Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

one good thing.

i was downloading like crazy before tonight when the berlin wall goes back up... i have like 350 mp3s now... all kinds of crap! unplug me! i have already taken what i need. lol

Come Play with me

Who wants to fuck now that Napster is gone ?

Re: YOU KILLED NAPSTER

METALLICA HAS ALWAYS SUCKED!!!!!

I agree totally with this. There is nothing like the 'real cd' to have in your collection. MP3's dont offer the best in music quality - So if you want to play it in your car's CD player or somewhere, you need to buy the cd.

Napster should be allowed to live on.

Is there any programs like napster available, does anybody know?

Jase

: studies show napster users buy more music than the average person. napster doesn't discourage music purchases, it encourages it. first of all, unless you have a cable modem like me or the equivilent, it takes forever to download. once it is downloaded, it is an mp3 on your computer. unless you have a CD burner, you can't take it off your computer. so most people are just sampling the music on the computer anyway. many songs i have downloaded off napster have had errors in them, clicking, popping, and noises. you get what you pay for. assume i have a CD burner, and download and make my own CD. i still just have a blank CD, no liner notes, no label. i concede, someone can print their own label, but for the most part, users are sampling music only. When they find something they like they go out and buy it. What the recording industry wants to avoid, if the public finding out that a CD has only one decent song on it, and the rest it filler. They want to maintain the right to sell us worthless garbage. not to mention the quiky and new stuff you can get from napster and no where else. eminem released a bootleg himself on napster. unreleased southpark sounds. anything. dont hate napster, hate metallica. metallica is the judas iscariot of the year 2000. i have spoken

: Is there any programs like napster available, does anybody know?

The old aol project known as Gnutella is a file transfer system. Only 100k too.

http://gnutella.wego.com

: I agree totally with this. There is nothing like the 'real cd' to have in your collection. MP3's dont offer the best in music quality - So if you want to play it in your car's CD player or somewhere, you need to buy the cd.

: Napster should be allowed to live on.

: Is there any programs like napster available, does anybody know?

: Jase

:
: : studies show napster users buy more music than the average person. napster doesn't discourage music purchases, it encourages it. first of all, unless you have a cable modem like me or the equivilent, it takes forever to download. once it is downloaded, it is an mp3 on your computer. unless you have a CD burner, you can't take it off your computer. so most people are just sampling the music on the computer anyway. many songs i have downloaded off napster have had errors in them, clicking, popping, and noises. you get what you pay for. assume i have a CD burner, and download and make my own CD. i still just have a blank CD, no liner notes, no label. i concede, someone can print their own label, but for the most part, users are sampling music only. When they find something they like they go out and buy it. What the recording industry wants to avoid, if the public finding out that a CD has only one decent song on it, and the rest it filler. They want to maintain the right to sell us worthless garbage. not to mention the quiky and new stuff you can get from napster and no where else. eminem released a bootleg himself on napster. unreleased southpark sounds. anything. dont hate napster, hate metallica. metallica is the judas iscariot of the year 2000. i have spoken

: : I agree totally with this. There is nothing like the 'real cd' to have in your collection. MP3's dont offer the best in music quality - So if you want to play it in your car's CD player or somewhere, you need to buy the cd.

: : Napster should be allowed to live on.

: : Is there any programs like napster available, does anybody know?

: : Jase

: :
: : : studies show napster users buy more music than the average person. napster doesn't discourage music purchases, it encourages it. first of all, unless you have a cable modem like me or the equivilent, it takes forever to download. once it is downloaded, it is an mp3 on your computer. unless you have a CD burner, you can't take it off your computer. so most people are just sampling the music on the computer anyway. many songs i have downloaded off napster have had errors in them, clicking, popping, and noises. you get what you pay for. assume i have a CD burner, and download and make my own CD. i still just have a blank CD, no liner notes, no label. i concede, someone can print their own label, but for the most part, users are sampling music only. When they find something they like they go out and buy it. What the recording industry wants to avoid, if the public finding out that a CD has only one decent song on it, and the rest it filler. They want to maintain the right to sell us worthless garbage. not to mention the quiky and new stuff you can get from napster and no where else. eminem released a bootleg himself on napster. unreleased southpark sounds. anything. dont hate napster, hate metallica. metallica is the judas iscariot of the year 2000. i have spoken

There is a substitute for napster that also allows u to download videos and pictures aswell as mp3z its called imesh and u can get it at www.imesh.com

: : : I agree totally with this. There is nothing like the 'real cd' to have in your collection. MP3's dont offer the best in music quality - So if you want to play it in your car's CD player or somewhere, you need to buy the cd.

: : : Napster should be allowed to live on.

: : : Is there any programs like napster available, does anybody know?

: : : Jase

: : :
: : : : studies show napster users buy more music than the average person. napster doesn't discourage music purchases, it encourages it. first of all, unless you have a cable modem like me or the equivilent, it takes forever to download. once it is downloaded, it is an mp3 on your computer. unless you have a CD burner, you can't take it off your computer. so most people are just sampling the music on the computer anyway. many songs i have downloaded off napster have had errors in them, clicking, popping, and noises. you get what you pay for. assume i have a CD burner, and download and make my own CD. i still just have a blank CD, no liner notes, no label. i concede, someone can print their own label, but for the most part, users are sampling music only. When they find something they like they go out and buy it. What the recording industry wants to avoid, if the public finding out that a CD has only one decent song on it, and the rest it filler. They want to maintain the right to sell us worthless garbage. not to mention the quiky and new stuff you can get from napster and no where else. eminem released a bootleg himself on napster. unreleased southpark sounds. anything. dont hate napster, hate metallica. metallica is the judas iscariot of the year 2000. i have spoken

: There is a substitute for napster that also allows u to download videos and pictures aswell as mp3z its called imesh and u can get it at www.imesh.com

: : : : I agree totally with this. There is nothing like the 'real cd' to have in your collection. MP3's dont offer the best in music quality - So if you want to play it in your car's CD player or somewhere, you need to buy the cd.

: : : : Napster should be allowed to live on.

: : : : Is there any programs like napster available, does anybody know?

: : : : Jase

: : : :
: : : : : studies show napster users buy more music than the average person. napster doesn't discourage music purchases, it encourages it. first of all, unless you have a cable modem like me or the equivilent, it takes forever to download. once it is downloaded, it is an mp3 on your computer. unless you have a CD burner, you can't take it off your computer. so most people are just sampling the music on the computer anyway. many songs i have downloaded off napster have had errors in them, clicking, popping, and noises. you get what you pay for. assume i have a CD burner, and download and make my own CD. i still just have a blank CD, no liner notes, no label. i concede, someone can print their own label, but for the most part, users are sampling music only. When they find something they like they go out and buy it. What the recording industry wants to avoid, if the public finding out that a CD has only one decent song on it, and the rest it filler. They want to maintain the right to sell us worthless garbage. not to mention the quiky and new stuff you can get from napster and no where else. eminem released a bootleg himself on napster. unreleased southpark sounds. anything. dont hate napster, hate metallica. metallica is the judas iscariot of the year 2000. i have spoken

: : There is a substitute for napster that also allows u to download videos and pictures aswell as mp3z its called imesh and u can get it at www.imesh.com

let it stay some people dont have the money to buy cd'

Re: NAPSTER WAS DOOMED

The laws on copywrite infringement go all the way back to the 1970s. So, get over it.

On Lars, well dude, how would you like to work for free?

Re: Napster's Gone! What Now?

FUCK YOU DREW!!! You probably just didn't know how to use Napster and you're just pissed at all of the people that got free music off of Napster. What Now, I'll tell you what , BOYCOTT METTALLICA CD'S !!!! !!!

BOYCOTT METTALLICA CD'S

METTALLICA took away our right to free music fuck them, we don't need them BOYCOTT them. BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! !! !! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Re: BOYCOTT METTALLICA CD'S

: METTALLICA took away our right to free music fuck them, we don't need them BOYCOTT them. BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! !! !! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

I am with you. Metallica alienated the fans, and I don't feel the same about their music anymore.

: : METTALLICA took away our right to free music fuck them, we don't need them BOYCOTT them. BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! !! !! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

: I am with you. Metallica alienated the fans, and I don't feel the same about their music anymore.
I love your music.

: : METTALLICA took away our right to free music fuck them, we don't need them BOYCOTT them. BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! !! !! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

: I am with you. Metallica alienated the fans, and I don't feel the same about their music anymore.
I love your music.

: : : METTALLICA took away our right to free music fuck them, we don't need them BOYCOTT them. BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! !! !! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

: : I am with you. Metallica alienated the fans, and I don't feel the same about their music anymore.

: : : : METTALLICA took away our right to free music fuck them, we don't need them BOYCOTT them. BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! !! !! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

: : : I am with you. Metallica alienated the fans, and I don't feel the same about their music anymore.

::: i am against you! for years metallica allowed a tapers section for free at all concerts they allowed people to bootleg their concerts only yo ask for a copie in return. the albums they recorded is theirs. they have a right to protect their investments with these albums. you and the other knot heads need to quite crying. the point is you want something that is not yours for free. don't be cheap spend the money like the rest of us. it is clowns like you that ruined the free stuff metallica allowed to stop. i will not boycott the mighty met. stop whining pass it on!!!

Hey Kirk (I am PJ's buddy) met you in North Carolina. I think the bands (the music makers) should boycott all these going nowhere fuck-ups. Half of you fucking people are probally on welfare. What makes you think you deserve something for free. You are the scum of the earth...Fucking wake up....nothing is for free in this world...How about getting a job and paying for a fucking CD....when I grew up I used work my ass off so that I could go get the next Madien Album....It would be good for you...

Fuck you guy's. Metallica have worked long and hard to get where they are and they don't need dick heads like you dowloading freebees off the net. All artist's deserve to get paid for their music. Get a job and buy the album!

Mettallica if it was all about the fans then why would you take away alittle bit of free music,what about those who aren't as forinet as others?you make money out the azz,and sure you have to take that and pay of this person and that but you still have quite abit ,i mean look at you,your band,your homes,cars,ect..You don't appreciate the fans and it's not about the fans,it's about your f***in money,you took the only thing that was free to us,i have spent alot of money on Mettallica t-shirts,cd's even tapes when they where popuar,vhs tapes,ticketsand for what,to find out that you as Mettallica had lied to the FANS,you lied to your fans and i hope that sales drop for you.......
sherry

even if you boyycaott metallica it wont hurt them none and how would you like some1 stillin your hard work by your standerds youd be a sell out for going to work and getting paid if your going to give metallica hell for what they did then you should fuckin get a job and not get paid and work your ass of for nothin you stupid bastard!!!!!!!!

: even if you boyycaott metallica it wont hurt them none and how would you like some1 stillin your hard work by your standerds youd be a sell out for going to work and getting paid if your going to give metallica hell for what they did then you should fuckin get a job and not get paid and work your ass of for nothin you stupid bastard!!!!!!!!

I'm with you. Go get job you silly asshole!!!!!!

: even if you boyycaott metallica it wont hurt them none and how would you like some1 stillin your hard work by your standerds youd be a sell out for going to work and getting paid if your going to give metallica hell for what they did then you should fuckin get a job and not get paid and work your ass of for nothin you stupid bastard!!!!!!!!

Hey, Mr Spelling Bea Champ. Tell those musically challenged freaks I'm not too pleased with them forwarding my personal imformation to a Record label with out my OK. Maybe seeing someone in court.
RICKSTER

Right on Bro!!! Metal bands deserve our support, not this bullshit. Support is shown through us PAYING for the CD not ripping them off. How long do you assholes think they'll be able to continue putting out music if they ain't getting paid. Give your fuckin head a shake.

Listen you little faggot who doesnt like metallica they are the best fuckin metal band alive besides slayer. Fuck u and your pussy alt. rock pop shit u stupid ass. METALLICA WILL ALWAYS RULE BUTTFUCK.

fuck you 2,asshole

Yeah I hate them and their fucking monoploy!!!

: ohh the poor things will actually have to go out and BUY the music! boohoo.
I wouldn't buy that metallica shit, or download it for free, for that matter. Metallica sucks, has always sucked, and will always suck! 'nough said!

: ohh the poor things will actually have to go out and BUY the music! boohoo.No visit www.kazaa.com

why don't you all just download mirc, get on dalnet or some other net and download all the free albums you want.

NAPSTER GOT A REPRIEVE - - FREE MUSIC

well at least everyone will be able to download music for a while yet , at least till the next court hearing for Napster come up........LONG LIVE FREE MUSIC........lol................

Re: NAPSTER GOT A REPRIEVE - - FREE MUSIC

: well at least everyone will be able to download music for a while yet , at least till the next court hearing for Napster come up........LONG LIVE FREE MUSIC........lol................

: : well at least everyone will be able to download music for a while yet , at least till the next court hearing for Napster come up........LONG LIVE FREE MUSIC........lol................

free greek music

: : : well at least everyone will be able to download music for a while yet , at least till the next court hearing for Napster come up........LONG LIVE FREE MUSIC........lol................

free greek music

: : well at least all i want to know is how to download music

: well at least everyone will be able to download music for a while yet , at least till the next court hearing for Napster come up........LONG LIVE FREE MUSIC........lol................

ghdsgfdsgfadfgagfafdgagf- - FREE MUSIC

: : well at least everyone will be able to dsg

: What do you think about the recent demise of Napster? What do you think those 20 million users will do now?

: : What do you think about the recent demise of Napster? What do you think those 20 million users will do now?

: : : What do you think about the recent demise of Napster? What do you think those 20 million users will do now?lars should eat a dick and should eat his own shit idiot punk

: What do you think about the recent demise of Napster? What do you think those 20 million users will do now?

How about finding the next available
way of getting the same kind of service?
Seems like a nicely direct approach.

Where there's a demand..........

Now all I have to do is play with my boobs :(

Re: What Now? ESPRA!

[link]http://espra.net/home[/link]
[link]http://freenet.sourceforge.net[/link]

i think it is alll fucked!!!! metellica r capitalist pigs... fuck them wot am i ment to do now?

7string 6string....

I have an old guitar and I was thinking (dangerous) ... Why not restring my 6-string with 7-string strings (confused yet) I mean, strings 7-2, or course, I would sacrificing the high E string to the Gods of low tone, however... isnt that the point... Question is... would this work on a six string, or is there something magic about 7 strings... I have a floyd rose liscenced double locking tremolo if thats an issue.... What do you guys think ???

thanks, ME

Re: 7string 6string....

well want to tune low. Do you use an alternate tuning already? If you don't adjust your guitar correctly it will sound like complete garbage. Have you ever played a 7string? I vowed I would never buy one but every time I play one I come closer. I love them. Now my everyday in a band tuning is crop C(lowCGCFAD), I love that. A six string can be adjusted although it might take you some time. There will be less tension on the neck, you will have to adjust the springs, and string height.

yeah, i hear you... i figured if i went to the 7 string strings, low B right? i would avoid the string tension thing... any thoughts?

okay a little test for you. Put a set of 11's on your guitar tune to lowBEADGB. Sound like crap? Okay loosen the springs up. Retune. Sound like crap. Are the strings vibrating freely or hitting frets. You may have to raise them. Retune. Keep doing this. You may get it to sound right. 7strings are built and setup for it. There pickups are made specially for them(atleast ibanez are). This may take awhile. Just play around.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.