Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

buyer

Dear Sir/Madam

I'm interested with your product guitars at on line store.
Can you ship to Indonesia and accept credit card payment to complate the transaction ?
If acceptable,I will give you my credit card detail including ID Back Card 3 digit, my statement to charge my card, and ship/bill address.

Please reply me soon and tell me what should I do to

Sincerely
Bapak

'92 Fender Super Amp Schematic?

Does anyone out there have a schematic
for a '92 Fender Super Amp?

1999 sales of name brand guitars and guitar strings

Does anyone know how I can get some info on the 1999 guitar sales/strings. I have a college paper in marketing/sales and I need some fast input. Thanks, Candy

Re: 1999 sales of name brand guitars and guitar strings

: Musicians Friend dot com

pearloid finishes

how is pearloid effect added to guitars?

Empro Guitars

Empro Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Empro Guitars

Les paul + Marshall stack

I own a 79 les paul custom and a 1978 JMP 100 watt marshall head with a marshall 4x12 cab with celestion speakers. Two are 30 watt and two are 70 watt. Any ideas for popular or famous tones with this set-up? I don't mind using pedals or any tricks. Any help out there? Helpful websites or anything? Thanks!

Re: Les paul + Marshall stack

: I own a 79 les paul custom and a 1978 JMP 100 watt marshall head with a marshall 4x12 cab with celestion speakers. Two are 30 watt and two are 70 watt. Any ideas for popular or famous tones with this set-up? I don't mind using pedals or any tricks. Any help out there? Helpful websites or anything? Thanks!

That is totally Jimmy Page. You could even get some Angus tones out of it. That is the ideal setup for rock guitar. That is really the sterotype if you think about it

: : I own a 79 les paul custom and a 1978 JMP 100 watt marshall head with a marshall 4x12 cab with celestion speakers. Two are 30 watt and two are 70 watt. Any ideas for popular or famous tones with this set-up? I don't mind using pedals or any tricks. Any help out there? Helpful websites or anything? Thanks!
Take your guitar, a high quality cord and the marshall, plug them in and crank it up! The sound a marshall produces only comes with volume. There is no pedal that will make that sound.

: I own a 79 les paul custom and a 1978 JMP 100 watt marshall head with a marshall 4x12 cab with celestion speakers. Two are 30 watt and two are 70 watt. Any ideas for popular or famous tones with this set-up? I don't mind using pedals or any tricks. Any help out there? Helpful websites or anything? Thanks!

there are so many things you could do with your setup. i know that ace frehley of KISS used a similar
setup, exept he had a full stack. if you like metal, you can duplicate many of the tones conjured up by
black sabbath, sammy hagar, and creed. the '78 marshall head is pretty versatile, so with the various
tone and gain controls you can make any guitar sound there is. play with it, that's the best way to
figure it out.
toodloo-
mike

What is a pre-amp??

I am sure I know what an amp is....but what is a pre-amp? I am not sure what they are.. I think I have seen them. Oh and does anyone know what rack mountable amps are?

Also what are heads??

I know cabs mean cabinets and I think cabinets are the speakers.

Re: What is a pre-amp??

: I am sure I know what an amp is....but what is a pre-amp? I am not sure what they are.. I think I have seen them. Oh and does anyone know what rack mountable amps are?
:
: Also what are heads??

: I know cabs mean cabinets and I think cabinets are the speakers.
:
:

Right-o on the cabinet idea. In a combo amp, the amplifier and the speakers are housed in the same enclosure. In a 1/2 stack or stack, the speakers are seperate (that's the cabinet) from the amplifier (there's the head.) (Head is also something my girlfriend doesn't know anything about, but thats another topic...)

A rack mountable amplifier is simply an amp that is without its own enclosure. It fits into a rack space. (A rack is an empty box with mounting holes to put your shit in.)

A pre-amp is something that beefs up your signal before it gets to the actual amplifier. For instance, on my rig (SG w/Fender Deville), I use a pedal with a bit o' gain going into the amp. This heats up the signal and effectively becomes a pre-amp, although they do make real pre-amps for that application. Another time you'd see a pre-amp is in using a pickup on an acoustic guitar...

I think that's pretty accurate. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

Re: What pre-amp should t get

hi there i have a mesaboogie vtwin rack mount and im not satisfited. because the drive is too soft i found a JMP1 rack from marshall .what you think about a trade? this is a good deal thankkkkkkkks

sigma(by Martin)TB 1thin-body acoustic electric

Does anyone have an opinion on the quality of this guitar? I know it's not real expensive but I would like to know some opinions. Thanks, David

sigma(by Martin)TB 1thin-body acoustic electric

Does anyone have an opinion on the quality of this guitar? I know it's not real expensive but I would like to know some opinions. Thanks, David

what kind of ibanez do I have

what kind of ibanez do I have

This popular thread has been given its own page : what kind of ibanez do I have

beginner

does anybody know a website that can help me learn how to play a guitar?

Can someone please tell me what an artificial tap harmonic is? please?

Some one please tell me how to do an artificial tap harmonic, no-one I know knows how to do it, even my guitar teacher...and it is really annoying me. Thanks..

Re: Can someone please tell me what an artificial tap harmonic is? please?

hmmh, i know how to do artificial harmonic and a tap harmonic, but i've never heard of artificial tap harmonic, you sure it exists?

Re: Can someone please tell me what an artificial tap harmonic is? please?

I don't no either what an Artificial 'tap' harmonic is but an Artificial Harmonic is...
There are several special techniques in guitar playing which enable you to sound one selected harmonic while at the same time silencing the louder fundamental and also the other harmonics. This is known as playing artificial harmonics.
Let's take the simplest example. By lightly fingering an open string over the 12th fret, you divide it into two equal lengths. When you then play the string, you get an artificial harmonic one octave above the open string. In the context of artificial harmonics, this octave note - not the fundamental - is called the first harmonic.
What happens is this. Fingering the string creates a node or node point where the string does not vibrate at alL This alters the vibration pattern that the open string would otherwise produce and stops the fundamental and other harmonics from sounding. On either side of the node, the two equal lengths of the string then vibrate out of phase with one another and produce the artificial harmonic. The points at which the string vibrates mcst are called the anti-nodes. There are several places on the string where artificial harmonics can be played.

When you play an open string it vibrates along its whole length but by playing artificial harmonics you divide the string so it vibrates in equal lengths depending on the harmonic.

Tokai breezysound

I have been playing a friends Tokai and like it lots - he has offered to sell me it but I need to know what its worth. Its a Breezysound with the Tokai logo in normal type rather than the fendery style they had at one time. It has a rosewood fretboard and plays really well. Anyone have any info on it? thanks in advance.

Neil Young Is Cool

He Is Just Awesome

Re: Neil Young Is Cool

I like Neil Young.He's a good ole guy!

I like Neil Young.He's a good ole guy!

neil young is a two bit punk

Neil Young not only looks like a homeless guy, he plays guitar like he is retarded. anything and everything he has ever touched or been associated with has instantly been transported to an alternate evil universe where everything sucks. pearl jam was good until they chose to disturb his tomb. i hereby WIPE MY ASS with all that neil young is and represents. he can't strum his way out of a wet paper bag. i have spoken.

: He Is Just Awesome

does any body know where i can download chords and lyrics for niel young

Very cool shred guitar website!

There's a lot of mp3's, and AVI guitar videos to be found here. It's pretty cool!

Here's the URL www.guitarius.com

I don't know anything about amps.....need help.

Basically, I know nothing about amps. The one I have now is crappy. And I want to know what some good amps are. Like which amps/heads have great distortion and which ones have a great clean tone. If anyone has any info on their setup, please let me know.

Re: I don't know anything about amps.....need help.

well you have to be more specific. What kind of music do you play? How much do you want to spend? How big of setup you want: single speaker, dual, quad, or full stack.

Re: I don't know anything about amps.....need help.

A small kick-ass amp??Tech21 my man!!Big sound,classic
reverb,Zappa-like(R.I.P)distortion!

Gibson Les Paul Artist

Please, i would like to know more informations about my gibson les paul artist/80. Is is a rare bird ? Is it a great les paul's series ?
Tanx in advice !

Re: Gibson Les Paul Artist

: Please, i would like to know more informations about my gibson les paul artist/80. Is it a rare bird ? Is it a great les paul's series ?
: Thanx in advice !

: Please, i would like to know more informations about my gibson les paul artist/80. Is is a rare bird ? Is it a great les paul's series ?
: Tanx in advice !

You can go to the gibson web site they have a section on vintage gibsons

Hello friends, I would like to know if you can help me for obtain more information, and if I can obtain a cataloge from gobson . Thanks.

: You can go to the gibson web site they have a section on vintage gibsons

DIRTY BRUTAL SLIDE and DIRTY Class A AMPS

Check out some great SLIDE PLAYING.
http://www.mp3.com/DIRTYLKARLSSON

!!!!!!!!!!!! I need patches for the korg ax1000g !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't find any websites with patches.
can you help me!
Any patches are welcome!!!

PV Amps

I have used PV Bandit amps for 15 years and still rarely hear a sound I like better. I can get a good distortion sound at low volumes, which I can't with tube amps. I don't see or hear of many guitar players using them. I am curious about other players likes and dislikes about them.

Re: PV Amps

i got one 2. have they been round 4 15 yrs!? has urs got that transtube? anyhoo, yeah its pretty good. not good at high vols tho, and thats what tends to count

Re: PV Amps

Hmm,it's really a matter of personal choice.Some guys feel they're kinda dry sounding,not rich enough. I use an old Fender Twin with various overdrive/distortion boxes.Gigging I use the Tech 21.Both have warm,big sounds,also great reverb.Most Peavey Stuff is also good
affordable,and durable.The word is:tech guys love'm cause they are easy to fix.If you're happy with this amp,get another one before they discontinue them.
Good Luck

Neil Young is TERRIBLE!!!!

Neil Young not only looks like a homeless guy, he plays guitar like he is retarded. anything and everything he has ever touched or been associated with has instantly been transported to an alternate evil universe where everything sucks. pearl jam was good until they chose to disturb his tomb. i hereby WIPE MY ASS with all that neil young is and represents. he can't strum his way out of a wet paper bag. i have spoken.

Re: Neil Young is TERRIBLE!!!!

I think it's time we increased the dose of your medication. Any more tantrums and I think we'll have to consider the nice pink fluffy straight-jacket.

The Doctor

I agree. neil young sucks

haha

: Neil Young not only looks like a homeless guy, he plays guitar like he is retarded. anything and everything he has ever touched or been associated with has instantly been transported to an alternate evil universe where everything sucks. pearl jam was good until they chose to disturb his tomb. i hereby WIPE MY ASS with all that neil young is and represents. he can't strum his way out of a wet paper bag. i have spoken.

: : Neil Young not only looks like a homeless guy, he plays guitar like he is retarded. anything and everything he has ever touched or been associated with has instantly been transported to an alternate evil universe where everything sucks. pearl jam was good until they chose to disturb his tomb. i hereby WIPE MY ASS with all that neil young is and represents. he can't strum his way out of a wet paper bag. i have spoken.

SHIT.... you just probably are just jealous that he probably has about 100 times the talent you will ever have in YOUR lifetime!!!

Jennifer

so you don't like neil. i would guess that your about 18-21 years old. as you get older i think you will appreciate the stunning songs that neil has written. he may be a turnoff to the new kids thrasing and rapping, but he deserves respect.

A Southern man don't need him around anyhow

Big wheels keep on turning
Carry me home to see my kin
Singing songs about the Southland
I miss Alabamy once again
And I think its a sin, yes

Well I heard mister Young sing about her
Well, I heard ole Neil put her down
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
A Southern man don't need him around anyhow

Sweet home Alabama
Where the skies are so blue
Sweet Home Alabama
Lord, I'm coming home to you

In Birmingham they love the gov' nor
Now we all did what we could do
Now Watergate does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you?
Tell the truth

Sweet home Alabama
Sweet Home Alabama
Here I come Alabama

Now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers
And they've been known to pick a song or two
Lord they get me off so much
They pick me up when I'm feeling blue
Now how about you?

Sweet home Alabama
Sweet Home Alabama

Sweet home Alabama
Oh sweet home baby
And the guv'nor's true
Sweet Home Alabama
Lordy
Yea, yea Montgomery's got the answer

Michael Hedges

Did Michael play the guitar? I found an instrumental acoustic version of Frank Zappas "Sofa" and it was named "Michael Hedges - Sofa (FrankZappa).mp3"

Any help appreciated.

Re: Michael Hedges

He played the guitar very well. A beat up old Martin D-28. Very talented and definitely original, but a bit eclectic. Most of his stuff is just his guitar.
Worth listening to.
Ryan

:
Did Michael play the guitar? I found an instrumental acoustic version of Frank Zappas "Sofa" and it was named "Michael Hedges - Sofa (FrankZappa).mp3"

: Any help appreciated.

Re: Michael Hedges

: He played the guitar very well. A beat up old Martin D-28. Very talented and definitely original, but a bit eclectic. Most of his stuff is just his guitar.
: Worth listening to.
: Ryan

: :
: Did Michael play the guitar? I found an instrumental acoustic version of Frank Zappas "Sofa" and it was named "Michael Hedges - Sofa (FrankZappa).mp3"

: : Any help appreciated.
Hedges was one of the greatest acoustic guitars in history. He died in a car accident in the mid 90's treagically. He was know for his work, with the Harp/guitar, which he used to the fullest extent. Playing guitar with his left hand alone, and playing the harp with his right hand. He was able to hamer on those guitar notes very well, while he was playing a totally different instrument

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.