND CROSSBONE NECK.ALSO HAS MUSICPLAYERSNETWORK.COM PROFESSIONALLY PAINTED INBETWEEN THE 2-K.H.SPEC'D EMG 81'S DOUBLE HUMBUCKERS.
A REAL ONE OF A KIND.MINT CONDITION (WE PLAYED IT TWICE)AND ITS IN A SAFE AT OUR BANK.SO LET US KNOW WHERES THE BEST PLACE TO POST INSTRUMENT & CASE FOR SERIOUS COLLECTORS? ASKING COLLECTOR $'S.

Kirk Hammet S.S. II "Special" Guitar

HELLO WHERE SHOULD WE GO TO POST THE ABOVE SUBJECT GUITAR & PREMIUM CASE MATERIAL, THAT WAS DEMO'D @ THE 1ST WINTER 2000 NAMM SHOW OF THIS NEW MILLENIUM? A KIRK HAMMETT SIGNATURE SERIES,MADE AT THE U.S.A.'S ESP CUSTOM SHOPPE.2-VOL'S & 1-TONE POT.DELUXE CASE BEARRING ALL ENTAILED STICKER'S,BAND STENCIL,BRUSHED
METAL ESP EMBLEM,&"MUSICPLAYER'SNETWORK.COM'S STICKER ON TOP OF CASE ALSO.WE WERE TOLD THAT THIS SITE IS THE NEW OWNERS OF MILLER FREEMAN & ASSOCIATES MOTHER SITE.
ALSO K.H.DEMO'D.SIGNED,ININDULLABLE INK,AND IT WENT ON DISPLAY @ THE 2000 WINTER NAMM FEB-SHOW IN L.A.CALIFORNIA.LOT OF HISTORICAL POINTS OF REFRENCE'S ALSO HAS PEARL SKULL AND CROSSBONE INLAYED NECK AND ORIGINAL FLOYD-ROSE MADE IN GERMANY.ALSO HAS MUSICPLAYERSNETWORK.COM PROFESSIONALLY PAINTED INBETWEEN THE 2-K.H.SPEC'D EMG 81'S DOUBLE HUMBUCKERS.
A REAL ONE OF A KIND.MINT CONDITION (WE PLAYED IT TWICE)GUIYTAR.ITS IN A SAFE PLACE AT OUR CLIMATE CONTROLLED SECURITY LOCKER AT LOCAL BANK.SO LET US KNOW WHERES THE BEST PLACE TO POST INSTRUMENT & CASE FOR SERIOUS COLLECTORS INTERESTED ONLY PLEASE? ASKING COLLECTOR $'S.

Re: Kirk Hammet S.S. II "Special" Guitar

Saya sangat kagum, dan bangga bisa mendengar, keahlian anda (K.H), saya rasa ini yang terbaik dari segalanya,anda begitu percaya diri membawakan perasaan anda, saya percaya anda adalah guitarist terbaik yang pernah lahir di dunia ini, tak ada kata-kata lain, anda (K.H) adalah yang terbaik........
perkenalkan saya, penggemar yang akan berusaha mengikuti jejak anda, bila diijinkan....
Ada permintaan dari saya, apakah ? (K.H) menikah,? jelaskan anak, dan istrinya,....semoga anaknya mengikuti kebesaran nama ayahnya....Greatest Guitarist Master....in the world.
berita frekuensi anda memainkan alat musik gitar....
bagaimana cara termudah mengembangkan perasaan, feeling,
skill,....
kiranya itu saja

terima kasih...atas perhatiannya.

penggemar anda

edie bangkai

Chords for Jazz Standards!

Please somebody help..im looking for chords for the following....

My favorite things
Stella by starlight
Basin street blues
Round midnight
Summertime

help!!!
mail me at jazzyvivek@yahoo.com

vivek

Re: Chords for Jazz Standards!

: Please somebody help..im looking for chords for the following....

: My favorite things
: Stella by starlight
: Basin street blues
: Round midnight
: Summertime

: help!!!
: mail me at jazzyvivek@yahoo.com

: vivek

Check out this website: visionmusic.com...Mark Stefani is the creator of this site and a well known guitar player, master and teacher. You can e-mail him from the site.

Good luck,

Roy

Angel Eyes

: : Please somebody help..im looking for chords for the following....

: : My favorite things
: : Stella by starlight
: : Basin street blues
: : Round midnight
: : Summertime

: : help!!!
: : mail me at jazzyvivek@yahoo.com

: : vivek

: Check out this website: visionmusic.com...Mark Stefani is the creator of this site and a well known guitar player, master and teacher. You can e-mail him from the site.

: Good luck,

: Roy

Hi there,
I'm looking for the guitar tabs/chords for Angel Eyes (not the Willis song). Want to hear a great rendition on piano of that song?
Check out the German/Dutch band "Henning Wolter Trio"

Best wishes,
Rob Elissen,
Groesbeek-The Netherlands
E-mail: redhouserob@hotmail.com

: My favorite things
: Stella by starlight
: Basin street blues
: Round midnight
: Summertime

: help!!!
: mail me at jazzyvivek@yahoo.com

: vivek

Re: Jazz Standards scores!

: : Please somebody help..im looking for scores for the following....

: : My favorite things
: : Stella by starlight
: : Basin street blues
: : Round midnight
: : Summertime
kappa
: : help!!

: : : Please somebody help..im looking for scores for the following....

: : : My favorite things
: : : Stella by starlight
: : : Basin street blues
: : : Round midnight
: : : Summertime
: kappa
: : : help!!

try a search forjackpatts

: wee (denzel best)
: hot house
: so what
:

Re: Chords for Mack the Knife

: Mack the Knife

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.