Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 3 doors down tabs

no i don'e have any tabs by 3 doors down sorry

:I need chords for Be Like That... help!

nah sorry but does any1 hav be like that guitar tabs they wouldn't mind e-mailin me

: Does anyone have some tabs for 3 doors down? I have kryptonite and thats about it.
im realy looking for "its not me"

where to buy players nails for classical guitarists

Would any one please let me if there is any website where I can buy the players' nails for classical guitarists ? I am looking for the kind of nails that can be glued to the tips of the fingures rather than the ones that can be "worn" around.
Thank you.

Re: where to buy players nails for classical guitarists

Any luck finding Player's Nails?

Jakson guitar

I have been playing guitar for almost 2 years on Ibanez
Now i want to buy a Jackson guitar JR-20 Rhoads. I need some more information about this guitar. Most of the time i play rock music and sometimes heavy metal. Is this guitar a good for this kind of music.

Re: Jakson guitar

: I have been playing guitar for almost 2 years on Ibanez
: Now i want to buy a Jackson guitar JR-20 Rhoads. I need some more information about this guitar. Most of the time i play rock music and sometimes heavy metal. Is this guitar a good for this kind of music.

You can look at the Jackson website for more information on their guitars. Just make sure you play lots of guitars before you decide on one. My friend bought a guitar that shape once because he thought it was cool and he found out it was very uncomfortable to play while sitting down.
Good luck.

Setting up Floating Bridge Floyd Rose - Help me out!

If anybody is pretty good at setting up a floyd rose (floating bridge variety) and has some tips to help me out, send them my way. My problem is that when I tighten one string, the rest loosen (as the pulling of one brings the bridge up higher, then loosens the others). So you have to tighten them, and they in turn loosen the one you just tightened. Etc. Etc.

How do I get out of this loop-hole? I guess the bridge unit is supposed to be paralell to the guitar, which it is NOWWHERE near by the time I get it tuned.

Re: Setting up Floating Bridge Floyd Rose - Help me out!

Sounds like your tremelo is out of balance. This happened to me a few weeks ago.
Take your guitar to a guitar shop to have them work on it. It costs about 35 bucks to
get something like that fixed, but believe me its worth it.

: If anybody is pretty good at setting up a floyd rose (floating bridge variety) and has some tips to help me out, send them my way. My problem is that when I tighten one string, the rest loosen (as the pulling of one brings the bridge up higher, then loosens the others). So you have to tighten them, and they in turn loosen the one you just tightened. Etc. Etc.

: How do I get out of this loop-hole? I guess the bridge unit is supposed to be paralell to the guitar, which it is NOWWHERE near by the time I get it tuned.

Dear Shawn;

I am new to this site, but, I am not new to the Floyd Rose bridge. Tonight I have written, in responce to two different questions, detailed instructions for re-stringing and tuning the Floyd Rose bridge. Soneone else wanted to know how to balance the bridge and I didn't address that, but I will if you haven't already solved this problem in the next two or three days.

Leave a message on this site if you still need this info and I will give it to you.

Sincerely yours

Mike

: : If anybody is pretty good at setting up a floyd rose (floating bridge variety) and has some tips to help me out, send them my way. My problem is that when I tighten one string, the rest loosen (as the pulling of one brings the bridge up higher, then loosens the others). So you have to tighten them, and they in turn loosen the one you just tightened. Etc. Etc.

: : How do I get out of this loop-hole? I guess the bridge unit is supposed to be paralell to the guitar, which it is NOWWHERE near by the time I get it tuned.

: Dear Shawn;

: I am new to this site, but, I am not new to the Floyd Rose bridge. Tonight I have written, in responce to two different questions, detailed instructions for re-stringing and tuning the Floyd Rose bridge. Soneone else wanted to know how to balance the bridge and I didn't address that, but I will if you haven't already solved this problem in the next two or three days.

: Leave a message on this site if you still need this info and I will give it to you.

: Sincerely yours

: Mike

Hey Miike why dont you just post the info here instead of saying you "Wrote the INfo".. alot of people would want to read it!

jeeeez!

hghelp me out, send them my way. My problem is that when I tighten one string, the rest loosen (as the pulling of one brings the bridge up higher, then loosens the others). So you have to tighten them, and they in turn loosen the one you just tightened. Etc. Etc.

: : : How do I get out of this loop-hole? I guess the bridge unit is supposed to be paralell to the guitar, which it is NOWWHERE near by the time I get it tuned.

: : Dear Shawn;

: : I am new to this site, but, I am not new to the Floyd Rose bridge. Tonight I have written, in responce to two different questions, detailed instructions for re-stringing and tuning the Floyd Rose bridge. Soneone else wanted to know how to balance the bridge and I didn't address that, but I will if you haven't already solved this problem in the next two or three days.

: : Leave a message on this site if you still need this info and I will give it to you.

: : Sincerely yours

: : Mike

:
: Hey Miike why dont you just post the info here instead of saying you "Wrote the INfo".. alot of people would want to read it!

: jeeeez!

: If anybody is pretty good at setting up a floyd rose (floating bridge variety) and has some tips to help me out, send them my way. My problem is that when I tighten one string, the rest loosen (as the pulling of one brings the bridge up higher, then loosens the others). So you have to tighten them, and they in turn loosen the one you just tightened. Etc. Etc.

: How do I get out of this loop-hole? I guess the bridge unit is supposed to be paralell to the guitar, which it is NOWWHERE near by the time I get it tuned.
I bought a Fender Floyd Rose Tremola System for my Eric Clapton Blackie and had it installed by a guitar Tech at a local music store. The guy installed it correctly but doesn't know how to set it up any more then he can find his ass with both hands in broad daylight. The questions I have are these. Without the Floyd Rose all five springs are used in the back. After he installed it there were only three being used. Also how far back do you bring those screws that attach to the body of the guitar, because i don't believe that the back of the Floyd Rose bridge is supposed to be flush against the body of the guitar. Secondly when you back the screws off the back of the Floyd Rose comes up off the body. Now I believe that it is supposed to be off the body but I dont know by how much. My problem was that when I applied a bend to the high e and b strings it would go sharp once the strings went back into position. The guitar tech gave me some bullshit excuse, I didn't believe him. Now I'm looking for someone who has had experience setting them up. Because this guy took my money for installing it but he doesn't know how to set it up. I do know that once you do get it set up for a certain gauge of strings that it would be unwise to change gauges. The trick is those screws you have two one for the low and one for the high end of the bridge. I believe they are supposed to be even, though I am not sure of that. I've fooled around with it and believe that those two screws are the source of the problem. I do know that I have no directions whatsoever on how to accomplish it and at the moment am stumped. Just because a guy calls himself a guitar tech doesn't mean he really knows how do do everything, this guy certainly doesn't. Find a qualified tech or a manual or directions on how to do it, without those your spitting in a strong wind and doomed to experiment. Good Luck John send me an E-Mail if you decipher the problem.

: : If anybody is pretty good at setting up a floyd rose (floating bridge variety) and has some tips to help me out, send them my way. My problem is that when I tighten one string, the rest loosen (as the pulling of one brings the bridge up higher, then loosens the others). So you have to tighten them, and they in turn loosen the one you just tightened. Etc. Etc.

: : How do I get out of this loop-hole? I guess the bridge unit is supposed to be paralell to the guitar, which it is NOWWHERE near by the time I get it tuned.
: I bought a Fender Floyd Rose Tremola System for my Eric Clapton Blackie and had it installed by a guitar Tech at a local music store. The guy installed it correctly but doesn't know how to set it up any more then he can find his ass with both hands in broad daylight. The questions I have are these. Without the Floyd Rose all five springs are used in the back. After he installed it there were only three being used. Also how far back do you bring those screws that attach to the body of the guitar, because i don't believe that the back of the Floyd Rose bridge is supposed to be flush against the body of the guitar. Secondly when you back the screws off the back of the Floyd Rose comes up off the body. Now I believe that it is supposed to be off the body but I dont know by how much. My problem was that when I applied a bend to the high e and b strings it would go sharp once the strings went back into position. The guitar tech gave me some bullshit excuse, I didn't believe him. Now I'm looking for someone who has had experience setting them up. Because this guy took my money for installing it but he doesn't know how to set it up. I do know that once you do get it set up for a certain gauge of strings that it would be unwise to change gauges. The trick is those screws you have two one for the low and one for the high end of the bridge. I believe they are supposed to be even, though I am not sure of that. I've fooled around with it and believe that those two screws are the source of the problem. I do know that I have no directions whatsoever on how to accomplish it and at the moment am stumped. Just because a guy calls himself a guitar tech doesn't mean he really knows how do do everything, this guy certainly doesn't. Find a qualified tech or a manual or directions on how to do it, without those your spitting in a strong wind and doomed to experiment. Good Luck John send me an E-Mail if you decipher the problem.

1.If your Floyd rests flat on the guitar's body, then you should be able to bring each string to pitch before the Floyd begins to raise, which is what causes the pitch of the previous string to drop.
2.If the a space is routed out for the Floyd to drop into the body (recessed) then it's a matter of A.tuning the previous string tightly to make up for the dropping. OR
B.Stabilizing the Floyd in the position that you want it to ultimately rest at, and tightening the strings until you get the balance.
It's really very easy. Just think of it as tuning; when you tune, you adjust the tension of the string.
If you have any more ?'s, feel free to e-mail me.

I always over tune and then when I bring the other strings to pitch it helps. SOme people use a wedge underneath the bridge itself to hold it in the position. It takes a little time but it is worth the effort!

That's ExACTLY the prob I'm having!

Jamey Andreas' mp3: "Spanish Romance"

Jamey Andreas currently has an mp3 of a track off of
his CD, called "Spanish Romance." Spanish Romance is a
standard in any classical guitarist's repertoire. It
is based on a Spanish folksong, and has a haunting
melody. It is one of the simpler pieces on his CD,
but nonetheless it is an enjoyable piece of music.
To hear "Spanish Romance," visit:
http://www.guitarprinciples.com/mp3/SpanRom.htm

Re: Jamey Andreas' mp3: "Spanish Romance"

And then compare it with my version, simply titled "Romance" at http://www.mp3.com/jimgraham,
Anybody else got a version, we could really get carried away!
Jim in Canada

Jamey Andreas currently has an mp3 of a track off of
: his CD, called "Spanish Romance." Spanish Romance is a
: standard in any classical guitarist's repertoire. It
: is based on a Spanish folksong, and has a haunting
: melody. It is one of the simpler pieces on his CD,
: but nonetheless it is an enjoyable piece of music.
: To hear "Spanish Romance," visit:
: http://www.guitarprinciples.com/mp3/SpanRom.htm

chords for Last Dance

Can someone email me the chords to Last Dance by Donna Summer? Tomcat@ThomasNeil.com

Re: chords for Last Dance

: Can someone please email me the chords to Last Dance by Donna Summer? Thanks!
Check out my site if you get the chance, too~
http://www.JulietLibertine.com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.