Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2000

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Blondie Chaplin

searching for a guitarist named Blondie Chaplin..played with Stones, Beach Boys, Band, Rick Danko..interview request...818 238 1472...thank you

tenor/alto sax transposition to guit/bass

I just started playing with two horn players. We are having difficulty transposing their instruments to what we (the guitarist and myself on five-string) have written. Know of any sites that would have that?

I think i know

Well the tenor is in Bb, and the alto is in Eb, at least I think. They should know what key their horns are in. Anyway, a Bb for the tenor is a C for you guys, and an Eb for the alto is a C for u guys. From there, it shouldn't be hard. But make sure I'm right about Bb and Eb.

guitar

I am a beginner in the guitar field, I have been looking for my first guitar for the last two weeks and I don't know what do bye. Can any one help my please e-mail me. at funman24@hotmail.com something good still dose not cost a lot. thanks

Re: guitar

: I am a beginner in the guitar field, I have been looking for my first guitar for the last two weeks and I don't know what do bye. Can any one help my please e-mail me. at funman24@hotmail.com something good still dose not cost a lot. thanks

Since you've been looking for two weeks I'm sure you've come across a Squier Strat and Fender Strat. The squiers are great for beginning if your on a tight budget. The upsides to squiers are that you can get them at low cost and you can get packs with amp, tuner, strap, picks, the works. The downsides are that they are foreign made, which generally takes away from the quality of the wood. The tone , or the way it sounds, is also nothing like a Fender Stratocaster. The best guitars are generally American made. The tone you probably will not even notice a difference in until you've played for a while. All Fender's are not American made also. Fender guitars which are American, Japanese, Korean, and Mexican made go for anything between 250 to 2000 bucks. The Mexican and the Japanese are the best foreign made Fenders. Also if you are on a VERY tight budget then consider a Yamaha Strat copy. These go for around 100 bucks. Some other good guitars are Gibson, which are DEFINITELY overpriced unless you live in a big city with competing music stores that can afford to chop the price down about a thousand bucks, I bought a Gibson Les Paul Standard Lite for a thousand bucks off the list price, the reason that these are so overpriced is that they are handmade in the US. A division of Gibson is Epiphone these guitars have a lot of the Gibson look, but the tone is not even comparable to the Les Paul, I don't think you'll notice this though until you've played for a while. The Epiphone's are definitely affordable, too. Any more questions just email me at Mickstar98@aol.com

Help Help finding the right guitar

I am a beginner in the guitar field, I have been looking for my first guitar for the last two weeks and I don't know what do bye. Can any one help my please e-mail me. at funman24@hotmail.com something good still dose not cost a lot. thanks

Re: Help Help finding the right guitar

: I am a beginner in the guitar field, I have been looking for my first guitar for the last two weeks and I don't know what do bye. Can any one help my please e-mail me. at funman24@hotmail.com something good still dose not cost a lot. thanks

It depends on what you want to play!!!

Re: Help Help finding the right guitar

Check out the DeArmond line. They are an excellent value at all of their price points. No Strat copy though.

automatic conversion of notation to tablature

i would like to be able to scan guitar music in notation and have a program covert it to tablature.if anyone is aware of such a program this info would be appricated thanks

Re tab for steely dan

has anyone got the tab or chords for steelydans
the " FEZ " on the Royal scam album ? correct
ones please, no busking versions !

Re: Re tab for steely dan-Looking for Black Friday Tab

Anyone know where I might find the tab for Black Friday?
Many thanks!
Paul.

RE schematic for soundcity PA 50 mk4 AMP

i need a schematic for a soundcity pa 50 custom
built MK4 or help in servcing as some caps are
missing and i dont know the values or wiring
info

Re: help

: i need to know how much it would cost to service a car on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
the car is a 1999 model,and costs 13000, and is a hyundai excel.
can you please get back to me as soon as possible.

Clapton Strat Wiring Diagram

Am in need of a wiring diagram for a clapton strat, 89 model if it matters. Can anyone help direct me.

Re: Clapton Strat Wiring Diagram

: Am in need of a wiring diagram for a clapton strat, 89 model if it matters. Can anyone help direct me.

Re: Clapton Strat Wiring Diagram

:
hey bryan, there is a good diagram for a clapton strat on pg. 39 in the "complete guide to guitar and amp maintenance" by ritchie fliegler.

Sex and the art of the MP3

MP3 and sex come together. No, wait, what am I saying?...
<a href="http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/460/">http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/460/</a>

Cheers
Geoff

Free: Bitheadz's Unity DS-1

Turn your computer into a full-featured, professional digital sampler...
<a href="http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/466/">http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/466/</a>

Guitar Classes

There is a free coaching class on guitar which is held twice in a week. Anyone interested can contact the above mail id.

Re: Guitar Classes

:There is a free coaching class on guitar which is held twice in a week. Anyone interested can contact the above mail id.

Let me know where are classes are held

Hello,

I am very much intresrted in learning Guitar.Please let me know the details.

Thanks,
Brijesh

: :There is a free coaching class on guitar which is held twice in a week. Anyone interested can contact the above mail id.

: Let me know where are classes are held

There is a free coaching class on guitar which is held twice in a week. Anyone interested can contact the above mail id.

: Let me know where are classes are held.can it be possible for online guitar edu

i want free guitar classes
advanced

: i want <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">free guitar classes</B>
: advanced

What pickups do I have?

Got a Yamaha Ltd Edition Pacifica 821D, super-strat with H-S-H and a Floyd Rose unit. The dealer told me they were DiMarzio pickups. How do I tell which ones - there are no contact details for Yamaha guitars on their website, except a phone line in the US (and I live in the UK!).

Anyone who can help me please??

Alex

Re: What pickups do I have?

Hmmm, I've never heard of Yamaha using DiMarzio pickups in their stock guitars. I would imagine that you have standard Yamaha pickups. The dealer probably told you they were DiMarzio's just to make the sale.

: Got a Yamaha Ltd Edition Pacifica 821D, super-strat with H-S-H and a Floyd Rose unit. The dealer told me they were DiMarzio pickups. How do I tell which ones - there are no contact details for Yamaha guitars on their website, except a phone line in the US (and I live in the UK!).

: Anyone who can help me please??

: Alex

see this site: http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/guitar/eg/pacifica/pac821d.html

Hi, I´ve bought a YAMAHA RGX 821D from a friend. Is it a good guitar, what´s its pickup???
Thanx
Guga

an acoustic guitar for a beginner

Hi,

i'm new to the guitar world and i want to learn to play it. I have thought of buying an acoustic guitar for $300 at much, but i don't have any idea of which one to buy. I like the ones with the cutaway and the Epiphone PR100C is one i like a lot. So, maybe you can recommend me a good guitar. thanks a lot

Jorge

Re: an acoustic guitar for a beginner

: Hi,

: i'm new to the guitar world and i want to learn to play it. I have thought of buying an acoustic guitar for $300 at much, but i don't have any idea of which one to buy. I like the ones with the cutaway and the Epiphone PR100C is one i like a lot. So, maybe you can recommend me a good guitar. thanks a lot

: Jorge

You just have to try the guitar to see what you want. If you are new to playing you can take a couple of lessons at your local music store and try different guitars at your lessons. An acoustic is great if that is what you want, but it is much easier to learn on an electric guitar. Try as many guitars as you can before you buy one and buy the best one you can afford. It will last you the longest. It also depends on what you want to play. Remember, it does not really matter what it looks like, buy the one that is easiest to play and that sounds the best will give you the most enjoyment.
Good luck,
Snookdude

Re: an acoustic guitar for a beginner

: Hi,

: i'm new to the guitar world and i want to learn to play it. I have a an acoustic guitar, but i dont know to play it properly. can you teach me how to play the guitar. can you help me. thank you very much

: Jorge

P,lease helpe me - ZOOM505II

How can I get the right combinations for the Noel's solos (or something same)?. I bought the ZOOM505II a few days ago and I'm really desperate.

I can't found a good one (effect) for play the solo of "Life forever" - or any of his solos - (and the ritmic parts, shit).

If anyone can give some good combinations of famous solos thank you a quite a lot. I'm learning a little of the patches and all that, but I can't get a good sound (always sound a bit of echo).

Re: P,lease helpe me - ZOOM505II

Did you get any help? I found patch sites for the 505 version and just souped up the parameters to suite the 505II. I'll bring you my stuff in a couple of days. My best 2 so8unds for solo.

best guitars?

Hi
Seeking a bit of expert knowledge.
I have around £500 -1000 to by a new
guitar(acoustic). I have been offered
a takamine for £745-is this a good buy.It
is an acoustic-electric - does the combination
effect the sound if it is not connected to an amp?
Any ideas on the best buys for around that price range? Any advice would be really helpful.

many thanks
jim

Re: best guitars?

: Hi
: Seeking a bit of expert knowledge.
: I have around £500 -1000 to by a new
: guitar(acoustic). I have been offered
: a takamine for £745-is this a good buy.It
: is an acoustic-electric - does the combination
: effect the sound if it is not connected to an amp?
: Any ideas on the best buys for around that price range? Any advice would be really helpful.

: many thanks
: jim

Look into all the Guild's, and Martin's in your price range. You might be able to get a Gibson Song Bird at that price as well. Just go to a music store, and see what you like, with that kind of money you could get something good

Heritage H-550 Hollow Body

This guitar has a 25 1/2 in scale length. Does anyone know the neck RADIUS?
Thanks.

total guitar magazine

Where can I find a database of all the songs in Total Guitar - from issue 35 onwards.

Re: total guitar magazine

:I am desperately looking for a transcription of Mond Tanz by Blackmore's night. The tune was on the T.G. volume 45. If someone could help me i would be very grateful. (tab or traditional notation,i don`t care. A great tune you know.
Thanks.

: :I am desperately looking for a transcription of Mond Tanz by Blackmore's night. The tune was on the T.G. volume 45. If someone could help me i would be very grateful. (tab or traditional notation,i don`t care. A great tune you know.
: Thanks.

Re: FERNANDES GUITARS

Does any one apart from me own a fernandes guitar in England ?

: Please can u give me the right guitar tabs to Fade to Black. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!11

Re: total guitar magazine i gave my credit details to buy

: havent heard from total guitar since
worried
looking forward to an answer.

: Which was year od first pubishing issue of Total guitar Magazine? 1994? Could you send me a completly data?
Thank you, J.S.

where can i get an issue of the total guitar magazine with james hetfield and kirk hamet on the cover. I think it was available on feb. 18th and i missed i would really appreciate the help

RE 'LOGIC FUN' SOFTWARE

RE 'logic fun' Software on oct 2001 cd is there any way I can use it on windows xp or get it on a future TG cd .look forward to a reply thanks

Where is B B King on the top 100 guitarists of all-time?

: Where can I find a database of all the songs in Total Guitar - from issue 35 onwards.

I can help with the listing for issue #39, because my own band "Such Perfect Liars" were on the cover disk.

Regards
Steve Gad (Former SPL front man)
: : Where can I find a database of all the songs in Total Guitar - from issue 35 onwards.

4 track analog recording

Currently using Yamaha 4 trk recorder, miking 6 and 12 string acoustic Taylor 714 and 755, using Shure 4.1 mikes, but not quite able to get back the sound that comes out of my guitars. Have an AMP pre-amp, not using any effects. what can I do to improve sound quality short of going digital? Mostly fingerpicking without fingerpicks, ballads and instrumental.

Re: 4 track analog recording

Hmm.I use an acoustic pickup on my guitar.Barkus Berry
made some nice pickups for acoustics.
Good Luck

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.