Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

chapman will suffer if he is let out of his safe jail.

If he is let out then I will find him,I dont care where or how long ,he will suffer worse than if he had lived the rest of his life in jail!
I will make him suffer for a long time ,
I will poo in his mouth untill he nearly drowns
I will skin him alive and dip him in his and my piss,
I will burn him slowly as I bury him alive except for his head in a cest of ants nestto be eaten alive,spiders will lay eggs in his mouth I swear it.
From steve

chapman will suffer if he is let out of his safe jail.

If he is let out then I will find him,I dont care where or how long ,he will suffer worse than if he had lived the rest of his life in jail!
I will make him suffer for a long time ,
I will poo in his mouth untill he nearly drowns
I will skin him alive and dip him in his and my piss,
I will burn him slowly as I bury him alive except for his head in a cest of ants nestto be eaten alive,spiders will lay eggs in his mouth I swear it.
From steve

Re: chapman will suffer if he is let out of his safe jail.

: If he is let out then I will find him,I dont care where or how long ,he will suffer worse than if he had lived the rest of his life in jail!
: I will make him suffer for a long time ,
: I will poo in his mouth untill he nearly drowns
: I will skin him alive and dip him in his and my piss,
: I will burn him slowly as I bury him alive except for his head in a cest of ants nestto be eaten alive,spiders will lay eggs in his mouth I swear it.
: From steve

Don't let his karma screw up yours!

Rockman sustainer and stereo chorus/delay

I have had these stored away for a while and see that there are inputs for 3 footswitches on each effects unit.
Can anyone advise if the switches should be mono or stereo plugged.

midi swithing for amps

can anyone tell me what is the best way to switch an older amp: Boogie mkII with a midi foot switch.. via something like the Rockman Octopus... if so, how hard is it to get one and were abouts ... who will send overseas ????

jedson

a friend had a jedson with a hard case and asked if i could get a valuation,if i were to get the ident number would it be possible to value it for me.thank you n.somerford(i have a d`armond 75i/apx4a)

guitar

PLIEASE ! PLAGINS FOR GUITAR IN CUBASE VST SOFTWARE

tuning machines

Which do most rock guitarists use, deluxe gotoh tuners or locking sperzel? I'm building my own esp guitar and I need to know which ones will look better AND keep my guitar in tune. THANKS.

Re: tuning machines

The greatest guitarist who ever lived, Eddie Van Halen, uses Gotoh tuners on his axes. Can anybody out there tell me how to find locking tuners and locking trem systems. I'm desperate!!!

Crossroads

I was wondering if anyone out there knows the song that the young music prodgidgy played to beat the devil in the 1986 movie called crossroads. thanx

Re: Crossroads

: I was wondering if anyone out there knows the song that the young music prodgidgy played to beat the devil in the 1986 movie called crossroads. thanx

"Eugene's trickbag" and Steve Vai actually played it.
He had to kick his own butt.

: "Eugene's trickbag" and Steve Vai actually played it.
: He had to kick his own butt.

Ha HA!
That's great!
The best part of the whole movie is Vai slithering around playing kick-ass stuff.
And he had to kick his own butt. LOL!

Yeah, it is called "Eugene's Trick Bag", but I think the classical (ie really fast arpeggiated bit) comes from a Paganinni violin caprice. Dunno, could be talking out of my butt..........
very difficult to play, by the way!

BUT,is it recorded anywhere? I purchased the cd soundtrack for the movie but Eugenes Trick Bag wasn't on it....That is one real "nasty" piece of music...

I don't believe its recorded, but it WAS transcribed into tablature in the first issue of Guitar School back in the mid-80s. It had Vai on the cover, so if you can find a back issue, good luck.

: I don't believe its recorded, but it WAS transcribed into tablature in the first issue of Guitar School back in the mid-80s. It had Vai on the cover, so if you can find a back issue, good luck.
>>>>>>>Corey is right. It was in the first issue of Guitar School. I have it.

: BUT,is it recorded anywhere? I purchased the cd soundtrack for the movie but Eugenes Trick Bag wasn't on it....That is one real "nasty" piece of music...

I'm not aware of a recording but it was transcribed in a quitar mag
within the last year...not in the mid 80's as previously mentioned (that was 'For the love of God'.

email me and I would be happy to send it to you.

i have a recording (mp3) of the guitar duel from crossroads. i would gladly swap a copy of it for a copy of the arpeggio ending tablature or sheet music

: BUT,is it recorded anywhere? I purchased the cd soundtrack for the movie but Eugenes Trick Bag wasn't on it....That is one real "nasty" piece of music...

My son plays this so I checked with him. It is loosely based on Paganini's 5th Caprice. A recording is available on a Steve Vai boxed set. Good Luck!

: : BUT,is it recorded anywhere? I purchased the cd soundtrack for the movie but Eugenes Trick Bag wasn't on it....That is one real "nasty" piece of music...

: My son plays this so I checked with him. It is loosely based on Paganini's 5th Caprice. A recording is available on a Steve Vai boxed set. Good Luck!

I've learned some Paganini pieces on the guitar and I
would suggest listening to violin recordings of the
24 Caprices to get a feel for Paganini's genius - and
also read something about him; if you think guitar players like Vai and Malmsteen are frightening Paganini
will blow you away with his (reported) passion and technique. The 5th Caprice is one of the easiest to play...

Fatty Arbuckle

the reason y its not on there is because the other gutarist on the sound track (cnt remeber his name, slide player tho) had a bit of a disagreemnt and all vais work was removed from the soundtrack which is an arse.
I have a copy but only from a TG cd which i doubt is exactly the same !

well, here's my answer, as far as i know(and being a HUGE fan of the Vai-master hisself), no, but i could be wrong. I searched high and low for tab for it, and finally scored some, but i could only remember bits and pieces of the audio in the movie, and couldnt master the whole thing (probably about 5 years ago)
that all changed and i was able to record the passage that Gene plays thru my cassette player thru my stereo system, not the best way, but it works and you can hear it pretty good. None-the-less, it helped tremendously. but..... i find this piece VERY challenging, but that's just me. Very rewarding too. anyway, my point here is, since somebody else wants it, and i have it, i guess it would only be proper to post my e-mail address, upload it, and send it out in e-mail. it's not cd quality, but hey, it's the best i can do. if i can find the person with the tab, when i get a scanner (hopefully soon), i can get that up too. email me if you want it Sleepwalkxx1@aol.com.
P.S. This piece should come with a SURGEON GENERAL WARNING. LOL. LATER BRO'S AND SISTERS. ROCK ON. fireeyes(sleepwalkxx1)

i have a copy of it ......write me

: Yeah, it is called "Eugene's Trick Bag", but I think the classical (ie really fast arpeggiated bit) comes from a Paganinni violin caprice. Dunno, could be talking out of my butt..........

It borrows from paganinni's 5th Caprice.

: I was wondering if anyone out there knows the song that the young music prodgidgy played to beat the devil in the 1986 movie called crossroads. thanx

The young prodigy in the movie was Ralph Machio from Karate Kid Fame and most of the licks he played in the movie were done by Ry Cooder, a fantastic blues slide guitarist. If you haven't put an ear to Ry, pick up one of his early albums, probably one of the best slide guitar players ever.

yeah the name of the song at the end is named eugenes trick bag and steve vai plays it so basically its steve vai versus steve vai but anyway there you have it

: yeah the name of the song at the end is named eugenes trick bag and steve vai plays it so basically its steve vai versus steve vai but anyway there you have it

no its steve vai versus stevie ray vaughen so there you have that

Re: Crossroads tabs

: : I was wondering if anyone out there knows the song that the young music prodgidgy played to beat the devil in the 1986 movie called crossroads. thanx

: The young prodigy in the movie was Ralph Machio from Karate Kid Fame and most of the licks he played in the movie were done by Ry Cooder, a fantastic blues slide guitarist. If you haven't put an ear to Ry, pick up one of his early albums, probably one of the best slide guitar players ever.

i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get the tab for feelin bad blues from the movie crossroads i think it is also played by ry cooder i cant find it anywhere please help...

: : : I was wondering if anyone out there knows the song that the young music prodgidgy played to beat the devil in the 1986 movie called crossroads. thanx

: : The young prodigy in the movie was Ralph Machio from Karate Kid Fame and most of the licks he played in the movie were done by Ry Cooder, a fantastic blues slide guitarist. If you haven't put an ear to Ry, pick up one of his early albums, probably one of the best slide guitar players ever.

: i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get the tab for feelin bad blues from the movie crossroads i think it is also played by ry cooder i cant find it anywhere please help...

im not sure what the name of the song is, but in the movie "Lightning Boy"'s teacher at juliart says that the piece is Beethoven....i dont know if that would be much help considering how many pieces Beethoven made, but it may narrow down your search.

There are two or three different tabs of steve vai's "Eugene's trick bag" at www.harmonycentral.com, go to tablature, then go to "V" for various soundtrack then find crossroads in the movies listed, the only song is "Eugene's trick bag." which is the song he uses to beat steve vai in crossroads.

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get the tabs for the whole scene with steve vai starting as soon as he accepts the devils offer in crossroads, i know most of it i just want to sharpen my edges.

In reply to your question about the piece, you would have to know an extensive history of the solo virtouso, violinist Nicolo Paganini. He wrote 24 Caprices for mus cians who dared to learn them because of their technical difficulty, in that sense, Nicolo was very greedy with his teachings that he only played the 24 caprices in his own solitude, leaving a mystery behind their achivements. Those who dared to play those pieces had to be extremely gifted muscians. The piece in the matter is the Number FIVE of his Caprices for solo violin. Your's truly, a muscian!!!!

In reply to your question about the piece, you would have to know an extensive history of the solo virtouso, violinist Nicolo Paganini. He wrote 24 Caprices for mus cians who dared to learn them because of their technical difficulty, in that sense, Nicolo was very greedy with his teachings that he only played the 24 caprices in his own solitude, leaving a mystery behind their achivements. Those who dared to play those pieces had to be extremely gifted muscians. The piece in the matter is the Number FIVE of his Caprices for solo violin. Your's truly, a muscian!!!!

The name of the cut is called Eugenes Bag of Tricks. There is a TAB of this on a Guitar World
Issue with Joe Perry on the Cover of It. Give me a AOL address and I will send it to you. Keep
Practicing.. PEACE

hi there, i could need the TAB, too.
email: TexasFlooder@aol.com
thanks a lot man !!

It is called "Eugenes bag of tricks", quiet a good piece to learn. Steve Vai and Ry Cooder played it. I have all the tab and the sound page recording (the tear out record that came with the magazine) from guitar player or guitar world still in my possession. I may be able to help out if needed.

: : I was wondering if anyone out there knows the song that the young music prodgidgy played to beat the devil in the 1986 movie called crossroads. thanx

: It is called "Eugenes bag of tricks", quiet a good piece to learn. Steve Vai and Ry Cooder played it. I have all the tab and the sound page recording (the tear out record that came with the magazine) from guitar player or guitar world still in my possession. I may be able to help out if needed.

BTW, a couple of bars of this song are actually taken from Paganini's Caprice #5 in A. Though this could be of interest...

: : I was wondering if anyone out there knows the song that the young music prodgidgy played to beat the devil in the 1986 movie called crossroads. if so, then i was wondering if u'd send it to me at gu1tarace@aol.com thanx

If it possible i want this too and if it is possible i want all the tabs from the movie,like bad feeling blues etc
Thanx a lot

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.