Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Crossroads

: I was wondering if anyone out there knows the song that the young music prodgidgy played to beat the devil in the 1986 movie called crossroads. thanx

Hey, Timothy here. The awesome and very eighth note and triplet classical piece known as eugene's trick bag, is tabbed correctly at Pro guitar.com...go to Steve Vai...and then to the title "crossroads"...tada!! If you love sweep picking..it's for you. This song is not for the beginners, it's tabbed out by a 20 yr guitar instructor, who had hell with it!! Anyways, Please vote the Ventures into the Hard rock Hall Of fame...Dad would appreciate it.

Song sang at the Olymics

I saw a band at the Olymics and I don't know their name. The song had lyrics starting with"I believe in _..I believe.....I believe in family etc. Can someone help me to the name of the song and the bands name. A man was sing with maybe three back ups. This is a Aussie band. The song had a lot of I believes in it. Thank you.

Re: Song sang at the Olymics

: I saw a band at the Olymics and I don't know their name. The song had lyrics starting with"I believe in _..I believe.....I believe in family etc. Can someone help me to the name of the song and the bands name. A man was sing with maybe three back ups. This is a Aussie band. The song had a lot of I believes in it. Thank you.

You're thinking of the Savage Garden song "Affirmation"

Re: Song sang at the Olymics

savage garden - affirmation

i think anyway

DIGITECH 2120

ANYONE HAVE PATCH PROGRAMS PARAMETERS THAT COULD MAKE A "HAMMOND B" SOUND?

Re: DIGITECH 2120

: ANYONE HAVE PATCH PROGRAMS PARAMETERS THAT COULD MAKE A "HAMMOND B" SOUND?

WOULD LIKE TO FIND OTHER 2120 USERS
AND DISCUSS PROGRAMS.

: : ANYONE HAVE PATCH PROGRAMS PARAMETERS THAT COULD MAKE A "HAMMOND B" SOUND?

: WOULD LIKE TO FIND OTHER 2120 USERS
: AND DISCUSS PROGRAMS.

: : : ANYONE HAVE PATCH PROGRAMS PARAMETERS THAT COULD MAKE A "HAMMOND B" SOUND?

: : WOULD LIKE TO FIND OTHER 2120 USERS
: : AND DISCUSS PROGRAMS.

Go to angelfire.com for a users forum on Digitech products. Ask for DigiPhil. He can answer most of your questions.

DIGITECH 2120

"ditto" Also, Would you happen to have any parameters for any other effects

: : ANYONE HAVE PATCH PROGRAMS PARAMETERS THAT COULD MAKE SANTANA's SOUND?

: WOULD LIKE TO FIND OTHER 2120 USERS
: AND DISCUSS PROGRAMS.

: ANYONE HAVE PATCH PROGRAMS PARAMETERS THAT COULD MAKE A "HAMMOND B" SOUND?

¿Te Gustaria conseguir unos buenos patches para el 2120?
a mi si. Yo tengo algunos. ¿Como lo haemos?

RP100 instaed of Pod

Hello

I'm interest is good D.I. recording and was going spend lots of money on a Line Pod or Johnson J-Station.
However I noticed the new Digitech RP100 offers amp sims at a third of the price.
Is the RP100 any good for D.I. recording?
How does it compare with the Pod?
Is there an online review of RP100?

Cheers Ian
free MP3s - http://trip.to/shush

Re: RP100 instead of Pod

: Hello

: I'm interest is good D.I. recording and was going spend lots of money on a Line Pod or Johnson J-Station.
: However I noticed the new Digitech RP100 offers sims at a third of the price.
: Is the RP100 any good for D.I. recording?
: How does it compare with the Pod?
: Is there an online review of RP100?

: Cheers Ian
: free MP3s - http://trip.to/shush

You will have to try each one to see what you want. I play digitech equipment but I tried a Pod last month and it blew me away. If I was recording digitally I would have to consider the Pod. The emulations sounded great. Until then the digitech processor serves my purposes. Good luck.

Re: RP100 instaed of Pod

: Hello

: I'm interest is good D.I. recording and was going spend lots of money on a Line Pod or Johnson J-Station.
: However I noticed the new Digitech RP100 offers amp sims at a third of the price.
: Is the RP100 any good for D.I. recording?
: How does it compare with the Pod?
: Is there an online review of RP100?

: Cheers Ian
: free MP3s - http://trip.to/shush

You might find a product review at Harmony Central.

Re: RP100 instead of Pod

Try www.harmony-central.com there you'll find reviews of everything that has something to do with guitars, including off course the pod and rp100 (but i'd try the rp200)

Do you know the J-Station !?!?!?!?!?!

Hi evryone.....

I have a J-Station and that is te best.... You can not undersand that from this Black Box comes so much good sound and a lot of FUN....

I have a RP100 and I tryed some POD'S.....

Don't go RED Please... this Red thing is like a SUMMER love... you like it the first two days and then you have to go for something else!!!!

The J-Station is much more controlable and has more REAL Amp sound the POD Line6 sound good but it's to much noise that you don't need... and in there try to make it better they made something that is far from a real Amp sound...

You may like it but it's not real amp sound....

Check this out

http://j-station-forum.here.de

Noise Angel

Squier Strat

I just bought a used Squier Strat....arctic white
with white pick guard......I am just starting out and
I want to know how reliable this guitar is....

thanks in advance

Re: Squier Strat

Good choice! I've owned one for about a year(An Affinity, White/White/rosewood fretboard.), and I Love it. I was actually shopping for a Mexi Standard Fender, but I was surprised to find that I liked the sound of the Squier better, it has more punch, but still has that signiture Strat tone. This has got to be the best $100.00 Guitar on the Planet, it looks, plays and sounds like a Strat SHOULD. The only thing on it that's noticably cheaper than the Mexi Standard, are the tuners(they are alot like the ones CBS used) - but they seem to work fine, and it stays in tune, so I'm not complaining. I've owned several "Real" Strats, including a vintage '68, which I've always regretted selling, and This one reminds Me alot of that Guitar. I play it quite alot, and it's holding up fine - I'm hanging on to this one! =)

Squier Strat

What can you people tell
me about this guitar....I am
starting and I just bought a
used one in great condition
for $300 Canadian...

thanks in advance

It's ok. Probably a Mexican Strat would last longer and sound a little better. It is a little more guitar for the money. But the Squire is a fine beginner, but trade up as soon as you become more proficient.

i think it's an awesome guitar and i have one personaly too. it's very chanable and good pick up for what u pay. i use too for my band sometime for practice and my band is a heavy metal kind of band . even thought iam the lead singer but i play guitar too

Guitar tuning

Is there a particular way to tune a 12 string?

Re: Guitar tuning

: Is there a particular way to tune a 12 string?

I never thought so. I just did it straight across, one after another, just like a six string. Octaves against octaves.

: Is there a particular way to tune a 12 string?

For the first 4 sets you go octave-regular-octave-regular. For the high b and e strings, you tune the other string to a unison

how do i change the tuning of my guitars to play other songs i.e: DADGAD

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! ATTENTION!!!here!!!

I think Frank Stollone is the greatest!!!If you don't I will be more then happy to fight you any time it's cool with you. FRANK STALLONE RULES!!!!NOONE CAN CHANGE THAT!FORGET SYLVESTER!

Re: THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! ATTENTION!!!here!!!

Thanks for sharing ....doesn't he play the Energizer Bunny ? What an actor ! .............Crispy......... I think Frank Stollone is the greatest!!!If you don't I will be more then happy to fight you any time it's cool with you. FRANK STALLONE RULES!!!!NOONE CAN CHANGE THAT!FORGET SYLVESTER!

About guitar tutor

Dear person,
can I download the guitar tutor in to my computer?If yes then how ?
Subesh

New guy here

I have an Epi ES-295 replica. Gold ES-175 looking w a Bigsby and P-90's.
It's on a par with a long gone '54 ES-175 single pu I once had.

I scraped the doillie looking paint off from under the pickguard though, and sprayed some tan paintbthat the gold shines through. Looks much better.
The rest is stock.
Flatwound strings make gliding around on this thing lotsa fun!

IBANEZ WEBSITES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, I need help. I found a website that gave a great listing for all Ibanez models from the 70's to the 90's. It gave details on each guitar.
The problem is now I can't find it again. My history does not go back far enough. ANY help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: IBANEZ WEBSITES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.musiciansfriend.com has all kinds of guitars, including a good Ibanez selection. Also, check out interstatemusic.com, where you can order a catalog. They have a few Ibanez axes, and good prices.
Sincerely,
Erik

Peavey Classic 30

Is it a good amp? Any problems?

Re: Peavey Classic 30

It is a great amp. Very reliable. It has an absolutely great sound too.

Peavey Classic 30

Is this a good amp?
Any Problems?

How loud?
Sound Quality?

: Is this a good amp? Sure it is.
: Any Problems? I blew up the peavey speaker with the amp on 5 after about a year. But a Celestion speaker made a big difference to me (IMO).

: How loud? It probably will not compete if your bandmates play 100Watt Marshalls. However, I prefer to use the Classic 30, mic it and run it through the monitors to the rest of the band. This way, I can turn the amp up loud to get that "overdriven" sound without totally blasting the first few rows of the audience.
: Sound Quality? I think its fine, sometimes a bit to much fuzz in the overdrive channel (IMO), especially at softer levels. I put a Celestion (16ohm) speaker in mine. Also, look at the Fender HotRod Deluxe if you like 1 X 12 combos. Its more expensive, but it has a third channel and a little bit more power (40W).

Has there ever been a problem with the amp firing up when you turn it on? i.e. the amp does not come on?

where i can find schematic for this amp?

: : How loud? It probably will not compete if your bandmates play 100Watt Marshalls. However, I prefer to use the Classic 30, mic it and run it through the monitors to the rest of the band. This way, I can turn the amp up loud to get that "overdriven" sound without totally blasting the first few rows of the audience.
: : Sound Quality? I think its fine, sometimes a bit to much fuzz in the overdrive channel (IMO), especially at softer levels. I put a Celestion (16ohm) speaker in mine. Also, look at the Fender HotRod Deluxe if you like 1 X 12 combos. Its more expensive, but it has a third channel and a little bit more power (40W).

This is a great amp. It has great tone and great overdrive. It is also very reliable. A friend of mine has one and he has never had a problem with it. I would not say it is a very loud amp, but it can do the job. One good thing about it is that since it is only 30 watts, the tubes saturate much sooner which sounds great! If you still need more power but like the tone of the amp, try the Peavey Classic 50.

Zoom 9000 Guitar Effects Processor

Zoom 9000 Guitar Effects Processor

This popular thread has been given its own page : Zoom 9000 Guitar Effects Processor

amps?

I have an epiphone les paul and would like a marshall amp no more than $300. The trouble is i'm confused by all the different types. I like the sounds of oasis and nirvana.

Re: amps?

Good luck finding a decent Marshall for $300. If you are looking for the Oasis and Nirvana sounds, you'll need, probably, the Marshall JCM 900, but those are expensive. On the other hand, there is no better match than the Les Paul through a Marshall.

Fastest speed metal song?

Slayer's Necrophobic, Metallica's Battery or Dyer's Eve?

Re: Fastest speed metal song?

: Slayer's Necrophobic, Metallica's Battery or Dyer's Eve?

MEGADETH'S "POISON WAS THE CURE". But Zakk Wylde woops Marty Friedman's ass!

: : Slayer's Necrophobic, Metallica's Battery or Dyer's Eve?

: MEGADETH'S "POISON WAS THE CURE". But Zakk Wylde woops Marty Friedman's ass!

: : : Slayer's Necrophobic, Metallica's Battery or Dyer's Eve?

: : MEGADETH'S "POISON WAS THE CURE". But Zakk Wylde woops Marty Friedman's ass!

fastest ever: dream theatre's erotomania

: : : Slayer's Necrophobic, Metallica's Battery or Dyer's Eve?

: : MEGADETH'S "POISON WAS THE CURE". But Zakk Wylde woops Marty Friedman's ass!

Have you ever Michael Angelo Batio try listening to planet Gemini, this guy will blow you away even faster than Yngwie Malmsteen

Try Children of Bodom.....
It doest compares to the bands menctioned here.

Michael Angelo Batio blows all these guys away also Yngwie Malmsteen put Zakk Wylde to shame

Well, if anyone want to listen to some real fast speed
metal i suggest u check out the song "Greatings of Death" by Deliverance.I believe it starts with almost
250 Beats Per Minute.Check it out, it's the fastest tune i have ever heard.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.