Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - April, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

test

tt

guitartabs.cc

does anyone post (or used to post) at guitartabs.cc??? i have to find my old chums again dat i used to chill with
thanx
anus

Re: guitartabs.cc

www.guitaretab.com
kicks arse!

: does anyone post (or used to post) at guitartabs.cc??? i have to find my old chums again dat i used to chill with
: thanx
: anus

Boss MT 2 Metal Zone Pedal making a P Roach sound?

Boss MT 2 Metal Zone Pedal making a P Roach sound?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Boss MT 2 Metal Zone Pedal making a P Roach sound?

Classical Guitar Valuation

Classical Guitar Valuation

This popular thread has been given its own page : Classical Guitar Valuation

Musicians Wanted

Scout International LLC. is looking to build their database for Record label A&R Rep's. Ignore the price tag, drop us a line, no charge for the next month (free one year membership with no other obligations). Scout International although new, has already gotten feedback from several labels praising our service for them and to musicians. Check it out if you are serious about your dream. www.scoutinternational.com

Fingerstyle Guitarist/Singer/Songwriter

: Scout International LLC. is looking to build their database for Record label A&R Rep's. Ignore the price tag, drop us a line, no charge for the next month (free one year membership with no other obligations). Scout International although new, has already gotten feedback from several labels praising our service for them and to musicians. Check it out if you are serious about your dream. www.scoutinternational.com
"21st Century Blues" ; Old-timey Country-Blues and Folk played and recorded with leading-edge MIDI software assistance: Awesome!

I'm searching for tabs by the bands "Roh" and "Die Ärzte"

I'm searching for tabs by the bands "Roh" and "Die Ärzte"
Please send me some if you can!!!!!!!1

Buzz or fret noise

After two profesional setting on my tele i still get a buzz on most frets starting a fraction of second after I pick the string ( with finger or pick) could it be the profile shape of the fret (narrow)? or the camber in the neck. I have distanced the pick ups thinking of the magnetic pull but no result. Any suggestion ? perhaps it is my technic

Re: Buzz or fret noise

: After two profesional setting on my tele i still get a buzz on most frets starting a fraction of second after I pick the string ( with finger or pick) could it be the profile shape of the fret (narrow)? or the camber in the neck. I have distanced the pick ups thinking of the magnetic pull but no result. Any suggestion ? perhaps it is my technic

How bad is the fret buzz? because there will always be some buzz. If you pluck each string really hard, there will be some buzz. Can you hear this buzz through your amp? Also, what gauge strings do you use, because that could always be a factor.

Re: Buzz or fret noise

Also might want to remember that new strings will do this for a while.

Question re. expanded 'board range

G'Day! I'm hoping to build a full-custom modied [7-string/24-fret] guitar; I was planning to extent the fretboard/&new fretwire to 30/31 frets for extended range. This idea has been done on the Dano Guitarlin/Guitar-Mandolin;the Hamer Virtuoso;and Uli Roth's Custom Sky guitars. I recently read an article about Uli Jon, and he said that "The frets over the 24th fret were too difficult to play, so he had it made to be tuned in whole-tones." (step-wise?) Does anybody have any helpful info about this? Does UJR apply the same principle to the 42-fret Sky7 guitar? Factors would be fret crowning intonation&string height over high frets-also, what kind of amp could reproduce freqs. from a low A or B bass string to the high E or A string (ala Alex Gregory's Maestro 7)? Hope someone can fill me in on this. Thanks, Rock-On, ace

Ross 4x4 analog recorder

Hi, I'm looking for any manuals or documentation for a Ross 4x4 recorder???
If you have or know where I can obtain please email me.

Thanks!

Re: Ross 4x4 analog recorder

hey marsha,
i recently purchased a ross 4x4, but i haven't been able to locate a manual either. Have you had any luck? curious.
-j

: Hi, I'm looking for any manuals or documentation for a Ross 4x4 recorder???
: If you have or know where I can obtain please email me.

: Thanks!
I don't have a manual but I used a ross 4x4 when I was a teenager until it would'nt run anymore.I am looking for another so I can get my old stuff off of cassettes and onto hard disk.Maybe if you have questions about it I can help.
jp

Marsha,
Did you have any luck on the manual? I'm looking for the same thing myself.
Thanks

:Hi,
I have an ownwers manual for the 4x4. You still looking for one? Let me know and I'll try and get it copied and send it to you .

Bob

Hi, I'm looking for any manuals or documentation for a Ross 4x4 recorder???

ross 4x4 recorder manual

Bob if you still have a manual for the Ross 4x4 recorder I like to get a copy thank you Dave ,

I

>> I have purchased a Ross Model R 4x4. Is this it? If so we can arrange a copy of the manual...

Need some help...

>Im just starting to get the money together to learn how to play the guitar.
>What is a good guitar to start out with? Im looking at electric, and not a
>base guitar. Also, what is the average price for just a straight guitar
>with very few features? Thanks for your help.
Kyle

Re: Need some help...

Hey Kyle,

You have a couple of options depending on your tastes.
1st, what kind of music do you like? There are a bunch of inexpensive guitars out there for different styles.
How much cash are you willing to spend?
Do you have a place to buy a used instrument?
The most important thing about a guitar is to make sure it is solid wood.

Jj

Re: Need some help...

Hi Kyle,
it all depends on what kind of music you want to play.
as a general, all around great beginners/intemrediate guitar, a fender squier stratocaster
would be perfect. it can handle any style, really, and they're made well.
-the robot-

Tokais wanted

I`m trying to find a Tokai Strat and/or Tele
anyone have one for sale or can you put me on to one?
Also what is an S type Tokai?

Re; Toaki Guitars

Alan try Midtown Music at Midtownmusic@mindspring.com

Re; Toaki Guitars

Re; Toaki Guitars

changing Bass strings

Hi, I just recently switched from lead to bass guitar. I haven't played bass in about 30 years. I would like to know if changing bass strings is the same as regular guitar strings. I generally wrap 3-4 times around the post. Is it the same for bass guitars? Thank you in advance.

Re: changing Bass strings

Pretty much the same thing, however, the stretching period is a little longer. Takes a little bit longer to get it to stay in tune.

Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite Custom:FOUND

A few months ago I poke to someone on this board named Nick regarding one of these guitars.
NICK, I FOUND YOUR GUITAR!!!!!!!!!!
It's a Custom Studio Lite with a nicely matched 3-piece flame top and is in good condition.
It's $799.00.
I bought an awesome Les Paul from this guy in January(after we spoke about my gibsons).
E-mail me at fsomma@landismeat.com.

Fender Telecaster

I own a 1954 Fender Telecaster with matching flat hard case and amp. I am told is is worth a lot of money if I want to sell it. Does anyone know the worth and where can I get this info.

Re: Fender Telecaster

Ed Roman Guitars might be able to give you some info.
Should be worth a fair amount.
http://www.edromanguitars.com/site_idx.htm

tuning my Ibanez GR550

Please could someone help ?
When tuning my guitar, after a while, the floyd rose is rising out of his cavity, and guitar needs retuning...
Could it be that the inner springs are becoming too weak ?
thanks for any advice.
sk8punkers@hotmail.com

Re: tuning my Ibanez GR550

The tremolo springs tend to stretch over time and most guitars have screws that attach to the the springs and go into the body of the guitar. By tightening the screws, you tighten the springs and should be able to get the Floyd Rose to settle down.

Jamming in New Zealand

Greetings from N.Z.I've been playing guitar for about 7 yrs now.In the early 90's I joined a music workshop called 'Free Fusion'. This is a group that shares and plays each others instruments,weather they know how or not.Lots of noise, good therapy,and fellowship. From this group several bands have emerged.The group I formed play live gigs,but we are totally freeform and gurgle on for about 3/4 hour,nonstop.No plan.It does work, and generate some local interest, which results in us being able to continue promoting the free form thing.
I play a strat.My pedal board is: Boss super feedbacker/ dist. into>>dunlop wah>>>digitech xp200>>>into boss digital reverb delay>>>>into marshall head and two cabinets.I play heavy phychodelic free rock/jazz,and as well as the group I'm in (Fusion Refugees) I'm keen to do a solo project,and carry on organising the free fusion workshops.I'd like to make contact with anyone who plays for enjoyment and not fame and money etc., espesially if you live in N.Z.
There we go;my first disscusion letter! And remember,if the band project you're in sucks,try playing free between the serious stuff for a bit of sound therapy.

guitar players in the USA

I was wondering if anyone had any stats on precisely how many active/professional/traveling guitarists there are in the USA. It is for a college project.

any info would be appreciated

acoustic arm set screw

i have heard of people adjusting the arm of thier guitar by turning that set screw found at the end. how does that really work? what does it do?

Re: acoustic arm set screw

The set screw ( or nut , in some cases) adjusts the truss rod in the neck of the guitar. By adjusting the tension on the truss road, it causes the neck to bow up or down, increasing or decreasing the distance between the strings.
It's best not to adjust it unless you are having problems with it and know what you are doing.

Replace fret wires Fender Mustang

Is it possible for me to replace fret wires myself? Mustang needs 4 replaced Anyone have any information on How To Do???

little question

Hi to all!!!
Ihave soundblaster live 1024
Is it possible to connect my guitar on Pc and when I
play it, with some programms I hear from headphones
sound of violin, chello, vibra , ect.

jedson lapsteel

I want to build a jedson lapsteel like the one David Gilmour uses and need dimesions, wood etc. Any help?

BEWARE

simply stated: I ordered six sets of newtones. I had dead strings in ach set. Be warned before you buy. Not everyone has had satisfaction with these strings

Need Hagstrom III Parts!

I am trying to restore a 1965 Hagstrom III. I need a good looking chrome jackplate, neckplate, and a bridge assembly. Can anybody help? Please?

Please respond asap, fender squiers

Hi,
I have been learning guitar since the beginning of this year. I have been using a cheapo aucoustic and am saving to upgrade to a nice electric. I came accross a fender squire in a tradinf shop for $350 with case (im australian)
are these guitars good? If not could you please give me some info on what would be good for a beginner... (i would like a good guitar because I plan to keep playing for ages)
thanks

Natalie

Re: Please respond asap, fender squiers

That was my 1st electric ... 300 Ozzie $ you can't go wrong really. Can go out of tune a bit if you're using the whammy (tremelo) bar, but don't we all? If the geetar sounds good to your ears and feels comfortable in your clammy grip, Go For It!
Lots of Fun & Kerrangggg .... Trog le Dog

Just a couple of tips when buying a new guitar:
1 Play it unplugged first.
A guitar that has no sustain without amplification will not sound that good when plugged in.
2. Play every note on the fretboard.
This will make sure there are no dead frets.
3 Make sure the electronics are OK.
Play it on a clean channel and listen for static or scratching sounds when turning the volume/tone knobs and pickup switches.
4 Never, EVER , buy a guitar that you have issues with.
Just like in relationships, those little nagging quirks will become unbearable over time.
Good Luck

Dear Natalie
Just be carefully with body and neck wood (absolutelly no "plywood" bodies). The newest fender squires are made of agatis (hardwood). If that guitar is Japanese squire is a great guitar. Any questions about buy, repair or set up your guitar...just write me
celguetausa.net
Carlos

Hi Natalie!
fender Squiers are quite good quality for a beginner.
they sound pretty good, and they'll last. not a bad choice.
-the robot-

: Hi,
: I have been learning guitar since the beginning of this year. I have been using a cheapo aucoustic and am saving to upgrade to a nice electric. I came accross a fender squire in a tradinf shop for $350 with case (im australian)
: are these guitars good? If not could you please give me some info on what would be good for a beginner... (i would like a good guitar because I plan to keep playing for ages)
: thanks

There are some very good squiers and there are very bad ones. Dont buy a Squier Affinity. Those are Bullshit (but cheap). Better invest some money More and buq a
SQUIER STAGEMASTER or SQUIER STAGEMASTER DELUXE. Those are really Great.

Bye
Jeses

: Natalie

: Hi,
: I have been learning guitar since the beginning of this year. I have been using a cheapo aucoustic and am saving to upgrade to a nice electric. I came accross a fender squire in a tradinf shop for $350 with case (im australian)
: are these guitars good? If not could you please give me some info on what would be good for a beginner... (i would like a good guitar because I plan to keep playing for ages)
: thanks

: Natalie

for that money , you can buy a used ibanez or fender both made in japan (squier is a child company of fender)

need a good pickup for epiphone lp

the bridge pickup on my lp is fucked and keeps ringing when i play. what is a good one to get to replace it that is not too expensive.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.