Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: ax1000g patches please...

: you have ax1000g don't you...
: please share your best patches with me....
Yes i have, but i´m sorry to say that i can´t use it properly. i only use the factory presets... Sorry! Can you help me at all?

-Ville-

Multieffects

HI....everybody..
Got a zoom 9030 an cant get a disent metal sound from
it....want it to sound like metallica/pantera and so on.. Anybody...please help me....its driving me mad.... ;)

Re: Multieffects

: Well first pick up that Zoom and walk out the back door and hold it firmly in your hand just slightly over your head and throw that thing as far as you can and then run out and buy a Digitech. Just kidding !!! Well its kinda up to you if distortion is all your looking for a single pedal is the best and cheapest way. But remeber try B4 you buy. There is many hundreds of them made and they all sound different. I have a Digitech GSP 21 its got unlimited effect mixing on it but I dial up #9 and did a little fine tuneing on it in the setup and made my own distortion thing. I needed a little fuzz and much tone with a bit of a crunch and it works great. But all of this might be in what guitar your playing and the amp your going into with. I also have a Dallas Fuzz Face Arbiter its a stomp box you can buy. Hendrix used one. But you even have to be careful buying one of them as from what I read they use different transistors from time to time and the germanium transistors sound the best but are hard to get. Zoom has never been one of my choices in effects and I am sure they make some folks happy just not me. I owned one once and had the same problem your going threw I gave the thing away and started with an old Digitech GSP 5 man that thing was old. But it sounded better to me on the distortion side than that Zoom. And then I found the GSP 21 and I have two GSP 21's and two GSP 21 Pro's. I just started buying them up as they are getting hard to find and you cant even order replacement footcontrolers anymore as of this year. But they sound great. Ebay is the best place to find any musical gear I nearly went broke my first few days in Ebay.

Re: Multieffects

Ummmm...your kidding.
Really?
No.
You must be.
Must find food now.
Water.
Oh.
So bad - Pain in back.
Must get meds. Now. Not later.
what is disent?

: HI....everybody..
: Got a zoom 9030 an cant get a disent metal sound from
: it....want it to sound like metallica/pantera and so on.. Anybody...please help me....its driving me mad.... ;)

What age did Kurt Cobain start playing guitar? Oh and are barre chords essensial to the art of guita

Yamaha SF500 SuperFlighter

Yamaha SF500 SuperFlighter

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yamaha SF500 SuperFlighter

Cheap multi fx

Hi, i am fairly new to guitar fx, and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a cheap(<$200) multi-fx or distortion/overdrive pedal. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, i would like to know about the new zoom 505II and/or GFX707 if u know anything, thanks

Re: Cheap multi fx

: Hi, i am fairly new to guitar fx, and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a cheap(<$200) multi-fx or distortion/overdrive pedal. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, i would like to know about the new zoom 505II and/or GFX707 if u know anything, thanks

I would stay away from Zoom. My experience with them is that they sound even cheaper than they are. Besides, I wouldn't by a pedal made of plastic. I have always used DOD and Digitech equipment and have always been satisfied.
Also there is going to be alot of Christmas sales in the next few months so you may get a better deal if you save your money until then.
Good luck.

Re: Cheap multi fx

Thanks for this, i have heard a lot of bad things about zoom products, the only reason i was considering the 505 II was because i saw a review of it in a magazine(Total Guitar) and it got 90%, anyone else got any comments on the 505 II??? i will look into DOD and Digitech, thanks again

: I would stay away from Zoom. My experience with them is that they sound even cheaper than they are. Besides, I wouldn't by a pedal made of plastic. I have always used DOD and Digitech equipment and have always been satisfied.
: Also there is going to be alot of Christmas sales in the next few months so you may get a better deal if you save your money until then.
: Good luck.

check mate

check mate guitar I think made in the 60's. Do you know anything about this brand? Looking for any info you have. Please Email RG2B@AOL.COM

Fingerstyle Guitar Workshop - Canada

I am hosting another of my two hour workshops on Tuesday
Oct. 17th 8:00pm to 10:00pm at the Kingston School of
Music, 178 Sydenham St, Kingston Ontario. The cost is
$25.00 per person and includes a copy of my 22 page book/CD
"Jim Graham's Fingerstyle Guitar Workshop". 12 exercises and
3 songs all in tab & notation. Space is limited, e-mail me to
reserve. http://www.mp3.com/jimgraham

Pedal-Slide Guitar

Check out:
http://www.geocities.com/Nasvhville/6718/dbalde.html
Bigbsy Palm-Pedals now available again!

Lennon's killer to be released?

Should John Lennon's killer be released from jail? Didn't Lennon himself say that life was to short for 'fussing and fighting my friends'?

Mick

Re: Lennon's killer to be released?

: Should John Lennon's killer be released from jail? Didn't Lennon himself say that life was to short for 'fussing and fighting my friends'?

: Mick

sounds like the same problem that Robert Kennedy's
killer Sirhan Sirhan has. At one of his parole hearings
he said that "if RFK were here, he'd forgive me and
want to set me free". The one guy on the planet who'd
want him released and he killed him. Must really suck
being him....

Dougster

Re: Lennon's killer to be released?

: : Should John Lennon's killer be released from jail? Didn't Lennon himself say that life was to short for 'fussing and fighting my friends'?

: : Mick

: sounds like the same problem that Robert Kennedy's
: killer Sirhan Sirhan has. At one of his parole hearings
: he said that "if RFK were here, he'd forgive me and
: want to set me free". The one guy on the planet who'd
: want him released and he killed him. Must really suck
: being him....

: Dougster

No not Yet. He will get out and earn a shit load
of money and get famous selling his story and
all that Bullshit.
Let Johns wife and son decide.
metusalem

Re: Lennon's killer to be released?Hell No! ! !

I say NO!! Leave his dumb ass in prison.Silly fucks like this Chapman fellow cannot keep things in the proper perspective.His fanatical behavior is dangerous
to the public in general.Ever see the movie "Falling
Down??" If he were in China,they'd shoot him in the back of the head and throw him in a ditch! I'd like to
fondle Tyra Banks,but I'm not going to attack the girl.

Formulas for chords

Anybody know a place where i could find the formulas
for chords, i mean triad and interval descriptions, no charts or fingering diagrams please.

Re: Formulas for chords

chord formulas are pretty easy realy,take 1 3 5 from any major scale and presto you have a 1st major triad if you need some help with this part of chords drop me a line

More specific

I meant descriptions like:
Chord = triad + intervals.
I have difficulties remembering what notes and triads say for example sustain chords consist of.
didn't add9 mean like add 9th interval to the triad?

Re: More specific

if you mean Csus ie suspended that is a chord with a forth added inplace of the third.
also the only way i could get my feeble brain around chords is to work out the diatnic triads for C major scale and then just transpose them to all keys
there is a set way on matter what the key signature that the chords are constructed eg maj min min maj dom
min dim maj

Effect pedals

Hi Drew, Thanks for answering. I live in Shepparton Victoria, what about you? What do you know about these pedals, Another guy told me they were shit. I haven't played one yet but I will give it a real workout in a couple of days. What do you use? See ya Ando

Re: Effect pedals

: Hi Drew, Thanks for answering. I live in Shepparton Victoria, what about you? What do you know about these pedals, Another guy told me they were shit. I haven't played one yet but I will give it a real workout in a couple of days. What do you use? See ya Ando

Well hey their Drew, your question is a bit vague. Their are hundreds of different effects pedals on the market. You really get what you are paying for. If you buy say a $30 Rogue pedal, its going to suck compared to say a $150 pedal, or even a pedal that is like $90, like a Boss. I own 5 pedals right now, I am about to buy another one. They are all useful, but I think you should look for maybe a effects processor. I really don't like the sound of processors, but for the money a begginer with effects, could learn what every little effect does, so you know what you want when you get something better. Get something that will last you like 2 years or so, maybe the Boss Me-30, well built, and sturday. It goes for about $230 american. Don't be cheap with gear, you will only lose money by doing this

Re: Effect pedals

I would probably stay away from multi effect processors. Only because, for a beginner, they can get too technical. It can be too much. If you want to know what each effect sounds like, go to your local music store and play around with them. But, definitely buy something of good quality. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Strat String Breakage

Has anyone ever had a problem with those Fender Super Bullet strings breaking(E B)? I am a new strat player and and normally use D'darrio (?) 0.09 - 0.46 on a Les Paul and hardly ever break strings. Could this be just the brand, or is a fault of the hardware... namely those string saddles ... a few hours of casual use ain't good enough, especially being a light player who doesn't sweat. Thanks for your suggestions.

hmmm

i use d'addario strings ... .42 guage with no problems. but last night i was changing them and when i got to high e, i wound it too tight and snapped it! and the music store was closed. how sucky. i was pissed.

Re: Strat String Breakage

: Has anyone ever had a problem with those Fender Super Bullet strings breaking(E B)? I am a new strat player and and normally use D'darrio (?) 0.09 - 0.46 on a Les Paul and hardly ever break strings. Could this be just the brand, or is a fault of the hardware... namely those string saddles ... a few hours of casual use ain't good enough, especially being a light player who doesn't sweat. Thanks for your suggestions.

They have string saver things that goes over your bridge, so their is no breakage, check Musiciansfriend.com

I bought a set of String Saver String Saddles from Graph Tech about a year ago and I haven't broke a string since. These saddles are impregnated with a teflon lubricant that is released when the string vibrates against them. This way the more you play, the more teflon is released, ensuring a lubricated surface under your strings for as long as you have them on the guitar. I live in Canada and these saddles were only about $30, god only knows how much money they have saved. I highly recommend them and they basically pay for themselves.

I cannot figure out all this cryin about string breakedge. Look, if your playing alot anyway, you have to replace the strings religiously. ALL strings tone out within a week playing anyway. if you want the same sound you had a week pri , replace your stings. I want the best sound at all times when I am playing, not the "I wounder how long my strings will last"! Do your self a favor, replace them. just my opinion, but a damn good one.

where abouts are your strings breaking???

dougster

Busting down near the bridge saddles... I am inclined to think it's the Fender Bullet strings. D'addario's are holding out well

: Has anyone ever had a problem with those Fender Super Bullet strings breaking(E B)? I am a new strat player and and normally use D'darrio (?) 0.09 - 0.46 on a Les Paul and hardly ever break strings. Could this be just the brand, or is a fault of the hardware... namely those string saddles ... a few hours of casual use ain't good enough, especially being a light player who doesn't sweat. Thanks for your suggestions.

i use to use bullets and they suck. try using ernie balls. when i went from one to the other my string breakage occurs only if i leave them on long enough to get rusty.(i never leave them on that long, so i never break strings anymore.also ;where the string passes through the bridge plate ,sometimes because the saddle is so far forward, that the string comes in contact wit the plate before it passes over the saddle. in thi case, the string has a kink in it before the saddle, thus, undermining the integrity of the string ,by elongating the hole in the bridge plate, the string will only come in contact with the saddle, this will greatly reduce breakage.hope this helps, if not ,i can fix it for you.contact me at,cinjoe145777@webtv.net joe.

Need help on Les Paul

I am thinking about buying a Les Paul Standard Lite. I like these because they are lighter than regular Les Pual's. Can someone give me advice on if this is a good guitar and value

Re: Need help on Les Paul

: Ive been playing strats for over 25yrs and I remember having the choice of playing les pauls,the reason I chose the strats over them was the weight and and shape ,Later in years as my ears and sense of harmony have gotten better I started playing les pauls as well as strats,Point Is:I know I havent pHYSICALLY GOTTEN STRONGER OVER 15YRS OR SO,BUT THE SOUND OF A HEAVIER LES PAUL WILL OUTDO THE SOUND OF A LES PAUL LITE.THE WEIGHT THING: UNLESS YOUVE GOT DOCTORS BECAUSE OF NECK OR BACK AILMENTS YOU SHOULDNT WORRY,AND YOU CAN PROBRABLY FIND A USED LES PAUL FOR MAYBE 400.00 MORE THAN THE LITE AND RESALE WILL BE MORE OF AN INVESTMENT ON A LES PAUL STANDARD THANTHAN RESALE OF A LES PAUL LITE.tHE OLDER LES PAULS GET THE BETTER THEY SOUND BECAUSE OF THE SETTLING OF THE WOOD.

: Ive been playing strats for over 25yrs and I remember having the choice of playing les pauls,the reason I chose the strats over them was the weight and and shape ,Later in years as my ears and sense of harmony have gotten better I started playing les pauls as well as strats,Point Is:I know I havent pHYSICALLY GOTTEN STRONGER OVER 15YRS OR SO,BUT THE SOUND OF A HEAVIER LES PAUL WILL OUTDO THE SOUND OF A LES PAUL LITE.THE WEIGHT THING: UNLESS YOUVE GOT DOCTORS ORDERS NOT CARRY WEIGHT; BECAUSE OF NECK OR BACK AILMENTS YOU SHOULDNT WORRY,AND YOU CAN PROBRABLY FIND A USED LES PAUL FOR MAYBE 400.00 MORE THAN THE LITE AND RESALE WILL BE MORE OF AN INVESTMENT ON A LES PAUL STANDARD THANTHAN RESALE OF A LES PAUL LITE.tHE OLDER LES PAULS GET THE BETTER THEY SOUND BECAUSE OF THE SETTLING OF THE WOOD.

: : Ive been playing strats for over 25yrs and I remember having the choice of playing les pauls,the reason I chose the strats over them was the weight and and shape ,Later in years as my ears and sense of harmony have gotten better I started playing les pauls as well as strats,Point Is:I know I havent pHYSICALLY GOTTEN STRONGER OVER 15YRS OR SO,BUT THE SOUND OF A HEAVIER LES PAUL WILL OUTDO THE SOUND OF A LES PAUL LITE.THE WEIGHT THING: UNLESS YOUVE GOT DOCTORS ORDERS NOT CARRY WEIGHT; BECAUSE OF NECK OR BACK AILMENTS YOU SHOULDNT WORRY,AND YOU CAN PROBRABLY FIND A USED LES PAUL FOR MAYBE 400.00 MORE THAN THE LITE AND RESALE WILL BE MORE OF AN INVESTMENT ON A LES PAUL STANDARD THANTHAN RESALE OF A LES PAUL LITE.tHE OLDER LES PAULS GET THE BETTER THEY SOUND BECAUSE OF THE SETTLING OF THE WOOD.

ANY "guitarist" that stands up while playing for long periods of time will tell you that they have neck/shoulder problems. A 345 weighs in at more than a Les Paul. DON'T GO LITE. You sacrifice TONE! My friends LP LITE sucks! Tone wise, ( to me,quality is TONE).

3 doors down tabs

Does anyone have some tabs for 3 doors down? I have kryptonite and thats about it.

Re: 3 doors down tabs

no but could u email me kryptonite

: no but could u email me kryptonite Please

: no but could u email me kryptonite Please

I need kryptonite tabs for a gig my band is doing can you help me?

: no but could u email me so i need you

: Does anyone have some tabs for 3 doors down? I need kryptonite and thats about it. NOW!
ASAP

if you figure out loser please e mail me
i think it 's F# D thaks all i got bye

: if you figure out loser please e mail me
: i think it 's F# D thaks all i got bye

Thanks for your help

Re: 3 doors down tabs-loser

go to
http://www.angelfire.com/music2/Tablature/Tabs/Guitar/3doorsdown/loser.txt

i find tabs on www.harmony-central.com

if you have other anytimes email me please.

good play

sorry for my english i'm french

yeah loser is F# and D and the chorus is E, F#, D, E,
just fuck around with it, its a good tune, my fav is Duck and run thats an easy tune to figure out.. fun to play too

OK. i Have all but 2 songs of 3 doors down, i need tabs for Down Posion and Not Enough. I really want those tabs so if you anyone knows where to find them or have them, please emial me back. thanks. matt

Site!!!

This site have some tabs!!!

http://www.tabrobot.com/

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.