Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2001

Advertisement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

low powered tweed twin 5D8 power transformer specs ?

what are the specs for Leo Fenders power trannies in the 5D8 and 5E8 low powered tweed twins and what currently available transformers will work there? Also, the output trannies, although MOJO does have that one listed. thanx!

Re: low powered tweed twin 5D8 power transformer specs ?

I am looking for that information too. Did you ever come up with anything? Mercury magnetics will sell a set but I dont know the specs. I bet you can call there and talk to a tech.
paul
Paul

JTM 45 transformers for 59 Bassman 5F6-A circuit ?

Gerald Weber has a pretty good chapter in his book on why the original Marshall JTM 45 is the exact same circuit as the Fender 59 Bassman 5F6-A but sounds like a Marshall. 1)aluminum chassis, no problem!,although the original thickness and layout would save some guess work. 2)British transformers! Specs? What's available now? From Who? What made them different from the Fender transformers? THANX !

Framus Electric Hollowbody

I just purchased a 65' Framus. It is similar to the second guitar on the right on the Framus fans 1 see link:(http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Balcony/1638/framus1.htm) page except it has 3 pickups. I need info on the wiring. If you know anyone with any info on the guitar, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Johnny Victor

framus jazz guitar

Hello evrybody,

I.ve got a Framus guitar of my fathers and I'm trying to get more information about it. Who knows more about a Framus with number: 22937-F58 It's a jazz guitar.
Í'd love to get more information about the history ect.
I might be selling it but the price ???? If somebody helps me; it would be great.

DM-2

I have a sigma DM-2 with an internal pick up but no EQ.
I'm trying to do a trade but don't know what it's worth
Can anyone help?

Rick

Re: DM-2

: I have a sigma DM-2 with an internal pick up but no EQ.
: I'm trying to do a trade but don't know what it's worth
: Can anyone help?

: Rick

Rick, My DM-2 had an unfortunate accident, emphasis on (Dent). I could afford a better guitar, but have fallen in love with my DM-2. How much would you want for it? Mine was about 10 years when I bought it 6 years ago, for $150.

big hands & fingers

is there anybody that can think of a way of making my
fingers slimmer?...i've been gifted with big finger and
i'm worried that it will interfere with my playing when
i get to a point that, to advance, i'll need those
thin fingers....i hope this doesn't sound ridiculous..

thank you for your time
miguel

p.s. for the ladies---> big figers does not + huge penis
hehehe ;o)

big hands & fingers

is there anybody that can think of a way of making my
fingers slimmer?...i've been gifted with big finger and
i'm worried that it will interfere with my playing when
i get to a point that, to advance, i'll need those
thin fingers....i hope this doesn't sound ridiculous..

thank you for your time
miguel

p.s. for the ladies---> big fingers does not = huge penis
hehehe ;o)

Re: big hands & fingers

hey dude, you M from the vaichat board? never mind if your not.

stubby fingers are a problem, but you know, hendrix had stubby fingers! anyway, try physical excersies like trilling, stretching and general widdling.. ive widdled every day for hours for a few years now, and my hands are really very very physically different, with my fretting hand having slimmer fingers.

you could try lipo-suction ho ho ho!

later

~d

www.insaneguitar.net

I have the same problem but I would not want slimmer fingers. I always buzz some of my strings. I am thinking the PRS wide thin neck might help or a guitar with a wider neck. You can also have a custom neck made to compensate for this. This is what I will eventually have to do. See if there are any wider necked guitars already available.

: actually miguel that does sound rediculous. However there is hope. learn slide.

tri o.d. tech21 nyc,settings,help needed

Hi I would like to know if someone could advice me about some cool settings for tri o.d. pedal
thanx

big hands

Shhh! Don't fold your hand to soon. Wait til ya get 'em home to tell them about the big hands issue.

Re: big hands

take a look at a picture of Jimi Hendrix. fingers like a bunch of Havana cigars!

Have you seen this website for up and coming bands?

Just wondering if you'd seen the site for Flicker Records.

They put up song files for CC bands and invite people to vote on them.

You may want to check it out:
http://www.flickerrecords.com/ar/artist.php3?id=572
http://www.flickerrecords.com/

looking for a used accoustic/electric guitar

Hi,

I'm looking for an accoustic/electric guitar please.

thanks,
Pao!

Re: looking for a used accoustic/electric guitar

: Hi,

: I'm looking for an accoustic/electric guitar please.

: thanks,
: Pao!

I've got a very clean Peavey Acoustic. Model SD-11P. Handmade in Finland. Solid Alpine Spruce top with a Mahogony back and sides. Beautiful highly figured Rosewood fingerboard. I installed a Fishman Prefix system, so has pro electronics. With new fiberglass hard shell case. Price is $750 or best offer

Re: looking for a used accoustic/electric guitar

: Hi,

: I'm looking for an accoustic/electric guitar please.

: thanks,
: Pao!
how much?i have one please mail me ..

send me blues lessons

send me some techniques of blues pattern with lesson

"Relicing" a guitar

I bought a cheap strat because I wanted to try making it look old, scratches, worn off paint, chips, etc. If anyone has had success with this I would appreciate some advice. Thanks.

Re: "Relicing" a guitar

Really the best way is to play the hell out of it. Genuine wear & tear.

You could give me $500 and the guitar and I'll beat the hell out of it for you and then give it back.

: Remove the neck and electronics from the body. Coat the bridge mechanics with vaseline. Then bury the body in the back yard for 3 months. Take a hot iron and iron the neck. This will mar the clear coat.

I've found that by simply chipping at the paint with a sharpish flathead screwdriver until you get close to the wood grain is best. But scrap carefully and with the grain of the wood (i.e. from the back of the guitar to towards the neck and NOT up and down). Once the wood starts to get exposed sand the area with a fairly abrasive grade of sand paper and then use some low grade wire wool on the area to really smooth it out. Also, rub the wire wool onto the paint surrounding the very edge of the exposed area to get a less obvious look. Once you have the shape of the area exposed you are happy with use a pine/vintage coloured wood stainer on the area to darken it up and it'll look great. I also suggest putting a few other very small nicks and knocks on the guitar around the bottom and edges (pretty small) using the same method. I hope this helps, Marc

PA Blues Bassist available

Adult, experienced bassist with pro grear and grown-up attitude looking for Blues, Blues-Rock, R&B band
some vocal ability, some PA gear.

Located in south central Pennsylvania

Re: Looking for Blues Bassist

: Adult, experienced bassist with pro grear and grown-up attitude looking for Blues, Blues-Rock, R&B band
: some vocal ability, some PA gear.

: Located in south central Pennsylvania

Well actually I'm looking for a blues female bassist, but if your that good then the hell with it. I'm in up-coming blues-rock band and we're having the hardest time looking for a blues female bassist or any blues bassist, until I came across your ad, so I had to respond. If you fit the age requirement, which is 19 to 28, please respond. If not, but you don't look your age then like I said "The hell with it". It's all about the music, however it's about image too, because that's going to attract the buying public(which is mostly women, but that's another story). So if your interest, because I talked too much already e-mail me at wizarlehayz@yahoo.com

P.S We live in Philly (PA)

Re: Looking for Blues Bassist

: : Adult, experienced bassist with pro grear and grown-up attitude looking for Blues, Blues-Rock, R&B band
: : some vocal ability, some PA gear.

: : Located in south central Pennsylvania

: Well actually I'm looking for a female blues bassist, but if your that good then the hell with it. I'm in an up-coming blues-rock band and we're having the hardest time looking for a female blues bassist or any blues bassist, until I came across your ad, so I had to respond. If you fit the age requirement, which is 19 to 28, please respond. If not, but you don't look your age then like I said "The hell with it". It's all about the music, however it's about image too, because that's going to attract the buying public(which is mostly women, but that's another story). So if your interest, because I talked too much already e-mail me at wizarlehayz@yahoo.com

: P.S We live in Philly (PA)

Gary Jacobs guitars

Gary Jacobs guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gary Jacobs guitars

Awesome

Awesome

This popular thread has been given its own page : Awesome

Altarules

<a href="http://simranworld.tripod.com">SIMRAN</a>
http://simranworld.tripod.com

Re: Altarules

Altarules! YEHA
<A HREF=http://sathish.gq.nu>sathish</A>

Daion Legacy L-999

I'm looking for a small guitar I saw once in a music store-- the Daion Legacy. Does anyone know of one or if one is for sale? Thanks.

Re: Daion Legacy L-999

: I'm looking for a small guitar I saw once in a music store-- the Daion Legacy. Does anyone know of one or if one is for sale? Thanks.

I just sold one on ebay for $300...where were you?

Buy My Axe!

I have a Taylor Model 810 and H.S. case. I've had an emergency rear it's head and must sell it. Please only serious buyers respond. Thankyou.

EMG pickups?

I was told that the 85 and 60 models are the most natural sounding EMGs. Do they respond well with picking dynamics? The 81 is described as being really hot, with alot of presence, so I doubt that particular model ahs the dynamics and overtones I'm looking for. But what about the 85 and 60 models? I recently bought an old black Jackson strat with an alder body, maple strat headstock neck with a maple fretboard, floyd rose and one jackson J-90 pickup from my brother in law. It's in pretty good shape, so I want to replace the super cruddy J-90 and make it my main guitar. I've been researching all kinds of pickups, trying to find the right one for this ax. I'm thinking, from the descriptions I've been reading on 85 and 60 model, that one of these might work nicely in this ax. But the picking dynamics issue has me wondering. My benchmark for a lead tone is what Adrian Smith got on "Somewhere In Time". I've yet to hear a lead tone in heavy metal that's a dynamic as that. It's so clear and crystally sounding. You can hear the plectrum hitting the strings, and the overtones just bloom with each note. When he hits those natural harmonics it makes my hair stand up. I realize that a big part of his tone is his outstanding phrasing. But if I could get close to that sound, I could die happy. So I guess the lead tone I'm looking for could be desribed as, icy, but warm, crystally, very clear with excellent picking dynamics and overtones. Will EMGs work for me?

Re: EMG pickups? and extra 9v battery hook up

: I was told that the 85 and 60 models are the most natural sounding EMGs. Do they respond well with picking dynamics? The 81 is described as being really hot, with alot of presence, so I doubt that particular model ahs the dynamics and overtones I'm looking for. But what about the 85 and 60 models? I recently bought an old black Jackson strat with an alder body, maple strat headstock neck with a maple fretboard, floyd rose and one jackson J-90 pickup from my brother in law. It's in pretty good shape, so I want to replace the super cruddy J-90 and make it my main guitar. I've been researching all kinds of pickups, trying to find the right one for this ax. I'm thinking, from the descriptions I've been reading on 85 and 60 model, that one of these might work nicely in this ax. But the picking dynamics issue has me wondering. My benchmark for a lead tone is what Adrian Smith got on "Somewhere In Time". I've yet to hear a lead tone in heavy metal that's a dynamic as that. It's so clear and crystally sounding. You can hear the plectrum hitting the strings, and the overtones just bloom with each note. When he hits those natural harmonics it makes my hair stand up. I realize that a big part of his tone is his outstanding phrasing. But if I could get close to that sound, I could die happy. So I guess the lead tone I'm looking for could be desribed as, icy, but warm, crystally, very clear with excellent picking dynamics and overtones. Will EMGs work for me?

Re: EMG pickups?

: I was told that the 85 and 60 models are the most natural sounding EMGs. Do they respond well with picking dynamics? The 81 is described as being really hot, with alot of presence, so I doubt that particular model ahs the dynamics and overtones I'm looking for. But what about the 85 and 60 models? I recently bought an old black Jackson strat with an alder body, maple strat headstock neck with a maple fretboard, floyd rose and one jackson J-90 pickup from my brother in law. It's in pretty good shape, so I want to replace the super cruddy J-90 and make it my main guitar. I've been researching all kinds of pickups, trying to find the right one for this ax. I'm thinking, from the descriptions I've been reading on 85 and 60 model, that one of these might work nicely in this ax. But the picking dynamics issue has me wondering. My benchmark for a lead tone is what Adrian Smith got on "Somewhere In Time". I've yet to hear a lead tone in heavy metal that's a dynamic as that. It's so clear and crystally sounding. You can hear the plectrum hitting the strings, and the overtones just bloom with each note. When he hits those natural harmonics it makes my hair stand up. I realize that a big part of his tone is his outstanding phrasing. But if I could get close to that sound, I could die happy. So I guess the lead tone I'm looking for could be desribed as, icy, but warm, crystally, very clear with excellent picking dynamics and overtones. Will EMGs work for me?

LACE SENSORS

Find me a killer band!

I need to record! E-mail me. I live in Hawaii. I am a talentd guitarist! You need me!

Re: Find me a killer band!

: I hear Don Ho is looking for fresh talent. You seem fresh enough. Know tiny bubbles?

Need help installing Reverb unit

I want to put a reverb unit into my 1979 Marshall 100watt Super lead head. Any know how out there? I want to buy one from Torres engineering but need help installing it. I live in the Bay Area,CA.

ibanez effect and talkbox

Formost, I have an Ibanez pue5 tube, is ther any info on settings and sounds I now i can play around but anyway... And about talkbox info any is welcome.

Re: ibanez effect pue5

I need to know the potenziometer's value of pue5,because mine are broken.It's possible to know who is the producer of them?

question

I need a schems of Ibanez guitar effect and amplifier.Thanks

could u tell me about the jazz guitar theory?

i really interest in learning jazz guitar, teach me about the theory and the principles please?

Re: could u tell me about the jazz guitar theory?

: i really interest in learning jazz guitar, teach me about the theory and the principles please?

go check out //guitarmasters.com/.......lots of well crafted pages with theory, scales and lots of info

So you think you can shred, do you...?

... well, you can get better!

goto www.insaneguitar.net for the best free shred lessons on the net, with guest artists contributing columns every month. This month, Micheal Angelo's MACE Record Label shred artist Tom Koptyo.

later

~d

tapping anybody knows

hello and hi

well im from singapore and this is my fist time posting up to a disscussion board if anybody who knows about tapping techniques or sequences ala to paul gilbert's solo in racer x!!!!!!!

tell me mor on how can i have the monthly guitar lessons! see you in your repely soon

tapping anybody knows

hello and hi

well im from singapore and this is my fist time posting up to a disscussion board if anybody who knows about tapping techniques or sequences ala to paul gilbert's solo in racer x!!!!!!!

tell me mor on how can i have the monthly guitar lessons! see you in your repely soon

1990 Strat Plus -- What is it worth

I have searched and seen some talk of this, but I figured i would ask. 1990 Stock American Strat Plus -- Maple Neck - Blue Pearl Burst Body. Not Mint condition, but Very Good. Any thoughts on the value these days? Thinking of selling it (its been in the closet for a while)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.