Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - April, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Charvel

Hi,
does anybody know if Charvel has ever built guitars with a black headstock (trianguler not the rounded with a white charvel logo) in the states or are these only the japanese guitars
Pleaes mail me if you can help me - I need the answer as fast as possible.
Regards,
Chris

Re: Charvel

Hi,

The majority of Sad Dimas Charvels had a colored logo, usually gold, but a very very small amount have the white logo. I have only seen one it could have been a fake. These normally had a custom graphics.
The best way to tell is looking at the neck plate. What does it say? If it says Fort Worth TX, or Ontario CA, it is foreign made. Charvels were made in the US from 78-85. The San Dimas series was reissued in 95 and discontinued in 97. These were reissues of the Strat headstock, preproduction models.
What are some of the specs of the guitar? Pickups, trem, serial number, bolt on or neck through? If you can list these, I probably could let you know where it was made.

Jj

Practice Partner

Dear Fellow Guitarists:

I am looking for a intermediate/advanced practice partner to play together at a mutually preferred time in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA area.

If anybody interested out there please reply to this message ...

Thanks guys!

chords

I want the chors and tabs for the bb mack back here. plaease

Kahler bridge spares

Kahler bridge spares

This popular thread has been given its own page : Kahler bridge spares

Do Electric Guitars Have Dangerous Radiation?

Hi,
I'm concerned in a guitar radiation. does a guitar have radiation that might be harmfull to a Guitarist.
How dangerous can Pick-Up radiation be or is it not dangerous?
thans for You're Attetion!

What kind of cheap crack are you smoking?

Unless you fill all the body cavities with Uranium 238 I think you're pretty safe there chief.

: Hi,
: I'm concerned in a guitar radiation. does a guitar have radiation that might be harmfull to a Guitarist.
: How dangerous can Pick-Up radiation be or is it not dangerous?
: thans for You're Attetion!

My Advice is to get a lead jock strap!

: I'm concerned in a guitar radiation. does a guitar have radiation that might be harmfull to a Guitarist.

Re: Do Electric Guitars Have Dangerous Radiation?

Yes they do. Also I think my keyboard is oozing toxic waste!

roy bucanan

does anybody know of any mp3's of the late roy bucanan on the net?

Re: roy bucanan

I have a couple from napster. I don't know of any others. Maybe try bearshare, or just go buy an album.

Re: roy bucanan

: does anybody know of any mp3's of the late roy bucanan on the net?

yes theres heaps to down load of roy on (audio galaxy) way better than napster you can chat to people to.

rp14d help

why is it that i cant get any volume from my head with the rp14d is it my marshall valvstate 100watt head or is my pedal (rp14d) if i turn it up to loud then it gets muddy and not good. So when the drums are playing it cancells me out. if its a new amp head tell me a good one that would go with a rp14d (digitech)

Re: rp14d help

I thik many multifx sounds very well when playng yourself at home, etc. The problem when you play with a band is that all that music "eats" the armonics of your pedal (chorus, distortion, echoes), so you have to boost your midle range and dont abuse of echoes
Javier, Spain

Duosonic parts

Gang: I need either some plastic ends for the tuning drives or some replacement drives. Old age is causing the origional 1956 plastic ends to crack. Any thoughts? I would like to keep it original if I can since the guitar is currently the same as it was when it was bought for me in 1956, even the case and the strap. Any leads to parts sources would be appreciated. bob

Scotty Anderson

Scotty Anderson was supposed to release a CD early this year. Has anyone heard anything about it?
I read something about this in one of the guitar mags last Fall.

It's done

Check here http://home.fuse.net/pvee/sanderson.html

pvp

: Scotty Anderson was supposed to release a CD early this year. Has anyone heard anything about it?
: I read something about this in one of the guitar mags last Fall.

Re: Scotty Anderson

: Scotty Anderson was supposed to release a CD early this year. Has anyone heard anything about it?
: I read something about this in one of the guitar mags last Fall.

: This follow up is 6 months late, but you probably know "triple stop" is the cd on j curve records. What I want to add is that Scotty is coming to Macon Ga.on Sat. Sept. 29 on my behalf and will perform. It is important only because those of "down here" don't have opportunities like this very often. Anyone else interested can contact me, caus@bellsouth.net

tune-o-matic bridge

Can anybody tell me how to set up the tune-o-matic bridge on my Gibson ES 325 and why there is a slight difference in length as a result of these adjustments.

Re: tune-o-matic bridge

I think you probably mean the intonation, right?
By making small adjustments in length by moving the screws attached to the saddles, you change where the centerpoint of the string is. To have the intonation right the 12th fret harmonic needs to be directly over the 12th fret, they will be exactly the same if this is the case. So the idea is to move the saddle so that the 12th fret harmonic (at the center of the string) is the same as the 12th fret. If the 12th fret is sharp, then the string is too short. If it's flat then the string is too long.
I hope this helps.
-Rick

how to get that CRUNCH sound?

how do you get that CRUNCH sound when palm muting the low e string?

how to get that CRUNCH sound?

how do you get that CRUNCH sound when palm muting the low e string?

Re: how to get that CRUNCH sound?

I think I know what you're looking for.When striking the string(before muting it),change your pick angle. So,instead of striking it flat,SLICE the sring instead.This will scrape the windings on the low E string.But buy some more picks though.This technique eats them up!
Hope this helps

Strat wiring, help!!!

Hi everybody.
I'm looking for a way to wire a Strat with these options;
-master tone for all three pickups
-master volume for all three
-blend pot for series wiring
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Re: Strat wiring, help!!!

The first two are easy;
1. a Strat already has a master volume for all three pickups, no wiring necessary.
2. You would just have to move the wires from one of the two tone pots onto the other so that it has all the pickups hooked to it instead of just one or two (depends which tone pot you want to use for a master)
3. What do you mean a blend pot? If you want to run all three pickups in series I would think that you'd have to use some sort of toggle switch, I don't think you can use a blend switch with three pickups.

: Hi everybody.
: I'm looking for a way to wire a Strat with these options;
: -master tone for all three pickups
: -master volume for all three
: -blend pot for series wiring
: Any ideas?
: Thanks!

Agan, the volume is a master, My suggestion is wiring it like a G&L S500. (Leo Fenders final guitars). If you need a schematic email and I will send it. The S500 uses a single treble control, and in place of the second treble on a strat, uses a bass control. It also uses a toggle switch to make it possible to combine all pickups or the neck and bridge pickups which you cannot do on a standard strat.

I own an S500 and am thinking of trying some different pickups. Do you know of any pitfalls or problems in doing this? BTW, I do like the way it's wired as was mentioned. I'd like the specs if you have them. Thanks.

Agan, the volume is a master, My suggestion is wiring it like a G&L S500. (Leo Fenders final guitars). If you need a schematic email and I will send it. The S500 uses a single treble control, and in place of the second treble on a strat, uses a bass control. It also uses a toggle switch to make it possible to combine all pickups or the neck and bridge pickups which you cannot do on a standard strat.

CHORDS+ TABS

I want the chords for the song by BB MACK back her.
help me please!!

CHORDS+ TABS

I want the chords for the song by BB MACK back her.
help me please!!

Re: CHORDS+ TABS

Check OLGA. I'm sure as hell not going to figure it out for you.

Hagstrom Guitar

Hagstrom Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hagstrom Guitar

ovation clebrity

I'm having problems with my guitar. When I plug it in and start playing, the volume just drops out. Sometime I tap on the part of the guitar where the eq and volume switch is located and the sound comes back. I've had this thing since February of this year. Any comments?

Re: ovation clebrity

This may or may not have anything to do with your problem but I always like to start with the easy things. Did you check the battery??

: I'm having problems with my guitar. When I plug it in and start playing, the volume just drops out. Sometime I tap on the part of the guitar where the eq and volume switch is located and the sound comes back. I've had this thing since February of this year. Any comments?

bass guitar

Hello, I am rebuilding a bass guitar but I have some
problems with the electric parts. If you know where
I can find an electric scheme of any bass guitar, please
tell me;
cheers!

Is the Mesa Boogie Single rectifier solo head good?

is it?

Re: Is the Mesa Boogie Single rectifier solo head good?

Just as good as a dual

: is it?

Well,
Darn Malakian from System of a Down uses them onstage...

The Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier is an awesome head. I replaced a Crate GX120R with it. The Crate was 120 watts Solid State and the 50 watt Mesa is much louder. It has gain to spare and I have only replaced the tubes once. I would suggest playing it with a Johnson J412V 4x12 enclosure (if you want to pay that much) or a Marshall 1960A. It is an awesome head and well worth the money.

my fender

i recently purchased a fender statocaster sunburst in design i dont know what year it is the serial num is F:342122 made in the usa i also got a fendar amp with it i paid 800.00 for the set can anyone tell me the worth of my guitar and what year it is please email me

Re: my fender

Hi,

A Fender with a serial # that begins with an F, indicates a guitar made in Japan in 1986 or 1987. The worth of this depends on the model. What are the specs of the guitar? What type of pickups, how many knobs, pickguard color, neck and fingerboard wood? This info will help me identify the model and then the aproximate worth.
What model amp is it? Is it tube or solid state? What color is the face plate? Also on the face plate the model name should be written.
You wrote that you thought the guitar was American made. If the person told you it was U.S. made when it wasn't that's bad business.
The 80's Japaneese made Fenders are actually very good guitars. They are not worth as much as the U.S. but they are made just about as good.
If you let me know this info I should be able to help you out with your question.

Jj

Radiowave

Greg.....I finally got to listen to your Journey thru OZ......as a matter of fact Im listening to it right now and your discriptions were dead on......very interesting work......its got movie sountrack written all over it

i need some help

how u doin? ok well.. see im a begginer right so for now i just i want a good board but not the best like about the 90-100$ range ok. well email me and tell me what u think i should get

Re: i need some help

: how u doin? ok well.. see im a begginer right so for now i just i want a good bass but not the best like about the 90-100$ range ok. well email me and tell me what u think i should get

Guild Bluesbird

At my local guitar store, Terry, a salesman, has offered a new Guild Bluesbird (black)for under $1200. He did not mention the case. Is this a deal or what?

information about beginner

Dear sir,
I am a college student from Nepal. I like to play guitar but all I know is just a few chords like A<B<C<D<etc.
I tried to understand from the site but I understood nothing.
So I kindly request you to give me information about very beginning of playing guitar.
Sincerely
Zachary

Re: information about beginner

The best advice i can give you is try to play along with your favorite band or music. Try to tune your guitar to them and practice, practice, practice.

Ibanez RG 520QS vs Ibanez S vs Ibanez RG550

Ibanez RG 520QS vs Ibanez S vs Ibanez RG550

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ibanez RG 520QS vs Ibanez S vs Ibanez RG550

Napster

How do I get signed up for the napster

Re: Napster

: How do I get signed up for the napster

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.