Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: soundcity schematics

: does anyone know a website/page with soundcity schematics (1973 120r made in england)
: it has 8 - 12ax7 and 6 - el34's ,is 120 watts w/ reverb.
: i plan on modifing it , maybe 5150 II ,marshall jcm 800
: , or mesa bogie style sound ,what's more versitile?
circuit is in pittman book

Bass Guitar ultimate set up, Help!?

I am currently playing with a 60's mostrite bass. In my band I am competing with 2 half stack guitar set ups. Now when we play live there is no problem ( being hooked up to the sound system and all) however in practice with my 8X10 ampeg cabinet and a 600 watt Acoustic head being driven by a Fender side-kick practice amp, I can still, barely come through in the overall sound! Could someone plaese help me to find the ulimate set-up! I don't care if I'm too loud because a least in that respect I can always turn the volumne down, I would just prefer to have the most kick-ass set-up. I've been told that everything from "Ampeg" to "Galien Kruger" is the way to go, but I need solid facts!! Recently I purchased another speaker cabinet, 4x10 Ampeg pro series to go with my 8x10 set up and it is helping but I'm not entirely sold on the "Acoustic" head! An d please no info on"SWR", been there done that. By the way my band plays staight forward Rock & Roll to give further info on the sound and quality I'm shooting for!

So basically, please fill me in on the "Best" set up ever!!! By the way I play with my fingers and I have an awfully heavy hand. My goal is to have the Punchiest, Warmest, Fattest sound ever like the sounds produced by Eric Avery of Jane's Addiction, Chris Novaselich of Nirvana, John Paul Jones of Zepplin & Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam!

Would any one recomend Matamp (Green) or Orange to be the end-up be all of heaviness?

And what about the ultimate dilemma between Solid State vs. Tubes!!??

Thanx in advance!! Craig Duke

Re: Bass Guitar ultimate set up, Help!?

I need help setup my bass is there a book in store that i can buy that teach how to setup my bass thank you

Linebaker KB120 from LANEY

Do you have any informations about the Linebaker KB120 from LANEY.
Thanks.

Re: Linebaker KB120 from LANEY

Go and check the picts at
http://www.pyramidance.be/avendre/laney.htm
I have one myself, it's a powerfull mono keyboard amp (120w).

ANYONE GOT ANY INFO ON SOLDANO COMBOS

ANYONE GOT ANY INFO ON SOLDANO COMBOS

This popular thread has been given its own page : ANYONE GOT ANY INFO ON SOLDANO COMBOS

Can we block this server's posts

The racist shit has to stop. I can put up with you slamming everyone's posts, but this is the worst.
Can we block Bob the asshole posts? No talent, invisible internet pussy.

Re: Can we block this server's posts

That racist shit is definatly stupid.But try not to let
those guys bother you.They're not worth responding to
or getting angry at.And they know it!! So,lets keep this site positive and fun...ignore 'em.
Good Luck

BaSS JoKeS!

I'm a bass player myself, so dont take this joke personally :P

It's little Johnny's 14th birthday, and his dad buys him a funky Ibanez bass and arranges bass lessons for him.

After his first lesson, his dad asked him what he had learned that day."I learned the first 5 notes on the E string dad!".The father replied that it was good.

After his secondlesson, his dad asked him again what he had learned that day."I learned the first 5 notes on the A string dad!".The father was quite pleased.

Later that week, Johnny went for his third lesson, only to return home as drunk as hell. His dad furiously asked where the hell he had been.He replied in a classic drunk voice: "Sorry dad, I couldnt make it to my lessons, I had a gig!"

Enjoy!

can anyone tell me the value of my Taylor 420R

my message is the same as my heading

Re: can anyone tell me the value of my Taylor 420R

I have seen these priced at $1100 and $1400. If you still wanted to sell it I would buy it from you for $900.

anyone know what my S.D. Curlee intl is worth,it was made in the 70's

anyone know what my S.D. Curlee intl is worth,it was made in the 70's

This popular thread has been given its own page : anyone know what my S.D. Curlee intl is worth,it was made in the 70's

Cort M500-M600

Cort M500-M600

This popular thread has been given its own page : Cort M500-M600

Rickenbacker Pick Up Modification Question

Rickenbacker Pick Up Modification Question

This popular thread has been given its own page : Rickenbacker Pick Up Modification Question

What are the top 3 best electic guitars in the world?

What are the top 3 electric guitars in the world? Make and model.

Re: What are the top 3 best electic guitars in the world?

1. Any pre 1982 Charvel
2. 1978 BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme
3. I like the Brian Moore 7 strings.

I doubt you will find many who agree with me though.
Most people will say any 50's or 60's Fender or Gibson. Way before my time though.

Jj

: 1. Any pre 1982 Charvel
: 2. 1978 BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme
: 3. I like the Brian Moore 7 strings.

: I doubt you will find many who agree with me though.
: Most people will say any 50's or 60's Fender or Gibson. Way before my time though.

: Jj

:Bah humbug. 61 345 STOP tail, ANY Byrdland, pre 69,ANY McInturff. The NEWER Strat's are BETTER than the old ones. I know,I had a 56.Oh,an original Korina FlyingV.

: What are the top 3 electric guitars in the world? Make and model.

strat,les paul,charvel

: Well combining personal opinion, plus collectibility, plus flat out coolness:
1. 1959 Gibson Les Paul
2. 1958 Rickenbacker 325
3. 1960 Fender Stratocaster

No order.

: : Well combining personal opinion, plus collectibility, plus flat out coolness:
: 1. 2003 Tom Delonge Gibson guitar
: 2. 1999 Tom Delonge Fender stratocaster no longer in stock
: 3. And i guess the 1959 gibson les paul

: No order.

1)62' Stratocastor
2)My '77 Les Paul
3)68(?)Gibson S.G. It wasn't mine,but played it.
YEAH,baby,YEAH!!

ESP Kirk Hammet KH-2
PRS Singlecut
Ibanez Joe Satriani JS 1000

I just love the ESP Kirk Hammet KH-2....do you have any pics of it? plz send them.. I LOVE ESP KH-2

Squier Strat
ESP Kirk model
anything but a Les Paul

: : What are the top 3 electric guitars in the world? Make and model.

: 2001 Racing car
: 1967 sinqt fanatic
: elo 177 rugay

Fender stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul
Fender Squier

#1 - 59 Gibson Les Paul, winner on absolute coolness
#2 - PRS Custom 24, because of it's unparalleled range of kickass clean and dirty tones, and the cool bird fret inlays
#3 - Eddie Van Halens Franken-Strat home made job, reponsible for the thickest coolest tone of the big hair shred metal decade

: What are the top 3 electric guitars in the world? Make and model. I think the 3 best electric guitars in the world a are Gibson Ibanez and Fender

1.The Showmaster Custom Fender Stratocastor
2.Gibson Les Paul
3.Squire Strat
Now what are the three best amps?

LEs Paul, Strat, 335

LEs Paul, Strat, 335

Bullskee

What are the best amps around

What are some good amps?

Re: What are the best amps around

Now this is a matter of opinion. What type of music do you play?
My personal favorites are the Matchless Clubman and the Soldano Atomic. An old Orange Graphic and too bad either!

Jj

: Now this is a matter of opinion. What type of music do you play?
: My personal favorites are the Matchless Clubman and the Soldano Atomic. An old Orange Graphic and too bad either!

: Jj
: Must agree on the Soldano A 16. For the $$ you CANNOT beat it. Plug it into a 2/4-12 cab,and it sounds GREAT. If you use it by itself,change the spkr. But 1-12 amps don't do justice(generally) to the amp w/only 1 spkr. It's a BEST BUY!

id say one of the best amps around would have to be autotek they have always been a good name i have an autotek mx-850 and 4 jl audio w6 and it throws them autotek is great!!!!!

Vox AC30! Wheres your taste? It is the best amp of all times. Trust me.

: What are some good amps?
Can't go wrong with blackface fenders, still readily available and cheap. Vox Ac-30, Orange, Marshall TSL,
mesa Restifiers.....

: What are some good amps?

Line 6 Flextones,Peavey 5150(what I use),and of course the Mesa Rectifiers

Whew!!That's a tough question.
I love my Twin Reverb.With a good distortion unit,she's
all the amp I need.
2)Gotta Old Carvin head(model??)SMOKIN'!!
3)The Solando(?)is very good
Those are my favorites

Marshall Silver Jubilee - Marshall JCM800 2210 Marshall 72 Super Lead IMO
Rai
www.simple168.com

Oooooooo!!!
That silver Jubilee is a good one! 72 Super Lead is a classic also!

!!!! HELP !!!! Want to learn how to play the guitar MESS.

Hi Everyone,
I am 43 and I would like to learn how to play
the guitar. Could anyone help me by telling me
what is the best information for quick learning
I could purchase.
I recently purchased a 50 Anniversary Fender Stratocaster Roland Rocker Guitar a Taylor 312C Acoustic and Cort Matt Mattison electric but
I cannot play and I need your help with advice.
Thank You in advance.
Troy Bates

Re: !!!! HELP !!!! Want to learn how to play the guitar MESS.

hello Paul,ive been a guitarists going on 35 years and finally got sick to death of standard lessons.Started my own web site with a much simpler method of learning.The thing to remember is (depending on your goals),theres no secret to playing and learning quick. IT DOES REQUIRE COMMITTMENT from the person wanting to learn.Not to discourage you ,most people quit quick because going by what your standard lesson teaches,are just too lengthy and confusing,at best.Ive developed a much simpler course,by starting small.The most played chords at first,master this 15 page crash course before trying to advance,and your on your way .once you understand how to use the guitar ,then everything falls in place as time goes on.I always ignore chord books and Tabs!Tabs , what a headache!!You have to be advanced enouph just to read them.Some guitar instructors fail to remember what it was like when they started .I created this course because I got tired of people asking for lessons,unfortunately I dont have the patients for that one on one thing.So I put it on file and hope to help frustrated beginners.There is only one problem,my server messed up and my site is temp. down. But it will be up and running,and your welcome to check it out.(www.rockad.com/guitarworks/ ) check it daily and tell your friends..Let me know if it helped ,OK?Good luck to you.

need to find where and when my guitar was made

I bought this guitar at a pawn shop a couple months ago. I don't know where it was made. The serial number is MN414879. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me find out some information about it. Thanks!

Re: need to find where and when my guitar was made

: I bought this guitar at a pawn shop a couple months ago. I don't know where it was made. The serial number is MN414879. It is a Fender Stratocaster. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me find out some information about it. Thanks!

Hi,

MN indicates that it was made in Mexico. That I am sure of. Now, I have heard that the last 2 digits are the year reversed. In your case, 1997. But that I can not confirm.

Hope this helps!

Jj

Do you have a model number on the guitar? If you find this I could tell you exactly what year it was made. I could even tell you what factory!

Jj

I have a Galveston guitar DRW987-4EQ are the model numbers I think. And the Criterion is Q/SR984-97. If you could also please tell me how much this guitar would cost. Thanks

What quality is Cort AJA50 acoustic guitar? thanks

What quality and price range is Cort acoustic guitar model AJA50? Thanks. <tandtjones1@netzero.com>

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.