Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1000s of FREE guitar and bass tabs!

: visit http://www.electrifieds.com for 1000s of FREE guitar and bass tabs.

: : visit http://www.electrifieds.com for 1000s of FREE guitar and bass tabs.

artist : dan fogleberg
title : longer
: : : visit http://www.electrifieds.com for 1000s of FREE guitar and bass tabs.

: : : visit http://www.electrifieds.com for 1000s of bass tabs.

there is not a fucking bass tab one on this wb site

Bollocks

I Fart in your general direction

i would like to get some bass tabs for the red hot chilli peppers

i would like to find some tabs for enrique iglesias the song hero

Self Tuning Guitar

Hello everyone,
I view a few threads of curiosity concerning the TransPerformance self tuning guitar. Not many people know about the tuning, but have a desire to write creatively by using alternat tunings. It is now possible with this computerized mechanical tuning system. Check it out at www.selftuning.com

Re: Self Tuning Guitar

: Hello everyone,
: I view a few threads of curiosity concerning the TransPerformance self tuning guitar. Not many people know about the tuning, but have a desire to write creatively by using alternat tunings. It is now possible with this computerized mechanical tuning system. Check it out at www.selftuning.com

The Self Tunning Guitar is something. I visited the web site a long time ago and could see the advantages of owning a Self Tunning Guitar. The really great guitar players are buying the self tunners because they can change tunnings withing a song at the click of a button.

The Self Tunning Guitar expands the ability of the greatest guitar players. It would also be nice to own even if you did not change tunning within a song. Just get the guitar out push a button and it's in tune. It takes the hassle out of keeping your guitar in tune.

Did you ever tune you guitar special for a certain key, to play a certain song? You have to have certain chords be absolutely perfect for certain songs. And in reality we do not have a perfect music scale. So we have to use a compromise tunning that is acceptable in all chord formations, and on every position on the neck, but it is a commpromise, and not an absolutely perfect tunning, no matter how good your guitar intonnation is. If you have perfect relative pitch, you need to hear a perfect chord in some songs. A self tunning guitar could be preset so that certain chord formation produce absolutely perfect chords in certain postiions of the neck. This is a great advantage to those who have perfect relative pitch.

I think that someday all high end guitars will come with self tunning computer mechnisms. But right now that is not the case. You can buy a A Telecaster Or Les Paul from the company that makes the self tunning mechanism, or you can have it installed on your guitar. But it's not cheap, darn it.

I sure wish I could have the self tunning mechansm added to my Fender Telecaster. How nice that would be. To those who have big bucks, the Self tunner is more than a toy, especially if you have advanced in your guitar playing enough to appreciate the advantages this innovative guitar tunning computer mechanism brings to you.

Check out the web site where this self tunner is on display.

Are you advanced enough to need a Self tunning guitar to play the most creative of all Guitar Music, using different tunnings within a song?

Robert Lee Johnson
The Guitar Man

www.mp3.com/theguitarman

Re: where can i find a tunning site?

hi. my name is Tarren and i'm a 17/m/australia. what i would like to know is where i can find a site that has heaps,heaps of different guitar tunnings and how to do them. eg D G C F A D
how to get it- tune the 7th fret of the E string to the A string. Retune the rest of the guitar as in normal tunning. etc....
i would like to know how to do heaps and heaps of them as i'm a serious guitar player and when i'm listening to cds of mine they all have different tunnings. and when i play i want the sound to match the cd if u know what i mean. so i would like to know if u know a site which has a list of them and how to do it as i have shown above in the example. it would be VERY much appriciated and i would also be very grateful if u can help me out. if not please try and contact me on my email where i could find them. Thanks alot
TARREN

: hi. my name is Tarren and i'm a 17/m/australia. what i would like to know is where i can find a site that has heaps,heaps of different guitar tunnings and how to do them. eg D G C F A D
: how to get it- tune the 7th fret of the E string to the A string. Retune the rest of the guitar as in normal tunning. etc....
: i would like to know how to do heaps and heaps of them as i'm a serious guitar player and when i'm listening to cds of mine they all have different tunnings. and when i play i want the sound to match the cd if u know what i mean. so i would like to know if u know a site which has a list of them and how to do it as i have shown above in the example. it would be VERY much appriciated and i would also be very grateful if u can help me out. if not please try and contact me on my email where i could find them. Thanks alot
: TARREN

guitar.com has a chord generator. you can change the tunnings on it. if you work it right you can figure out some good stuff. but it might not be quit what your lookin for, but who knows.
mickeys

: : hi. my name is Tarren and i'm a 17/m/australia. what i would like to know is where i can find a site that has heaps,heaps of different guitar tunnings and how to do them. eg D G C F A D
: : how to get it- tune the 7th fret of the E string to the A string. Retune the rest of the guitar as in normal tunning. etc....
: : i would like to know how to do heaps and heaps of them as i'm a serious guitar player and when i'm listening to cds of mine they all have different tunnings. and when i play i want the sound to match the cd if u know what i mean. so i would like to know if u know a site which has a list of them and how to do it as i have shown above in the example. it would be VERY much appriciated and i would also be very grateful if u can help me out. if not please try and contact me on my email where i could find them. Thanks alot
: : TARREN

:
: guitar.com has a chord generator. you can change the tunnings on it. if you work it right you can figure out some good stuff. but it might not be quit what your lookin for, but who knows.
: mickeys

onde posso encontrar photos de tunnings

: : : hi. my name is Tarren and i'm a 17/m/australia. what i would like to know is where i can find a site that has heaps,heaps of different guitar tunnings and how to do them. eg D G C F A D
: : : how to get it- tune the 7th fret of the E string to the A string. Retune the rest of the guitar as in normal tunning. etc....
: : : i would like to know how to do heaps and heaps of them as i'm a serious guitar player and when i'm listening to cds of mine they all have different tunnings. and when i play i want the sound to match the cd if u know what i mean. so i would like to know if u know a site which has a list of them and how to do it as i have shown above in the example. it would be VERY much appriciated and i would also be very grateful if u can help me out. if not please try and contact me on my email where i could find them. Thanks alot
: : : TARREN

: :
: : guitar.com has a chord generator. you can change the tunnings on it. if you work it right you can figure out some good stuff. but it might not be quit what your lookin for, but who knows.
: : mickeys

Looking for hot talent

Soundgenerator.com is now activly looking for talented musicians and bands. The A&R dept is currently running a top 10 mp3 chart and are scouting for talent for the future, so if you wish to be involved please regester first and submit via e-mail or the mp3 artist board your material

Please register now to become a member of the foremost website for musicians and the music industry in the world. You will be able to search for anything from a CD to a studio to a sampler/find a musician for your band/submit a demo to a label/find a song for your artiste/ find a venue for your band and much, much more. We aim to give to you all of this under one site.
www.soundgenerator.com

looking for talent

hi
i have been working for tele visa in ottawa if you are iterested please email me.

vocalist/songwriter

Hi! My name is Ramona. I am writing in regards to you post messgae. I am singer/songwriter or various types of music including dance, pop, latin and have recently recorded a demo of three of my songs. If you are interested in these. Please do not hesitate to contact me on the details provided.

Kind Regards,

Ramona

Re: Looking for hot talent

Do you have acting because I'm studying to became an actor a.k.a. move star

love,
yolanda

Do you have acting because I'm studying to became an actor a.k.a. move star

love,
yolanda

p.s thankyou

: Soundgenerator.com is now activly looking for talented musicians and bands. The A&R dept is currently running a top 10 mp3 chart and are scouting for talent for the future, so if you wish to be involved please regester first and submit via e-mail or the mp3 artist board your material

: we are cool
: www.soundgenerator.com

we love music, women, and parties
: we are cool
: and we are both hot and talented

Are there any classical guitar finger pickers here? -

Ive been thinking about switching to finger picking. Is that real hard to play fast with? I can use a pick fast, I can move my fingers fast on the guitar or piano, I can play fast on one string at a time with a bow on a violin but I cant finger pick fast at all - not even on one string at a time. Is finger picking the hardest thing to get fast with? Can someone recomend a good instructional video for a beginer for classical guitar - I cant afford lessons.

yes-

i play classical. it's very easy for me to play fast, but i've been doing it for almost 30 years.

i think you might want to consider the SOUND, rather than speed for a while. it's a big adjustment getting rid of the pick and your primary concern should probably be tone, at least until you develop your technique a little.

Thanks

Those are great lessons - I might get the 3 Aaron Shearer begginer books. Im into speed alot but I want to switch to finger picking because I like the way it feels more. I got tired of rubbing my right palm on the strings or pushing against fingers anchored on the guitar - you have to do that to pick fast cuz its hard to balance picking fast with your whole right hand off of the guitar.

Re: Thanks

Finger picking is useful when using a pick sounds too sharp. It all comes naturally - I developed my finger picking style after playing Stairway to Heaven over and over. Just keep practicing and it should develop enough so that you won't even have to think about which fingers are doing what.

Re: Are there any classical guitar finger pickers here? -

While I agree with robb's comments on sound, you have to start somewhere. I have several lessons posted at the Wholenote guitar site that should help. Go to http://www.wholenote.com , click on lessons and scroll down to Flamenco. My lessons apply to most fingerstyle playing, not just Flamenco. Real life examples of these appear at http://www.mp3.com/jimgraham , Jim

: Ive been thinking about switching to finger picking. Is that real hard to play fast with? I can use a pick fast, I can move my fingers fast on the guitar or piano, I can play fast on one string at a time with a bow on a violin but I cant finger pick fast at all - not even on one string at a time. Is finger picking the hardest thing to get fast with? Can someone recomend a good instructional video for a beginer for classical guitar - I cant afford lessons.

If your sole desire is to play fast, stay with the pick. I have been playing with fingers for about 15 years. This is after playing with a pick for 15 years, and I have never been able to play as fast. But this is a small sacrafice for what playing with you finger can offer.

Robert Eldridge on mp3 has a very eclectic fingerstyle you should listen to....

http://www.mp3.com/roberteldridge

i think will like his style

I perform. compose for, and teach the classical guitar. If you are interested in obtaining a book to start with, try the Frederick Noad methods. You can find his stuff everywhere and talks to you as an adult and not a child like most books I've used to teach with. As far as speed is concerned, you do have to sacrifice that desire. There are some exceptional guitarists that can play fast on the classical, but they are rare. The classical gitar is more about expression and musicality and not so much on the pyrotechinics. It is, however, worth it as you are the music and have to rely on no one.

Check out my website to see and hear some of my compostions for the classical guitar.

Check out my website to see and hear some of my compostions for the classical guitar. The url is: http://www.richsguitarsite.ewebpromo.com

The picking hand is critical for any style. It's the voice and the source of the rhythm, the groove, the expression. It's great that you hear and appreciate that. That's why we think that our practice instrument, called the Twanger PraxAx is so useful. You can find out more at www.twanger.com. It's about the size of your hand, has normal guage strings mounted above a piece of maple, and the string tension can be adjusted to suit your needs. Comes with a nylon web belt so you can groove on the move and give your right hand a workout wherever, whenever.

If you're serious, pick up a copy of Scott Tenant's Pumping Nylon, it's a book and a video and the best guitar technique thing out there.

If you're serious, pick up a copy of Scott Tenant's Pumping Nylon, it's a book and a video and the best guitar technique thing out there.

I think it is difficult to play fast but there are a lot of finger pickers from many different
areas, country to jazz to flamenco, that can play fast with their fingers.

A good tape to watch is "World of Fingerstyle Jazz" from vestapol video. It doesn't show you
how to get fast but it is certainly inspiring!

Also "Meeting of the Spirits" from vestapol video, is awesome if you like flamenco stuff.
Paco DeLucia is the one of the fastest flamenco pickers I've seen. Also on the tape
are John McLauglin and Larry Corryel. No lessons here just inspiring tape.

: Ive been thinking about switching to finger picking. Is that real hard to play fast with? I can use a pick fast, I can move my fingers fast on the guitar or piano, I can play fast on one string at a time with a bow on a violin but I cant finger pick fast at all - not even on one string at a time. Is finger picking the hardest thing to get fast with? Can someone recomend a good instructional video for a beginer for classical guitar - I cant afford lessons.

: I think it is difficult to play fast but there are a lot of finger pickers from many different
: areas, country to jazz to flamenco, that can play fast with their fingers.

: A good tape to watch is "World of Fingerstyle Jazz" from vestapol video. It doesn't show you
: how to get fast but it is certainly inspiring!

: Also "Meeting of the Spirits" from vestapol video, is awesome if you like flamenco stuff.
: Paco DeLucia is the one of the fastest flamenco pickers I've seen. Also on the tape
: are John McLauglin and Larry Corryel. No lessons here just inspiring tape.

: : Ive been thinking about switching to finger picking. Is that real hard to play fast with? I can use a pick fast, I can move my fingers fast on the guitar or piano, I can play fast on one string at a time with a bow on a violin but I cant finger pick fast at all - not even on one string at a time. Is finger picking the hardest thing to get fast with? Can someone recomend a good instructional video for a beginer for classical guitar - I cant afford lessons.
:paco pena has some good ones

NONE

OF COURSE

A bit late but here's my view. I was taught classical guitar through the traditional method of AMEB and my picking style is as fast as any one could ever want. My flat pick style is not so great but isn't needed. So stop looking for easy ways out, it takes years of practice and dedication to be great at something.

Napster

Here's some humorous perspective on the Napster MP3 debate...

http://theonion.com/onion3618/kid_rock_starves.html

Re: Napster-Joe L.

: Here's some humorous perspective on the Napster MP3 debate...

: http://theonion.com/onion3618/kid_rock_starves.html

Another Napster tradgedy. MP3 users should be made to jump off the edge of the world. Death CAN be fun.

GOTOH

CAN ANY ONE TELL WHAT COMPANY MAKES GOTOH PICKUPS ARE WHO OWNS GOTOH IKNOW ITS A JAPAN BASE COMPANY

Re: GOTOH

: CAN ANY ONE TELL WHAT COMPANY MAKES GOTOH PICKUPS ARE WHO OWNS GOTOH IKNOW ITS A JAPAN BASE COMPANY

Gotoh company in Japan makes Gotoh tuners, bridges and other hardware for guitars and
basses.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani, Exotic Woods Co. Inc.

Is Metallica Greedy?

Is Metallica Greedy?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Is Metallica Greedy?

Do you know who Hank Garland Is

Hank Garland is one of the Greats of Both Country Music and Bebop Jazz Guitar. He came to Nashville to play as a professional on the Grand Ole Opry when he was only 15 years old.

Hank Garland Played on Elvis Recordings, and most all the popular Records made in Nashville until 1961. He Also played on Jazz Recordings by George Shearing. Hank Garland also Played in the Birdland Jazz Club in New York City.

Hank Garland made Country Music Guitar Instrumental Recordings and Modern Jazz Guitar Recordings.

I have an extensive Web Page on Hank Garland if anyone is interested. He is one of the Guitar Greats.

My Hank Garland Web Page

http://www3.50megs.com/dobro222/greatguitarist_hank_garland.html

Robert Lee Johnson
The Guitar Man

www.mp3.com/theguitarman

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.