Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Chords for Jazz Standards!

: Please somebody help..im looking for chords for the following....
This masquerade

Connection by Rolling Stones

I am seeking chords or tab of Connection by the Rolling stones. It was on the ablum Between the Buttons It is listed on GuitarNotes site but when I go to the song I get 404 Item NOt Found.

looking for campfire guitar music

looking for campfire guitar music

This popular thread has been given its own page : looking for campfire guitar music

Buy your gear online here and save $$$

Gibson, Fender, Marshall, Line 6, Roland, Crate, Digitech, Boss, DOD, and more! I bought a new Gibson Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst and saved $1,200 off list!

Re: Buy your gear online here and save $$$

: Gibson, Fender, Marshall, Line 6, Roland, Crate, Digitech, Boss, DOD, and more! I bought a new Gibson Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst and saved $1,200 off list!

Hey retard, first off, you didn't leave a URL. Now second off, get an LP standard for $1,200 off the list price is way to much. That means that you are paying close to $2,500 for a Les Paul Standard. If it was $2,000 off list, now that would be a decent price. Oh yeah, and Digitech, and DOD are the same company, that is just verbal garbage to mention both. Its like saying that we carry Digitech, DOD, and Johnson, SAME COMPANY

: : Gibson, Fender, Marshall, Line 6, Roland, Crate, Digitech, Boss, DOD, and more! I bought a new Gibson Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst and saved $1,200 off list!

Hey Ben...Don't be such a dick to this guy man. Didn't mom and dad teach you how to be polite to people?

: Hey retard, first off, you didn't leave a URL. Now second off, get an LP standard for $1,200 off the list price is way to much. That means that you are paying close to $2,500 for a Les Paul Standard. If it was $2,000 off list, now that would be a decent price. Oh yeah, and Digitech, and DOD are the same company, that is just verbal garbage to mention both. Its like saying that we carry Digitech, DOD, and Johnson, SAME COMPANY

: : : Gibson, Fender, Marshall, Line 6, Roland, Crate, Digitech, Boss, DOD, and more! I bought a new Gibson Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst and saved $1,200 off list!

: Hey Ben...Don't be such a dick to this guy man. Didn't mom and dad teach you how to be polite to people?

: : Hey retard, first off, you didn't leave a URL. Now second off, get an LP standard for $1,200 off the list price is way to much. That means that you are paying close to $2,500 for a Les Paul Standard. If it was $2,000 off list, now that would be a decent price. Oh yeah, and Digitech, and DOD are the same company, that is just verbal garbage to mention both. Its like saying that we carry Digitech, DOD, and Johnson, SAME COMPANY

Just pointing out how bogus this guy is. There no room for this bs here anyway

: : : : Gibson, Fender, Marshall, Line 6, Roland, Crate, Digitech, Boss, DOD, and more! I bought a new Gibson Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst and saved $1,200 off list!

: : Hey Ben...Don't be such a dick to this guy man. Didn't mom and dad teach you how to be polite to people?

: : : Hey retard, first off, you didn't leave a URL. Now second off, get an LP standard for $1,200 off the list price is way to much. That means that you are paying close to $2,500 for a Les Paul Standard. If it was $2,000 off list, now that would be a decent price. Oh yeah, and Digitech, and DOD are the same company, that is just verbal garbage to mention both. Its like saying that we carry Digitech, DOD, and Johnson, SAME COMPANY

: Just pointing out how bogus this guy is. There no room for this bs here anyway

Alright...I agree with you there Benjamin!

Need advice on purchase of a Washburn accoustic

Hi fellow guitar players,
I'm considering a Washburn accoustic D-55 Cherokee guitar. It's pretty much new. It's been at a local dealer's store for a year or so now, and has a few small scratches and dings from being played there. Anyway, they are asking a cool $1,000.00 for it (including hardcase). It seems like a good deal to me, but I thought I'd see if anyone here can give me advice on this guitar. Thanks!

BEFORE YOU PAY 1000 FOR A WASHBURN!!!!
If you're paying a $1000 for a washburn, why not get a taylor or martin!? Those are the 2 best accoustic guitars you can get. I personally have an ovation 6 and a Taylor 12. And I have a hard time playing my 6 after getting my 12 because taylors are just the best! I would even check out a Guild accoustic. Personally, I love the taylors!

Re: Need advice on purchase of a Washburn accoustic

If it's the sound you want, get it. I think you can get a martin D28 for about that much though, and the martin sounds amazing. I got my d35 for around 1400. The most important thing is to just play a bunch with no discrimination in name or type. Buy the one that sounds the best.

: Hi fellow guitar players,
: I'm considering a Washburn accoustic D-55 Cherokee guitar. It's pretty much new. It's been at a local dealer's store for a year or so now, and has a few small scratches and dings from being played there. Anyway, they are asking a cool $1,000.00 for it (including hardcase). It seems like a good deal to me, but I thought I'd see if anyone here can give me advice on this guitar. Thanks!

It's made in the USA and is a good quality guitar. $1,000 is a good price. Most folks want from $2,000 to $2,500. They are out of production and would make a nice collectible. The feather inlays on the fret board are impressive, as is bridge. This is a very loud guitar, especially the low E. Grab it before someone else does.

I have a Cherokee and like it very well

I see that your post here is dated. Just curious: did you get the Cherokee? These were built for Washburn by a fine luthier--Dana Bourgeois. I picked one up about three years ago for $1000. It's a great guitar. Great projection. I gave it to my son a couple of years ago when I bought a Taylor. Miseed it so much that I searched until I found another guitar in the same series: the Savannah--Koa back and sides. I won't part with it.

Mark Knofler

Any one know what kind of guitar Mark Knofler is using these days?

Re: Mark Knofler

: Any one know what kind of guitar Mark Knofler is using these days?

>>>>Last I heard he still used PENSA Custom guitars for solid body electrics. Keep on Jammin!

: : Any one know what kind of guitar Mark Knofler is using these days?

: >>>>Last I heard he still used PENSA Custom guitars for solid body electrics. Keep on Jammin!

Pensa, and back to the Gibson LP and Strats for that Golden Heart Sound - although the cover notes on Phili tell you nothing ....

When are the concert dates?

Re: Mark Knofler playing style

:I would be very interseted to learn the techniques Mark uses to get his old Dire Straights sound?
I am certain it is a combination of his picking style, delay, reverb????? can anyone assist?

Re: Mark Knofler playing style

from what i can make out mark doesnt use a pick instead he uses the thumb and the first finger between, the two.
the guy is a god dammed legend in my eyes , i have spent so much time over the last few years playing along with his music ,good luck dude

Re: Mark Knofler playing style - in response to Daniel

: Daniel; do you know what guitar effects he used to get that unique sound out of his Fender? can anyone lend a hand? MARK PLEASE HELP??

andetasmetio mozooó

: >>>>Last I heard he still used PENSA Custom guitars for solid body electrics. Keep on Jammin!

the channel[v]weekend program on direstraits was good

The last time I've seen him play guitar, that was on a Pensa Suhr flame maple with a soldano amp. That was for the golden heart tour in 1996... But he's a kind of conservative person.

: The last time I've seen him play guitar, that was on a Pensa Suhr flame maple with a soldano amp. That was for the golden heart tour in 1996... But he's a kind of conservative person.

Do you guys know that Mark will be here in Brazil in April? I've already bought the tickets. I'm so damn happy. It will be a dream comming true.

: : : Any one know what kind of guitar Mark Knofler is using these days?

: : The last time I've seen him play guitar, that was on a Pensa Suhr flame maple with a soldano amp. That was for the golden heart tour in 1996... But he's a kind of conservative person.

i was wondering if he has some new stuff out.... Please mail me

: anyone knows the name of mark knofler last albumm?

Hi!Mark. Sailing to Philadelphia is very great!

THE QUESTION IS WHICH ONE.I KNOW KNOFLER REALLY LIKES THE IBENEZ PRODUCTS

: Any one know what kind of guitar Mark Knofler is using these days?I konw it is the end of guitar.

: : Any one know what kind of guitar Mark Knofler is using these days?I konw it is the end of guitar.

he used it a famous guitar FENDER STRATUCASTER

: : Any one know what kind of guitar Mark Knofler is using these days?I konw it is the end of guitar.

he used it a famous guitar FENDER STRATUCASTER
09/02/2000

: : : Any one know what kind of guitar Mark Knofler is using these days?

Ilove knofler

what coincidence have knofler with sting?
Who discovered to dire straits in usa?
Whats is the name of the band that knofler funded after dire straits?

: i play giutare , u want play your last album (sailing
to philadelphia) pleas send me partition

DO U NEED GEAR ?

Let me know what U need....BlackOwl@greatguitar.net

Re: DO U NEED GEAR ?

Hey there;
I'm looking for a Yamaha single rack space dual-15 graphic EQ.I believe it's called a GQ2015A.It has to be the older "Made in Japan" model,not the China model.
Thanx.
J.C.

i have about 300 guitar magazines i want to sell.....

Hi, I have about 300 guitar magazines all in excellent condition and some still in plastic. Most are "guitar for the practicing musician", "guitar world", and "guitar player" and other misc magazines. These range mostly from about 1992 to 1998. for some years i have all 12 issues of guitar for the practicing musician. I also have the special edition magazines like "guitar classics" etc.. with extra songs in them and such. If anyone would be interested in buying some of them or the lot of them please email me. I'm moving sept. 15th 2000 and have to get rid of them. email me at hiijoey@aol.com

I wanna buy your magazines

Please contact me!
I can pay you or ring to you if you can..
do you have TOTAL GUITAR?
regards..

Fender DG 22S, Seeking opinion

I would like to buy a guitar and know little about the types and what is a good guitar. I am considering the Fender DG 22 S. What are your thoughts on this guitar and how does it compare to others in the $200 range?

Thanks,
Darrell

Re: Fender DG 22S, Seeking opinion

: I would like to buy a guitar and know little about the types and what is a good guitar. I am considering the Fender DG 22 S. What are your thoughts on this guitar and how does it compare to others in the $200 range?

: Thanks,
: Darrell

>>>As far as materials and construction, most brand new $200 accoustics are going to be the same, regardless of brand name. That being said, Yamaha makes some pretty good low budget accoustics. I highly recomend saving up about $400 and buying a used accoustic. Used will get you alot more accoustic guitar than new. Esspecially in the price range you are in. Keep on Jammin'

Re: Fender DG 22S, Seeking opinion

: : I would like to buy a guitar and know about the types and what is a good guitar. I am considering the Fender DG 22 S. What are your thoughts on this guitar and how does it compare to others in the $200 range?

: : Thanks,
: : cabvar: >>>As far as materials and construction, most brand new $200 accoustics are going to be the same, regardless of brand name. That being said, Yamaha makes some pretty good low budget accoustics. I highly recomend saving up about $400 and buying a used accoustic. Used will get you alot more accoustic guitar than new. Esspecially in the price range you are in. Keep on Jammin'

digitech rp2000

lookin for the best online price?

Thanks,
carvin954

Re: digitech rp2000

: lookin for the best online price?

: Thanks,
: carvin954

check out www.gusbootmusic.50megs.com

What's better digitech or Boss?

There has been a lot of interest in the digitech RP 2000 on this forum, myself included. I want to know some opinions about wether the Boss guitar multi effects rack unit is better than the Digitech RP 2000. Sorry I can't remember the name of the Boss unit so don't get too mad at me Ben! Thanks guys and gals.

Re: What's better digitech or Boss?

All depends on the application. Are U using the units for recording or live work? This will predominantly be the determining factor in your choice......

PAF in a Kramer?

I have a Kramer Focus 2000, not the best guitar, but she holds us pretty good in most conditions. Right now I have an EMG Selest in the neck position and a cheapy from a Nuno Bettencourt Washburne in the bridge (both Humbuckers). I have recently had an offer to buy two PAF's to put in her. Anybody out there have any input as to what this might sound like?

Re: PAF in a Kramer?

: I have a Kramer Focus 2000, not the best guitar, but she holds us pretty good in most conditions. Right now I have an EMG Selest in the neck position and a cheapy from a Nuno Bettencourt Washburne in the bridge (both Humbuckers). I have recently had an offer to buy two PAF's to put in her. Anybody out there have any input as to what this might sound like?

>>>> It all depends on what kind of P.A.F. pups you are talking about. Lots of companies like Dimarzio, Duncan, WD, Scaller and Gibson to name a few make P.A.F. pickups. All sound dif' . Are they original Gibson P.A.F.'s from the 50's? One would need more info to answer this question.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.