Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Which Strat?

: : I have been away from the guitar for many years and wnated to know which strat to buy. Also, I have had several people tell me that the fender strats are not up to par nowadays. I have always liked the strat sound, or at least what my old one sounded like in the 60's. So are they worth the money, as for as playability and sound? I have heard they are made in various parts of the world now. Someone please give me the rundown on all of this. I really do want the fender brand, for nostalgia reasons, but give me the hard, cold truth . Thanks Steve

: Well now strats are made anywhere from Mexico to Korea, but they still have American strats, which are the best. They just came out with the American Series, which is the new generation of Fender's. They still have American Standards that are an older generation, and they are going cheap these day's in the $600 range if you could find one. I reccomend that since you are an experienced player that you try to find the best you can. From your description you may have played some Pre-CBS strats, that are just to such a higher leval than the Fenders of today. I reccomend that you look at brands such as G&L (owned partly by Leo Fender), Suhr, and esspecially Anderson guitars. If you can't afford those, check out the Carvin Bolt-on series. I could assure you that if you buy a new fender you will be overpaying, and that you should go with a better guitar

I disagree with Ben I think that you should buy an american strat. I have one and they are wonderful. If you waknt you could buy a strat from the 60's or the 70's. If you liked the sound of the 60's or 70's strat alot I suggest that you buy one of thoes. but bottom like STRATS ARE AWESOME

Re: Which Strat?

I completely disagree w/Ben ..I currently own both a 1990 Am Std Tele and a 2000 Gibson ES-135 Limited Edition Archtop (black) Both are great guitars and I'll keep em both . But, the Tele is a much better bang for the buck ! I sold a 60's Reissued Stat (japanese) to buy the Gibson and I miss it alot ! I could get that srat to sound like my tele but not vice verse ..My next guitar will be a 2000 Am Std Strat .So buy a strat and be ready to get a great guitar at a reasonable price .Look at Musician's Friend or Music123 for a couple of good sites w/decent prices...Crispy I have been away from the guitar for many years and wnated to know which strat to buy. Also, I have had several people tell me that the fender strats are not up to par nowadays. I have always liked the strat sound, or at least what my old one sounded like in the 60's. So are they worth the money, as for as playability and sound? I have heard they are made in various parts of the world now. Someone please give me the rundown on all of this. I really do want the fender brand, for nostalgia reasons, but give me the hard, cold truth . Thanks Steve

Lanois Tribute Featuring MASTER Phil Keaggy!

If you're searching for the coolest Keaggy Release (with vocalist Cheryl Bliss), visit http://poeticwax.com , the project's website!

Phil appeared on our Summer release: THE UNBREAKABLE CHAIN - A Tribute to Daniel Lanois.

It's a truly masterful track that you must hear!

Thanks!

Alan Houser
Producer

Download free mp3

Look in to this page and listen to some free mp3....
http://johnredforsen.iuma.com
Its real good...al least i think so...

old guitars

i have an acustic guitar that has gretsch and syncromatic in pearl inlay.looks like it is hand written on the head. can't find any info on it.would like to know if it is really a gretsch guitar or what.

Re: old guitars

Gretsch made many Syncromatic models from the '30's through the '50's. Is it a flat top or an archtop?? What's the serial number??

: i have an acustic guitar that has gretsch and syncromatic in pearl inlay.looks like it is hand written on the head. can't find any info on it.would like to know if it is really a gretsch guitar or what.

Re: old guitars

: i have an epiphone em10 with jim beam label on it. It is an acustic guitar that i cant find any info on it can you please help me thanks.

advice

how long do i have to pracice guitare in a day?

Re: advice

: how long do i have to pracice guitare in a day?

How long you been playing?? How quick do you want to be a star?? You must practice, but you also must know when NOT to practice. If your heads not in it,like anything else,put it down. I DON'T mean ignore it for a week. Pick it up EVERYDAY. Once I got "good" if you will,I noticed that if I played LESS than 1 hour a day,I started loosing my chops.THAT'S ME! Sometimes I played 8 hrs a day. Regularly, 4 a day 7 days a week. 10 years. I was good enough to teach,BUT YOU NEVER heard of me did you?? A little insight...

fixing guitar strings

Yesterday while playing my guitar,(A Les Paul) one of my strings came away. The string is the one at the bottom (string A).It has not snapped,it has just come away from the guitar.
Is there any way I can fix it myself?If so how?
Why has it come away?
Finally,is it better to get it fixed professionally?If so how much will it cost?

Re: fixing guitar strings

It might be possible to reattach the string by rewinding it on the tuner

In standard tuning, the strings should be E,A,D,G,B & E. Regardless of whether it is a thick wound string or a thin string, for it to come loose means you "might" have overtuned(pitched too high) your guitar. You probably would do well to buy a new set of electric guitar strings (prices range from about $4 to $8, except for Elixir strings) from your local store. If you aren't sure how to restring your guitar, there are a number of guitar websites that can show you how or ask someone at the music store to string your guitar for you (you probably will have to pay a little extra) BUT ask them to show you how to do it in the future.

Since you sound like you are new at this, ask about getting a tuner for your guitar so you can tune it properly.

Good luck.

: Yesterday while playing my guitar,(A Les Paul) one of my strings came away. The string is the one at the bottom (string A).It has not snapped,it has just come away from the guitar.
: Is there any way I can fix it myself?If so how?
: Why has it come away?
: Finally,is it better to get it fixed professionally?If so how much will it cost?

: It might be possible to reattach the string by rewinding it on the tuner

: In standard tuning, the strings should be E,A,D,G,B & E. Regardless of whether it is a thick wound string or a thin string, for it to come loose means you "might" have overtuned(pitched too high) your guitar. You probably would do well to buy a new set of electric guitar strings (prices range from about $4 to $8, except for Elixir strings) from your local store. If you aren't sure how to restring your guitar, there are a number of guitar websites that can show you how or ask someone at the music store to string your guitar for you (you probably will have to pay a little extra) BUT ask them to show you how to do it in the future.

: Since you sound like you are new at this, ask about getting a tuner for your guitar so you can tune it properly.

: Good luck.

: : Yesterday while playing my guitar,(A Les Paul) one of my strings came away. The string is the one at the bottom (string A).It has not snapped,it has just come away from the guitar.
: : Is there any way I can fix it myself?If so how?
: : Why has it come away?
: : Finally,is it better to get it fixed professionally?If so how much will it cost?

: : It might be possible to reattach the string by rewinding it on the tuner

: : In standard tuning, the strings should be E,A,D,G,B & E. Regardless of whether it is a thick wound string or a thin string, for it to come loose means you "might" have overtuned(pitched too high) your guitar. You probably would do well to buy a new set of electric guitar strings (prices range from about $4 to $8, except for Elixir strings) from your local store. If you aren't sure how to restring your guitar, there are a number of guitar websites that can show you how or ask someone at the music store to string your guitar for you (you probably will have to pay a little extra) BUT ask them to show you how to do it in the future.

: : Since you sound like you are new at this, ask about getting a tuner for your guitar so you can tune it properly.

: : Good luck.

: : : Yesterday while playing my guitar,(A Les Paul) one of my strings came away. The string is the one at the bottom (string A).It has not snapped,it has just come away from the guitar.
: : : Is there any way I can fix it myself?If so how?
: : : Why has it come away?
: : : Finally,is it better to get it fixed professionally?If so how much will it cost?
Did MUM buy you the guitar?.A Les Paul is some guitar for a beginner who can't string up.
Jealousy aside,it's fairly straight forward once you have overcome the punctured fingers,eyeballs and other sensitive
parts of you anatomy.Bear with it,no self respecting Axeman would dream of asking their dealer to string up unless there was
a major problem with the Guitar.

Mark Chapman

I am not a friend of the executions, but in this case I am not persuaded that this man should be set free. He is a psichopath.

Re: Hello

All I want to say is Hello to all of the fellow guitarists out there who have the same interest as myself.
Wesley Helmers

Re: About The Guy Who Killed John Lennon

I think the guy should stay in prison for what he has done. If he kills somebody like that I feel also he should get the life sentence.

Mark D Chapman

I'm surprised this guy made it that far. If he ever gets out, which I hope not, I dont think he'll be so lucky...Lennon was a hero to many people, including yours truly. ;-|

Chapman Should Rot in Jail or Fry...

I dont think too highly of a man that could kill John Lennon. He had so many bad things happen to him in his life, i.e. His mothers death by the bus, his Pops, Alfred bailing on him and trying to make him choose between his Mom and him. His Uncle George's death who was the father figure. And Stuart Sutcliffe and the Brian Epstein. Mark D. Chapman he did the world a huge injustice and he needs to pay. The Beatles would have rejoined and we all would have had an opportunity to spend $300 a ticket and Chapman took that away from us. Burn Chapman Burn... May God have pity on your soul.

You come in against . . . this is my room. Back out! Back out!

WORD UP!!!

chapman release

chapman should stay. it was a senseless death. there are no words to describe it. no apologies to except. no compassion to be given freely. nothing to be said. the fact of the matter is that john lennon is not here and therefore cannot possibly have a say in chapman's release and for chapman to attempt to pray upon the legacy of lennon is beyond words, beyond thought, and beyond belief.

SPECIAL DEAL!!

IF anyone would like to buy a Gibson Signature series gutar pic of Buddy Guy, IM me or right me back with an email! just so you know you cant buy these in stores, they can only be given to u buy somebody, i got 1 at the BB King blues Festival, he handed it to me, so if anyone would like to buy it please IM ME SOON!!!!

Should Mark D Chapman go free?

Excuse my french but HELL NO!!! Rot in there.

Re: Should Mark D Chapman go free?

: Hang him

Re: Should Mark D Chapman go free?

I agree, that bastard killed a legend, if he wanted fame he got it now live with it.....

letting the killer of John Lennon be paroled...

NOT UNTIL HE CAN PLAY THE GUITAR AND WRITE SONGS LIKE LENNON. I'M SERIOUS! LET HIM LEARN TO PLAY AND WRITE BEFORE HE IS EVEN CONSIDERED FOR PAROLE! PERIOD!!!

Chapman's release

Ok, this is the story:
Firstly, what do John's family think of it all. As they are the closest thing to Lennon we will get now, I think there opinion should be heard.
Secondly, I heard Chapman say that his mental illness is now over - in other words he thinks he is safe to be let out. I agree. Let the bastard out!
The only downer would be that the person who gets to him first will surely spend the rest of their life in a cell for bringing Mark David Chapman to justice.
P.S. In fact when he is released bring him straight over to Liverpool - we'll have a lovely reception waiting for him.

Realease of Mark Chapmann

I would like to differ very strongly from "hihness (from sydnc01.bigpond.com). If Mark Chapmann gave his life to God, then God has vorgiven him, who are you, we not to forgive. It is a pitty that he killed John Lennon, but if Mark did not kill him, Lennon would properbly be killed in a car crash. Unfortunatly we all only live so long. Please het of you high horse, your highness, if it was not Lennon that was killed thgen nobody would worry if he was released or not.
Give the man a chance, after all 20 years ius a long time, it is time to forgive and forget.

Re: Release of Mark Chapman (I Don't Think So)

Excuse me while I disagree with your disagreeing with
'hihness'.

Yeah, yeah, turn the other cheek and forgiveness stuff sounds great but the truth of the matter is that Yoko very much fears for her life (deservedly so) as well as her two sons, Julian and Sean if Chapman was paroled. The parole board made an excellent decision today. Just glad you aren't on it yourself to release him...sorry. If Chapman is truly remorseful, then perhaps he can take his new found religion and be of service to the Lord right there in prison. Remember the apostle Paul and what he did while in prison?

In case you missed this item from last year, a serious attempt was made on George Harrison's life in his own home and he was seriously injured. Fact is, there are nuts all over the world willing to do unbelieveable things (at least to most of us) to achieve fame. As far as I am concerned, the nuts(like Chapman) we have already locked up need to stay right where they are. Chapman doesn't deserve another chance at fame.

: I would like to differ very strongly from "hihness (from sydnc01.bigpond.com). If Mark Chapmann gave his life to God, then God has vorgiven him, who are you, we not to forgive. It is a pitty that he killed John Lennon, but if Mark did not kill him, Lennon would properbly be killed in a car crash. Unfortunatly we all only live so long. Please het of you high horse, your highness, if it was not Lennon that was killed thgen nobody would worry if he was released or not.
: Give the man a chance, after all 20 years ius a long time, it is time to forgive and forget.

Point taken.

Someone who thinks he's the character of the cather in the rye and then thinks he's john lennon himself is definitely not sane and we all know john lennon would not die of age. it's just a fact to me, all brilliant musicians die 'young'. (elvis, jim morrison, freddie mercury, kurt cobain, jimi hendrix, and so on) this is what I call destiny.

Roy Orbison Guitar

Roy Orbison Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Roy Orbison Guitar

Iron Maiden Fender Series?

I saw Maiden has a Signature Series but can't find anything about this series. Is this true? Don't point me to Fender.com, it has nothing about Maiden. Thanks for any help.

Re: Iron Maiden Fender Series?

Take a look at this
http://www.jam.se/fendbass.html

Release of Mark D. Chapman

I say let the rat out of his hole, I'll take care of him!!

epiphone special wiring diagrams

i have to play a gig in a week and i really need wiring diagrams for an epiphone special or i'm screwed please help thanks.

Martin japanese copy

Martin japanese copy

This popular thread has been given its own page : Martin japanese copy

amps and cabs

I am searching for an amplifier. I have the philosophy, "less is more", when it comes to amps. I only need one channel because my pedals provid all of the tone I need, therefore I'd like an amplifier with superb clean tone. Are the Fender Twin Reverb reissues any good? I know they are famouse for their glassy clean tone, but how would it sound with a distortion pedal? Are there any other amps that would fit what I'm looking for? Forget about Marshall, quite frankly, Marshall dissapoints me considering their popularity. Forget about Mesa too, I don't use gain on my amp too much (I've found that my pedals do a better job of giving me crunch!!)plus I don't want to pay for all of those options I'll never use. I'd rather pay for one kick ass tone than a bunch of tones I'll never use. I have a Fender Blues deville that has nice clean tone, but I don't like the speakers. Info on any cabinets and speakers would be great to. Thanks for any insight. Zakk Wylde Rules!

Re: amps and cabs

: I am searching for an amplifier. I have the philosophy, "less is more", when it comes to amps. I only need one channel because my pedals provid all of the tone I need, therefore I'd like an amplifier with superb clean tone. Are the Fender Twin Reverb reissues any good? I know they are famouse for their glassy clean tone, but how would it sound with a distortion pedal? Are there any other amps that would fit what I'm looking for? Forget about Marshall, quite frankly, Marshall dissapoints me considering their popularity. Forget about Mesa too, I don't use gain on my amp too much (I've found that my pedals do a better job of giving me crunch!!)plus I don't want to pay for all of those options I'll never use. I'd rather pay for one kick ass tone than a bunch of tones I'll never use. I have a Fender Blues deville that has nice clean tone, but I don't like the speakers. Info on any cabinets and speakers would be great to. Thanks for any insight. Zakk Wylde Rules!
I know from whense ye came. As a "Twin" user from way back,my suggestion is :Fargen Amplification. A custom builder in Calif,that,KNOWS his stuff,will make you anything you want,BUT will tell you if it won't work,(a plus),and won't charge you an arm and a guitar finger. I always liked Twins,(pre CBS). Read the reviews on his stuff. His web page is: fargenamps.homestead.com Ben will talk w/you ALL you want. HE wants YOU to be happy. Great kid!

: : I am searching for an amplifier. I have the philosophy, "less is more", when it comes to amps. I only need one channel because my pedals provid all of the tone I need, therefore I'd like an amplifier with superb clean tone. Are the Fender Twin Reverb reissues any good? I know they are famouse for their glassy clean tone, but how would it sound with a distortion pedal? Are there any other amps that would fit what I'm looking for? Forget about Marshall, quite frankly, Marshall dissapoints me considering their popularity. Forget about Mesa too, I don't use gain on my amp too much (I've found that my pedals do a better job of giving me crunch!!)plus I don't want to pay for all of those options I'll never use. I'd rather pay for one kick ass tone than a bunch of tones I'll never use. I have a Fender Blues deville that has nice clean tone, but I don't like the speakers. Info on any cabinets and speakers would be great to. Thanks for any insight. Zakk Wylde Rules!
: I know from whense ye came. As a "Twin" user from way back,my suggestion is :Fargen Amplification. A custom builder in Calif,that,KNOWS his stuff,will make you anything you want,BUT will tell you if it won't work,(a plus),and won't charge you an arm and a guitar finger. I always liked Twins,(pre CBS). Read the reviews on his stuff. His web page is: fargenamps.homestead.com Ben will talk w/you ALL you want. HE wants YOU to be happy. Great kid!

Thanks for the tip ED!

I picked-up a Fender Satellite amp to go w/the Tweed Blues Deluxe (I've had for several yrs) and it's enhanced the Deluxe considerably ..I like the clean Fender tone but the Satellite has added a new dimension to my rig .....I may still replace the Tweed speakers but am happy for now ...you know how it is ..never an amp/ guitar I couldn't use ! keep on truckin .....Crispy and keeps me lookin for the right I am searching for an amplifier. I have the philosophy, "less is more", when it comes to amps. I only need one channel because my pedals provid all of the tone I need, therefore I'd like an amplifier with superb clean tone. Are the Fender Twin Reverb reissues any good? I know they are famouse for their glassy clean tone, but how would it sound with a distortion pedal? Are there any other amps that would fit what I'm looking for? Forget about Marshall, quite frankly, Marshall dissapoints me considering their popularity. Forget about Mesa too, I don't use gain on my amp too much (I've found that my pedals do a better job of giving me crunch!!)plus I don't want to pay for all of those options I'll never use. I'd rather pay for one kick ass tone than a bunch of tones I'll never use. I have a Fender Blues deville that has nice clean tone, but I don't like the speakers. Info on any cabinets and speakers would be great to. Thanks for any insight. Zakk Wylde Rules!

Need information on the Washburn Chicago Series CS-740 Guitar

A little time ago I found an interesting guitar at a local store, it is a Washburn Chicago Series CS-740.

Does anyone know more about this guitar? Is it a good one? I couldn't find information on the net. Seems to be some kind of special edition. Thanks.

Anyone here right now?

anyone here right now?

Distortion Wiring

Does anyone know of any sites that will give me information on how to make distortion pedals????
Thanks,
Tim

Distortion Wiring

Does anyone know of any sites that will give me information on how to make distortion pedals????
Thanks,
Tim

Re: Distortion Wiring

I don't know any sites but you should look in an electronics store which sells books. I think you can find something there

Spanish Romance mp3: Performed by Jamey Andreas

Jamey Andreas currently has an mp3 of a track off of
his CD, called "Spanish Romance." Spanish Romance is a
standard in any classical guitarist's repertoire. It
is based on a Spanish folksong, and has a haunting
melody. It is one of the simpler pieces on his CD, but
nonetheless it is an enjoyable piece of music.
To hear "Spanish Romance," visit:
http://www.guitarprinciples.com/mp3/SpanRom.htm

Re: Spanish Romance mp3: Performed by Jamey Andreas

: Jamey Andreas currently has an mp3 of a track off of
: his CD, called "Spanish Romance." Spanish Romance is a
: standard in any classical guitarist's repertoire. It
: is based on a Spanish folksong, and has a haunting
: melody. It is one of the simpler pieces on his CD, but
: nonetheless it is an enjoyable piece of music.
: To hear "Spanish Romance," visit:
: http://www.guitarprinciples.com/mp3/SpanRom.htm

tesekkur

CHAPMANS RELEASE

If he gets let out,then my bet is that he will kill Paul,and anyway,he should get life for theft,
He stole Lennon ,He stole a dream,He stole music,He is a theif and a cold blooded murderer ,who by which in anycase of his release will probably reap what he sowed on that day in 1980,If he has changed ,he can change behind bars ,and I think he doesn't deserve to walk the streets free ever ever again,any chance of the beatles getting back together is no longer because of mark chapman,we will never look apon john lennon's like again,and so too ,we should never look apon mark chapmans like again,.'Forgive and forget'what?how can we forget john lennon,his music lives on forever ,we can never forget him and we will never forget what happened,therefor we should never forget that the man who took his life can never repay or give back anything to reconcile the life of john lennon,he should be behind bars as long as his murdering body lives.How can someone murder someone so precious and beutifull as the man of john lennon?there can be no answer that will bring john back ,there should be no answer to letting him out of jail ,lennon could still be alive today writing more songs,20 years isn't enough to convince me that mark can repay johns future music art that could still be being created now and today if this killer hadn't of murdered him!!It wasn't right to kill him and it is not right to release his killer.Remember Johns genius remember there should be nothing to kill or die for
Mark Chapman wasn't executed but at least at least he can be locked up for the remainder of his life!
I could not bear the thought listening to a lennon song knowing that the man who killed him is walking around being a free man ,it's just not fair and he lives while john is dead forever,I dont want anyone responding to this message saying that he has paid 20 years to give back his freedom for killing somebody,
20 years isn't even half of what lennon could have lived if he hadn't have been killed in cold blood!!!!!!!!if lennon could still be alive today
Chapman should still be locked away!
From A hurt fan of john lennon,
I lost a friend that I never knew when john died.
From Ben.

Re: CHAPMANS RELEASE see CIA

: If he gets let out,then my bet is that he will kill Paul,and anyway,he should get life for theft,
: He stole Lennon ,He stole a dream,He stole music,He is a theif and a cold blooded murderer ,who by which in anycase of his release will probably reap what he sowed on that day in 1980,If he has changed ,he can change behind bars ,and I think he doesn't deserve to walk the streets free ever ever again,any chance of the beatles getting back together is no longer because of mark chapman,we will never look apon john lennon's like again,and so too ,we should never look apon mark chapmans like again,.'Forgive and forget'what?how can we forget john lennon,his music lives on forever ,we can never forget him and we will never forget what happened,therefor we should never forget that the man who took his life can never repay or give back anything to reconcile the life of john lennon,he should be behind bars as long as his murdering body lives.How can someone murder someone so precious and beutifull as the man of john lennon?there can be no answer that will bring john back ,there should be no answer to letting him out of jail ,lennon could still be alive today writing more songs,20 years isn't enough to convince me that mark can repay johns future music art that could still be being created now and today if this killer hadn't of murdered him!!It wasn't right to kill him and it is not right to release his killer.Remember Johns genius remember there should be nothing to kill or die for
: Mark Chapman wasn't executed but at least at least he can be locked up for the remainder of his life!
: I could not bear the thought listening to a lennon song knowing that the man who killed him is walking around being a free man ,it's just not fair and he lives while john is dead forever,I dont want anyone responding to this message saying that he has paid 20 years to give back his freedom for killing somebody,
: 20 years isn't even half of what lennon could have lived if he hadn't have been killed in cold blood!!!!!!!!if lennon could still be alive today
: Chapman should still be locked away!
: From A hurt fan of john lennon,
: I lost a friend that I never knew when john died.
: From Ben.

Chapman was the same as the other PATSYS who had been used to eliminate threats to the status quo. He was used by the CIA either through hypnotism or coertion to perform a little job for them.
John was about to enter public life again and he was a threat to the powers that be.
He spoke the truth about the dirty deeds performed by governments and was a very powerful person because a whole generation loved and respected him and listened to what he had to say.
WE the baby boomer generation are one of the largest groups of human beings who question what we are told. With John Lennon at the helm of our ship we could have been a very powerful force indeed.

nuts on the internet

: : If he gets let out,then my bet is that he will kill Paul,and anyway,he should get life for theft,
: : He stole Lennon ,He stole a dream,He stole music,He is a theif and a cold blooded murderer ,who by which in anycase of his release will probably reap what he sowed on that day in 1980,If he has changed ,he can change behind bars ,and I think he doesn't deserve to walk the streets free ever ever again,any chance of the beatles getting back together is no longer because of mark chapman,we will never look apon john lennon's like again,and so too ,we should never look apon mark chapmans like again,.'Forgive and forget'what?how can we forget john lennon,his music lives on forever ,we can never forget him and we will never forget what happened,therefor we should never forget that the man who took his life can never repay or give back anything to reconcile the life of john lennon,he should be behind bars as long as his murdering body lives.How can someone murder someone so precious and beutifull as the man of john lennon?there can be no answer that will bring john back ,there should be no answer to letting him out of jail ,lennon could still be alive today writing more songs,20 years isn't enough to convince me that mark can repay johns future music art that could still be being created now and today if this killer hadn't of murdered him!!It wasn't right to kill him and it is not right to release his killer.Remember Johns genius remember there should be nothing to kill or die for
: : Mark Chapman wasn't executed but at least at least he can be locked up for the remainder of his life!
: : I could not bear the thought listening to a lennon song knowing that the man who killed him is walking around being a free man ,it's just not fair and he lives while john is dead forever,I dont want anyone responding to this message saying that he has paid 20 years to give back his freedom for killing somebody,
: : 20 years isn't even half of what lennon could have lived if he hadn't have been killed in cold blood!!!!!!!!if lennon could still be alive today
: : Chapman should still be locked away!
: : From A hurt fan of john lennon,
: : I lost a friend that I never knew when john died.
: : From Ben.

: Chapman was the same as the other PATSYS who had been used to eliminate threats to the status quo. He was used by the CIA either through hypnotism or coertion to perform a little job for them.
: John was about to enter public life again and he was a threat to the powers that be.
: He spoke the truth about the dirty deeds performed by governments and was a very powerful person because a whole generation loved and respected him and listened to what he had to say.
: WE the baby boomer generation are one of the largest groups of human beings who question what we are told. With John Lennon at the helm of our ship we could have been a very powerful force indeed.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.