Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: ESP's LTD pickups (what do you think)

I own an ESP LTD F-200, and I hate my pickups. I have
s Jackson V with an 81 and an 85, and a Duo-sonic with
Duncans, I would reccomend the Duncans over the EMG-Hz's.

anyone know anything about...

anyone know anything about washburns? i'm thinking especially the D-10 acoustic.
advice would be great. thanks.

Re: anyone know anything about...

Very good Guitar's !!!!!!!!!!
I bought a D-10 about a year ago, and my friend got a
Alvarez. I payed about $260(I got the Acoustic/Electric model)
and he payed about $450 for his guitar. Me all my friends think
that my guitar sounds better than my friends. If U buy this guitar
definitely go with the Acoustic/Electric model. Big help playing a
drummer. My next guitar is going to be a Washburn.

Hope U go with this guitar. Very good deal.

Re: anyone know anything about...

I have played it My opinion is that ovation makes the best acoustic guitars plus they feel so good to hold
So I went and bought one and I love it

soundfonts

anyone wanna trade soundfonts or me-30 patches
contact me at adrenachrone@hotmail.com

Re: soundfonts

What type of soundfonts do you have

: cualquier persona desea negociar soundfonts o los remiendos me-30: éntreme en contacto con en adrenachrone@hotmail.com

: anyone wanna trade soundfonts or me-30 patches
: contact me at adrenachrone@hotmail.com

Email me!

Sabor a mi

does anybody know where I can find the Tablature to this
song. Sung by Alvaro Carrillo. Thanks alot!

Re: Sabor a mi

Check out http://www.google.com/search?q=%22sabor+a+mi%22+tablature

: does anybody know where I can find the Tablature to this
: song. Sung by Alvaro Carrillo. Thanks alot!

: Check out http://www.google.com/search?q=%22sabor+a+mi%22+tablature

: : does anybody know where I can find the Tablature to this
: : song. Sung by Alvaro Carrillo. Thanks alot!

can't find the tablature but the chords are here

:http://www2.uniovi.es/~tuna2/cancion/SaborAMi.htm

: : Check out http://www.google.com/search?q=%22sabor+a+mi%22+tablature

: : : does anybody know where I can find the Tablature to this
: : : song. Sung by Alvaro Carrillo. Thanks alot!

: Check out http://www.google.com/search?q=%22sabor+a+mi%22+tablature

: : does anybody know where I can find the Tablature to this
: : song. Sung by Alvaro Carrillo. Thanks alot!

: : Check out http://www.google.com/search?q=%22sabor+a+mi%22+tablature

: : : does anybody know where I can find the Tablature to this
: : : song. Sung by Alvaro Carrillo. Thanks alot!

Does anyone know where I can find the lyrics to this song?

playing live first time alone or w/band

playing live first time alone or w/band

This popular thread has been given its own page : playing live first time alone or w/band

Help I can't get the right sound out of my distortion pedal

I Have DOD FX86 Death Metal distortion pedal and can't figure it out. I have had it for about 6 months and quit using it about a month ago. I would like tjo have hardcore distortion but when I play I can't understand what I am playing. There is no deffinition in my sound. DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SUGGESTION THAT MIGHT SOLVE OR AT LEASTE HELP THIS PROBLEM?

Re: Help I can't get the right sound out of my distortion pedal

: I Have DOD FX86 Death Metal distortion pedal and can't figure it out. I have had it for about 6 months and quit using it about a month ago. I would like tjo have hardcore distortion but when I play I can't understand what I am playing. There is no deffinition in my sound. DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SUGGESTION THAT MIGHT SOLVE OR AT LEASTE HELP THIS PROBLEM?

I have the same pedal and when I first started using it, I had the same problem (I couldn't make out the seperate notes and chords). All you have to do is keep playing around with the knobs until you get it right. Since there's no drive knob, it can be a little tricky at first, but you'll get used to it. I like to put the RIP (level knob) about halfway. I put the guts (low end) all the way up. Turn the pain (mids) all the way down. Then put the scream (highs) on the third notch. Hope this helped a little. Remember just keep playing around with the knobs til you get the sound you want. Also try putting all your amp settings on the same as the pedal because it sounds a lot better that way.

I have an arian Metal master dist. pedal and it sucks also. I dont use it but zoom makes a 505 multi effects pedal that are usually under $100 and the sound is good
But the best I have ever heard is a Ibanez Stomp box
It is the best pedal I ever heard "ever" the sound is like Slayer good and thrashy My advice is to trade it in and take a look at the Ibanez

Re:DOD has sucked for a loooonnnnngggg time! Check this!

I don't think DOD made a good distortion pedal after the OVERDRIVE 250.Their stuff is crapola! Try the Ibanez SMASH-BOX or the Marshall JACKHAMMER.They can get overdrive or distorted sounds!
Good Luck

: I Have DOD FX86 Death Metal distortion pedal and can't figure it out. I have had it for about 6 months and quit using it about a month ago. I would like tjo have hardcore distortion but when I play I can't understand what I am playing. There is no deffinition in my sound. DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SUGGESTION THAT MIGHT SOLVE OR AT LEASTE HELP THIS PROBLEM?

try an ibanez tube screamer. the ts10 or ts7 are my favorites. only use enough of the effect to hear the effect without losing the original sound of the guitar. once you cant tell what kind of guitar it is; you have too much effect . this is true for all effects,unless you are trying to hide shitty guitar playing with a bunch of noise.

turn the distortion down

Everyone else here has just told you to buy a new pedal except Nick. The best thing you can do in your situation is to keep fucking around with it until you like it. You can get a halfway-decent sound out of any pedal.

I'm getting my first electric soon, HELP!!

I'm gettting my first electric soon, and I'm not sure
how to get the best value for my money. I love the sound
of Teles/Pauls and SGs and Strats, but do the Epiphone and
Squier versions sound as good? And the amp....
Email me I you can help me. It's <panic-attack@usa.net>

Re: I'm getting my first electric soon, HELP!!

for a first guitar I would go with an Ibanez
they make the best guitar for your money(best value)
But a Strat would also be a good guitar to go with.
The Squier series are good for beginer to intermediate.
But don't put too much money into it because U may not want
to play in 2-3 years.

I would buy a Peavey amp.
But whatever U do--DON'T BUY A CRATE (they suck ass)

I've been playing for 7 years and think that an Ibanez
with a Peavey amp would be a good combe for you.

: for a first guitar I would go with an Ibanez
: they make the best guitar for your money(best value)
: But a Strat would also be a good guitar to go with.
: The Squier series are good for beginer to intermediate.
: But don't put too much money into it because U may not want
: to play in 2-3 years.

: I would buy a Peavey amp.
: But whatever U do--DON'T BUY A CRATE (they suck ass)

: I've been playing for 7 years and think that an Ibanez
: with a Peavey amp would be a good combe for you.

I've played them all and now I only buy Ibanez. Whatever you do, play every guitar you can before you decide. Even 2 identical guitars will feel different.
Get the one that FEELS the best. My favorite shape is the Jackson Kelly but I don't own one. Personally, the feel of certain Ibanez guitars is what I'm looking for, so that is what I play.
Also, if you find a cheap amp, then thats what it is, CHEAP. A good amp will make an inexpensive guitar sound good. I hope this helps. Good luck and remember, don't get hung up on names or shapes of guitars. Buy whatever is best for you.

The Ibanez advice is dead on, but go find yourself a 1978 CS100 or CS200. CS stands for "Concert Series"

These solid-body guitars give a les Paul a run for the money and you can buy them for $200-$500. They play like a dream and sound great for any musical style.

Play a lot of guitars, don't get sold on gimmicks, buy an instrument youll be proud to own in 20 years.... the CN100 is great.

Kevin

Anyone ever heard of the Tara line of acoustic guitars?

Has anyone ever heard of Tara guitars?
I have a 3/4 size acoustic made by them, and I like the sound,
so I'd like to get a full-size guitar by them.
Thanks!
jq.

WANTED: BASSIST (CENTRAL VALLEY [TULARE CO.]

WE ARE LOOKING FOR A BASSIST TO PLAY FOR GOD . WE ARE A CHRISTIAN MUSIC MINISTRY GROUP PLAYING ORIGINAL MATERIAL; LOOKING TO FILL THE BASS POSITION LEFT VACANT BY OUR LAST PLAYER. HE WAS CALLED AWAY TO DO WORK ELSEWHERE. WE'VE BEEN TOGETHER APPROX. 6 YRS.
E-MAIL REPLYS TO: JKROCKER1@AOL.COM THANX.

guitar tabs

if u are looken for any tab from the uk and u.s come 2 the greatest guitar tab site on the web.Come to http://pbtabs.nav.to......

Re: guitar tabs

: if u are looken for any tab from the uk and u.s come 2 the greatest guitar tab site on the web.Come to http://pbtabs.nav.to......

Thanx, great site. Just what i was looking for.

Re: guitar tabs

ty james by the way if it is possible would u go and vote for us by clicking on the icon...thanks for comen
If u are able 2 write tabs please sent me some.

About Boss GT-3

Hi everyone!
I have a question.
I want to buy a processor( Boss GT-3). But I wanna learn that how is the GT-3's
how is the GT-3's distortion effects? is that metal tone ? cause there's must be
metal tone processor I will buy !
and what's your advice except this processor
Thankx

Re: About Boss GT-3

: Hi everyone!
: I have a question.
: I want to buy a processor( Boss GT-3). But I wanna learn that how is the GT-3's
: how is the GT-3's distortion effects? is that metal tone ? cause there's must be
: metal tone processor I will buy !
: and what's your advice except this processor
: Thankx

Check www.harmonycentral.com for user reviews about effects processors. Good luck.

Re: About Boss GT-3 midi in

there is someone help me to load patches in gt-3 whith in midi .please help me ....... i have gt-3 editor but i can t transfert patch in gt-3 midi in

odd bass help??

I have a bass guitar, i dunno what make it is. It has Gibson styling, the only marking on it is a silver rose (more like a cabbage) on the body. Any ideas on the make? cheers

Can somebody please teach me some wangbar effects?

Hellow!Can somebody tach me some wangbar effects.Thanks!

Re: Can somebody please teach me some wangbar effects?

: Hellow!Can somebody tach me some wangbar effects.Thanks!

Is there a special sound you have in mind. Can you hear it? I am addicted to the wammy bar and have been for several years. In fact, I no longer see it as an effect that is seperate from the music I play. How is the use of this tool to be learned?

First be very specific about the sound you need to hear in order to be happy with your playing.

I don't know if I can help you, but, I can share some of the learning experience that I have had with the wammy bar.

I began to use the wammy bar when I had been using a 4 track cassett recorder for a while. My solos sounded stiff and lifeless. Why? My left hand simply did not have a smooth, deep vibrato. My vibrato was more of a rapid twitch. Vibrato in the guitar or in the singers voice lends the strength of life and emotion.

So I begand to try to figure out how to get the control I wanted. I was given the hint in an article that was printed in - Guitar for Practicing Musicians -several years ago. Y. Malmstein was discusing his trem technique. He said something to the effect that he had noticed that singers will hit a note dead on... then begin to play with it. So I practiced a lick and weather the last note was a chord or a single note, I would cleanly play and while the note was still strong, I would use the wammy bar to get the smooth, deep, tremolo that I wanted to hear.

Natural tremolo with the fingers. What does natural tremolo with the fingers sound like? What does a singers tremolo sound like. Can you do it with a wammy bar? Yes. And of course there is Steve Vai!!!

I don't know if this will help you, but I hope it will.

Good luck

Mike

Re: Can somebody please teach me how 2 use the wammy bar on my guitar?

I`m a new guitrist and i don`t know how 2 use a wammy bar.

Re: Can somebody please teach me some wangbar effects?

Yeah, first thing you need to do is remove that plastic cover off the back of your guitar and you can use the springs(along with your pick & volume knob to do weird noises.Also you can try slightly palming the bar while you do lines or playing cool chords.Another trick is total EDDIE(GOD) and hit different harmonics ...then pull up or down. If your real unexperienced ,take your pick, rake your strings behind the nut, then whammy ...just to be cool!
ron

clasical gas

dear sir I have been looking for the music and tabs for Mason and Williams Clasical gas for some time if you could help out in any way it would be great thank you sign daffy

Re: classical gas

Try searching for the tab on this site - I found it there..
http://www.guitarnotes.com/tabs/

Re: classical gas

Dang been looking for this for a while... thx you rock :)

Re: clasical gas

: dear sir I have been looking for the music and tabs for Mason and Williams Clasical gas for some time if you could help out in any way it would be great thank you sign daffy

: : dear sir I have been looking for the music and tabs for Mason and Williams Clasical gas for some time if you could help out in any way it would be great thank you sign daffy

You will find the tab's for clasical gas o guitartabsuniverse

: dear sir I have been looking for the music and tabs for glen campbell's southern nights and kriss kristofferson's border lord. Thanx

Re: glen cambell and kristofferson

: dear sir I have been looking for the music and tabs for glen campbell's southern nights and kriss kristofferson's border lord. Thanx

age and value

I recently picked up a 12 string acoustic with serial #
HG-912. No model name or anything. Can someone tell me how old this is and does it have any value? Thanks.

age and value of Hohner 12 string acoustic

I recently picked up a 12 string acoustic with serial #
HG-912. No model name or anything. Can someone tell me how old this is and does it have any value? Thanks.

confused about palm muteing

i think i do it right siting down but when i stand up i can't so how do you palm mute

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.