Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - April, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: sessionguitarman.com

The e-mail address is wrong, I have played with it and managed to contact Phil. His e-mail is guitarphil@zoom.co.uk I have been on the site and it is differant! Phil is sending me a CD of some of his music,if it is like the MP3 he has just sent me, I am in for a treat.

Re: sessionguitarman.com

: Yo Andy.
Thanks for the kind words,I tried to e-mail you but my computer is still sending you your next MP3 and I have to carry on recording now or this new stuff wont get finnished.-In answar to your question on the Loaded-Cruzin sound, I'm getting it from a 57 strat clean driven through channel 2 of a 74 Musicman 75 2x12.
I have found similar with and old Fender Pro, but it is not quite as nice-look forward to seeing you at the gig,good health-Phil.

Rare Hendrix

I have a very rare bit of Jimi on my site for people to share in, to hear it, go to www.sessionguitarman.com
rare treats and click on "Jimi at home"-you wont belive your ears!

ibanez tube screamer + Boss metal zone, how to chain this 2 up?

i've heard chaining this 2 pedals up can get really nice sound. I need some advise on this. thanks:)

Re: ibanez tube screamer + Boss metal zone, how to chain this 2 up?

: i've heard chaining this 2 pedals up can get really nice sound. I need some advise on this. thanks:)

-simply like this, Guitar--->ITS--->BMZ--->Amp then just play with the different settings to find the sound you like.

Baby Animals Tablature

I'm looking for tablature for any songs off the Baby Animals - Shaved & Dangerous CD. If anyone can help me it would be great.

WANTED...... AZN GUITAR PLAYER IN CALIFORNIA

WANTED...... AZN GUITAR PLAYER IN CALIFORNIAWANTED...... AZN GUITAR PLAYER IN CALIFORNIAWANTED...... AZN GUITAR PLAYER IN CALIFORNIA
write back or email at opzx@hotmail.com

Re: WANTED...... AZN GUITAR PLAYER IN CALIFORNIA

: WANTED...... AZN GUITAR PLAYER IN CALIFORNIAWANTED...... AZN GUITAR PLAYER IN CALIFORNIAWANTED...... AZN GUITAR PLAYER IN CALIFORNIA
: write back or email at opzx@hotmail.com

Hello my name is Greg.. Im 18, I have been playing for 6 years. I play all styles. I can also play Bass Piano and some drums. My influences are Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Jason Becker, Yngwie Malmsteen, Jimi Hendrix.. and many more. If you are interested Please write me back. I am Real when it comes to music. I check my e-mail daily. so feel free to reply at any time. Peace

Sonny Landreth multiple autotuning device

Last week I saw Sonny Landreth perform here in Germany. He played a Les Paul with a built-in multiple autotuning device. This was definitly no Hipshot mutiple tuning bridge. The device has an extra pickup that measures the frequency (pitch) of each individual string. Sonny could select a specific tuning from an interface on top of his guitar, and than little electric servo-motors inside the guitar (!!!) tuned the strings to pitch. Has anybody heard of this system and knows where to buy it? I have been playing slide guitar in different open tunings for more than 20 years, and this device would be very helpfull esp. in live-situations.

Re: Sonny Landreth multiple autotuning device

: Last week I saw Sonny Landreth perform here in Germany. He played a Les Paul with a built-in multiple autotuning device. This was definitly no Hipshot mutiple tuning bridge. The device has an extra pickup that measures the frequency (pitch) of each individual string. Sonny could select a specific tuning from an interface on top of his guitar, and than little electric servo-motors inside the guitar (!!!) tuned the strings to pitch. Has anybody heard of this system and knows where to buy it? I have been playing slide guitar in different open tunings for more than 20 years, and this device would be very helpfull esp. in live-situations.

Try this site: http://www.kleinguitars.com/transperformance.htm

who knows

can anyone tell me about a framus guitar model.5mb-52t serial. 35974 tested.676 red and yellow fade,4 controls on left, wamie bar ,lookes old...

Re: who knows

: can anyone tell me about a framus guitar.It was made in Germany in 1953. The serial # 19539 The cost and the value of it now.Thank you

Who does play 7 string acoustic ?!!

Who plays 7 string acoustic?
I'm looking for notes,tabs,links
Welcome http://b7sus4.narod.ru
Tabs and FREE chord generator!!!

Is there anyone who knows these?

1-Does any one know how can I find stepan Rak notes edition?
2-Is there anyone who knows julian Breams site or home page?

REVERB RECOMMENDATIONS

Hi. I've just started playing and have a new American Fender Double Fat Strat. I use a Danelectro Nifty Fify (15 watt)amp. Can anyone suggest a good, cheap reverb pedal or a chorus pedal for a beginner? Thanks!

Come Join The SIL Team

Scout International is looking to build their database for Record label A&R Rep's. Drop us a line, no charge for the next month (free one year membership with no other obligations).

Scout International although new, has already gotten feedback from several labels praising our service for them and to musicians. Check it out if you are serious about your dream.

http://www.scoutinternational.com

gsp 21 pro patches

can anyone tell me where i can find gsp21 pro patches.
i am looking for the steve lukather factory patches. please email me at sambora34@yahoo.com

Lanoya Music Award

Dear musicians,

Lanoya has started the second round of its music contest at
http://www.lanoya.com.

Again, we present a short theme at our web site. Musicians around the globe
are invited to send in their piece on basis of this theme.

Every participating musician receives a Lanoya t-shirt provided by Digishirt
(http://www.digishirt.com)

After May 31, 2001 an international jury will determine the winner of this
round, who will receive the Lanoya trophy.

If you enjoy making music, feel free to join in the fun.

Kind regards,

Lanoya

Just got a '63 Mustang Fender Electric Guitar...

I've been doing vocals for a while, but recently got interested in learning to play the electric guitar. My dad used to play bass and electric guitars- had a cover band- basic college kid stuff, anyways since I have this interest now- he gave me his. Does anyone know if I need to treat a guitar of this type- any diff. from any other guitar? I'm getting it restrung and retuned..because well after 20 years..it sounds awful now. Anyone know about these types of guitars? Should I just get a simpel used one t0 learn on, or use the Sky..made in '62..in kinda bad shape..to learn? thanks for any help anyone could offer

What Cabinet Goes Best w/ Triple Rectifier?

I just bought a triple rectifier, and now i need to buy a cabinet for it, i tyred it out with a mesa 2x12 recto, but im looking for a 4x12. i like to get good metal distortion, but also clean, and hendrix like tone, iand i heard the vintage marshall cabs w/ the 16ohm greenbacks are better for this then the 4x12 recto

Re: What Cabinet Goes Best w/ Triple Rectifier?

Hello,
I own a mesa as well and have found that the Celestion Vintage 30's sound best. They give you a nice overdriven sound with massive bass response. Since they are actaully 70 watt speakers, they still have enough headroom to produce a nice clean sound. The greenback's break up real nice but will not have as tight of a bottom end or be as clean if you want them to.
If you need anymore help picking out a cabinet give me a call at www.music123.com.
Thanks,
JOe
1-888-590-9700

: I just bought a triple rectifier, and now i need to buy a cabinet for it, i tyred it out with a mesa 2x12 recto, but im looking for a 4x12. i like to get good metal distortion, but also clean, and hendrix like tone, iand i heard the vintage marshall cabs w/ the 16ohm greenbacks are better for this then the 4x12 recto

12-string tuning

i recently purch a 12-string acousic and i would like to know if there is any special way of tuning it

Re: 12-string tuning

No, not really. The Low E, A, D, and G strings are tuned an octave apart and each of the B and High E strings are tuned to each other.

What's the best claen sounding neck pickup

What would be better-A pearly-gates, or a 59 seymour-duncan

Re: What's the best claen sounding neck pickup

Don't know 'bout the Pearly Gates,but the Gibson Classic 57's are very good.The Dimarzio P.A.F(regular) are also warm,clear and punchy.I'll vouch for these two! Seth Lovers sound great.

Yamaha SF 500

Yamaha SF 500

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yamaha SF 500

starting a band-Michigan!!

Looking for rock/metal band members to start band in michigan. Please post a response if from lansing area and looking to start a band. Need singer, drums, bass..

Re: starting a band-Michigan!!

I'm a rhythm guitar player from Germany who likes to play metal(death metal, pantera style,old metallica style,...). I speak spanish, German, english fluently.
prefer to play guitar and maybe back up vocals but also willing to play bass.
What kind of Metal do you play?

: Looking for rock/metal band members to start band in michigan. Please post a response if from lansing area and looking to start a band. Need singer, drums, bass..

I am a female singer looking to start a serious band, I am from the Lansing MI area. E-mails only please.

a female singer looking to join a serious band from the Lansing MI area. E-mails only please.

North of Scotland Rock Club?

Just Curious if anybody would be interested in a North of Scotland Rock club up in the inverness area. Were thinking about organising something.. Mail me if you are.. Cheer's
David.

Re: North of Scotland Rock Club?

I would be interested, would it be for bands or fans?

G...

NY Prophesie changed to "Something"

If anyone downloaded my cover version of Blues Traveler's NY Prophesie might want to check out the new song on my website. My good friend Albert and I recorded a cover version of the Beatles song "Something." You can check it out here if you want.

http://home.earthlink.net/~guitarjoe/Albert_Salazar_and_David_Heise_Something_Beatles_cover.mp3

Tremolo for Fender Duo-Sonic?

Hi Folks,
I just picked up a real ugly duckling Fender Duo-Sonic
dirt cheap. I have very small hands and would like to
turn this into a playable guitar. One thing I would like to be able to do is add a tremolo. I have been told this is not possible because of the narrow neck, narrow string spacing and short scale. I am wondering if there might be a child sized guitar or travel type guitar which would have a smaller tremolo that I could use. Anyone have any ideas at all as to how to successfully
add a whammy bar to this guitar?
If you could CC to my email address that would be great...
Best,
-V

Re: Tremolo for Fender Duo-Sonic?

tried a mustang/jagstang?? those are short scaled and are set up similar to a duosonic. they arent as cheap though. i dont think itd be easy to install a trem in your guitar though.

American Fender Squire

I currently own an American Fender Squire. I have not
heard of anyone else who owns one, and most music stores
have never head of a Squire being made in America. If
anyone can shed some light...
Please let me know

Re: American Fender Squire

: I currently own an American Fender Squire. I have not
: heard of anyone else who owns one, and most music stores
: have never head of a Squire being made in America. If
: anyone can shed some light...
: The seriel number begins with N
Please let me know

: I currently own an American Fender Squire. I have not
: heard of anyone else who owns one, and most music stores
: have never head of a Squire being made in America. If
: anyone can shed some light...
: Please let me know
email me at shaunsilverii@hotmail.com

no one knows buddy.

i own a fender SQUIER, is that the same thing?
Oh, and i live in sarawak, borneo.

squire means the guitar is not made in america....

American made Fender Squire

I currently own an American made Fender Squire. Most
people and music stores have never heard of a Squire
being made in America. The serial number is N 919482
If anyone can shed some light, please email me at
shaunsilverii@hotmail.com

Re: American made Fender Squire

Hello,
I am almost certain their has neverbeen a American madeSquire series. When the Squire were first made they were produced in Japan and then they switch to other Asian countries that could produce them cheaper. It is possible that there could have been a few mexican made Squires, but never a American model.
If you need more assistance on any Fender products, feel free to contact us a www.music123.com.
Thanks,
Joe

: I currently own an American made Fender Squire. Most
: people and music stores have never heard of a Squire
: being made in America. The serial number is N 919482
: If anyone can shed some light, please email me at
: shaunsilverii@hotmail.com

8-finger tapping - tabs, anybody?

I've been listening to Stanley Jordan and Jennifer Batten lately but can't seem to find any tabs for their songs - are they just too obscure? Or are there tabs really out there? I want one particularly of Whammy Damage by Jennifer Batten, which is awesome. And can anyone tell me some titles of some 8-finger tapping songs off Napster I could download?

chords with bass

how do you play a chord that has a chord/note. For example C+/G flat. thanks

Re: chords with bass

: how do you play a chord that has a chord/note. For example C+/G flat. thanks

The information before the slash is the chord to play, and the note after the slash is a bass note to be added below or lower than the chord. It's sort of an inversion thing. For more info check out: http://www.chordfind.com/

Sincerely, Silky John

barre chords

when you are using a strap is it proper to use barre chord. when i try to use them it hurts because you have to get your hand in position. is there a better alternative? right thanks

Re: barre chords

Yes it is proper. You need to evaluate how you've adjusted the strap though. You want to be able to make the chords without bending your left wrist (assuming a right handed player) . . . your wrist should be loose, but if you have to bend your hand up noticeably, the guitar is too low.

Of course it doesn't look as cool if your guitar isn't slung low (à la Jimmy Page, Keith Richards and Joe Perry), but it also isn't very cool to get carpal tunnel syndrome because of a poor playing form.

It also helps to tilt the guitar neck up a little bit.

Remember too, if it hurts to play a certain way DON'T PLAY THAT WAY, you'll injure yourself, maybe permanently. Adjust your guitar and see if that helps.

: when you are using a strap is it proper to use barre chord. when i try to use them it hurts because you have to get your hand in position. is there a better alternative? right thanks

FELIX THE CAT THEME SONG, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PLEASE, IF YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THE GUITAR TABS FOR THE FELIX THE CAT THEME SONG PLEASE, I BEG YOU E-MAIL THEM TO ME.

Aussie Players

I was wondering if you can find out about some great Austalian guitar players. It doesn't matter what sort of music they play, just any sort of information about them.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.