Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

anyone got police tabs?

?

police tabs

try www.harmony-central.com ... otherwise www.go2net.com and search for police tabs.

monk

Re: police tabs

Sting WOULD need Police tabs...

Re: anyone got police tabs?

Got som Police tabs on the song "every breath you take"?
It would be helpful for me. i appreciate it very well if you could get some info about it. thanks.

looking for carcass

got tabs?

yo!

like the site!

Marshall Amplifiers

Marshall Amplifiers

This popular thread has been given its own page : Marshall Amplifiers

HELLO GUITAR PLAYERS IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION BE SPECIFIC, GIVE US THE DETAILS THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPL

BE CLEAR ABOUT YOUR QUESTIONS SO THAT THE FOLKS WHO BOTHER TO CLICK THERE CAN GET A SCOPE ON WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR.

HEY DILDO YOU HAVE A REALLY BIG MOTH AND YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POOR LITTLE MARKY BENT OUT OF SHAPE? HEY BUD I ONLY PUT THAT UP TO LET FOLKS KNOW THAT......

I ONLY PUT THAT UP TO LET FOLKS KNOW THAT THEY MIGHT FEEL LIKE LETTING THE WORLD KNOW WHAT THEIR BUGET IS IF THEY ARE ASKING ABOUT WHAT AMP TO BUY.HOW ABOUT LETTING US KNOW WHICH GUITAR PLAYERS TONE THEY LIKE WHEN THEY ARE SHOPPING FOR A GUITAR.HMMM?
I HAVE NEVER STATED THAT I KNOW EVERYTHING. IN FACT THE REASON I SOUGHT OUT THIS SITE IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS TO HAVE SOME OF MY OWN QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO KNOW ALOT ABOUT GUITARS AND GEAR OR MAY HAVE INSIGHTS INTO SOLVING GEAR QUESTIONS FOR OTHERS.
SO DONT PISS ALL OVER YOURSELF YOU SOUND LIKE A 13 YEAR OLD!

Re: HEY DILDO YOU HAVE A REALLY BIG MOTH AND YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor little Marky is right, I'll bet you are one of those idiots that surf around looking for sites where you can let your assholeishness shine. I see Dilby starting topics, asking questions and answering them as well which is just what a forum is for, and then i see you pop up just long enough to be a asshole. And whats wrong with having a big moth, I have had a Luna moth hanging outside my window for 2 days and it hasnt bothered anyone yet, learn to spell better than a second grader and you'll get your assholeishness across better ya friggin' retard. And whats wrong with being a dildo as long as you get invited to party down in all the right FEMALE places, somewhere a little arrogant virgin piss-ant version of a goof like yourself has never been I'm sure.

Guitarist and drummer looking for South Jersey bassist and singer

If you are talented, not a drug user or control freak, between
21 to 30, have own equipment & ride, like Korn or Creed, and live around South
Jersey email me.

Re: Guitarist and drummer looking for South Jersey bassist and singer

: If you are talented, not a drug user or control freak, between
: 21 to 30, have own equipment & ride, like Korn or Creed, and live around South
: Jersey email me.

Well. I'm only 19, live in Kentucky, no ride, old band broke up sp equipment is gone, KoRn is my favorite band, good memory (remember lyrics to 85 cds i own now), willing to move if you're willing to help.

: : If you are talented, not a drug user or control freak, between
: : 21 to 30, have own equipment & ride, like Korn or Creed, and live around South
: : Jersey email me.

: Well. I'm only 19, live in Kentucky, no ride, old band broke up sp equipment is gone, KoRn is my favorite band, good memory (remember lyrics to 85 cds i own now), willing to move if you're willing to South Jersey help. Great stage presince, full of energy. My two favorite singers are Jonathan Davis and Eddie Vedder. Music is my life.

: : : If you are talented, not a drug user or control freak, between
: : : 21 to 30, have own equipment & ride, like Korn or Creed, and live around South
: : : Jersey email me.

: : Well. I'm only 19, live in Kentucky, no ride, old band broke up sp equipment is gone, KoRn is my favorite band, good memory (remember lyrics to 85 cds i own now), willing to move to South Jersey if you're willing to help. Great stage presince, full of energy. My two favorite singers are Jonathan Davis and Eddie Vedder. Music is my life.

Re: Guitarist and drummer looking for South Jersey bassist

We are now a Drummer, Guitarist, and Singer looking for a bassist in Southe jersey. Email Me.

Guitarists read my e book

Easy to follow Guitar lessons: Download my first 21 pages of my e book and microsoft reader(the program needed to read the book) at acetutor.net .....see how easy it is to follow my guitar lessons !

Guitarists read my e book

Easy to follow Guitar lessons: Download my first 21 pages of my e book and microsoft reader(the program needed to read the book) at acetutor.net .....see how easy it is to follow my guitar lessons !

Reverb Modification for Marshall TSL600 SERIES

MARSHALL TSL 600 series GREAT amps but poor reverb!! MODIFICATION UNIT (EASY FIT) AVAILABLE FROM ME...IF YO WANT IT TO SOUND TWICE AS GOOD...£28 ,POSTAGE FREE.

Re: Reverb Modification for Marshall TSL600 SERIES

: MARSHALL TSL 600 series GREAT amps but poor reverb!! MODIFICATION UNIT (EASY FIT) AVAILABLE FROM ME...IF YO WANT IT TO SOUND TWICE AS GOOD...£28 ,POSTAGE FREE.

What is it and what does it do... specs please
thanx,eric

Mini Guitar for a 6 yr old

I'm looking for a mini guitar that would be an appropriate size for a 6 year old. Can anyone suggest some make or models of mini guitars.

Re: Mini Guitar in general or for a 6 yr old

Of 6yrolds i have no knowledge oother than my own exp. as one.
A good guit. is as (no hell more important) important for a
beginner as exp. player. the P.O.S. Silvertone i started w/only
made it harder & made me feel incompetant.
I currently play 2 mini guitars alot as serious inst's with
thier own unique voices: a Baby Taylor( @250 at guitarcenter)
and a Mitchell "jet" electric (@ 200 or 150) at GC)
the taylor is a very beautiful sounding inst it remind me
of an old Gibson parlor guitar a la Rjohnson.
the mitchell is a single cut awy 1 pickup-- i play it
w/both standard tuning, A tuning(low string A instd of E)
and in A Slack key(hawaiian) - and others. A new set of strings
willnot hold standard tuning so well- i'll switch the old strings of my les paul
and they're broken in.
btw--the taylor is standard tuning friendly=no similar
considerations- if you look into another excellent guitar
the "chiquita", by some guy in texas and billy gibbons from zz top
the webb site has recommended string weights which are
appropriate for standard tuning on an electric(im just too lazy
to buuy seperate sets im cheap too- i got 25 d'addario xl sets of strings and a lil'smokie amp for 25$
and untiltheyr gone they're whayt im usin)
the prob with Chiguitais its price @450- its real nice though-as it should be
the mitchell is very good and versatile-good looking to-not like thtose lame fender shrinky-dink strats
it designed as itself- not as a shrunk down "real guitar"
it is a real guitar-- the fretwork could use a little end filing
and i'd like a vers with more electronic options but
that would srew the price.
This is the real answer: find a guitar that You want to play,
and then even if its not what the kid wants to do- youse got
another viable tool in the house- if th kid bomes a guitar player
they'll still be playin this when thy're in the nursing home
BTW2--women (esp. thse who are casual players)are big fans of
Travel guitars= the edge isnt running right across their breast

IRONMAIDEN´S-GUITAR-SIGNED- (FOR SALE)

www.novomilenio.com/ironguitar
IRON MAIDEN´S-GUITAR-SIGNED-
(FOR SALE)

Switch pickups while playing......or increase volume..

I SUPPLY UNITS THAT FIT INSIDE YOUR GUITAR TO CHANGE PICK UPS OR INCREASE VOLUME WHILE PLAYING...(NOT A FOOT SWITCH)..ALSO SPECIAL PICK UP MIXERS THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO MIX THE THREE PICKUPS AND GIVE YOU TOTAL CONTROL OF THE TONAL QUALITY AND HARMONICS.ALSO I CAN MODIFY EXISTING PICKUPS TO GIVE YOU MORE BITE AND HARMONIC CONTENT.SINGLE COIL ONLY(NOT HUMBUCKERS)

Re: Switch pickups while playing......or increase volume..

i also can switch pickups while playing. i just move the pickup selector. no need for any fancy mods. :-)

IRON MAIDEN´S -GUITAR- SIGNED (FOR SALE)

IRON MAIDEN´S -GUITAR- SIGNED (FOR SALE)
www.novomilenio.com/ironguitar

Yamaha FX-990 guitar effects preamp/processor

Does anyone know anything about this one?
I can't seem to find much online about it.
Thanks

pentasystem.com

I was wondering why I should buy a guitar if they are truly going to be obsolete within a year or two. Are they really only 30% in tune and does this Pentasystem company really have instruments that are 97% in tune? Also, what does it mean to be tuned in fifths?

Re: pentasystem.com

: I was wondering why I should buy a guitar if they are truly going to be obsolete within a year or two. Are they really only 30% in tune and does this Pentasystem company really have instruments that are 97% in tune? Also, what does it mean to be tuned in fifths?

Re: pentasystem.com

hola amigos de pentasisten quisiera informacion sobre la tecnica de joe satriani

HELP WITH IBANEZ

Can anyone tell me where to look to find information on Ibanez guitars? I have serial numbers and I want to know when and where they were made. I also need to know what models they are. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: HELP WITH IBANEZ

wat ya need to know man? im verry familliar with them, ive been sellin them for years. they dont really go by serial, but a model and description would help me help you.
send info to shane_b15@yahoo.com
or visit www.terracemusiccenter.com
thanks!
shane
( out to serve guitarists everywhere!)

Try this site.

http://www.comcat.com/~alnico5/index.html

: I am thinking about purchasing an old ibanez L4 gibson copy.Any advise.
Thanks.

What do you people think of the stratacoustic telacoustic guitars

Hey im lookin for any one whose played one and what they think of it

Re: What do you people think of the stratacoustic telacoustic guitars

: Hey im lookin for any one whose played one and what they think of it
I played one in a shop. Looks real cool, plays real cheap. Sounds good but the action was set too
high. It had acoustic strings on it. That might make it feel cheap(I'm a mostly electric player).
Anyone play one with the action set like an electric??

I just got one through the mail and I like it a lot. It plays just like my real strat. I've always played an electric but I couldn't bring my amp to school, so it's great. I don't have to
worry about lugging around a huge acoustic...

Brilliant! I also own one but I am a true acoustic fan! I like it for it's compact size and excellent sound plugged aswell as unplugged! It is also very unique, which is great!

I have been playing my Stratacoustic for nearly four months now - Sunday mornings at church and for weekend coffee shop gigs. I absolutely love it. I put Ernie Ball extra lights on it (.010-.050) and swapped the 3rd (wound) string for a solid. I needed to modify the bridge saddle in order to do this to maintain proper intonation. I then lowered the action slightly and it plays very close to my Stratocaster electric. The tone is very warm and bright and the action, well, virtually everything you'd come to expect from a Fender!

Before purchasing this guitar, I played a Kramer Ferrington which is of a very similar design. The Stratacoustic is now my main playing axe and I seldom ever touch the Kramer (which is a fine instrument in it's own right) Enough said!

Jim McKeighan
Guitarist, Luthier

help with stratacoustic stringing

I just bought a stratacoustic & have never seen strings put on the way these are - how the heck do you get them off, are these pegs or screws, I don't want to break it & have no documentation on the guitar. I'd appreciate help!

The Future of copyright

After reading the article of the future of copyright, one thing stuck out from that to me: That the large corperations will die a slow death. Well don't count it.

Sure, they're being a pain in the arse at the moment, shutting down napster, but don't for one second think that they'll die a slow death from the change in tecnology. The way I see it, is that they're just slowing things down a tad, until they can catch up and assess the next best way to screw artists and the public.

They haven't survived this long by being by ignoring whats around them. And like and large business, they will adapt - as it's in they're own best interests.

Whether you love em, or hate em, the fact remains that they'll still be controlling things for some time to come (unfortunately).

I wish the best to all the independant artists that fly the coupe!
Pete

Re: The Future of copyright ( WORD UP )

: After reading the article of the future of copyright, one thing stuck out from that to me: That the large corperations will die a slow death. Well don't count it.
I HEAR YA THEIR NOT ABOUT TO GIVE AWAY THE PONY YET!

: Sure, they're being a pain in the arse at the moment, shutting down napster, but don't for one second think that they'll die a slow death from the change in tecnology. The way I see it, is that they're just slowing things down a tad, until they can catch up and assess the next best way to screw artists and the public.

: They haven't survived this long by being by ignoring whats around them. And like and large business, they will adapt - as it's in they're own best interests.

: Whether you love em, or hate em, the fact remains that they'll still be controlling things for some time to come (unfortunately).

: I wish the best to all the independant artists that fly the coupe!
: Pete

Re: The Future of copyright

Why is everybody complaing.
1) Not all large corporations are bad. Some of them actualy do care for the artists. Because they do realise that without the artist, they will not exist.

2) Nothing stops the artists to go solo and publish their work on the net on a "shareware" principle.

I think that it is to easy to complain. Stop seeing problems and start seeing oppertunities.

Artists often forget that, in order to be profitable overall, labels and publishers make the "hits" pay for all the dud's they invest in. I can't say how often this excuse is abused.

I too wish all us Indies, and even the Big Label Hits, well, but they'd better crack the business books and face that part of making a living. Whether it's because they are lazy, naive, or impatient, the majority of major artists take a bath in their first contracts.

: After reading the article of the future of copyright, one thing stuck out from that to me: That the large corperations will die a slow death. Well don't count it.

: Sure, they're being a pain in the arse at the moment, shutting down napster, but don't for one second think that they'll die a slow death from the change in tecnology. The way I see it, is that they're just slowing things down a tad, until they can catch up and assess the next best way to screw artists and the public.

: They haven't survived this long by being by ignoring whats around them. And like and large business, they will adapt - as it's in they're own best interests.

: Whether you love em, or hate em, the fact remains that they'll still be controlling things for some time to come (unfortunately).

: I wish the best to all the independant artists that fly the coupe!
: Pete

Why the hell do we need record companies, and distributers (music stores). Artists could be selling whole albums over the web for $5, and make a bigger profit, than if there were those 2 middle men. All these bands need is someone who could record good quality computer recordings, and advertise them over the net. If you get a Fan base, you wind up with air play on the radio eventually, and you will be on MTV, if you could stomach the channal. CUT THE MIDDLE MEN. They are not doing anything. If you say they will help with the tour you are wrong, because you could get corporate sponsors. How will it be distributed? Most of the early stuff won't get as much exposure becasue not everybody has a computer, so lesser volume over the internet, and no distribution in music stores. We need to go ahead, and eliminate the music store, and make the internet an interactive music store

: Why the hell do we need record companies, and distributers (music stores). Artists could be selling whole albums over the web for $5, and make a bigger profit, than if there were those 2 middle men. All these bands need is someone who could record good quality computer recordings, and advertise them over the net.
----------------------------------------------
Isn't this pretty much what record companies are doing but just without the computer thing... i mean connections to studios, advertising and distribution.
the middle men will always be there, you can't hope to do everything yourself, and theres no goddamn way anybodys gonna do that stuff for free.

A PERFECT CIRCLE.. HAS ANYONE SEEN THESE GUYS,HOW WERE THEY

PERFECT CIRCLE. HOW WAS THE SHOW?

Re: A PERFECT CIRCLE.. HAS ANYONE SEEN THESE GUYS,HOW WERE THEY

: PERFECT CIRCLE. HOW WAS THE SHOW?

All it is, is a side project by a few of the guys from Tool, so if you are familiar with their concerts, its probably the same experience.

: : PERFECT CIRCLE. HOW WAS THE SHOW?

: I saw the show in pittsburgh I thought they rocked. saw tool also; definatly different shows

a must see

: : PERFECT CIRCLE. HOW WAS THE SHOW?

There Fucking show Kicked so much ass but it willnever be as good as tool.Anyone that has them cometo there town should go seee them,

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.