Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Buying the best (is it worth it)

Buying the best (is it worth it)

This popular thread has been given its own page : Buying the best (is it worth it)

TOKIA GUITARS

TOKIA GUITARS

This popular thread has been given its own page : TOKIA GUITARS

guitarist needed

im in need of a hardcore-alternative guitarist that is in the tulsa area.Must be willing to practice 3 times a week (if not more)and play weekly shows. If interested e-mail me at nayr976. thanx

I need info

Sometime last week
my Friend was reading a guitar magazine and he came across an interesting article. It mentioned something about a 'guitar university' I think it was
called "ACM" I was wondering if you could please send me information about this school and if possible their web address. I am asking you this as it
has been a life-long dream of mine (or as long as I have been playing the guitar) to teach the guitar to fellow musicians who are in the same situation as I am, or to at least have a qualification from the guitar.
I Thankyou in advance.
Gary (Lay_Z)

looking for a song

anyone have chords for any songs on the david ruis cd shake off the dust?

Guitarist needed...

I am forming a pop/rock/alternative band and I need a guitarist, a drummer and a keybordist. Please go to my site at http://www.1badband.com and check out the information. You may also listen to a 4-track demo I did a couple of weeks ago.

I am looking to form a fantastic band. If you don't know you are great, don't bother responding to this post.

Thank you all very much and feel free to give me any feedback you may have in the form of e-mail or a post.

Kevin
1bad

Re: Guitarist needed...

: I am forming a pop/rock/alternative band and I need a guitarist, a drummer and a keybordist. Please go to my site at http://www.1badband.com and check out the information. You may also listen to a 4-track demo I did a couple of weeks ago.

: I am looking to form a fantastic band. If you don't know you are great, don't bother responding to this post.

: Thank you all very much and feel free to give me any feedback you may have in the form of e-mail or a post.

: Kevin
: 1bad

I am the next Hendrix/Slash/Clapton/SRV...Where r u based?

How old are u ? i am 13m ..

need chords to Donna Summer's Last Dance

need chords to Donna Summer's Last Dance

This popular thread has been given its own page : need chords to Donna Summer's Last Dance

Can anyone lead me to where i can get free tab , or sheet music

the thing i most recently found , me being new to this gutiar thing and all is music book are expensive almost every one ive bought is upwards of 20 dollars can anyone help me save some money .......

ZION

Re: Can anyone lead me to where i can get free tab , or sheet music

go to gutiar.net or tabster.com

Re: Can anyone lead me to where i can get free tab , or sheet music

: www.olga.net

: ZION

aussie tab

i'm look for some aussie tabs, or even words to songs.
a real prize would be the "newcastle song", y'know the one' where dave trys to pick-up a bikie's sheila outside of a milkbar.

Re: aussie tab

Try this......

http://www.nobbys.net.au/~ozmc/oztabpage/index.html

Samick

I have just recently purchased a Samick LA30 335 series copy and would like any feedback on this guitar, good or bad.

Re: Samick

I have one..the finish isnt the best the guitar sounds and plays o.k...i keep on breaking strings though.paid $200 for it new

guitar tabalture

i have been trying to find lyrics and chords (tablature)for about a month now and can't find anything if you know where i can find that please send it to me !!

Re: guitar tabalture

: i have been trying to find lyrics and tabs (tablature)for about a month now and can't find anything if you know where i can find that please send it to me !!

: : i have been trying to find lyrics and tabs (tablature)for about a month now and can't find anything if you know where i can find that please send it to me !!
Try mxtabs.com

: i have been trying to find lyrics and chords (tablature)for about a month now and can't find anything if you know where i can find that please send it to me !!

: : i have been trying to find (tablature) can't find anything if you know where i can find that please send it to me !!I need the tab for
BB King's the "thrill is gone".

: i have been trying to find lyrics and chords of old version of hotel california (tablature) and can't find anything if you know where i can find that or if u happen to have it ..please please send it to me !!

: : i have been trying to find lyrics and chords of old version of hotel california (tablature) and can't find anything if you know where i can find that or if u happen to have it ..please please send it to me !!
and i want tabs of VAN DER GRAFF GENERATOR...BONERR AND GORDON.(happy toguether):::....GONG.......Y PROGRESSIVE ROCK,,,ETC,,ETC
THANK YOU!!!

: : i have been trying to find lyrics and chords of old version of hotel california (tablature) and can't find anything if you know where i can find that or if u happen to have it ..please please send it to me !!
and i want tabs of VAN DER GRAFF GENERATOR...BONERR AND GORDON.(happy toguether):::....GONG.......Y PROGRESSIVE ROCK,,,ETC,,ETC
THANK YOU!!!

: : : i have been trying to find lyrics and chords of old version of hotel california (tablature) and can't find anything if you know where i can find that or if u happen to have it ..please please send it to me !!

TABROBOT.COM

Do you have Moonlight sonata in tabulature? Or have any resources? My email is judebug@hydrex.com until next week then is judebug@hydrexscc.com Thank You Judy

Tab to "So Many Roads" (Dead)

Does anyone have the lead in tab to this? Or tell me wereI can buy it!! Thanks.

Chords wanted

Hi:

Looking for chords and or lyrics to "Listen to Her Heart"

Thanx!

Re: Chords wanted

hi!
will u plz send the lead guitar cords of "Listen to Her Heart" or
Iron Maiden - Alexander The Great .... if u know

bi
: Thanx!

: Looking for chords and or lyrics to "Listen to Her Heart"

Chords wanted

: Hi:

: Looking for chords and or lyrics to "Jeremy"-pearl Jam: Thanx!

Re: Chords wanted

: Hi:

: Looking for chords and or lyrics to "MY HEART IS BEATING" from hindi movie JULIE.

changing pickups on floyd rose

How do you change your guitar's pickups if you have a floyd rose trem? The reason I ask is because last time i took all the strings off, i threw the trem out of balance.

re:how do you change guitar pickups

: How do you change your guitar's pickups if you have a floyd rose trem? The reason I ask is because last time i took all the strings off, i threw the trem out of balance.

Set him free?

Mark Chapman murdered John Lennon in New York City on December 8, 1980. Chapman says he deserved to be executed for his crime, but that Lennon, being a liberal, would probably have wanted him to be released...

Nearly 20 years later, Chapman is now seeking parole. Should he be let go?

Re: Set him free?

I don't think Chapman should be freed. In case you haven't heard his angle, Chapman's found religion and now wants to get out and preach. Chapman says he thinks John Lennon would want him released...well, maybe he would but not if I had a vote. As far as I am concerned, Chapman is where he belongs....for life just like the conviction issued.

Chapman murdered John Lennon in New York City on December 8, 1980. Chapman says he deserved to be executed for his crime, but that Lennon, being a liberal, would probably have wanted him to be released...

: Nearly 20 years later, Chapman is now seeking parole. Should he be let go?

the way chapman tries to put the blame on his past and his father sounds as if the criminal tries to give away the responsibility for his crime. beside this, chapman is allowed to kick off a huge press campaign (strange u.s.a., folks!), but we'll see if this
works out the way he planned it.
the other truth is that chapman is a mentally sick man. anyone with resposibility can't let him out again.

franjo

There is no rational way Mark *&*^(I can barely dirty the keyboard letters with the completion of his name) should be granted parole. Words falter in an attempt to decribe the genius shining through John Lennon and the gift, not only to songwriting, but to the philosophy, social progress and ideology of the modern world that he left behind: what we have missed because of his assassination defies wonder. It would be an absolute abomination to release the evil manifestation who has barely paid for his crime; a lifetime behind bars cannot compensate for taking John Lennon's life. Who knows though, apparently he has turned to God (like that will absolve his sins)and america has been known to have a penchant for Born Agains. Perhaps, a la Chopper Read, if he is released, he'll make a nice fortune out of murdering one of this century's icons and in a few we'll get to see the movie. Any bets on who'll play the lead?

never. God judges us by our motives and sees into our hearts; Mankind can only judge the actions of our fellows - as we cannot see into each others' hearts. Due to racial bias world-wide, i am no fan of the death penalty but in this case i would pay to stick that needle in his arm. the harm he did to this world by murdering John Lennon is incalcuable and unforgivable. Besides, who are we to entertain hypothetical questions regarding what the dead might think? It is a waste of time.

Jackson Guitars

Are they a good guitar, will they hold up for a long period of time, is the hardwear made well?
Any info is apprecciated.
Thanks

Re: Jackson Guitars

: Are they a good guitar, will they hold up for a long period of time, is the hardwear made well?
: Any info is apprecciated.
: Thanks

Hey Jeff, I have been using Jackson Guitars now for 15 years from the Soloist to the new RR5 Randy Rhoads Guitar! I swear by them!! I really love any of the higher end ones like the DR3! But stay away from teh Performance series! Check out their web site at http://www.jacksonguitars.com! TO see my recent collection of Jacksons go to http://www.djloverboy.com

Re: Jackson Guitars

Good guitar Got 3 of them Spant the extra noney and get a floyd rose

Fender Acoustsonic SFX versus Crate ca125d

Does anyone know which amp is better between the fender and the crate. They both have digital effects but not sure which one to buy. Any thoughts would be helpful. I will be using a Martin 6 string and a Yamaha and Alvarez 12 string.
Thanks in advance.
Send responses to my email if possible
gperry@optonline.net

Re: Fender Acoustsonic SFX versus Crate ca125d

I've got a Fender Accoustasonic Junior and I love it ...I play a Martin D-2832 thru it and it's as sweet a tone as could want ! It's got enough kick to play in small clubs. Guitar Player gave it an Editor's Pick and I would agree ..it's a great sounding amp at a good price ..Crispy ...........n my 1cent worth's ! : Does anyone know which amp is better between the fender and the crate. They both have digital effects but not sure which one to buy. Any thoughts would be helpful. I will be using a Martin 6 string and a Yamaha and Alvarez 12 string.
: Thanks in advance.
: Send responses to my email if possible
: gperry@optonline.net

Re: Fender Acoustsonic SFX versus Crate ca125d

PLEASE, BUY THE FENDER!!!!!!! It is an awesome amp, there is nothing like it. Besides Crate sucks! You will hate yourself if you chose the Crate over the Fender.

Which Strat?

I have been away from the guitar for many years and wnated to know which strat to buy. Also, I have had several people tell me that the fender strats are not up to par nowadays. I have always liked the strat sound, or at least what my old one sounded like in the 60's. So are they worth the money, as for as playability and sound? I have heard they are made in various parts of the world now. Someone please give me the rundown on all of this. I really do want the fender brand, for nostalgia reasons, but give me the hard, cold truth . Thanks Steve

Re: Which Strat?

: I have been away from the guitar for many years and wnated to know which strat to buy. Also, I have had several people tell me that the fender strats are not up to par nowadays. I have always liked the strat sound, or at least what my old one sounded like in the 60's. So are they worth the money, as for as playability and sound? I have heard they are made in various parts of the world now. Someone please give me the rundown on all of this. I really do want the fender brand, for nostalgia reasons, but give me the hard, cold truth . Thanks Steve

Well now strats are made anywhere from Mexico to Korea, but they still have American strats, which are the best. They just came out with the American Series, which is the new generation of Fender's. They still have American Standards that are an older generation, and they are going cheap these day's in the $600 range if you could find one. I reccomend that since you are an experienced player that you try to find the best you can. From your description you may have played some Pre-CBS strats, that are just to such a higher leval than the Fenders of today. I reccomend that you look at brands such as G&L (owned partly by Leo Fender), Suhr, and esspecially Anderson guitars. If you can't afford those, check out the Carvin Bolt-on series. I could assure you that if you buy a new fender you will be overpaying, and that you should go with a better guitar

Thanks, I went with the G and L Legacy, and don't regret it a bit!(nm)

: : I have been away from the guitar for many years and wnated to know which strat to buy. Also, I have had several people tell me that the fender strats are not up to par nowadays. I have always liked the strat sound, or at least what my old one sounded like in the 60's. So are they worth the money, as for as playability and sound? I have heard they are made in various parts of the world now. Someone please give me the rundown on all of this. I really do want the fender brand, for nostalgia reasons, but give me the hard, cold truth . Thanks Steve

: Well now strats are made anywhere from Mexico to Korea, but they still have American strats, which are the best. They just came out with the American Series, which is the new generation of Fender's. They still have American Standards that are an older generation, and they are going cheap these day's in the $600 range if you could find one. I reccomend that since you are an experienced player that you try to find the best you can. From your description you may have played some Pre-CBS strats, that are just to such a higher leval than the Fenders of today. I reccomend that you look at brands such as G&L (owned partly by Leo Fender), Suhr, and esspecially Anderson guitars. If you can't afford those, check out the Carvin Bolt-on series. I could assure you that if you buy a new fender you will be overpaying, and that you should go with a better guitar

Re: Which Strat?

: : I have been away from the guitar for many years and wnated to know which strat to buy. Also, I have had several people tell me that the fender strats are not up to par nowadays. I have always liked the strat sound, or at least what my old one sounded like in the 60's. So are they worth the money, as for as playability and sound? I have heard they are made in various parts of the world now. Someone please give me the rundown on all of this. I really do want the fender brand, for nostalgia reasons, but give me the hard, cold truth . Thanks Steve

: Well now strats are made anywhere from Mexico to Korea, but they still have American strats, which are the best. They just came out with the American Series, which is the new generation of Fender's. They still have American Standards that are an older generation, and they are going cheap these day's in the $600 range if you could find one. I reccomend that since you are an experienced player that you try to find the best you can. From your description you may have played some Pre-CBS strats, that are just to such a higher leval than the Fenders of today. I reccomend that you look at brands such as G&L (owned partly by Leo Fender), Suhr, and esspecially Anderson guitars. If you can't afford those, check out the Carvin Bolt-on series. I could assure you that if you buy a new fender you will be overpaying, and that you should go with a better guitar

Well my friend, I previously owned a '56 Strat,my friend has a 96ish Tex Mex (Ithink). Mine,I HATED,his I thought was OK. Another "Strat" player I know SWEARS by G&L. To me,I would wonder WHY Fender finds it necessary to produce SOOO many diff Strats. FYI, the BEST Tele I ever heard was made in Mexico. Through a ToneMaster. I SWORE I was listening to Hendrix. Go figure.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.