Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2001

Advertisement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Guitar Effects

any guitar multi-effect will do that for you.
cheaper one from zoom505II, rp-100,rp-200,zoomgfx707
to
more more expensive one boss gt-3, gt-5, pod

juz check out the muic website like musiciansfriend.com
u can view the user review about the product at
http://www.harmony-central.com/User_Reviews/

Re: Guitar Effects

I would totally recomend the roland gt-5 or gt-3. If you want to see it used in a real application, goto guitarmania.digevent.com.. check out the archives there. Trust me, it'll make you want to buy one!
Phil

: I've just recently started using a few pedals ... rather than buying a half dozen pedals, is there such a thing a a multi-effect box, such as a midi for electric piano, one can use for guitar? Mostly looking for jazz & chorus out of an accoustic/electric tak. Thanks ... Steve

Help needed

I'm looking for anyone who would like to help out with a guitarsite in anyway. If you would, please post a message on the dot-bands forum at:
http://www.dot-bands.com/forum.php

Thanks

Paul

easy chords and capos

i need to find easy chords.. like the lil drawings of the neck of the guitar with where i put my fingers, for ani difranco, cowboy junkies, indigo girls, jewel, and the like. e-mail me... i need help.

Re: easy chords and capos

do a search for OLGA......it the online archive for tabliture....and there are a few different formats that you can download......I dont think that they actually have the fingering on them but you should get a chord book or find one online to show you the fingering........I think if you look up harmonycentral.com they have everything you need.....have fun ....Trip

HELP ME FIND A 100w MARSHALL TUBE AMP

DOES MARSHALL MAKE A 100w tube amp? if so what? i cant seem to find one.
thanx
james

Re: HELP ME FIND A 100w MARSHALL TUBE AMP

: DOES MARSHALL MAKE A 100w tube amp? if so what? i cant seem to find one.
: thanx
: james

Hi James,
Here's the Musician's Friend page of the soon to be retired JCM 900 SL-X. The 2100 model's
high power setting is 100 w. ROCK ON!!

OH! Forgot the page. http://www.olywa.net/blame/br01210.htm

Now, ROCK ON!!

My first two followups got switched somehow. Read the bottom one first.

Lamar

FREE guitar lessons for anybody!!!

here's the deal, I intern at a company called digevent.com... they asked me to go online to message boards and stuff and spread the word on a show we do. We do live interactive webcasts... One of our shows is a guitar show. It is totally interactive, with live audio and video, and also has slides that go with it. It will work and any internet connection, from 28.8k to cable and dsl. We have live shows every friday at 4:00pm pacific time, but (and this is part of my job) we archive every show so you can watch it any time of the day any amount of times. We have no advertisers, and we don't make you pay. It's totally worth checking out....
here's the url
guitarmania.digevent.com
We do have some free giveaways, we've been giving away guitar world magazine subscriptions, and the praxax. So check it out.
Thanks
Phil
(please post a followup and rate the site!!!)
I wanted to add that the instruction is for beginner to advanced, and if you use a gt-5 or gt-3 then you will really love this show!
thanks again!

What's the model Number of this IBANEZ guitar? it's not written on the guitar!!

can anyone tell the model of this guitar?

the words "RG series" is writen on the tuning area, but no model number
the series number "f504069" is written there also
i bought it in 1999
it should be manufactured btw 1995-1997

body, hardware,tremolo--black
24 fret
black scartch plate with white strip at the edge
5 pickups.. 5 switch selector

what about it's specification?

Re: What's the model Number of this IBANEZ guitar? it's not written on the guitar!!

: Either a 570 or a 770.

PICK UPS

IS IT POSSIBLE TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR PICKUPS
MAGNETICALLY BY LEANING A GUITAR AGAINST A SPEAKER
CABINET. SORT OF HOW YOU CAN MESS UP A TV'S PICTURE
BY PUTTING A SPEAKERS MAGNET TOO CLOSE TO IT ??????.

Re: PICK UPS

No.I don't think so.Guitar magnets tend to be very strong,made from metal chunks(Alnico,ceramic).I think it would take a lot more to harm them.The main concern here is the coil windings,very delicate.But another magnetic source should'nt bother them either.
Good Luck

i love it

hi there who ever u r
give me some tips n chords to play acustic guitars
i wanna make a rock band

Manuals

Does anyone know where I can find instruction booklets for an Ibanez PT5 guitar processor
and a Zoom 506 bass pedal?

Re: Manuals

: Does anyone know where I can find instruction booklets for an Ibanez PT5 guitar processor
: and a Zoom 506 bass pedal?
Hi there, im after a manual for the Ibanez PT3 dx too, did you ever get one and can you let me know how I can?!!!
Regards, Julyan.

: Does anyone know where I can find instruction booklets for an Ibanez PT5 guitar processor

Contact me, I can help you out with the PT5

I can help you

I got a zoom 506 bass processor tell me what you would like to know and i will answer you. It is like other multi effect but the ZNR zoom noise reducter only belong to zoom's effect nice to know you. I hope you have this e-mail .

i really need instruction manuals to a zoom bfx-708 digital effects pedal and a zoom 505 effects pedal

make friend with you !

i am in CHINA.I love Guitar very much...i want to make a good friend with you..i am curiously...

in our country.there are no good guitar for me.such as Fendar..GIbusen..
expect your mail for me..
i am sorry for my poor English..

Re: make friend with you !

: i am in CHINA.I love Guitar very much...i want to make a good friend with you..i am curiously...

: in our country.there are no good guitar for me.such as Fendar..GIbusen..
: expect your mail for me..
: i am sorry for my poor English..

Hi hethy, what exactly is it you're asking here? please clarify if you can.

Re: make friend with you !

hi there,

i understand your situation. i have a china gf from shen yan. the information about the guitar is very limited there in china. I am now in UK. mail me for if u need any help. u can type in chinese , i can read.
email:tommyyhc@hotmail.com

help!.. looking for a pocket amp

i remember seeing years ago, there was a company that hand-made amps that fit inside a cigarette pack... you could even send them an empty pack of your favorites and they would fill it with the amp! i also seem to remember that the group Boston used these amps (or something like them) to record an album in 87or 88..... i need to know what company it was/is now.. and/or if there is anything that small still on the market!.... please any help would be WONDERFUL! thanks

Re: help!.. looking for a pocket amp

These amps are still around. I got mine several months ago and it is pretty cool. They won't work in live applications,really. They are the Smokey amps. They sill come in the "cigarette" boxes, you can get them in practically every brand. They also are available in some cool hard plastic models in various colors. The cool thing is, believe it or not, these tiny little guys can power a 4x12 cabinet, or you can use it in an effects chain as a fuzz box. Quite cool!!! Musicians Friend has them, but you can find them in almost any music store, they run about 25-30 bucks. I hope this helps.

Re: help!.. looking for a pocket amp

I want one too badly.
where can I find one.

Hotaka semi-acoustic

I've just bought a lovely 335-type semi-acoustic made by a company called Hotaka. All I know about them is that they are/were a Japanese company and that the guitar was probably made in the 70s. Does anyone have more information about the company and their guitars? Does anyone own a Hotaka? Mine has a flametop maple body with rosewood fingerboard and gold-coloured hardware. It looks great and plays very well!

Re: Hotaka semi-acoustic

: I've just bought a lovely 335-type semi-acoustic made by a company called Hotaka.

Hi charlotte,Ive got a hotaka acoustic which i bought as a kid in the 70s.Its nuthin special but good for bluesy ragtime pickin. I never found out much about them

Edge-style Patches for Boss GT3

Hi. Can anyone point me in the right direction for GT3 patches emulating sounds used by U2's The Edge on Pride / In Gods Country. You know what I mean.

Ta

Re: Edge-style Patches for Boss GT3

http://gt-3.vddh.com

HELP!! Beginner Guitarist wanting to buy an electric guitar!!!

Help, I am a beginning guitarist looking to buy an electric guitar. Is the Ibanez GSA60 any good? I am looking to play Jazz and Rock.

Re: HELP!! Beginner Guitarist wanting to buy an electric guitar!!!

i dont know about those, but i got a cheap cheap squier strat and i like it knowing i only paid $120 for it

: you can check out the Epiphone Les Paul, or the export Washburn BT series, both at around $400. a bit more pricier than your entry level guitar, but something you could hang on to for a longer time. if you're going to get a used guitar, take someone knowledgeable with you, because you don't know what those instruments went through. good luck with your playing. :)
-Slade

i agree with the guy who left the other message.. i own an american deluxe stat and it is the most versitile guitar ive played and the squires are surprisingly close for their price..also the jazz community can be "cliquey?" so you might want to avoig imports they tend not to like them

Don't buy new!!!!!

Alright if your looking for a GOOD guitar then a fender strat is a bad idea. They are great don't get me wrong but only the high-end strat -- at least an american stadnard or better. The thing is they are overpriced. You are paying a lot of money for a start that you will need to upgrade to make it sound good. Ibanez sounds like a mistake if you want to play any jazz. How about a strat copy and put some really good pickups in them. You can keep the pickups when you upgrade the guitar and that it would sound as good as a 700.- strat amongst the fact that if you are starting out you prob. will not have the best amp and a bad amp will make any guitar sound like shit.
Take a look at the entry level yamaha's. They aren't that bad. Don't buy a squire strat!!
good luck

Re: Don't buy new!!!!!

I second this. My first guitar was a cheap and new one, and boy did it suck. There are ALWAYS good deal to be had on used stuff that sounds and feels right, but maybe looks sorta ugly.
-Rick

Re: Don't buy new!!!!!

Dude, The guy asked for some advice on buying a first electric, he doesn't need to start thinking about upgrades and after-market pickups quite yet. I agree with you that, if he wants to play some jazz, he should stay away from Ibanez (at least their solidbody's). But, as for your thoughts on Fender, I can't disagree more, true, the Mexican Strats aren't the greatest, they don't have the same quality of workmanship that the American Strats do, but let's not forget this is a FIRST electric. I would recommend a Mexi Strat to anyone buying an electric that doesn't want to (or can't) spend alot of money on a guitar. For a starter electric, I can't think of a more versatile guitar than a Mexi or Japanese Strat. But, you are soooo right about the Squire's....CRAP!!!

rp2000

does anyone know a page for sample sound for the rp2k

Re: rp2000

that wouldnt do ya any good.........you just gotta take YOUR guitar to the store and plug up to the closest thing to your amp and find out if ya like it.....I compared the Jstation the POD and RP2000 all together and for me the RP2000 was the winner.....happy hunting......Trip

HOHNER:is this a good guitar

Is a hohner (?) acoustic/electric a good guitar. my friend said he will sell me a fairly new one in wine red for about 150 dollars. is this a good buy??

60 watt tube amp

i've got a big roland Jc but i want a small tube amp with warm overdrive at moderate volume max 30 watts

Toneworks Axg1

Toneworks Axg1

This popular thread has been given its own page : Toneworks Axg1

tuning to C,G,C,F,A,D

I need help tuning my electric guitar down to C,G,C,F,A,D. I know how to do dropped D an standard but i dont know how to do C my tuner doesnt have it an i dont know the sound of a C by ear.can any1 help me id really appreciate it?

Re: tuning to C,G,C,F,A,D

If you can do Drop D Right - Once it's at drop D- tune your low string to match the 3rd fret 5th string - i fyou are in standard tuning this will be C - Just tune everything from that one note there on once your lowest string is at C - Good Luck -
Rai
www.SimpLe168.com

can anyone please give me step by step on how to tune from, standard tuning.. to c,g,c,f,a,d? i would greatly appreciate that.

I still am very confused. I can tune 2 drop d and standard e. but my guitar goes way outta wack when i follow ur order, and plus when u say low string, u mean the string above A in a standard tuning, right>?

can you create a whammy effect with a korg ax1g?

can you create a whammy effect with a korg ax1g? tell me if im just dreaming

Re: can you create a whammy effect with a korg ax1g?

: can you create a whammy effect with a korg ax1g? tell me if im just dreaming

maybe with a little bit of distortion and using the bender effect with de pedal

PAF pickups what are the best for a ce-24 PRS

Anybody kno anything about the seymour dincan blues sarenceno or custom custom. Need a killer bridge pickup for a powerful vlues sound. I am willing to spend whatever if it is good so give me all your suggestions.

Re: PAF pickups what are the best for a ce-24 PRS

Have you been to the Seymour Duncan discussion board?
http://www.seymourduncan.com/cgi-bin/bbs?bb=sduncan
Ask your stuff here, and lots of people will help you.
There are other good pickups out there PAF-wise, especially if money is no object. Fralins or Harmonic Designs are both supposed to be great but really pricey.
-Rick

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.