Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Do you know who Hank Garland Is

: Hank Garland is one of the Greats of Both Country Music and Bebop Jazz Guitar. He came to Nashville to play as a professional on the Grand Ole Opry when he was only 15 years old.

: Hank Garland Played on Elvis Recordings, and most all the popular Records made in Nashville until 1961. He Also played on Jazz Recordings by George Shearing. Hank Garland also Played in the Birdland Jazz Club in New York City.

: Hank Garland made Country Music Guitar Instrumental Recordings and Modern Jazz Guitar Recordings.

:
: I have an extensive Web Page on Hank Garland if anyone is interested. He is one of the Guitar Greats.

: My Hank Garland Web Page

: http://www3.50megs.com/dobro222/greatguitarist_hank_garland.html

: Robert Lee Johnson
: The Guitar Man

: www.mp3.com/theguitarman

: : Hank Garland is one of the Greats of Both Country Music and Bebop Jazz Guitar. He came to Nashville to play as a professional on the Grand Ole Opry when he was only 15 years old.

: : Hank Garland Played on Elvis Recordings, and most all the popular Records made in Nashville until 1961. He Also played on Jazz Recordings by George Shearing. Hank Garland also Played in the Birdland Jazz Club in New York City.

: : Hank Garland made Country Music Guitar Instrumental Recordings and Modern Jazz Guitar Recordings.

: :
: : I have an extensive Web Page on Hank Garland if anyone is interested. He is one of the Guitar Greats.

: : My Hank Garland Web Page

: : http://www3.50megs.com/dobro222/greatguitarist_hank_garland.html

:
: : Robert Lee Johnson
: : The Guitar Man

: : www.mp3.com/theguitarman

Guitar Man

I am currently compiling a comprenhensive list of as many of Hank's recording as I can find, any help you can provide would be appreciated. He sure did make a lot of them! I already have afull session list of all his Elvis work provided to me by Steve Scholes web site.
Dave Wells
Bristol England

: Hank Garland is one of the Greats of Both Country Music and Bebop Jazz Guitar. He came to Nashville to play as a professional on the Grand Ole Opry when he was only 15 years old.

: Hank Garland Played on Elvis Recordings, and most all the popular Records made in Nashville until 1961. He Also played on Jazz Recordings by George Shearing. Hank Garland also Played in the Birdland Jazz Club in New York City.

: Hank Garland made Country Music Guitar Instrumental Recordings and Modern Jazz Guitar Recordings.

:
: I have an extensive Web Page on Hank Garland if anyone is interested. He is one of the Guitar Greats.

: My Hank Garland Web Page

: http://www3.50megs.com/dobro222/greatguitarist_hank_garland.html

: Robert Lee Johnson
: The Guitar Man

: www.mp3.com/theguitarman

Hi Robert lee:

My Mother, Fern Jones, made an album on Dot
Records during 1957-58 which features some of what I like to think of as Hank's best work. Though she considered herself a gospel performer, like so many, she'd cut her teeth on blues in the Deep South clubs of the 1930's. I think her album is out of print. It was called "Singing A Happy Song" and I'm including mentions of Hank in a book I'm writing called "The Glory Road" about my family's life in evangelism/gospel work in the 1950's. Good luck with your continued research. Hank was a true genius. I say "was" because someone here in Hollywood said they think he passed away? Someone else told me he was in an awful car crash years ago and never did get all his agility back. do you know any details? is Hank still with us today?

Disco music is the best

Oh yeah, Technotronic, Emjay, Jennifer Lopez this is what i call music.

Re: Disco music is the best

you stupid fucking penis. why do u come on this guitar site and promote disco? u obviously are just a stupid little homosexual puerto rican man with a little too much time on his rosy hands. try nirvana, asshole. thats music. at least our musicians write their own songs and play their own instruments and are talented enough to do more than gesticulate around to dances their fucking choreographers taught them. thats not talent dude, thats just damn pathetic. so take your kool and the gang ass out of here and go stick you weasel in a toaster or something. fucking prick.

Re: Disco music is the best

Disco is for fags and pussies. Shut the hell up.

Hipshot Tremsetter....does it really work?

Hipshot Tremsetter....does it really work?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hipshot Tremsetter....does it really work?

Leslie/guitar freeks

Any guitarists out there into the leslie thing? Please email with thoughts, tips, tricks, links, etc.
Have been hooked on leslies since I first heard Lonnie Mack's Wham, 150 yrs. ago

Re: Leslie/guitar freeks

I use POD leslie sometimes. With Midipedals you can control the speed and switch between slow/fast.
Listen to a short MP3 with POD leslie at:
http://www.geocities.com/pylonia
/RRR

: Any guitarists out there into the leslie thing? Please email with thoughts, tips, tricks, links, etc.
: Have been hooked on leslies since I first heard Lonnie Mack's Wham, 150 yrs. ago

Re: Leslie/guitar freeks

Hi,

I have been a guitar player for 25 years and I am very
interested in acquiring a Leslie cabinet to experiment
with.

Is a Leslie 45 a good one to start with? I do not know
much about Leslies, what would I need to have hardware
wise in order to play thru a 45? Also, any tips on what to look out for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Harry.

HOW TO SET UP A DIGITECH GSP 21 PRO GUITAR PROCESSOR!

HOW TO SET UP A DIGITECH GSP 21 PRO GUITAR PROCESSOR!

This popular thread has been given its own page : HOW TO SET UP A DIGITECH GSP 21 PRO GUITAR PROCESSOR!

The Music of Francisco burgos

Listen to 9 songs from recently released Classical Guitar CD "Rhapsody" by Francisco burgos. Includes three original compositions

The Music of Francisco burgos

Listen to 9 songs from recently released Classical Guitar CD "Rhapsody" by Francisco burgos. Includes three original compositions. www.mp3.com/franciscoburgos

Could someone give me the patch settings for the GFX-707 PED-WAH?

I've accidentally replaced that patch

Re: Could someone give me the patch settings for the GFX-707 PED-WAH?

: I've accidentally replaced that patch
just restore the factory setting by holding store when you turn on the pedal and then when alinit comes up press store it will change all the sounds back to the original

here is how you get to choose which patches you want to put the old patches back on : turn off the zoom.
hold down the store button wilst turning it on
the words ALLINT will appear, press the pedals down left and right to choose the patch you want to replace.
press store to replace the patch, and press cancel to get back to normal mode. and what do you owe me for this deed? visit my shitty site. www.millboyo.8k.com

thats what i said, fool

Read here...................please...............

I know you get tired of seeing people post there website adresses and stuff all the time but take a minute to visit my site.
There's lots of stuff on the page even a message board to go and talk on.
And of course it's a guitar page:
www.bozzguitar.homestead.com/home.html

bass tabs for beginner

I'm looking for free and easy bass tabs on the web.
Thanks!

Re: bass tabs for beginner

: I'm looking for free and easy bass tabs on the web.
: Thanks!

That's nice, but does anyone know where to find tabs like that?

Hi,
for bass tabs look at http://www.basstabarchive.com

I'm looking for some easy basslines to learn. that way i can figure somethings about notes fitting together and mess, someone please help me out!

: : I'm looking for free and easy bass tabs on the web.
: : Thanks!
how do u read it..... What do u do with a line like this:
E--------22332--------
D----44433225---------
A---------------------
G1-2------------------

: I'm looking for some easy and free bass tabs for beginners. I just got mine on christmas. if you find some kick them this way.

look up olga tab index on a search anf find pennywise
they have a one string songs called bro-hymm very easy song very cool song.

please send me system of a down: marmalade bass tabs,
thanks.

thanks.

thanks.

Re: bass tabs for a beginner

: : I'm looking for free and easy bass tabs on the web.
: : Thanks!

don't know how to play at all!!!!!!!!!!!

:i want cool easy bass tabs for songs today

looking for easy bass tabs for beginer

: please i really want to learn this awsome guitar. thanks

Frontpage web hosting

What other problems do you have besides being unemployed, a moron and a dork?
--------------------------------------------------<hr>

Website Hosting Packages - Windows 2003 Server
<a href="http://www.efextra.net">Web design hosting site</a>
http://www.efextra.net

Website promotion - SEO

Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows.

-----------------------------<hr>

<a href="http://www.doorway-page-software.com/">Search Engine Positioning</a>

http://www.doorway-page-software.com

sound quality versus aging of acoustic guitars

sound quality versus aging of acoustic guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : sound quality versus aging of acoustic guitars

Guitar FX unit

In the opinion of all you great players out there what is the best, quietest and versatile Guitar FX unit, either rack mount or stand alone. Thanks for taking the time.

Re: Guitar FX unit

Some examples...
Rack mount (chorus, flanger, reverb, delay FX):
TC Electronics and Lexicon

Floor pedal: Check Line6 new pedals

/Knud

: In the opinion of all you great players out there what is the best, quietest and versatile Guitar FX unit, either rack mount or stand alone. Thanks for taking the time.

Re: Guitar FX unit

For practicing and/or recording check out a korg px3. See some of my other posts for a
better description of the unit.

Newton

: In the opinion of all you great players out there what is the best, quietest and versatile Guitar FX unit, either rack mount or stand alone. Thanks for taking the time.

Anybody Hughes&Kettner Vortex user?

Does anyone have Hughes&Kettner Vortex amp (head 80 W and cab 4 x 12" 200 W) or otherwise is familiar with that?
I've tested once but only a short time. I will be glad to hear your experiences.

Re: Anybody Hughes&Kettner Vortex user?

I have one at home, but the head is not 80 watts though. It's a 100 Watt head as far as I know. Maybe there are two different kinds but I've never heard of that. It's a rock amp, plain and simple. It has o.k. clean, but if you mainly play the softer cleaner type of music you shouldn't buy it, you should go for fender. If you mainly play rock however, this is the best buy to make for that kind of money. It doesn't have a shitload of settings, but nothing the right footswitch can't fix. The overdrive channel is great, you don't need a pedal to make alot of metal noise or seventies black sabbath type shit.
If u wanna know more.........just ask.

I bought this amp in March '99 and have never looked back. I don't like amps that have loads on knobs, and this is very basic. The clean sound is great and can get a good range with the EQ knobs. I like the distortion sound but the only drawback is there's no indidual EQ for each channel. Ive found that if I get the clean tone I want,then the EQ on distortion sounds too muddy. And if I get the dist. right, then the clean sounds too tinny. I use separate pedals. But all in all this is a great amp that throws air across a room, but it's not too deafening when you're stood next to it.

dont buy one. im currently looking online for the schematics on the head because it just stopped working and cant find the schematics anywhere

Need wiring diagram for Gibson SG

Need wiring diagram for Gibson SG

This popular thread has been given its own page : Need wiring diagram for Gibson SG

What do I Need

I am a beginner and I was wanting an acoustic guitar.
What is the best brand for the $$$. I really can not aford anything over $200.
What is the diference in a 6 sting or 12 sting?
I want to play country music

THANKS FOR ANY INFO KC

Re: What do I Need

: I am a beginner and I was wanting an acoustic guitar.
: What is the best brand for the $$$. I really can not aford anything over $200.
: What is the diference in a 6 sting or 12 sting?
: I want to play country music

KC, I think you just decided what the difference between the 6 and 12 strings is, 6 MORE STRINGS!!! A 12 string has a cool sound, because the strings in between the base strings are octaves, giving you a rounded sound. It is harder to start on a 12-string. It is easier to just get started on the 6. Yamaha makes a decent guitar for $200, but don't expect much out of it. Acoustics at that price are all the same, and are tough on begginers. 6 strings is what most country players use. Check some cheap resonator guitars, they are very country picking type guitars. I think the best match is, when you get into electrics, you should look at Fender Tele's. They are country electric at its finest

: THANKS FOR ANY INFO KC

Re: What do I Need

: I am a beginner and I was wanting an acoustic guitar.
: What is the best brand for the $$$. I really can not aford anything over $200.
: What is the diference in a 6 sting or 12 sting?
: I want to play country music

: THANKS FOR ANY INFO KC
If you have somebody that plays guitar and has a clue about guitars you can check out used guitars. you can get a pretty decent acoustic used for $200. If you shop on your own used however you might get ripped off.

smf tube amp head schematic

I have an SMF amp tube amp head that has Dallas Music Industry from England on it, as well as Sound City. It was made in 1976. I'm attempting to find the schematic for it. Any clues? Thanks.

RK

Re: smf tube amp head schematic

: I have an SMF amp tube amp head that has Dallas Music Industry from England on it, as well as Sound City. It was made in 1976. I'm attempting to find the schematic for it. Any clues? Thanks.

: RK

RK-

I have one of those too! Please let me know if
you find out anything. Mine still works but I'd
love to have more info.

Claude

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.