Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Carvin Guitars

: Does anybody here own or have an opinion about Carvin DC127 guitars? I'm in the market and I'm really considering a Carvin.

: Thanks! carvin guitars suck!! bought a tl60t--the 1st time i changed strings, one of the tuners broke. pick-up magnets started corroding after a month. finish started checking after 2 months. it fell over once and the neck totaly tweaked out--could never get it to play right again. needless to say--but i will--don't have that guitar anymore, will never buy another one--you get what ya pay for!!!

TABLATURAS

TABLATURAS

This popular thread has been given its own page : TABLATURAS

what is angus' young's rig

?

Re: what is angus' young's rig

: ?

I believe it is a Gibson SG and LOTS of Marshalls. Live he probably has a few gates and tricks because of the extreme volume.

:
: : ?

: I believe it is a Gibson SG and LOTS of Marshalls. Live he probably has a few gates and tricks because of the extreme volume.

: :
: : : ?

:
: : I believe it is a Gibson SG and LOTS of Marshalls. Live he probably has a few gates and tricks because of the extreme volume.

:: it depends on the album and show. mainly his 1968 SG standard or his '64 (his two main guitars). 100 watt marshalls on stage, 100/50 watt marshalls in the studio. NO EFFECTS. pure, raw, gut-busting scottish power...

: :
: : : ?

: Yeah im positive that he uses a Gibson SG Standard, and a JR SG. now he uses his signature SG which has a whammy bar and his signature Gibson Pickups

ok..you are all dumbfucks...when somone asks what a dude's rig is you dont give the brand amp, and just say he plays a guitar that you have seen him play...you give the amp model, and effects, tuners ect...or you say "not sure". marshall tells me nothing. How many models of marshall are there? fuck that

Guitars:
Gibson SGs. He'll use the Standard, '61 Reissue and Customs. He has worked with Gibson to make a Signature SG. I don't think he plays these models much, however. Every once in a while you can see him playing a Gibson ES-335.

Amps:
Marshall Vintage. He owns and uses many Marshall amps. For the studio he'll use a Marshall JTM-45. For live performances Angus will use four Marshall 1959SLPs. He plugs into the top left input, (high treble, full power.)

Hope that helps.

Angus has an Gibson Sg 61' reissue or standard through a marshall 100 watt head and four full stacks.
his brother has the same thing.
Angus young Rocks!

is it true a fan was killed at a gig?

???

Re: is it true a fan was killed at a gig?

: ???

what gig?

Re: is it true a fan was killed at a gig?

: : ???

: Yeah I heard that it is true. It was when Brian Jhonson was in the band and I heard that 3 fans got trampled to death.

what should a get?

should i go with a washburn or an epiphone as a 1st, which has a rep of holding up the longest. i'm not going in the spot light for a while, is it worth it to get an aco/ele model or just go with the acoustic. hmmm, such fun decisions are so stressful! thanks...a

Re: what should a get?

: should i go with a washburn or an epiphone as a 1st, which has a rep of holding up the longest. i'm not going in the spot light for a while, is it worth it to get an aco/ele model or just go with the acoustic. hmmm, such fun decisions are so stressful! thanks...a

Hi Amanda. You should buy the absolute best that you can afford. It will last you the longest. Do you know how to play already and do you have a type of music in mind to play? Let me know and I will try to give some good advice. If not good luck.

:
: Hi Amanda. You should buy the absolute best that you can afford. It will last you the longest. Do you know how to play already and do you have a type of music in mind to play? Let me know and I will try to give some good advice. If not good luck.

thanks for the reply guys... ummm, i would call myself a beginner, but sometimes i go hard on myself. i'm open to a lot of prices, but nothing really expensive. oh, another thing, i have really small hands...that's why i'm in the business for a guitar that fits me well. as for the type of music i like playing, anything but country--no offence. thanks again, amanda

: should i go with a washburn or an epiphone as a 1st, which has a rep of holding up the longest. i'm not going in the spot light for a while, is it worth it to get an aco/ele model or just go with the acoustic. hmmm, such fun decisions are so stressful! thanks...a

: : should i go with a washburn or an epiphone as a 1st, which has a rep of holding up the longest. i'm not going in the spot light for a while, is it worth it to get an aco/ele model or just go with the acoustic. hmmm, such fun decisions are so stressful! thanks...a

if i were you iwould go with the epiphone,their more durable......(they take a pounding)and depending on the model their less expensive,electro/acc,if you want to plug it in you can....if it's not you can't!!........gary

Have you looked at the Yamaha's? Personally, I am not a fan of either of the other two choices. My first guitar was a Yamaha FS310. I got it about 14 years ago and it still is in good shape and sounds good.

tabs???

acdc tab ??? where?

Re: tabs???

: acdc tab ??? where?

Try OLGA archives and links. Type OLGA in your search engine. Good luck.

Re: tabs???

Try www.guitarnotes.com/tabs

Santo and Johnny's Sleep Walk

Please drop by and visit SLEEP WALK - A Tribute to Santo and Johnny at: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Nook/5534
It is an official fansite.

Re: Santo and Johnny's Sleep Walk

just checking out!

Value?

I have a Glenn Campbell Ovation 12 string.
At least 20 years old. Whats the approx value?

Christmass music

Does any one know where I can find tabs or even sheet music for Christmas carols.
Tks

Re: Christmass music

Try this.....

http://www.guitarnotes.com/tabs/tabsearch.cgi?tab=on&pro=on&crd=on&btab=on&query=+CHRISTMAS+SONGS

o come o come emanuel

: Does any one know where I can find tabs or even sheet music for Christmas carols.
: Tks

Guitar kit

Guitar kit

This popular thread has been given its own page : Guitar kit

Win a FREE PreSonus DigiMax

You can win a FREE PreSonus DigiMax mic preamp in the
competition at <a href="http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/comps/">http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/comps/</a>3

Jason.

FREE - Musicians Available & Musicians Wanted

We have a great service for finding musicians for your band
or a band for you to join at <a href="http://www.MusiciansAvaialble.com/">www.MusiciansAvaialble.com</a>

There are thousands of bands and musicians from most cities
around the world already available in the database.

Jason.

The correct address: www.MusiciansAvailable.com

The correct address is <a href="http://www.MusiciansAvailable.com/">http://www.MusiciansAvailable.com</a>

Re: FREE - Musicians Available & Musicians Wanted

: We have a great service for finding musicians for your band
: or a band for you to join at <a href="http://www.MusiciansAvaialble.com/">www.MusiciansAvaialble.com</a>

: There are thousands of bands and musicians from most cities
: around the world already available in the database.

: Jason.

We are looking for a guitar player for our Twin Cities based cover band called Decade. We are an established working act covering songs from the 70's to the present with strong emphasis on the 80's rockers!! Keyboards and vocals a plus. Decade is made up of seven members of which 5 sing leads. Go to Music Works for band photo and bio or reply to decade1@hotmail.com Thank you for your time!!!!!

Re: FREE - Musicians Available & Musicians Wanted

: or a band for you to join at <a href="http://www.MusiciansAvaialble.com/">www.MusiciansAvaialble.com</a>

Touring /Nashville Recording artist looking for guitarist/Steel/Fiddle/keys

Touring/Nashville Recording Artist seeks players

Touring /Nashville Recording artist looking for guitarist/Steel/Fiddle/keys

Touring/Nashville Recording Artist seeks players

Daion guitars

Daion guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Daion guitars

What was Andy Summer's rig

Does anyone know what Andy Summer's rig was during his Police days, especially the effect pedals he used.

Re: (Anyone got 'The Guitar Handbook' - Ralph Denyer)?

: Does anyone know what Andy Summer's rig was during his Police days, especially the effect pedals he used.

Years ago I had a copy of a book called the 'Guitar Handbook' by Ralph Denyer - it had a few pages about Andy Summers, including a picture of him with a battered telecaster and an array of rack mounted effects. Anyone who has this book will be able to answer your question. If you see it around its definitely worth buying.

Also, I download a POD setting for Syncronycity that used the 'POD Clean' setting (Roland JC-120 combo) with flange, delay and reverb - though I doubt whether this is anything to go by.

iv'e got the GTR handbook by RalphDenyr

: : Does anyone know what Andy Summer's rig was during his Police days, especially the effect pedals he used.

: Years ago I had a copy of a book called the 'Guitar Handbook' by Ralph Denyer - it had a few pages about Andy Summers, including a picture of him with a battered telecaster and an array of rack mounted effects. Anyone who has this book will be able to answer your question. If you see it around its definitely worth buying.

: Also, I download a POD setting for Syncronycity that used the 'POD Clean' setting (Roland JC-120 combo) with flange, delay and reverb - though I doubt whether this is anything to go by.

iv'e got the GTR handbook by Ralph D.

ive got The guitar handbook
i was going to type the article but your date is pretty
old
So if your interested e-mail me

set up for Andy summers = ??

"a guitarist for all seasons"
also no pictures of summers playing a battered telecaster that i could find ??
only ones of P townsend ,K richards and J beck ??

iv'e got the GTR handbook by Ralph D.

ive got The guitar handbook
i was going to type the article but your date is pretty
old
So if your interested e-mail me

set up for Andy summers = ??

"a guitarist for all season
there apears to be no pictures of summers playing a battered telecaster that i could find ??
only ones of P townsend ,K richards and J beck ??

Andy Summer's rig

: I have a copy of the guitar bandbook 1982 issue. The picture of Andy includes the tele but no rig. I do have spome info on sumised set ups for some police songs, which songs are you interested in ?

Steve Hackett tabs

Does anyone know where to find any Steve
Hackett solo acoustic work tabs.

Re: Steve Hackett tabs

: Does anyone know where to find any Steve
: Hackett solo acoustic work tabs.

: : Does anyone know where to find any Steve
: : Hackett solo acoustic work tabs.

Please, send to my mail adress tabs of steve hachett.
Very much, thanks!!!!!

: Does anyone know where to find any Steve
: Hackett solo acoustic work tabs.

I would like to get chords of "The Hermit# and "Star of Sirius"
Thanks a lot

amps

i have a fender bassman, and i paly in a band i like the sound of it but when the drummer starts drumming i cant hear and when i crank it up i don't like the sound will this be sorted going into a pa system or what would you suggest please help me

Re: amps

: i have a fender bassman, and i paly in a band i like the sound of it but when the drummer starts drumming i cant hear and when i crank it up i don't like the sound will this be sorted going into a pa system or what would you suggest please help me

Which Bassman??? If you have enough power,but don't like the sound at hi volume,get more spkrs. Sounds like you want a clean tone. Might want to try a Fender Twin.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.