Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Want to hear some produced heavy guitar songs ?

visit :
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/122/b_manning_called_cor_blime.html
lots of neat hooks and riffs.
also listen to some of my jazzier and easy listening songs.

isong out of business

Anybody know if the isong company is out of business? I recently purchased one of isong's guitar instruction CDs via the Internet, from Reed Kotler Music Bookstore, but have been getting responses to the firm's e-mail address bounced back to me as invalid (I haven't received the CD yet). If you have an answer to this query, please e-mail me at leegiles@telusplanet.net
Thanks.

MAJOR SCALES OR BLUES SCALES WHICH ONE LEARN??

AS A BEGINNING GUITARIST I HAVE SEEN BOOKS ON SCALES WHICH STATE THE ROCK MUSIC IS BASED OFF BLUES SCALES AND CHORDS AND THEN SOME SAY THE MAJOR OR PENTONIC SCALES.I AM INTERESTED IN THE STYLES OF STP ,ENUFF Z NUFF AND 80'S ROCK.ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED AND ALSO ARE THERE ANY SITES OUT THERE THAT WOULD LIST CHORDS THAT ARE ASSOCIATED WITH EACH INDIVIDUAL KEYS.EX.. THESE CHORDS ARE IN KEY WITH E.

Re: MAJOR SCALES OR BLUES SCALES WHICH ONE LEARN??

As you are into 80's rock music, learn the Pentatonic minors, the Blues scale and the minor scales to start with. Most rock guitarists use minor scales because they are much easier to solo with than major scales.
Feel free to Mail me, I am a registered tutor with the London College of Music.
Take a look at my site (soon there will be some chord and scale charts for easy referance)
http://members.aol.com/CLEMGIT/GuitarCourse/Welcome.html

Re: MAJOR SCALES OR BLUES SCALES WHICH ONE LEARN??

Learn them all!! Back in 1987 I sat down and tried to learn the guitar solo from REELING IN THE YEARS(Steely
Dan)but couldn't.After about five days of toil I finally got it.If you only learn Minor Scales you'll be missing half of what you'll need to know as a guitar
player

Fender squire wiring diagram?<----need big time!

Fender squire wiring diagram?<----need big time!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fender squire wiring diagram?<----need big time!

Sorry that is Fender squier.

3 single coil,3 pots and a pickup select switch.

Need Help

Anyone know a site that I can get lessons that actually work or a song that you think will make me better?

Re: Need Help

Try www.riffinteractive.com
They have some great beginner lessons and some pretty tuff lessons too.

Brent

Metalica Vs. Napster

Of all the music on Napster Metalica would be the last band I would download. They couldn't pay me to listen to there music. Maybe if they stayed home and practiced instead of wineing (yes that's a play on words} they could play real music

Re: Metalica Vs. Napster

Yah man, you're darn right! And what a way to repay your fans support, by suing them! How greedy can you get?

metallica IS TERRIBLE.

metallica is terrible now, this group used to be against the establishment, now they are sell-out has-beens. it kills me, these groups drink, do drugs, wreck cars, sing "fuk da police" (in dre's case) ... then preach to us about about how its morally wrong to download their music.

metallica is not suing fans, they suing napster for doing what they did. they had no right to distribut songs like that, and i see metallica's point. and i think true musicians fans will never say sell out becoz true enthusiast just looks at music and enjoys it as whole, but not as sell out band, and cheap guitar licks, becoz its not true, i agree not all metallic asongs are great but they had soem masterpieces such as nothing else matters and call of ktulu which i love.

ill sue you fag

i think it is so bull shit about this napster thing and i think metalica is doing the right thing. its like ok you want to barow my music then do i get to barrow your can.
go metalica

you know what i think
i think your a dumb ass

Re: Metallica Vs. Napster

Metallica is awesome. How would you like it someone stole something from you? This is about principle...has nothing to do with money. Metallica probably have more money than they know what to do with. PRACTICE?????? Metallica's musicianship is phenomenal....James' classical compositions, the arranging, the tightness of the group. You trying playing the intro to Master of Puppets or Blackened and keep up with James and Kirk. Now tell me they haven't practiced.

maybe im better at guitar than i think ... i can play puppets and blackened no problem. by the way, thats when metallica was good, after justice for all, they $OLD out!! they stink now. cheers

Even if it's not about money it shouldn't be about Napster. Napster is just a middle man it is the MP3 software that allows the music to be transfered. If Metalica did their homework they would realize they are after the wrong guy. Don't kill the messenger.

Metallica is one of the best bands ever. They're not even suing their fans, they're suing Napster because they aid in the distribution of copyrighted music. Their true fans already have their albums anyway. It's not b/c of money either. They're loaded with money. It's a matter of principle. They have the means to go after Napster whereas some new bands that only have one hit don't have that luxury. They're trying to help out those that aren't so big. and they only want the copyrighted music taken off. They don't care about the trading of bootlegs. I may not agree with the suing of Napster but getting mp3's and burning them on a CD is the same as going to the store and stealing the CD. Long live Metallica.

Hey man i totally agree, its about time someone said some more shit like that, Metallica are lookin out for the little bands out there and i KNOW how hard it is to get a record deal. Good argument, but still, you try songs on napster then buy the cd anyway, so i dont really see there argument. cheers

: Of all the music on Napster Metalica would be the last band I would download. They couldn't pay me to listen to there music. Maybe if they stayed home and practiced instead of wineing (yes that's a play on words} they could play real music
Metallica sucks! Bullshit, it's not about money! It's all about money, or they wouldn't even be interested in what napster was doing. People have been copying albums, tapes, and CD's from friends, as long as there has been a medium for doing so. Napster just increases the number of 'friends' available to trade songs with.
Quit crying ya fuckin' losers(metallica), and get a clue. All the bitchin' in the world will not stop this activity from taking place. Besides, the sound quality of the downloads is not that great. Anyone who actually likes that shit(metallica), is going to buy the CD anyway. Anyone who makes the mistake of downloading that crap, probably wouldn't have spent hard earned cash on it anyway. They probably only wanted one or two songs, God only knows why!

AFTER READING THE COMMENTS ON THIS PAGE, I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW ODD IT IS TO ME, THAT JUST BECAUSE METALICA IS AGAINST NAPSTER, ALL OF THE SUDDEN THEIR MUSIC SUCKS! I ENJOY THEIR MUSIC, AND I ALSO ENJOY NAPSTER. ALL I KEEP HEARING IS HOW THEY SUCK AND THEIR MUSIC IS "SHIT", STICK TO THE FACTS GUYS, YES I AGREE THEY ARE GREEDY BUT THEY ARE STILL PRETTY GOOD SONG WRITERS. TRY TO KEEP THE COMMENTS POINTED AT THE PROBLEM AT HAND, BY THE WAY DON'T WORRY LIKE YOU ALL SAID THEY CAN'T STOP NAPSTER!

Metalica fucken rule! and napster can kiss my sweet ass.

my penis is too small

true musicians play for the love of it. I mean who starts a band saying I'm just playin for the money.
also people want their music to be heard I hope, why else whould they play it. I think napsters awsome.

Well jeez people. I wonder who's doing the more wineing here. Metallica, or the people who hate/love them. If Frank Sinatra was not only still alive, but had a lawyer, and picked a fight with Napster, would the loyal nation of fans split into North and South like we have with Metallica?

your a gay fag

metalica is the best band ever and i would download there music any time punk

your a fuckin fag

: Of all the music on Napster Metalica would be the last band I would download. They couldn't pay me to listen to there music. Maybe if they stayed home and practiced instead of wineing (yes that's a play on words} they could play real music

Metalica cool man so if you dont like metalica get the hec out of here

METALLICA ROCKS.......... it is loosers like you that give people a bad name!!!

If you think you are soooooooo good....why dont you get off YOUR lasy ass and make your own band?!??!?!

HUH???

or are you that bad that you cant even play a guitar!!??!?!?!!??!

GET A LIFE YOU LOOSER!!!

METALLICA ROCKS!!!!!!!!11

Forum Quality: 0

what a crap page this is...

Forum Quality: 0

what a crap page this is...

Metallica are fucked

:yes you are right, what a pisspile excuse for somthing they call music, which should be classified as noise pollution. Who would listen to metallica.

Re: Metallica are fucked

I use to like metallica untile they sued napster. They are fucking dumb for doing it what basterds. I hope they all go poor and die. What is there problem. FUCKING DICK HOLES. I hope you read this you fucking basterds. Everyone i know hate your fagity ass now. you cock sucking whores. My best friend had all your music videos, cds and shirts posters etc. and even put in to a day with your hero on Mtv untile you did that. He burned everything that was with metallica on it. Broke all your cds except 2 witch he sold. all i can say is your a bunch of fags and i hope you die.

Re: Metallica are fucked

: Es bunisima su musica meagrada mucho

your fucked cunt

your the fucking pollution dick head

Metalica IS FUCKING GAY

FUCK YOU FAGGOT ASS OLD MEN

IF I WAS A ROCK LEGEND LIKE YOU WERE, ID LIKE TO SPREAD MY MUSIC TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS I COULD

YOU FAGGOTS SAY "ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC" THEN YOU STUPID FUCKS GO AND PULL THAT SHIT VS NAPSTER BECAUSE YOU HOMOSEXUALS CANT MOOCH ANOTHER $21 OUT OF SOME KIDS

I HOPE YOU ALL FUCKING DIE, YOU SOLD OUT WASHED UP NO TALLENT FAGGOTS

Metalica IS FUCKING GAY

IF I WAS A ROCK LEGEND LIKE YOU WERE, ID LIKE TO SPREAD MY MUSIC TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS I COULD

YOU FAGGOTS SAY "ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC" THEN YOU STUPID FUCKS GO AND PULL THAT SHIT VS NAPSTER BECAUSE YOU HOMOSEXUALS CANT MOOCH ANOTHER $21 OUT OF SOME KIDS

Metalica IS FUCKING GAY

Metalica IS FUCKING GAY

METALICA IS FUCKING GAY

i recorded some metalica tunes off the radio on to cassette are they going to shut down all the radio stations now? hahahaha

Napster closed but for what their is so many other softwares on the web right now that does the exact same thing as napster we still can get the music and more for free the music industry has to recycle themselves we will no longer pay for music if they want to make money just tour and work for a living. I will pay to see a band but not for a cd long live MP3

eat my ass

mesa boogie small amps

I'm looking for a 20 to 50 watt mesa boogie combo amp. I've got a mark III which is great, but looking for something lighter. Any comments on DC-3, studio 22, rocket 44, etc.?

Re: mesa boogie small amps

I have a dc-2 that is a couple of years old and sounds fantastic. It is the newer version of the studio 22 with an added lead/boost. It's 25 watts and sounds great at low volumes. But it also has enough juice for most gigs. I never run out of power with mine because the stage volume would to high for our singer to hear herself. I reluctantly have to sell mine because I have to buy into my new bands P.A. and I use my Fender hotrod more than the Boogie. The Fender fits my style more than the Boogie but the Boogie came across better in recording than the Fender. Those big crunchy chords sounded great on the C.D. The DC-3 also sounded great but was a little more expensive and was basically the same but with a 5 band eq. I liked the 5 band eq but didn't think it was worth the extra 150-200$. A friend of mine has the DC-5 and doesn't like the fact that he has trouble getting good tone at a low volume. The Boogies play really loud for there wattage so make sure you listen at lower volumes if you check out the 50 watters.

Re: mesa boogie small amps

I just bought myself a Mesa/Boogie Studio .22 + and it's a great amp. I've only had it a couple of days now but it's really good. It's 50 watts and a lot lighter than the Mark series amps, but still very loud. Generally I've found playing with Boogie amps apart from the rectifier series that it takes a fair bit of fiddling to get a good sound, but with this one it's hard to get a bad sound.

I basically got it for use with my Marshall JMP-1 (I'd love a Tri-Axis, but they are rather more expensive) and rack effects, so in that context I wouldn't use the lead sound much, but from what I've seen I could definitely make good use of it by itself because it has a nice all around sound.

Mine has the EQ and Reverb, and I'd say they are pretty good things to have.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.