Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Monthly Discussion Guitar Discussion Forum Archive – May, 2001

Viewing 390 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

someone says me that v amp hab a better clear sound than the pod line 6 but i would like confirmation too

Anonymous

Overall it is said the V Amp is better than the POD, depending which POD you get. So far I am very happy with my V Amp but it has taken me some time to REALLY start making some good patches. Versatile describes it best. Clean tones are beautiful.

Anonymous

The POD has more features, and the POD version 2.0 sounds much better than the original POD. The V-AMP has a higher bit rate, but doesn’t break up, like great tube amps do, when you really push it. It’s almost like the V-AMP doesn’t quite know what to do at real high gain levels. But- it’s still sounds transparent, and stays true to it’s original tone. The POD costs more and has more options, but the V-AMP has a slightly clearer tone on most- but not all of it’s effects/amp/cab sims. I think you should play them side by side to really decide.

Anonymous

Sir,

I would appreciate if you could send me the softwareat [email protected]. Thank you very much.

Anonymous

If your looking a for a Brisbane punk band, check out http://www.novakancy.com – it’s our bands official website.

Anonymous

Sir,
      I want hindi songs software .please send it my
      [email protected] E-mail address.
      thanking you
      [email protected]

Anonymous

: Sir, : I want hindi songs software .please send it my : [email protected] E-mail address. : thanking you : [email protected]

Anonymous

: : Sir, : : I want hindi songs software .please send it my : : [email protected] E-mail address. : : thanking you

Anonymous

Sir,
      : : : : I want hindi songs software .please send it my
      : : : : E-mail address.
      : : : : thanking you

: : : : [email protected]

Anonymous

Get the Warlock, 79 at musicans friend right now with free shipping

Anonymous

Hey, man. I have a Peavey Raptor Plus. This thing is sweet! IT has great intination. It is not like a toy guitar. This baby is a real thing. I have had it for about two months now and i am loving it. I got it for hundred and eighty one dollars and i think it’ll be good for five-ten years! Go for it!

Anonymous

You might still be able to get a Kahler 2300.
      Try this website
      http://www.kahlerinternational.com
      I’m going to send them some email to see if I can upgrade my
      Kahler such that I can lock the bridge. I really wanted a
      tremolo 10 years ago, but now I have no need for it. Moreover
      it’s a big pain in the butt trying to use alternative tunings.
      I’ll let you know if I hear anything back from Kahler.
      Good luck
      Kev

: I am looking for a floating tremolo for Strat with locking system.
      : Let me be understood. With "locking system" I mean that when you allow to fall the lever, the bridge is blocked and it doesn’t oscillate with the stretching taken place when you bend the strings on the frets with the left hand. The bridge is unblocked again if we catch (take up) the lever, becoming in floating another time.

Anonymous

: You might still be able to get a Kahler 2300. : Try this website : http://www.kahlerinternational.com : I’m going to send them some email to see if I can upgrade my : Kahler such that I can lock the bridge. I really wanted a : tremolo 10 years ago, but now I have no need for it. Moreover : it’s a big pain in the butt trying to use alternative tunings. : I’ll let you know if I hear anything back from Kahler. : Good luck : Kev : : I am looking for a floating tremolo for Strat with locking system. : : Let me be understood. With "locking system" I mean that when you allow to fall the lever, the bridge is blocked and it doesn’t oscillate with the stretching taken place when you bend the strings on the frets with the left hand. The bridge is unblocked again if we catch (take up) the lever, becoming in floating another time. Thank you for your answers, they are usefull. Please Kev, let me know if you hear anything from Kahler. Thanks.

Anonymous

: Sir,

Anonymous

E7/G#7/C#m7/F#7/B7/E7/Am7/Em7/Am7/B7 ….

Anonymous

: I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a cheap but nice looking bass guitar. A couple of friends and I are starting a band and I need a bass!! ASAP
      : Thank you,
      :Cody

Anonymous

: : Sir,
      : : : : : I want hindi songs software .please send it my
      : : : : : E-mail address.
      : : : : : thanking you

: : : : : [email protected]

Anonymous

can someone find me the guitar chords to the doors songs…Whisky, mystics and men and also from the same group…Orange Count Suite…It would be deeply appreciated thanks

Anonymous

Anonymous

: ammy)[email protected]: : : : E-mail address.

Anonymous

Anonymous

rex and ………. dont know what the fuck theyre talking about. DOD makes the best pedals and the death metal distorter is one of their best ,the grunge and mystic blue are good too, but death metal pedal is the best.its bassically perfect even on clean. If the thing had an opening Id be fucking it right now. Trust me, You should get it.

Anonymous

: : : : : E-mail address.

Anonymous

: : : Sir, : : : : : : I want hindi songs software .please send it my : : : : : : E-mail [email protected] : : : : : : thanking you : : : : : : [email protected]

Anonymous

: : : Sir, : : : : : : I want hindi songs software .please send it my : : : : : : E-mail address. : : : : : : thanking you : : : : : : [email protected]

Anonymous

Dear Sir, : : : : : : I want hindi songs software .please send it my [email protected] E-mail address. : : : : : : Thanking you : : : : : : [email protected]

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Gordon is a moron!

Anonymous

Steve old son..If your IQ gets any lower you’ll have to limbo underneath it….Ha ha ha ha!! The Phantom axe man from hell….

Anonymous

It all depends on the kind os music u want to do, if u change the keys alot u will sound jazyy if just change it in the right timing you can sound wharever you want,
      You cant forget that harmony is nothing whiout a melody… Harmony was created to make melodies richier so if you want to know wich chord you sould go , just think in the melody n try around…
      That’s why people study harmony in the piano, is not easy to do harm n melod in the guitar, try to use you voice….

Anonymous

yep they are fucking amzing guitars. i just bought the jerry horton signiture modle the guitarest from papa roach it kicks ass man it plays like dream. try the c-1 their the best out of the diammond serries they are good value and just play so sweet dude if you wanna get a guitar get a schecter.

Chris

Anonymous

tod,
      I’ve managed to get two complete songs onto one 100mb zip drive. Just remember to use the "optimize" button and "copy" function. This may not seem like a clear answer, but once you get the BR-8 and read the manual, I’ll all be clear. I’ve also known guys who have managed 5-10 songs on a zip drive. Also remeber that if you record onto two tracks a a time, the space used is double, ie the disk space is reduced twice as fast.
      The BR-8 is the best piece of equipment I’ve bought in my short 15 years as a home recording muse..GO AND BUY ONE NOW!!!

Anonymous

: tod, : I’ve managed to get two complete songs onto one 100mb zip drive. Just remember to use the "optimize" button and "copy" function. This may not seem like a clear answer, but once you get the BR-8 and read the manual, I’ll all be clear. I’ve also known guys who have managed 5-10 songs on a zip drive. Also remeber that if you record onto two tracks a a time, the space used is double, ie the disk space is reduced twice as fast. : The BR-8 is the best piece of equipment I’ve bought in my short 15 years as a home recording muse..GO AND BUY ONE NOW!! SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS SHIT TO ME BEFORE I BREAK COMPS

Anonymous

: anyone know anything about an ENSENADA brand guitar?

yeah, i have one too. its my mom’s from literally 30 years ago. its in great condition. if anyone finds anything out, could ya let me know too please? thanks so much.

~Rachel

Anonymous

the pentatonic scale is a five note scale which uses the notes from the major scale of any key using the 1st (G) ;flattened 3rd(Bb) ; 4th(C); 5th(D); flattened 7th (F) notes of the major scale
      eg key of Gmajor the pentatonic scale comprises the notes G Bb C (Db) D F ; the extra note in the bracket makes up what is commonly called the blues scale
      if you take the pentatonic scale and start playing thr G note from the 3rd fret of the low E string the you can complete 2 "cycles" of the scale ending up on the 3rd fret of the high E string
      If you move up the neck to the 6th fret,starting with the Bb note,you can play the first inversion or mode of the pentatonic scale.as you can see it is just the same notes repeated in a different order
      continue to start the next inversion on the third degree of the pent.. scale
      Gradually you partially cover the entire neck with the scale in the key of G
      you can improvise over the standard G C D chord sequence or whataver using this scale ,going up and across the neck as you see fit ,probably at first just moving thru the scale until you get the notes "in your fingers " then you can start thinking about other ways to advance

Dont forget about the humble major scale remember every exotic scale is based around the degrees of the major scale and for a guitarist to advance they MUST in my opinion ,know the major scale completely in every mode (and every key?)also without thinking about it .That would be a good starting point

How do you get a guitarist to stop playing the guitar
      Ans. Give him a page of music..
      try to learn to read it will make a lot of playing easier
      if you can read you can pick up old violin instruction books an learn FAST scale and arpeggio runs

Anonymous

: Let me be understood. With "locking system" I mean that when you allow to fall the lever, the bridge is blocked and it doesn’t oscillate with the stretching taken place when you bend the strings on the frets with the left hand. The bridge is unblocked again if we catch (take up) the lever, becoming in floating another time.

You need the Kahler "Steeler". The arm locks the tailpiece [bridge] becoming a hardtail in the down position, becomes a traditional locking tremolo in the up position. Kahler stopped making them, but Zion uses them on their guitars, and has them instock, but not for sale unless on a guitar. Bummer!

Anonymous

: : I am looking for a floating tremolo for Strat with locking system. : : Let me be understood. With "locking system" I mean that when you allow to fall the lever, the bridge is blocked and it doesn’t oscillate with the stretching taken place when you bend the strings on the frets with the left hand. The bridge is unblocked again if we catch (take up) the lever, becoming in floating another time. : You need the Kahler "Steeler". The arm locks the tailpiece [bridge] becoming a hardtail in the down position, becomes a traditional locking tremolo in the up position. Kahler stopped making them, but Zion uses them on their guitars, and has them instock, but not for sale unless on a guitar. Bummer! I have had a # of Srtats and Strat types in the past. I have always used flat mount Kahlers instead of the float type. I have a new in the box flat mt. if you are interested. Mark

Anonymous

Hey, I was wondering how you get in contact with the BC Rich custom shop. If you could e-mail me at [email protected] as soon as possible, I’d really appreciate it.

Anonymous

I have two ace Frehley AF-40’s..one silverbolt & one redbolt. The wonderbars are great! They have one that fits on aLes Paul and ace used it on his solo days post 82..When you look on the undewrside of the wonder bar it was stamped "The Answer" give washburn acall they may be able to find on iether in chrome or black……
      : i would like to hear from someone who owns an Ace Frehley Washburn AF-40v,how good is the wonderbar tremolo and where i can get one.

Anonymous

Thx a lot for the info!

Anonymous

http://www.rock-planet.co.uk/ash/angel_alb.htm there´s also Burn Baby Burn
      I am still looking for the other lyrics!

Anonymous

The Fender Stratocaster is one of the two most popular/famous electric guitars, the other being the Gibson Les Paul. This is over-generalizing, but the Strat is known for a slightly thinner, drier tone due to its single-coil pickups; you’ll hear mostly Strats in surf music, country, etc. They’re recognizable by the double cutaway (two-horned) body and chrome tremelo bar w. white plastic tip. Listen to Dire Straits (early), Hendrix, Gilmour and Stevie Ray Vaughn to hear some of the best, though there are so many more I can’t begin to name them all. Almost every other guitar in existence owes its heritage to the Strat and Les Paul. Les Pauls have a smoother warmer sound –most have two humbucker pickups and are recognizable by the toggle switch on the top round and the cutaway on the bottom, and a black headstock. Everybody’s used them too, some famous players are Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend, Slash, Albert King and others.

Anonymous

: I would like to know if you can turn 2 single coils into 1 humbucker. And if so, how to do it.
      : Does anywhone a site were I can get the info??
      : Thanx

yeah they can take out one of the singles and add a humbucker. the new humbucker would be stacked rather than side by side like your other humbucker…I have a WR150 washbrun with 2 singles and a humbucker …..they told me ( the placei bought ) that if i wanted to i could add a humbucker in the future by doing the above.
      Sorry dunno any sites or anything
      cheers

Anonymous

That crack in the top is almost certainly just in the finish, not in the wood. If so, it’s called a surface check and won’t cause any harm to the guitar or its sound. If the top itself is cracked, it can almost certainly be fixed without removing the top. Take it to a competent repairman (or two, get a comparison) and have him look at it.

: I have an Ovation Balladeer Electric that is many yuears old. It is in good shape except there appeared spontainiously a crack in the face. I would emagine the top will need to be removed and the crack reapired. Can anyone tell me where I could get this done and if you have any guess at how much it might cost? I’m wondering if a used guitar might be cheaper. Thanks, Tony

Anonymous

Use white glue (Elmer’s). Remove the strings before you do any repairing.

Wipe off the excess glue with a damp rag, and place a couple of heavy books on the guitar (put a piece of wax paper in between the book and the guitar top so it won’t glue to it) for it to dry (wait one day before you remove the books.

: at the bottom of my nylon string i have the face lifting off a bit (the niose is digsting when playing the guitar) how could i fix it (what type of glue should i you’s exe.)

Anonymous

Well first off, the chords you know… Most of those aren’t in modern songs. Ask your teacher to show you power chords and a few lead scales. Have him show you how to pick using up and down strokes, how to string bend, slurs, and other techniques. Have him also show you how to read tablature, this will improve your technique the quickest and you will see how modern songs are put together. And if your teacher doesn’t know how to play rock music find another teacher. Also don’t be afraid to ask your more advanced friend to show you a few things. Hope this helps out.

Anonymous

To get a good death metal sound you’ll need a good distortion pedal like a boss metal zone. If you want a good metal rhythm sound you can get by with a solid state amp. If you want a good lead sound probably a tube amp w/ a distortion pedal and delay. Also you’ll probably have to tune down for a good rhythm death metal rhythm sound. Try listening to a lot of death metal bands to learn their licks, most don’t have wild solos in them except a few. And have fun learning, see ya.

Anonymous

If you are like me when I first started tapping I would just tap the not by pressing the note with my right hand. But the trick is to tap the note,and then pull your right hand finger off with a slight downward motion.

Anonymous

: I wanna buy a valvolar ampli for my guitar! I need it to play punk/ska/rock!
      : Here in Rome there aren’t a lot of 2nd hand offers!
      : I saw a Marshall 100W head JCM900 (2nd hand)! How do you see it!?!
      : I looked also for a new one but they are very expensive!
      : what can you suggest me!?!

: sorry for my bad english!

: J
      : You DON’T want a 100 watt Marshall! Vox or 50 watt Marshalls should be available in Italia.

Anonymous

What you want is called a "Trem-setter". CHeck with Hipshot for it. Do a search on Hipshot and you should be able to find it.

Anonymous

The only thing I’ve ever seen that type of trem on was a Steinberger. You could lock the trem in case of a broken string. Was way cool , but never really caught on.

Anonymous

KAHLERS ARE THE WORST! THEY SOUND LIKE CRAP AND KILL THE VALUE OF YOUR GUITAR. YOU MIGHT AS WELL DESTROY YOUR GUITAR THEN PLUG IT IN AND PLAY. DONT DESTROY YOUR GUITAR!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Bah! All the metal acts of the 80’s who used American-made B.C. Rich’s had Kahler trem’s, and ya know what? They sounded great! So don’t listen to this narrow-minded soul who is sadly misinformed…. the Kahler trems of old are quite heavy and provide more sustain than Floyd Rose style trems. I have played on Kahler systems as well as Floyd systems, it is simply a matter of preference. But the heavy Kahler’s don’t bleed sustain as bad as the Floyd’s…and that’s a fact. P.S. metalmike-Kahler’s were precision made mostly in the USA, whereas Floyd Rose trems are mass produced in other countries… I for one like American craftmanship, especially on my early 80’s Warlock (which incidentally has a Kahler!)hmmm, its value has gone up since then, wonder why???

Anonymous

Sounds like a grounding problem. The amp should have a three prong plug.If it doesn’t you can run a wire from the chassis of the amp to an approved ground (the screw on the faceplate of any wall socket will do)

Anonymous

Painting a guitar isn’t that big a deal, but your going to pay a buttload for that type of paint.
      Check with any auto body shop and they should be able to turn you on to a source.

Anonymous

: Painting a guitar isn’t that big a deal, but your going to pay a buttload for that type of paint. : Check with any auto body shop and they should be able to turn you on to a source. i agree

Anonymous

: Painting a guitar isn’t that big a deal, but your going to pay a buttload for that type of paint. : Check with any auto body shop and they should be able to turn you on to a source. Standox make a lot of flippy floppy sort of colours but deciding on the flip isnt that easy. You can have a look at http://www.standox.com, ICI make some flippy paints, too. Have a look at http://www.edition38.com/gallery.php?car=5 (this is standox catalunya splash). Heres is the ropey bit : That paint is 220 quid a litres, so if you are in the states, i guess you better times that by about 1.4…. The paint on Master P’s car is known as Indiana Glow, but im not sure about the manufacturer… unless there is another manufacturer copying the paint (which is possible, AND likely)

Anonymous

I was hoping perhaps there would be a bit of walkthrough or at least some precautions, maybe a bit of background to shed light on the subject? I’m approaching the thought of doing this and I don’t want to botch the colours or anything, even as a great artist on paper here I have no experience and am unsure if there are some variables I haven’t thought of.

Anonymous

Go to http://www.harmonycentral.com and find reviews.
      They have the best review site I have ever seen.
      As for myself, never had a raptor but I play Peavey exclusively, and have had pretty good luck with them.

Anonymous

I was wondering what the differenct was. My friend got a Strat. and I was wondering how it was different cause I had never heard of one before. Could someone please e-mail me the answer.

Anonymous

Stratacastors have a smoother, glassy sound more so than the grungier, headbanging sound of a dual-coil pickupguitar. Strats generaly use single coil pick-ups to achieve this. You get more of a bluesy sound (ie. Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray vaughn, robin Trower. I have a strat myself. When I was a teenager I banged away on my Les Paul with nothing but barred chords. Kind of like most beginners did (doesn’t take much ability to play like that). One of my dearest friends played on Bob Seagers "Old time rock and roll" single, has played with Bonnie Rait, Eddie Van Halen, and even did some studio work with JIMMY PAGE (really)!!! He totally agrees with me about the progression from noisy headbanging dual coils to "it takes more of a talent to play" single coils. P.S. Don’t listen to the previous Guitar snobs:

Anonymous

Bluesy sound? Like the mellow BB King or Rockin Freddie King? The blues is in the mind & hands rather than the guitar. Single coil is a crisper although thinner sound that can bite through the clutter of a 100 "head bangers". Humbuckers have a better bass response and better sustain and thus a more mellow tone. Ability has little to do with any quality guitar. I have always ben partial to Gibsons. I like the craftsmanship of a guitar that has bindings and the neck meets the body in a smooth transition. Not that the "bolt the neck on the body and out the door Fenders" aren’t playable. And as for dubbing Bob Seegers name into the mix, I once played on Bob Seegers organ- but it was late and I had a few too many shots of Jack. Just kidding. . . It was actually his Hammond B3 and he had sold it to a friend. And Jake is not a snob like me? Doubt it!

Anonymous

Has anyone tried out Boss’ new RC-20 Loop Station?
      It seems like someone finally figured out that loop tools are very useful when you can record a loop for over 5 minutes
      I used to tinker around with the Boomerang loops, which I thought were great, but they didn’t have a mechanism for going strait from record to stack.
      In other words, say you’re recording something you want to use as a loop. So you hit record, and start playing your loop. When you’re done you hit record again and the loop starts playing and you can play over it.
      BUT, if you want to immediately stack (record another loop) over that one, you have to hit and hold the stack button at the exact time you hit the record button for the second time.
      This is impossible, especially on stage.
      What a loop machine needs is a button that lets you stop recording one loop, immediately start playing it back and recording over it.
      Does anyone know if the RC-20 has this?
      Has anyone used the RC-20 and have comments on it?
      Does anyone know if there are other loop machines that will do this?
      Thanks,
      Matt

Anonymous

: What a loop machine needs is a button that lets you stop recording one loop, immediately start playing it back and recording over it. : Does anyone know if the RC-20 has this? : Has anyone used the RC-20 and have comments on it? : Does anyone know if there are other loop machines that will do this? The RC-20 will do this — sort of. When you hit the left pedal the first time, it starts recording, the second time, it stops recording and starts looping. The third time it starts overdubbing. So if you recorded a loop, and and the end, hit the left pedal twice REAL FAST, you would be stright into overdub mode. I think you would probably still miss a beat.

Anonymous

top amp really valuable

Anonymous

If someone is interested, I sell 1 TC Electronic "Stereo Chorus Flanger", 1 "Big Muff" PI 80, and also 1 Carl Martin "The Fuzz" and 1 Voodoo Lab "SuperFuzz".
      You can find them on Ebay.

Anonymous

I’ve a Zoom GFX4: how can I get the Chuck Schuldiner’s (death)sound? any suggestions for riffs and for solos? thanks

Anonymous

anytime! … never ever ! …

Anonymous

: I’ve a Zoom 505 II: : how can I get the Chuck Schuldiner’s (death)sound? : any suggestions for riffs and for solos? : thanks

Anonymous

: I’ve a Zoom GFX4: : how can I get the Chuck Schuldiner’s (death)sound? : any suggestions for riffs and for solos? : thanks GFX-4 RULES!!!!! 🙂

Anonymous

Get, any decent guitar with humbuckers and plug it in to a Marshall JCM800. Now practice a few hours a day for a decade or so. btw – Chuck would’ve told you "thanks for the compliment but find your own sound – find your own voice".

Anonymous

: I’ve a Zoom GFX4: : how can I get the Chuck Schuldiner’s (death)sound? : any suggestions for riffs and for solos? : thanks

Anonymous

: : I’ve got a Zoom 505II guitar effect: : : how can I get the Chuck Schuldiner’s (death)sound? : : any suggestions for riffs and for solos? : : thanks

Anonymous

IF CONNETTED THE GR09 TO A WORKSTATION SEQUENSER GEM S2 he can play in 16 different midi channel with 16 different sound?till now i figure out how to play in one channel at time. help!!!

Anonymous

I have recently purchased an Imperial 3/4 guitar and I know, and can find out,nothing about the guitar. Any help that anyone could give me on the guitar would be nice.

Anonymous

does anyone know anything about the sovtek mig50h

This popular thread has been given its own page : does anyone know anything about the sovtek mig50h

Anonymous

Check out: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/techtips/floyd_setup.htm

or just search "floyd rose", theres alot of info out there.

: can anyone out there tell me how to change the strings?
      : i already took off the old ones, but i dont know what to do next cuz of the floyd rose thing.. PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous

You can get a tremsetter, but with the fine tuners you should be able to have all strings in tune… I have 2 gutairs w/floyd roses, and have a differnt "tuning method" for each… so can’t really offer any advice there… if you can’t get it in tune check/adjust the hardware, you can find alot of advice on the web on floyd’s…. Good luck.

: I have a floating tremolo (floyd rose or something, i don’t know).
      : The bridge is suspended around a fulcrum. It uses the tension of the strings to hold it up and a really strong spring to hold it down.
      : The problem arises because of the fact that the strings distribute the load of the spring. What that means, is that if I tune one string up, all the other strings get loosr and therefore detune. If I tune one string down, this increases the tension of the other strings, and they all go up in pitch.

: When I play with my friends, I tune my guitar to theirs by first tuning my entire guitar. If I am flat, I detune one string (a sacrificed string) and this raises the pitch of the other strings. If I am sharp, I tune one string very high and this drop the pitch of the other strings.

: I am tired of sacrificing one string everytime i play with someone else or everytime I play to a record or recording. Is there some device I can make or buy that would lock my tremolo. Help.

:
      : danh

Anonymous

Just a note, I thought E5 was 5th, and 4th strings fingered on 2nd fret… 5th string 2nd fret is Em7 ??? if I remember right ???, but been awhile since I thought about it… and am going to stop now that I have.

: I have been looking at my nirvana nevermind music book and the blasted chord keeps croping up! I am new to the guitar seen so if anyone can help me buy giving me the diagram or suggesting alternatives i would be very greatful. thanx ant

Anonymous

I know it sounds lame, but eBay is a good place, only problem is you have to keep looking/watching/bidding, it might not be quick, but when you get a sweet deal from someone who ‘dosen’t know what they have’, it’s worth the little extra effort.

: I’m trying to get a electric guitar and an amp for under 300 dollars. I know, that if you don’t have the dough, you don’t have the flow, but i mean, there’s gotta be somethin’ out there that can get me rockin for that much. Also,I want an amp were i can switch from clean to distortion in the clap of a foot. Help me out here

Anonymous

Yes I need help about getting a good amp with some good features for under 300 dollars. I would like it to have a foot switch with it but if its a good amp with no footswitc that would be OK. I would also like too have a good wattage on it. Thank You For your help George

Anonymous

Only one that worked for me… practice, practice, and more practice… also get a metronome so you can ‘measure’ your speed, then as you work work towards increasing speed, you have a ‘benchmark’ to see measure progress against.

Can anybody tell me if there are any tricks to superfast soloing?

Anonymous

Check it out – from Racer X’s first performance in 12 years!!
      http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1435176045

Anonymous

I was wondering how to paint my guitar if I wanted that color change effect when you tilt it in the light. I would like it to change from a brighter red to a darker blood red. I want it like Master P’s Impala if anyone has seen the episode of MTV Cribs with Master P. I want to know if it’s special paint of a way of painting it or what.

Thanks,
      Ecks007

Anonymous

Hello anybody using DG Stomp!

I would like to buy DG Stomp, it looks like it can solve my problems in home play and stage play together. But I have one equestion to you.
      Is possible to switch DG Stomp to indipendent „effect-box“ mode, I mean like indipendent effect boxes = no presets, for example:
      foot-switch 1 = compressor on/off
      foot-switch 2 = chorus on/off
      foot-switch 3 = delay on/off
      foot-switch 4 = tap tap tempo ?

This combination is important for my decision.

Thank you for your help
      Honey
      Czech Republic
      [email protected]

Anonymous

hi,,i’ve just hired one for about a month to try it out,,i’ll let you know if it will do what you want,, steve. : Hello anybody using DG Stomp! : I would like to buy DG Stomp, it looks like it can solve my problems in home play and stage play together. But I have one equestion to you. : Is possible to switch DG Stomp to indipendent „effect-box“ mode, I mean like indipendent effect boxes = no presets, for example: : foot-switch 1 = compressor on/off : foot-switch 2 = chorus on/off : foot-switch 3 = delay on/off : foot-switch 4 = tap tap tempo ? : This combination is important for my decision. : Thank you for your help : Honey : Czech Republic : [email protected]

Anonymous

Hello, i was wondering if anyone out there could give me a review on a peavey raptor plus becasue i was going to buy one and i like how it looks and all but i havmt been able to find a review on it yet. If anyone can help i would be most greateful! thanks.

Anonymous

Aspri acoustic reverb?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Aspri acoustic reverb?

Anonymous

at the bottom of my nylon string i have the face lifting off a bit (the niose is digsting when playing the guitar) how could i fix it (what type of glue should i you’s exe.)
      Thanx

Anonymous

at the bottom of my nylong string i have the face lifting off a bit (the niose is digsting when playing the guitar) how could i fix it (what type of glue should i you’s exe.)
      Thanx

Anonymous

I am looking for a floating tremolo for Strat with locking system.
      Let me be understood. With "locking system" I mean that when you allow to fall the lever, the bridge is blocked and it doesn’t oscillate with the stretching taken place when you bend the strings on the frets with the left hand. The bridge is unblocked again if we catch (take up) the lever, becoming in floating another time.

Anonymous

found mine on ebay

Anonymous

Can anybody tell me if there are any tricks to superfast soloing?

Anonymous

I recently got a Westbury Deluxe Electric and a Fender Frontman 15R amp. The thing is that I have a problem with static electricity.It gets amplified by the amp and is very annoying.If I touch the strings it stops,same if I touch anything metal.What can I do to stop this? Any Suggestions?
      Thanks.

Anonymous

I have a syncron echo, late 70’s / 80’s , can any one help me I.D its history, place made etc, do you have one, it is a 50 watt unit, value unknown.

cheers paul

Anonymous

Lookin for minimal replacement parts – buttons, possibly case depending on condition and price

can u help ?

Anonymous

Hi i am looking for somewhere to get my copi-cat fixed you need alot of gain for it to work and even then it doesent work well i dont no i it needs new valves i dont think it does but it also goes loud all of a sudden it goes out of controll i wondered if you could fix it for me at a resonable price or know somewhere where i could get it fixed at a good lowish price. Cheers Can u help?

Anonymous

: I have a TST-’56 Tokai. I can’t seem to find it anywhere, and I’d like to know the approximate value. It also has DiMarzio Pickups in the neck and bridge positions. The color is sunburst. Thanks.

See tokairegistry.com

Anonymous

Hey guys, I was given an early 60’s model Conrad with a Sunburst finish as a birthday gift from a younger brother. The guitar is awesome looking, but the previous owner has never done much with it. The guitar is in mint to excellent condition. My question is, "The bridge was not mounted on the guitar and the back pickup doesn’t float. Will the back pickup affect the sound drastically if it doesn’t float and what is the best way to tune the guitar once the bridge is placed under the strings. I have placed a steel string acoustic for nine years and I am really eager to get this electric in tune. Any help would be appreciated. You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Anonymous

Hello fols,

I would like to know where can i get some BOSS-GT3 patches.

Thanks

Anonymous

: Hello fols, : I would like to know where can i get some BOSS-GT3 patches. also what do u think is the best guitar that u know which has the lowest strings to the fretboard, and the straightest. : Thanks

Anonymous

Hello Folks,

I would like to know where can i find some patches to the BOSS-GT3

Thanks

Anonymous

I WISH I COULD FIND A DAMN PICTURE OF MY GUITAR…ITS A YAMAKI 6 STRING ACOUTSIC. IF YOU HAVE ANY PICS AVAILABLE PLEASE POST THEM. THANK YOU

Anonymous

I would like to know if you can turn 2 single coils into 1 humbucker. And if so, how to do it. Does anywhone a site were I can get the info?? Thanx

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Thanks Armin, for the moment not much look around there.
      Thanks for the feedback anyways
      Cheers

Anonymous

I recently bought a 2nd hand 70’s reissue squire strat with a ‘JV’ series serial no. I dont know what sort of body wood and pick ups were used. If anyone knows anything about them I would appreicate a reply.

Anonymous

the bodys are made of swamp ash

Anonymous

: I recently bought a 2nd hand 70’s reissue squire strat with a ‘JV’ series serial no. I dont know what sort of body wood and pick ups were used. If anyone knows anything about them I would appreicate a reply. Yep it’s a Fender Squier JV series, dating from 1982 to 1985 ish (serial number should tell you or take the neck off and it should be written by hand on the end of the neck or under the neck). These guitars were made from USA parts shipped over and assembled in Japan, Although retailing at around £225 as budget models they were surprisingly good quality (especially the 1982 examples) and are now well regarded.

Anonymous

I’m looking for a red one with the nicotine scratch plate. I’ve only seen one and it was a real bute. Any body got one for sale?

Anonymous

As I understand it, the JV (which stands for Japanese Vintage)were the original ‘reissue’ guitars made under contract in Japan in 82 and 83 before Fender US starting doing reissues themselves. They apparently used brilliant woods and the electrics are actually US! Fender US didn’t like the fact that the JVs were actually better than what they were producing at the time, and the result was the US reissue series, and much crappier/cheaper Squiers from 84 on. The word is they are a damn good guitar and well worth getting your hands on (especially as they are often priced like later carppy Squiers). (see http://oyt.oulu.fi/tbl/archive/VOL1/700-799/bl778.html for more)

Anonymous

I Trying to find out what my Guitar is worth,I,m thinking of trading it off, If anyone could give me any information I would really appreciate it.Thanks

Anonymous

Has anybody had any good (or bad) luck with the Gretch model 3155. It’s one of teh Historic Series. I got the chance to buy a new one for 50 and not sure it’s a good deal or if it’s a good guitar. Thanks.

Anonymous

I am looking for classical guitar arrangements for Christian Contemporary music or more traditional religous music. I play about grade 3 or 4 classical guitar, and help out with worship team music.

Anonymous

Maybe start out finding a bass player so at least you have a 3 piece band. If your lucky he/she might have some gear. Stereo speakers will NOT do the job. They would sound terrible, then you would blow the speakers. If you can scrape up 00 or so and sell your crate, you could buy a pretty decent amp to get you by.(35-50 watts) You might have to wash dishes somewhere, but hey, you want to sound better right ?

Anonymous

The other night I attended a kegger. A live band was there and I asked if me and my drummer(that’s all my band is so far) could play a song or too.They said sure.This is our first time in front of a real crowd.We played N.I.B by Black Sabbath.Everyone liked it.I guess my question is wht do I need to get to start gigging. I’m only 15, i’ve got the recources of a dead Clown. Had we not been playing on the other bands equipment, the drums would kind of drown ou most of my sound.I have a 15+ watt Crate GFX-15 amp.What do I need to gig?My uncle could sell me speakers he uses for his stereo, would that work?Could I just use these speakers to hook up to the little amp and get a decent noise or do I need to get a job and by some real gear?

Anonymous

g-string goes out of tune...it's drivin' me nutz!

This popular thread has been given its own page : g-string goes out of tune…it’s drivin’ me nutz!

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Original Billy T and the BT series e.g. BT2 etc.

Anonymous

the Billy T is a custom, high end washburn, with Duncan designed pickups, grover tuners and better over construction. The BT’s are korean made, average quality knock offs of the Billy T. The BT’s are still nice starter or second guitars, but the Billy T is a nice, high-middle0grade guitar

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to get that amp blowing up sound that the Velvets achieved on songs like Run,Run,Run and I Hear Her Call My Name? Without turning up full and actually blowing the amp if you can!

Anonymous

hi, the best way to do this is w/ an eq pedal … or get like a cheapy mixer and put your guitar through that and then tweak the inputs till its mutated beyond belief… just find anyway of maxing out your signal beyond 11 and thats how its done…. any effect or pedal thats got a volume knob will do crank the shit up on the pedal and turn your amp down or better yet if your using the mixer or 4 track method just max out the input signal and turn down the output. that works for me … bye ~JJ noize king

Anonymous

I just bought a Fender Mexican Strat, and for the life of me i cant figure out how to change the strings. if any1 could help me out that would be great. my e-mail is [email protected]. Peace Chris

Anonymous

Is there any good amp settings sites? for maybe a laney tube fusion series 300??

Anonymous

Cort Steinberger Bass Copy

This popular thread has been given its own page : Cort Steinberger Bass Copy

Anonymous

I wanna buy a valvolar ampli for my guitar! I need it to play punk/ska/rock!
      Here in Rome there aren’t a lot of 2nd hand offers!
      I saw a Marshall 100W head JCM900 (2nd hand)! How do you see it!?!
      I looked also for a new one but they are very expensive!
      what can you suggest me!?!

sorry for my bad english!

J

Anonymous

i’m looking to buy a cheap OR second hand marshall jcm 800 lead series head and a cab to go with it. Can you help me with this.my price range for the head is £400 and £400 for the cab.

Anonymous

I just purchased a Japanese Stratocaster and was wondering if anyone knew how to determine if it is indeed a real Strat or did they just slap a Strat neck on a Strat shaped body. Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

HELP!!!!!

I have the toughest time breaking strings when I put in a new set for my 12-string. I just broke the high A, high D, and high G. It’s driving me crazy!

What am I doing wrong?

Also, can anyone tell me the typical diameter string gauge of the high A, D, and G?

Thanks

RK

Anonymous

Hi, we’re beta testing a recording collaboration site at http://www.nowRECORDING.com and need musicians to test it out. At nowRECORDING, you use any recording software you want and upload all files as mono mp3’s, no specialized software required! All projects can be posted for FREE as we try to get feedback from our users. Please email [email protected] if you have questions, and please send us your comments. If you have ideas regarding software that works well as a multitrack recorder, and can import and export mono mp3’s please let us know and we’ll post these links and info.

Thanks!

Anonymous

I just moved to Los Angeles. I’m an advanced intermediate rock guitarist. Who are the hottest teachers in town?

Anonymous

does anyone know the price of a "standel" 12 string guitar????

Anonymous

HENDRIX WAS CRAP!!!

This popular thread has been given its own page : HENDRIX WAS CRAP!!!

Anonymous

Yes,Jim is right.These are called power-chords because when the root(G)and 5th(D)are played together,you’ll get tremendous amounts of overtones and harmonics. Thats why these chords sound so huge.

Anonymous

Take a look at http://www.guitargeek.com, they have a list of artists’ entire set-ups. It’s pretty cool.

Anonymous

A POD is probably not your best bet. I would suggest a good overdrive pedal. The Boss Blues Driver is incredible (don’t let the name fool you, it has an awesome overdrive). Also, look into getting a compressor, the MXR DynaComp is pretty cool. And maybe a chorus pedal and a delay pedal. That is pretty much all you would need for what you play. I hope this helps some. Good Luck.

Anonymous

Hey folks,
      does anyone here use the boss br-8 for recording? I am very curious as to how much work I (or anyone) could get done on a measley 100mb zip drive. I am ready to make a purchase but, am very confused. Any help is appreciated !
      Thanks,
      Tod.

Anonymous

Could anyone tell me if there is a book, magazine, or any publication that is dedicated to effects pedals. For example, I would like to be find out what effects pedals, etc. are used by popular guitarists, and how can I go about trying to capture their sound.
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Jack

Anonymous

: i what a cart that shows me all the power coreds, because i went to learn all of the power cordes. So can u send me a chart with all the power cordes and where the fingers go.

: FROM JUAN

Anonymous

: : : i what a cart that shows me all the power coreds, because i went to learn all of the power cordes. So can u send me a chart with all the power cordes and where the fingers go. : : FROM JUAN

Anonymous

: : : : : i what a cart that shows me all the power coreds, because i went to learn all of the power cordes. So can u send me a chart with all the power cordes and where the fingers go. : : : FROM Mark

Anonymous

: : : : : i what a cart that shows me all the power coreds, because i want to learn all of the power cordes. So can u send me a chart with all the power cordes and where the fingers go? : : : FROM bo

Anonymous

I have a 12 string Encenada -Hummingbird Replica "Dove"
      dual pickquards "with doves" in good shape no cracks, etc. just a few normal scuffs, anyone have any ideal what is might be worth if anything

Anonymous

I’m trying to get a electric guitar and an amp for under 300 dollars. I know, that if you don’t have the dough, you don’t have the flow, but i mean, there’s gotta be somethin’ out there that can get me rockin for that much. Also,I want an amp were i can switch from clean to distortion in the clap of a foot. Help me out here

Anonymous

I have an 1978 MC350 Ibanez Musician 6 string electric guitar. Before I purchased this guitar someone had completely screwed up the wiring, and adding junk on it.
      I am in need of a few replacement parts trying to make it original.
      1. One new volume knob and volume switch.
      2. One new 3 way switch this switch is up on the top of the guitar.
      3. One new tri-sound switch? This switch is the one by the tone adjustment knobs.
      4. One new plug in for the cord.
      5. All new gold plated screws for all the switch covers.

I would also like to know if you have any literature in the set up of this guitar as in height adjustments for the pick-ups, and the bridge, nut.

Any information you could help me with would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff Eggleston

Anonymous

The missing tones are b and f

Anonymous

hi folks, I’m looking for scanned shred tabs, eg. Young Guitar (japanese mag) articles, transcription books etc.
      anyone who can help. willing to trade stuff.
      you can email me privately if you want

Anonymous

lookin for black sabbath scanned tabs i have some from zeep and metallica no trade get em for free

Anonymous

: lookin for metallica scanned tabs especialy from album Garage INC : no trade get em for free

Anonymous

could you mail me "For Whom The Bells Tall"? been looking all over the web for a corect one..

Anonymous

: lookin for black sabbath scanned tabs i have some from zeep and metallica : no trade get em for free :hey man can you send me the tab of sabbra caddabra? :i´ve a lot of scanned metallica tabs and the original of paranoid for guitar. :send me a mail if you want would be cool

Anonymous

: lookin for black sabbath scanned tabs i have some from zeep and metallica : no trade get em for free :hey man can you send me the tab of sabbrs caddabra? :i´ve a lot of scanned metallica tabs and the original of paranoid for guitar. :send me a mail if you want would be cool

Anonymous

: lookin for black sabbath scanned tabs i have some from zeep and metallica : no trade get em for free :hey man can you send me the tab of sabbrs caddabra? would be cool

Anonymous

String height on a bcrich warlock with floyd rose trem

This popular thread has been given its own page : String height on a bcrich warlock with floyd rose trem

Anonymous

hi, i would like to know the price of the following items:
      Sakura "distortion" pedal,
      and a "Standel" 12 string guitar.

thanks, J

Anonymous

it’s a normal scale (c,d, e,f,g,a, b, c) without two tones. in this case the b and i think e or g. it makes it easier to solo without those two.

Anonymous

: I’m just starting to try to play the guitar. (by myself, no lessons) I’ve heard the words pentatonic scale before, but I have no idea what it is. Could someone please help me?

Anonymous

WHAT IS THE PENTATONIC SCALE?????

Anonymous

It’s a "power chord", put your 1st finger on the 2nd fret of the 5th string, now play just the top
      two strings. You just played E5! If you need to play G5 put your 1st finger on the 3rd fret
      of the 6th string and your 3rd finger on the 5th fret of the 5th string. You can move this anywhere
      on the top strings, where-ever your 1st finger is, thats what chord you are playing. The "5" is in
      reference to the degree of the scale that note is in relation to "E", the 5th is the dominant note
      in the scale, thats why they are called power chords.

Jim in Canada http://www.mp3.com/jimgraham

: I have been looking at my nirvana nevermind music book and the blasted chord keeps croping up! I am new to the guitar seen so if anyone can help me buy giving me the diagram or suggesting alternatives i would be very greatful. thanx ant

Anonymous

Hi’ Is there any interest out there for exquisite 1/3rd scale instruments ( music box) built exactly as a full scale instrument. 14 inches high steel strung ,remvable bridgepins and saddle etc, etc. I do make full size instruments as well. It’s just an idea but there is a catch – they are expensive!

Anonymous

I have been looking at my nirvana nevermind music book and the blasted chord keeps croping up! I am new to the guitar seen so if anyone can help me buy giving me the diagram or suggesting alternatives i would be very greatful. thanx ant

Anonymous

The E% cord is the same as E power cord open 6th or low E 5 string 2nd bar 4 string 2nd bar

Anonymous

Hey,
      Well I’ve found a recent deal ona used Marshall Stack. It includes a JCM600 Head (60W All Tube), and a VS412 Cab (140W, 8Ohm, Mono, 4×12, Gold Back Speakers). I get all this for 00CDN(50US). I’m an intermediate guitarist, and will be gigging in small clubs with my band. What are you thoughts about this set? A good deal? I’m strapped for cash, and I think this is the best I can get for my money at the moment.

–Mark

Anonymous

: Hey, : Well I’ve found a recent deal ona used Marshall Stack. It includes a JCM600 Head (60W All Tube), and a VS412 Cab (140W, 8Ohm, Mono, 4×12, Gold Back Speakers). I get all this for $900CDN($550US). I’m an intermediate guitarist, and will be gigging in small clubs with my band. What are you thoughts about this set? A good deal? I’m strapped for cash, and I think this is the best I can get for my money at the moment. : –Mark Hey Mark take it…awesome deal

Anonymous

I have a pepermint green fender strat with the same colour headstock the serial no is on the back it reads n514624 i believe it’s a 94 ? any info would be great. cheers

Anonymous

I use two Seymores in my epiphone firebird and it cooks I swear by it.

Anonymous

I have an Ovation Balladeer Electric that is many yuears old. It is in good shape except there appeared spontainiously a crack in the face. I would emagine the top will need to be removed and the crack reapired. Can anyone tell me where I could get this done and if you have any guess at how much it might cost? I’m wondering if a used guitar might be cheaper. Thanks, Tony

Anonymous

I have a 94′ collectors edition that has cracked where the bowl seams up with the top. The sound doesn’t seem to be affected by the crack but I’m worried that it will get worse. What are my options? Could I glue it with epoxy and clamp it? Or do I have to take it to a repair man? I live in northern Maine and there is not much up here for repair service so I would probably have to send it away. It’s a good guitar but I don’t think I will ever buy another Ovation because of the problems with the top finish(I do also have a crack in the laminate) and this new problem with the bowl. Please help. Thanks, Tyne.

Anonymous

I don’t know what parts make distortions operate.But people generally think it gets louder when actually it doesn’t.The guitar is a tenor instrument,the human ear is tuned to tenor response(cymbles,trumpet,trombone, snare drum).When you click on the dist.box,the overtones and harmonics are increased,thus making it sound louder than it really is.Even at "bedroom" levels.
      Wah pedals use whats call a potentiometer(POT)to increase voltage output.By rocking back and forth,the wah sound is produced when the tone goes sharp or smooth.This a result of changing the voltages.Phase shifters use this same basic principle.But the"sweeps" are automatic.Thats why powerful phasers(Boss PH-2,MXR 100’s) are hard on batteries.Harmony Central has more technical info. on this.
      Hope this helps

Anonymous

Fender Serial number

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fender Serial number

Anonymous
      Anonymous

ive been in a band for like 8 months now, and i was wondering if any1 could send me relativly easy tabs that either you have written or ones u just know that sound good on an acoustic guitar. thanks, PTTF

Anonymous

hey, ive been playing the guitar for about 4 months now and was wondering if you could send me any relitivley easy tabs, no worries if u cant but if u could it’d be great!! thanx a lot .

Anonymous

I know some really easy tabs for any guitar player, I taught myself to read tablature two days ago and i already learned five songs…try going to any search engine any looking for nnirvana tabs, their songs are easy to play. yesterday i learned smells like teen spirit (actually i could already play it, but now that i can read tab, it sounds a lot better), in bloom and come as you are…im working my way through the cd. anyway, you should really try some of these, and they could give you ideas for your own. I played sweet dreams really slow, then i recorded it and sped it up 100% and reversed it and it sounds wicked.

Anonymous

the first song i learned (’cause it was easy) was Another Lonely Day by Ben Harper. it’s an easy tune and it sounds wicked

Anonymous

I have a guitar with serial number 26912 and I believe the model number is WO 206 80 – how do I find out what make it is.

Anonymous

I like to hear the aprox. value of an excellent cond. 1959 LP Jr3/4 W/orig. case..

Anonymous

Early 1950s Guitar I think. Can anyone tell me anything about this instrument?

Anonymous

What pedals do I really need? I’m into loads of different styles but mostly rock, less blues and metal. How many pedlas do i need? Is worth getting a pod-like multi effect pedal?

Anonymous

I have a floating tremolo (floyd rose or something, i don’t know).
      The bridge is suspended around a fulcrum. It uses the tension of the strings to hold it up and a really strong spring to hold it down.
      The problem arises because of the fact that the strings distribute the load of the spring. What that means, is that if I tune one string up, all the other strings get loosr and therefore detune. If I tune one string down, this increases the tension of the other strings, and they all go up in pitch.

When I play with my friends, I tune my guitar to theirs by first tuning my entire guitar. If I am flat, I detune one string (a sacrificed string) and this raises the pitch of the other strings. If I am sharp, I tune one string very high and this drop the pitch of the other strings.

I am tired of sacrificing one string everytime i play with someone else or everytime I play to a record or recording. Is there some device I can make or buy that would lock my tremolo. Help.

danh

Anonymous

6 string Acoustic. I bought it new in 197? (can’t remember exactly). It is "The Anniversary Model" ( I think the 10th). The model is 1157-7 and the serial number is 150992. It is in mint condition. Just wanting to find out some things like – specs, number made, approx worth.

Anonymous

: 6 string Acoustic. I bought it new in 197? (can’t remember exactly). It is "The Anniversary Model" ( I think the 10th). The model is 1157-7 and the serial number is 150992. It is in mint condition. Just wanting to find out some things like – specs, number made, approx worth. : I bought the exact same guitar brand new at E.U.Wurlitzer in Boston. Mines mint too. But I’m afarid its only worth about $450 or half what I paid for it. Ovation’s electronics have come a long way since then.

Anonymous

WESTBURY DELUXE : INFO!!!

This popular thread has been given its own page : WESTBURY DELUXE : INFO!!!

Anonymous

Right now i am doing some research on the design and research of guitar-effects and how people percept this processed sound. For example the influence of a distortion like clipping and therefore raising the loudness in the perception. Another example is the Wahwah pedal, how this passband filter influences the original electric guitar sound. I would be very interested if anyone has information, a link or can help me some other way out.

Anonymous

I want to sell my 50W JCM 800 lead series head and my JCM 900 lead series 4×12 cabinet. They are both about 10 years old, in PERFECT condition, and barely ever used. What would be a fair asking price for each item?

Can you please email me the answer.

Thank you.

Anonymous

: I want to sell my 94′ peavy solo series special 112 , how much do you think its worth? : Can you please email me the answer. : Thank you.

Anonymous

: I want to sell my Stage 100k amp , it has 3 imputs with seperate volume and bas, treble controls . : Can you please email me the answer. : Thank you.

Anonymous

: : I want to sell my Stage 100k amp , it has 3 imputs with seperate volume, bas and treble controls . it is black with a height of 20 inches and width of 30 . its in perfect condition. : : Can you please email me the answer. : : Thank you.

Anonymous

Rockman guitar effect

This popular thread has been given its own page : Rockman guitar effect

Anonymous

Yamaha rex 50 digital effects unit (manual)

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yamaha rex 50 digital effects unit (manual)

Anonymous

: Hi there,
      : I just bought an used Rocktron Bradshaw Switching System RSB-18F. I was wondering if any of you guys would know where I could find the manual and the specs.
      : Cheers
      : Nani

Hi Nani,
      you know the homepage: http://www.customaudioelectronics.com? I think there you’ll find some Informaion…

Armin

Anonymous

: : Hi there,: : Nani : : I just bought an used Rocktron Bradshaw Switching System RSB-18F. I was wondering if any of you guys would know where I could find the manual and the specs. : : Cheers : Hi Nani, : you know the homepage: http://www.customaudioelectronics.com? I think there you’ll find some Informaion… : Armin hi there nani, just wondering if your interested in selling your rocktron/bradshaw rsb-18f controller??? regards gav

Anonymous

GO to http://www.edromanguitars.com YOU can find out a lot about wood and paint. might help.

Anonymous

Absolutely!! Although epis are good stuff and a interesting deal if you´re short on cash, but a real Gibson is something that Epis try to remember….

Big Alex
      Blues& Beer Band
      http://www.rol.com.br/blues&beer

: A Gibson is always going to kick ass over the Epiphones. Gibsons are made in the USA, Epis are Korean, good guitars but not to the level of the Gibs

Anonymous

Can anyone send me the chords for " Come rain or Come Shine " as played by BB and Clapton preferably?

Thanks in advance,

Big Alex
      Blues & Beer Band
      http://www.rol.com.br/blues&beer

Anonymous

Used Martin D28 in the late 70’s Price range:,500-18,00

Anonymous

Hay algun bajista que quiera formar parte de un grupo?
      Ya hay dos guitarras y una bateria y tenemos de experiencia como año y medio y tenemos 16 años,Nos gusta de Metallica a greend day. asi que algun novato le parece bien la idea de tocar un rato, escribame

Anonymous

please can someone tell me how i can obtain music tablature that music shops don’t stock and tabs are not on the web?.i’m not talking obscure songs either.is it possible to ask the publishers named on the recording direct?.also,would they be more likely to sell/provide if for private use or public performance?thanks in advance of any replies.

Anonymous

can anyone out there tell me how to change the strings?
      i already took off the old ones, but i dont know what to do next cuz of the floyd rose thing.. PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous

Visit the fender site – fender,com and go to the FAQ section and it will identify woods used, alder,bass,mahogany etc..

Anonymous

You need to take it to a repairman and have it replaced professionally. If however you would like to try, check http://www.stewmac.com for parts. Trust me though, if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing (and have all the proper tools) you’ll pretty much make a hash out of replacing a neck, it’s the most important part of a guitar setup.

: Help! I broke the neck on my Ovation Electric Classical model 1624. Where can I find a replacement? The Kaman Corp website doesn’t have parts. So don’t send me there. I live and work in the Houston, TX area. Any help or ideas on how to fix it would be appreciated. Thx

Anonymous

You need to make an educated guess, is it a 70s model? Take a look at this website:

http://webserver.gibson.com/downloads//bluebook/GibsonSERIALNUMBERS.pdf

The only thing possible that I saw was maybe 1961. Are you sure it’s only a six digit serial number? I’m not sure if they made LP Customs that early.

: I have Les Paul of ser. No 1 4880. Still unable to assign the vintage of this one. Even Gibson is unable. Is there any expert who can exatly determine when this guitar was made plus/or what data source I can use to solve that?

Anonymous

:Is the number stamped on? If it is it might be a ’71 LP Customs started in 1954… in 1957-58-59 they had humbuckers instead of single -coil p/us…not absolutely sure if they were offered in 60 like the sunbursts were hope that helps st

Anonymous

Try the Gretsch Pages (www.gretschpages.com)

: I have searched high and low for the gold sparkle trim material that Gretsch used on their white falcons guitars.
      : I can’t believe that someone out there doesn’t know the where-abouts of some of that material.
      : The material was originally used as drum covering material(and still is as I understand).
      : I have been able to aquire a similar material, but it is more copper in color than gold.
      : I need to do some repair to my guitar, and I need an exact match.
      : Can anyone help?

Anonymous

Okay Chica,

Let’s just pick one type of guitar to keep it fairly simple:
      A Gibson Les Paul is made with the following woods,
      Mahogany body, with a Maple top, Rosewood Fingerboard (unless it’s a Les Paul Custom, then it’s an Ebony Fingerboard), and depending on what year it was made, either a maple or mahogany neck.

The traditional material for the nut is bone. The inlays in the fingerboard are Pearloid (Pearl colored celluloid; celluloid is a plastic that’s derived from cellulose, i.e. wood fiber), on the Les Paul Custom, the inlays in the fingerboard (and on the peghead of a Custom) are made of Mother of Pearl, which is what oyster shells/clam shells are lined with.

Depending on what year it was made the machine heads (tuning heads) are made either of stamped steel, with brass gears, or cast brass with steel post inserts in both cases. The knobs are either plastic or metal depending.

The binding (the light colored ring around the edge of the top and down the sides of the fingerboard) is made of celluloid, as is the pickguard, the backplate, and the switch cover. The controls are made by switchcraft and they’re made of metal, mostly tin. The pickups are wound with copper wire, and have magnets in them, and each pickup (usually two) has 6 steel screws for adjustment purposes. There are also two steel screws that adjust the overall height of each pickup, and there are four steel screws that hold each pickup to the body. The strings are usually nickel steel, or stainless steel, depending on what you want. The strap buttons are usually made of aluminum, and are held in by steel screws, with a felt insert between the body and the button to protect the finish.
      THe finish of the guitar (traditionally) is nitro-cellulose laquer. A lot of new guitars are made with a polyurethane finish, but laquer is the best still.

: I have a paper due in the next few days on the chemistry of guitars… What I need to know is what woods are used in making guitars and why, what are strings made out of and why…and things about paint, finishes, plastic or anything else that I need to know. Please help me I’m desprite.

THe wiring inside the body is steel braided.

The bridge and tailpiece are made of chrome plated brass or aluminum, (old ones are nickel plated)

The pickup covers are chrome plated tin.

The frets are nickel steel.

I hope this info helps you

Anonymous

I’m just starting to try to play the guitar. (by myself, no lessons) I’ve heard the words pentatonic scale before, but I have no idea what it is. Could someone please help me?

Anonymous

I just bought a fender Pro 185 amp and was wondering if anyone has this very amp, and if they could help me get a good grungy distortion?.. I am a bit overwhelmed with all the adjustments..THANKS!!

Anonymous

Peter Stuart’s suggestion sounds a little too pingy to me. I am into the heavy, deep, distorted sounding songs and this setup sounds good on my 185 Pro: CLEAN Volume Whatever Treble 8 Mid cut Out for honky tonk, in for acustic Mid 2 Bass 7 DISTORTION Gain 7.25 Boost 6.5 Treble 4 Mid Boost In for heavy distortion,out for clearer Mid 3 Bass 10 Contour -5 Tilt Out Presence -2 Volume Whatever Reverb I usually keep it off When trying this remember that your guitar is probibly different than mine and you will get a slightly different sound.This is just to help you get in the ballpark of what you are looking for.

Anonymous

: I just bought a fender Pro 185 amp and was wondering if anyone has this very amp, and if they could help me get a good grungy distortion?.. I am a bit overwhelmed with all the adjustments..THANKS!! I’ve had the 185 since they came out. I really like the amp and couldn’t understand why they stopped production. Anyway in response to your problem I use the following set up as my basic set up and tweek it as required for various songs. not including the first eq. it runs as follows: Gain 3 Boost 3 Treble 7 (mid boost out) Mid 6 Bass 7 Contour +5 (tilt in) Prescence 0 Volume whatever Reverb 8 I don’t much care for the effects loop so I run my effects direct. Hope that helps Peter Effen Stuart

Anonymous

: i have found that if you turn up the gain but turn down the contour, you’ll get a really hard-core distortion. Do any other pro 185 owners out there know the true rms wattage of this amp?

Anonymous

150 watts.

Anonymous

: Hi everybody,

: Check out this new guitarsite…
      : http://www.harrynijkamp.nl
      <a href="http://www.harrynijkamp.nl&quot; target="_blank">http://www.harrynijkamp.nl</a&gt;

Anonymous

Hi everybody,

Check out this new guitarsite…
      http://www.harrynijkamp.nl

Anonymous

: Hi there u guys,i´m facing a problem that is taking my sleep at night, i have a usa fender telecaster with the original pick-ups, neither the single coil or the lipstick gives me the sound i want…and i just bought 2 distortions pedlas:a ibanez tubeking and a xxl from teck 21.
      : So help me out and suggest which pickups can give a sound like bands like :" Live,Feeder,Muse…etc."
      : I was thinkin in Seymor Duncan hotrail, and a alnico pro 2 for the lipstick…
      : Email me pleaseeeeeeeeee
      : Cheers,

: Miguel – Portugal

Anonymous

: : Hi there u guys,i´m facing ai have a standard fender telecaster with the original pick-ups, neither the single coil and i want to buy another pickups and i want a pickup with a better sound with a distortion what can i buy?

Anonymous

I have a 5 page report due in the next few days on the chemistry of guitars. I can’t find hardly any info out there so please somebody please help me. I need to know what types of wood guitars are made out of and why, what the strings are made out of and why,…finishes, plastics, paint and other equipment is made out of and why. Please let me know asap. I would really appreciate it.thank you.

Anonymous

can anyone please tell me where the two capcitors on the control panel are connected to? Particularly the 0.1 uf

Anonymous

I have a paper due in the next few days on the chemistry of guitars… What I need to know is what woods are used in making guitars and why, what are strings made out of and why…and things about paint, finishes, plastic or anything else that I need to know. Please help me I’m desprite.

Anonymous

: If you want the Pumpkins sound, get a Big Muff and A Marshall JCM 800. Use the low input jack, keep the gain and volume down a bit on the pedal and use single coils. This should give you what you are looking for.

Anonymous

hi everyone..
      after reading hundreds of posts about the ‘poor cheap Korean’ js-100, and being the owner of a js-100 with a print ‘made in japan’ on it, i’m curious if mine is the only japanese js-100 ??

Anonymous

Yeah, i was just wondering whether it would be possible to make your own ebow? I know that its basically an electro magnet but if theres any other info anyone has on them i would be grateful.

Anonymous

Hi, I have a 79 gibson les paul standard with orig. tuners that need to be replaced, and they aren’t Grovers. Can someone tell me if Grovers will fit without drilling? Any suggestions about other brands or a website for replacements?

Anonymous

I would like to know how to get a good sustained distortion. For example Smashing Pumpkins sounding,is there a pedal that fits that description?

Anonymous

The best way to enter a bass line is to follow the root of your chord progression. Change the key parameter to transpose down to -36, this way you can play your keyboard with your right hand. Use Acoustic bass as your first voice and if neccessary, clone this track and use a different sound an octave higher to fatten it up. In terms of automatically generating a bass line, there are several programs like Band In A box and Jammer (which should be on your Cakewalk CD ROM). I found these to be harder to learn and cheesier than putting my own simple bass line. Good Luck hope this helped.

Anonymous

i what a cart that shows me all the power coreds, because i went to learn all of the power cordes. So can u send me a chart with all the power cordes and where the fingers go.

FROM JUAN

Anonymous

Ovation 1624

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ovation 1624

Anonymous

I have a Takamine GS-330S and would like to record myself. I have a karoke machine and a computer with a mic, the pc also has capabilities to edit music that is recoredeed. Any tips on how to get a good recording would be appreciated.

Anonymous

One other thing – what i was basically getting at is will a DOT be enough?

I mean, I can probably do some aftermarket upgrades – pickups, tuning pegs, etc….

So whaddya all think?

thanks again!

Anonymous

Now look – this subject may have been beaten to death in the past, but i am seriously close to picking up an Epi. I play at home, might gig occasionaly, and have my mind set on a Gibson ES335 style guitar. Of course
      I don’t have the cash for a Gibson – and I have heard that the Epiphone Archtops – Casino, Dot, Sheraton II and Riviera are all remarkable playing, sounding and lasting guitars for the price.
      In effect, you can’t beat the price/value combo.

However, the question is this. WHICH do i choose. I mean, other than cosmetics, we are essentially talking a basic Dot with either Mahogony fretboard, Spruce Tops, Gold hardware, "pearl" inlay, "abalone" inlay.

Basically, I want to play a guitar that will allow me the warmth of a nicely aged acoustic, the sustain, tone and thickness of a Gibson, at a really nice price.

For instance, i wouldn’t pay 1400 for a limited edition Epi Casino (no offense) b/c i would rather get the Gibson ES 335.

Any tips? Would love to hear them. Also, is it true that enamel coats are used on more inferior woods (since you can paint them till its gone?" no concern
      asi am looking at a vintage sunburst.

Anyway….please respond….and thank you.

Anonymous

Hi…actually I TOO am looking for feedback concerning the differences between the Epi Casino, Sheraton2 and the Dot. I’ve been playin acoustic guitar for a year now and want to move up to an electric and the Epi ollow and semi hollow design suit me….BUT I have much to learn and am looking for experienced feedback on personal preferences as to differences in sound, etc from anyone out there. I realize its a totally subjective thing pickin out a guitar, but I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks! Oh….if u could email me directly that would be even better! peace out. 🙂

Anonymous

If someone knows how can have the Michael Romeo’s sound with the GT3 and a Red Bear, please mail me: my guitar sounds like shit!!!

Anonymous

"Made in Japan" and "crafted in Japan" appear on reissues at the rear heel section of the neck, that I understand are no longer available, apart from the obvious difference in wording, does any one know why the variation or implications on value ?

Anonymous

I have a syncron echo 50 watt amplifier, which I bought from a groovy hippie about 20 or so years ago, I know nothing about it, can any body help or have one ? I think it is possibly American.

Anonymous

I have one of those amps, its 25 years old and cost £40 originally….I know nowt about it either.

Anonymous

:Hi i it,s nice to know that the amp is over 20 years old and the price was 40 pounds thanks tojemma i just bought one for 15 pounds if you find any more info let me know Alun

Anonymous

watkins copicat - parts

This popular thread has been given its own page : watkins copicat – parts

Anonymous

I’ve been taking lesson for the last 6 months and would like to play with other more advanced artist to improve my skills. I live in the Los Angeles area…

Anonymous

: The SG is a good choice. Get an Ampeg or Sunn amp
      and a fuzz face. That should give you the acid rock sound.

Anonymous

:
      : Metallica is a shadow of itself. They should pack it in.

Anonymous

Hi there u guys,i´m facing a problem that is taking my sleep at night, i have a usa fender telecaster with the original pick-ups, neither the single coil or the lipstick gives me the sound i want…and i just bought 2 distortions pedlas:a ibanez tubeking and a xxl from teck 21.
      So help me out and suggest which pickups can give a sound like bands like :" Live,Feeder,Muse…etc."
      I was thinkin in Seymor Duncan hotrail, and a alnico pro 2 for the lipstick…
      Email me pleaseeeeeeeeee
      Thanx
      Cheers,

Miguel – Portugal

Anonymous

i am wondering if anyone can tell me what a yamaki,AY435S,solid top 12 string would be worth. please e-mail me and let me know

Anonymous

Wanted to buy an Ibanez acoustic guitar 76 vintage 600-700 series must be in good condition

Anonymous

Hello

Anybody have test the V-Amp of Behringer?.
      I don’t have comparision between this model and other models, like line 6 of pod.

Anonymous

I just purchased a V-Amp and I already have the POD. The reason I bought it is because the price was too good and I needed a practice effects unit. As I sit here playing thru it, I am blown away by how good it sounds. If this had been out when I bought the POD, I wouldn’t have bought the POD. I like the fact that you get a case and bank pedal also. I highly recommend the V-Amp.

Anonymous

manual for zoom 9030,please

Anonymous

Create your own Guitar Reference Database for FREE and distribute it.

Program is only 630 KB, no dll, no runtimes needed.

Screenshot:
      http://www.ready4music.com/grb.jpg

Download:
      http://www.ready4music.com/download/setup.exe

Anonymous

Ventas de guitarras electricas en EUA

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ventas de guitarras electricas en EUA

Anonymous

Ibanez BTB 515

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ibanez BTB 515

Anonymous

: I wonder if the portable Rockman for electric guitar is still available or there is a new product. Thanks

: A used Soloist is readily available on ebay. Get one with the adapter. 5-100.

Anonymous

: Have original goldtop 1954 Les Paul Gibson in original case. Has been is storage for years. Want an honest appraisal,or how to go about gettin one!

: Contact Gruhn guitars.

Anonymous

hey guys~
      im just beginning to play an acoustic guitar…ive had some lesson and know some simple chords. i was wondering if anyone could help me out with some tabs for easy playable songs…ehh im looking more for popular songs and no i dont mean pop no backstreet boys crap!!! anyone with some good songs id really appreciate it! thanks guys

Anonymous

l have 2 vintage Kay guitars. l wish to sell them. Also one 73 watt Kay amp

Anonymous

: l have 2 vintage Kay guitars. l wish to sell them. Also one 73 watt Kay amp What model Kay guitars are they??? My first guitar way either a Kay Vanguard or a Holiday, and I’m interested in finding info on those guitas…

Anonymous

I have acoustic guitar by Kay. I’d like to know about this model and price.

Anonymous

: I have acoustic guitar by Kay. I’d like to know any information about it. It’s serial number is #L9733 N-1. Thanx.

Anonymous

i put pickup covers on my humbuckers and now my bridge pickup doesnt work. if i lift the cover off of the pickup about 1/4 of an inch it works fine. what do i do?

Anonymous

Hi there,
      I just bought an used Rocktron Bradshaw Switching System RSB-18F. I was wondering if any of you guys would know where I could find the manual and the specs.
      Cheers
      Nani

Anonymous

Once you get the hang of it, tapping is quite easy. When I was learning the technique, my teacher told me to not worry about my left hand at first. Just place a left-hand finger anywhere on the fretboard. Then, using your index or middle finger on the right hand, choose a fret (preferable 12th fret down because you need to get finger control and at first you need as much space between the frets as possible). just start tapping it over and over and over again. You will build your callouses more so it won’t be as painful later on. Keep tapping that note until it sounds clear, oh, and don’t use any distortion at first. You need to work on getting a clean tap. Once you’ve got that part down, the rest is up to your imagination. I hope this helps some. Good Luck!!

Anonymous

Washburns aren’t that great, but if you have the choice of the Washburn or the Squier…..TAKE THE WASHBURN!! Squiers are CRAP! Even though I am a die-hard Fender fanatic, I still would never recommend a Squier. I hope this helps in your decision.

Anonymous

DOD SUCKS!!!!!

Anonymous

The dod death metal pedal is the best pedal for your $$$ that you will come across . I own a Randall Warhead 300watt combo amp ( Dimebag’s signature amp ) and the tone from the dod pedal shits all over the tone from the amp … Honestly you are a fool if you don’t get yourself the pedal… Anyone who claims dod is shit should fucking try it out be4 passing judgement ..

Anonymous

Im hearing alot about how great these pick ups are. How much are they and what styles are they used in? Are they worth buying?

Anonymous

Id like some help on tapping. I want to tap with my finger ,but its just not loud enough, so I need to use a hard pick, which is harder to do , but sounds louder. Could somone give me some tips on tapping with my finger like Clapton/Hammet and so on.

Anonymous

Before I purchase a pick up I am wondering how they work.

Anonymous

I just have been offered a washburn electric,15 yrs old Japan built guitar for £179 (around 50) its in mint condition and supposedly plays well. I am only learning and my choice is that one or a squier strat. Help which should I pick?

Anonymous

: does anybody use a DOD death metal pedal and if so is it any good, do you like it? and also I would like to know some amp/effects combinations good for playing death metal/grindcore, thanks.

Yeah, a fat humbucker and a wide open pissed off Marshall (All glass, not the AVT stuff). Works for me.

Anonymous

Allright, first of all you have to remember that pentatonic means 5 notes. Those same five notes are part of both major and minor scales (known sometimes as Ionian and Aeolian.) Also keep in mind that usually (but not always!) the first and last chord of a song shows you what key you are in, if no key changes occur. In a normal 5th (3 note barre) chord, you are already playing some of the notes out of not only the pentatonic. for the key of E, E G A B D E works all over the place for E minor pentatonic. The E5 chord is E B E. Work at it, and it will start to make sense.

ApophisV

Anonymous

Have original goldtop 1954 Les Paul Gibson in original case. Has been is storage for years. Want an honest appraisal,or how to go about gettin one!

Anonymous

Hi folks,
      I aquired two Guyatone vintage guitar amps recently, a GA-830 (2x 6BQ5) and a GA-1040 Jazz Reverb. Both need serviceing, hence my urgent request for circuit diagrams or any relevant information.
      Any ideas, adresses, schematics, anybody ???
      Lots a thanx for any help…

Anonymous

Guyatone vintage guitar amps

This popular thread has been given its own page : Guyatone vintage guitar amps

Anonymous

I wonder if the portable Rockman for electric guitar is still available or there is a new product. Thanks

Anonymous

Anybody can say me that a Cort S2550 is a good guitar? Sorry for my english

Anonymous

Anybody can say me that a Cort S2550 is a good guitar?

Anonymous

does anybody use a DOD death metal pedal and if so is it any good, do you like it? and also I would like to know some amp/effects combinations good for playing death metal/grindcore, thanks.

Anonymous

I think it is funny people are still posting on this 3 years after the initial post haha. I can’t believe some people were saying the DOD death metal pedal was better than the boss.

Anonymous

this is the worst pedal ever only a beginner would think it is good get a boss processor

Anonymous

The DOD Death Metal pedal is far better than the Boss Metal Zone, specially for soloing. About the equipment, just get a decent sounding solid state amp and the DOD pedal, but if you like a "mellower" sound for soloing, use a Boss DS-1 JUST FOR SOLOING, and the rest with the DOD.

Anonymous

i just started to play the guitar andi find it so fun
      ne-waz talk to u lates
      peace

Anonymous

what is the best amp i can get for around 00. no built in effects. no reverb. maybe a tube or digital. thanks

Anonymous

Kenwood KAC-7201 swwwweeeeeeeet ass amp. Lots of power to fuck’emup !

Anonymous

I wanna know where i can find sites where i can subscribe to guitar accesorie magizines or guitar magizines or catalogs…If you could help me it would be great…e-mail me

Anonymous

Hey >>>> Can anyone tell me any site where i can get a tutorial for beginners. I need to learn western music style guitar .
      Help me !!!!!

Anonymous

Busco urgente una guitarra electrica para zurdo que cueste menos de 20.000 (pesos chilenos). favor enviar mail a [email protected]

Anonymous

First, if you’re after a clean, bluesy sound, without a lot of sustain, you’ll want to go with single-coil pickups and a maple fingerboard – like a stratocaster or telecaster. If you’re into a heavier sound with a lot of sustain, you want to go with humbucking pickups, like a les paul. Some guitars offer both types of pickups if you want both sounds. Also, do you want a tremolo (whammy bar?). All strats come with them. Fender and Gibson of course are great names to go with (even Fender’s Mexican made guitars play great). It will be tough to find a Gibson in that price range brand new. You may want to consider Washburn – they make some decent quality guitars at really affordable prices and all their guitars have a lifetime warranty. They are more geared toward heavy sounding guitars. Epiphone is also a name to consider in that price range – Gibson is their parent company. Ibanez also makes versatile sounding guitars. If you’re looking for a brand new guitar, check out http://www.music123.com or call 888-590-9700. I’ll be glad to assist you further. Regards, Ro.

Anonymous

I AME HAPI WEN MARK KNOFLER WRIT ME THE MESSAGE

Anonymous

Does anyone no how to get slipknot tabs or a web page that has tabs?help!!!!

Anonymous

: Does anyone no how to get slipknot tabs or a web page that has tabs?help!!!! A pretty good site is http://www.thetabworld.com i dunno if they have what you are looking for, but its worth a shot. If not, go to http://www.google.com and search there (be detailed in your search) Good Luck!

Anonymous

you smell like fish

Anonymous

: Does anyone no how to get slipknot tabs or a web page that has tabs?help!!!!no i dont and i hate slipknot

Anonymous

: Does anyone no how to get slipknot tabs or a web page that has tabs?help!!!!no i dont and i hate slipknot

Anonymous

i love hot woman that smells like cheese

Anonymous

go to mxtabs.net they have alot of cool stuff and very good slipknot tabs

Anonymous

Please Help I’m stuck with finding tabs for music at school I can’t find "what I like about you " by the band called Lillix. Please Help me!!!!!!!!! I need help fast for a concert!!!!!!!! Thanks2!!

Anonymous

: Please Help me I’m stuck with finding tabs for music at school I can’t find "what I like about you " by the band called Lillix. Please Help me!!!!!!!!! I need help fast for a concert!!!!!!!! : Thanks2!!

Anonymous

HI!
      I play electric guitar from three years..
      I can play scales very fast…but i have many problem playing the solos…
      I would ask to you how i can search some scales to make instead of the solos in the songs…
      for example: I could play the rythmic part of the metallica’s song " motorbreath" but i can’t make the solo.I heard that the solos of the metallica album "kill’em all" are only some pentatonic scales..but how i can found that scale?
      In motorbreath during the solo the rythmic guitar make this riff:
      D–6—————-6–6—————-6—–
      A–4–4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4–4–4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4–6-6
      E——————————————4-4
      I consider this powerchords as C# and G# major chords..
      I search a scale that fits in this 2 chords and i found a large list of scales as:C#maj,C#maj bebop,c#dominant bebop,C phrigian,Ebem Dorian..and lots more,but none pentatonic.
      My questions are:
      How i can consider powerchords?(like normal major chords?)
      To solo i can simply make one of the scales that i found..but wath’s the best to use?
      How i can use a pentatonic scale over a lot of powerchords?
      And definitely..How i can find scales that fits over riffs composed by a lot of powerchords?
      Please answer me!!
      I hope that my questions are clear..
      Bye and thanks!!

Anonymous

Lint is woth 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Anonymous

im sory but if arter 4 lessons you suck, there is no hope

Anonymous

I was wondering, is there any way that I could put a lefty tremelo system on my right handed 70’s reissue Strat? If so, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks,
      Dubya

Anonymous

:
      : If you is the wes,you should suss free fusion music in New Zealand.People of all agges are getting free and heavy here……

Anonymous

ALL Peavey guitar owners:
      The Peavey Floyd Rose licensed trem has a major design flaw!
      The screws that hold the fulrum ( metal piece that holds the springs to the trem) to the bridge are TOO SHORT and can strip out if you use the trem a lot.
      I am in touch with the company and seeing if they are going to do a recall to fix this.
      More to follow….

Anonymous

I am learning guitar these days and I ahave learnt few cords. Please send me some tips to play guitar

Anonymous

Metallica is the best.

Anonymous

This sounds serious.Try to locate a guy who repairs pedals cause this can be tricky.Depending on the cost, it might be better to get a new reissue model.They’re not bad.
      Good Luck

Anonymous

When not in use,put it in the case.Loosen the strings. Wipe down fret-board.Use lemon oil to clean the body. Try not to leave it in the sun.Let a pro set up your neck if you’re unsure.
      Good Luck

Anonymous

Try not to force a song to come out.Next,what are your influences?What do you feel or have to say?Two things I think are important:1)Experiment.2)DREAM!!
      Good Luck

Anonymous

If you want a good,cheap distortion,try the Ibanez Smash-Box (SM-7).I love mine.Electro-Harmonics Big Muffs are cool,the Pro-Co Rat’s a little cheesy,but very good.Remember,overdrive and distortion are not quite the same thing.Had the Boss Metal Zone,didn’t like it very much.Try before you buy!
      Good Luck

Anonymous

Okay. It’s all about relaxing all your muscles except your wrist.
      Take your strumming hand and put it in your lap. Now bang your wrist against the top of your thigh. Lift up your wrist and do it again. You are now stumming.

Keep your hand relaxed. Now stick a guitar in there. Only touch the strings sometimes, but keep your wrist moving up and down constantly.
      If D means touch on the downstroke, and U means touch the strings on the upstroke, try this pattern:

D D U D U D U
      D D U D U D U
      D D D U D U
      D U D U U D U

yee haw !

Anonymous

I’m not sure this will be of any help but have you heard of the book "An Eternal Golden Braid"? It looks closely at the music of JS Bach, the art of Escher and the numerology of Godel.

Jim in Canada

: I’m trying to find information on the scientific approach on music, Pythagoras’s relation to music. What I’m trying to do is relate music, art and music together. Also phycology and music, anything on color and music. I do have some information, but I need as much as I can find. Any help out there will be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

I noticed on a website that they were talking about an experiment that involed different notes… they would play the first note in the left ear, and then the same note an octave higher. The result was that the human mind consieved it to be the full octave with all the notes in between.I have yet to try this. Matt

Anonymous

I have just purchased a new Fender Bullet Reverb practice combo and with nothing plugged in I get a very low buz from the speaker. Is this normal for a low price amp?

Anonymous

Never heard of them sorry

T – Bone

Anonymous

I am looking for CLAIRE DE LUNE by Debussy, notation
      for guitar

Anonymous

I am looking for CLAIRE DE LUNE by Debussy, notation
      for guitar

Anonymous

THIS IS A DIRE WARNING:

to any artist or individual who might come in contact with
      a self proclaimed Blues promoter by the name of
      Leslie Lie Ann Knight who resides in The Bay Area, California.

If you come in personal or business contact with this
      individual, she will likely deceive and trick you
      in her dealings. She is known to lie outright
      concerning interpersonal word of mouth agreements and
      in general aquaintance dealings. False allegations along
      with her acccompanied lack of conscience concerning this
      moral-less activity is quite pronounced.

BEWARE, This person is a two faced liar, and in the end
      you WILL BE BURNED. She is as phony as a 3 dollar bill,
      along with her amusing attempts to bleach her hair.
      As a married woman, her demeanor encompasses one
      who attempts to sexually entice others towards her
      lustful grasp, but rather more akin to a black widow spider
      in its pretense and trickery.

PLEASE beware…,

For I wouldl have no other become another statistic in her
      ways of twisted human interactions.

Sincerely,

One Of Her Backstabed Victims

Anonymous

Fretdancer are offering a free download of Paul Brett’s ‘Gaucho’ piece for solo 12 string acoustic guitar from ‘Acoustic Power ‘CD available only via Fretdancer. visit site http://www.fret-dancer.com go to page 3 CD page and click on CD icon next to Acoustic Power CD cover. This is a great piece for solo 12 string guitar. Reviews for this CD are ‘ Magnificent’ fROOTS ‘ Wonderful’ TOP Mag etc.etc.etc.

Anonymous

VERY RARE, HARD TO FIND….E-MAIL ME

Anonymous

What do I need to play some cool stuff? I’ve got a Fender Electro Acoustic(Telecoustic) and have no idea what else I need to go electric? Obviously an amp, but what sort? Pedals? What sort?

Any help appreciated!

Anonymous

i’ve learnt to play guitar for half a year. now i want to learn to sing American village music with guitar. i didn’t have any idea about it. could you give me some advice?

Anonymous

Hey everyboy
      Any one else knows where i can get a jem7VWH from steve vai models for a left play people.
      I have search in every places and i think ibanez just do guitar from people who play normal "right"
      I play for a left side.
      Thank you for all attencion
      best regards
      Marco melim
      Portugal

Anonymous

Hi all,…
      Could anybody please give me advise on electric guitar maintenance ? What should be done and what be avoided ? Can I use a baby oil for protecting the metal parts from rust , or for cleaning the body from dust ?
      Many thanks.

Anonymous

I’m trying to find information on the scientific approach on music, Pythagoras’s relation to music. What I’m trying to do is relate music, art and music together. Also phycology and music, anything on color and music. I do have some information, but I need as much as I can find. Any help out there will be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

: I have just recently purchased a used Fender Standard Strat. I cleaned, replaced strings, and set it up. I am fairly new to the world of guitars, so maybe someone can help me out. I noticed when I play the 2nd (B) string, the 6th (low E) buzzes (or plays lightly), and vice versa. None of the other strings are effected, nor effect other strings. Any clues?

: I am using GHB Boomers Light (.010-.048)

: Thanks, Alvin
      See my return, good luck
      Mark Botha

Anonymous

Hi,

I had a similar problem a while ago on my Ibanez acoustic. urned out after a string swop and several weeks of frustration that one of the machine heads had a loose capstan key ( the nut that you hold onto when you tune the guitar – the handle ), and all I had to do was replace the machine head, which luckily was of the single unit type. While I was waiting for the replacement, I simply wound a rubber band around the loose handle, and all the vibrations stopped ! I din’t know if this will help, but I can remember the intense frustation trying to find an odd noise on an otherwise healthy guitar!!
      Good luck,

Anonymous

Anyone out there got the chords for this beautiful ballad? I know that Crystal Gayle ( of the fantastic blue eyes..) also recorded the song, but with one verse less.Why can’t we find any of Leo’s work on the net? Thanks all you buskers and bombers!!

Anonymous

I want to learn the prices and qualifications of Korean made Cort Guitars..Thanks very much

Anonymous

What make of distortion pedal would you recomend for my first? I have been playing five months and am quite good.
      Thanx.

Anonymous

Thanks mate, I’ve been looking for that kind of info for a long time… JD

Anonymous

: are douglas erwin guitars still made? they are noted as the beautiful custom made guitars played by the late jerry garcia. if so i would like info on price and availability thanks He’s in Cotati California I think. Does anyone know what effects pedals jerry used?

Anonymous

I usually think of something to write about and keep it in my head, trying not to think about anything else. But i have had songs just pour out. Song writing is beyond an art, its best when its personel. Something that you enjoy or something that just pisses you off. The ones ive used in the studio always seem to be the ones about something that pisses me off. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

EXPERIENCED BASSIST M/F needed to complete wedding/top 40 dance band.
      Versatile styles, VOCALS, equipment and transportation a must. West Suffolk Long
      Island rehearsal. [email protected]

Anonymous

how many of you all dont use effects? is it worth selling my effects pedal (korg ax100g) for a crate 4/12 cabnet?

Anonymous

I have searched high and low for the gold sparkle trim material that Gretsch used on their white falcons guitars.
      I can’t believe that someone out there doesn’t know the where-abouts of some of that material.
      The material was originally used as drum covering material(and still is as I understand).
      I have been able to aquire a similar material, but it is more copper in color than gold.
      I need to do some repair to my guitar, and I need an exact match.
      Can anyone help?

Anonymous

I have searched high and low for the gold sparkle trim material that Gretsch used on their white falcons guitars.
      I can’t believe that someone out there doesn’t know the where-abouts of some of that material.
      The material was originally used as drum covering material(and still is as I understand).
      I have been able to aquire a similar material, but it is more copper in color than gold.
      I need to do some repair to my guitar, and I need an exact match.
      Can anyone help?

Anonymous

I just found my father’s 1935 L-7 Gibson guitar for which he paid 80 brand new. It’s in rather good condition with one serious flaw (a 3/4" exterior split on the wall at the bottom of the sound box. It’s missing the pick guard but otherwise is in excellent condition in the original case. It does, of course, show the usual dings, light surface scratches and wear symptoms from heavy use (my father was a big band guitarist in the 30s who stored it decades ago when arthritis took his hands). Is this of any desire or worth?

Jerry

Anonymous

HEY, I CAN’T FIND OUT HOW TO GET THE TUNING CGCGGE, I’VE FOUND OPEN C, BUT THAT IS CGCGCE, I NEED TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET THE 2ND STRING INTO A G, THANKS

Anonymous

My old Tubescreamer TS9 is dead.
      It works ok in bypass-mode but when ON I cannot get any signal through.
      Is there anyone who can help me with advice of how to repair it.

Anonymous

I have Les Paul of ser. No 1 4880. Still unable to assign the vintage of this one. Even Gibson is unable. Is there any expert who can exatly determine when this guitar was made plus/or what data source I can use to solve that?

Anonymous

hello i need guitar tabs of songs from racer x
      thanks..

Anonymous

hi i’d like to know if i can find a feedback buster, for ovations guitar especially the collector 98 one, with son many little holes.
      it’s very difficult in france to get one
      thank you in davance
      fred
      best regards

Anonymous

Hi, I would like to know if the feedback buster comes in just one size or if i can get it for a Washburn EA16MBL acoustic guitar and the price. The Soundhole is to small and I already have the standard size feedback buster. Please let me know soon! Thank You.

Anonymous

: hi i’d like to know if i can find a feedback buster, for ovations guitar especially the collector 98 one, with son many little holes. : it’s very difficult in france to get one : thank you in davance , igh i would like to also have a feedbackbuster for a smaller soundhole : fred : best regards

Anonymous

hi iwould like a buster for my yamaha apx with an oval hole please advise if you have one: :REGARDS john

Anonymous

hey,
      i am a relative beginner and i understand your point frank but i am not experianced enough to create my own style, for the time being i am building up my tequnique until i can
      just my opinion

Anonymous

hey pete,
      there are loads and loads of cool bands out there……..i can only give you a few of my personal favs…my fav band is nirvana and i like nofx, greenday, papa roach,linkin parketc etc

Anonymous

hey alvin,
      hmmmmmmm thats a tough one……..have u tried taking it to your local music shop they could help.
      good luck

Anonymous

Help! I broke the neck on my Ovation Electric Classical model 1624. Where can I find a replacement? The Kaman Corp website doesn’t have parts. So don’t send me there. I live and work in the Houston, TX area. Any help or ideas on how to fix it would be appreciated. Thx

Anonymous

A Gibson is always going to kick ass over the Epiphones. Gibsons are made in the USA, Epis are Korean, good guitars but not to the level of the Gibs

Anonymous

: : I search desperately some transcription of tuck andress, i know there some magazine with transcription of tuck ,i can change with other partion,thank
      :

Anonymous

: I search desperatelipy some transcription of tuck andress, i know there some magazine with transcription of tuck ,i can change with other partion,thank

Anonymous

I search desperatelipy some transcription of tuck andress, i know there some magazine with transcription of tuck ,i cange with other partition,thank

Anonymous

: I search desperatelipy some transcription of tuck andress, i know there some magazine with transcription of tuck ,i cange with other partition,thank : Im looking for a transcription of his solo guitar rendition of billy joel’s "just the way you are". where can i get it? thanks

Anonymous

hey guys well i need some writing help.whenever i try to write music on my guitar…well i just cant!does anyone have any idea of how to make yourself more creative in writing music???or anything like that?

Anonymous

Need to know if this is a good guitar, compared with epi´s.

thanks a lot.

rod.

Anonymous

: Need to know if this is a good guitar, compared with epi´s. Hi, well the only thing i know about them is that the’re made in 1979. I’m looking for one myself! I think it’s a good guitar… : : thanks a lot. : rod.

Anonymous

My friend wants to buy my guitar for 100 bucks. I can’t play much and he can so I am thinking about doing it. Thing is this: I don’t know whether or not I am getting hosed. I have had the guitar a long time but don’t know much about it.
      It is an Alvarez Regent, model no. 5214; that sounds good but just below it says "Made in Korea". It is in impeccably good condition and I have a case for it.
      Wonder what you’re thinking.
      Any advice would be appreciated.

Anonymous

I have been playing guitar for a really long time, and i also possess a Alvarez Regent model# 5214. The sound is amazing and the way it plays makes it a valued instrument to any collection. I once heard that Alvarez is a ripoff of a old martin make . if so it is definately a guitar to hold onto

Anonymous

I have the same guitar. Its funny cuz I was actually thinking about selling mine too…I love the guitar, but it is a little too big for me. I think that you can get way more than $100 for it though. I am busy searching the web trying to find its value…so if I do, I will definitely let you know.

Anonymous

Didn’t know He was a luthier (or should that be Lutherian). Good price if it was handmade rather than just created out of dust.

Anonymous

Got a Hofner 500/1 -63 for sale.
      Drop me a line!

Anonymous

: In very good condition; – exactly as have Paul Mc Cartney :

Anonymous

: : In very good condition; – exactly as have Paul Mc Cartney = Bass Guitar " HOFNER" : :[email protected]

Anonymous

Hi – I’m interested in the ’63 Hofner for sale. Could you get back to me with price & availability?? Thanks & regards

Anonymous

Hi – I’m interested in the ’63 Hofner for sale. Could you get back to me with price & availability?? Thanks & regards Federico

Anonymous

: Got a Hofner 500/1 -63 for sale. : Drop me a line! what do you want for it? is it an original mint cond or a re-issue i want a price on it in australian dollars?

Anonymous

Hello people,

Im starting to hunt down a goldtop (57 reissue I think) whilst I continue to save all my money and I am wondering if anyone out there has any advice/opinions about the goldtop range

Price?
      best year?
      secondhand/new?
      best retailers?

I live in Melbourne Australia and any help anyone out there can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Leigh

Anonymous

I’ve been surfin’ the web looking for some cool licks. I’m seeking penatonic blues style Jeff Beck type stuff. Any good sources and sites would be great.

Anonymous

: how to tune a lo pro edge a whole step lower with 009-042
      : without spending thousands of nights?
      : thanx
      Either take some springs out or grab the phillips head & loosen the claw. Bottom line…spend more time in the back of the guitar! Where Floyds are concerned
      it is much easier to set up the spring tension first to get you in the "ballpark", then worry about tuning.

Anonymous

i want to know how much this acoustic guitar is worth?
      i want to restore it but i want to know how much it is worth first.

Anonymous

: i want to know how much this acoustic guitar is worth? : i want to restore it but i want to know how much it is worth first. … i dont know how much it is worth, but my Last name is Contella

Anonymous

: Hello Everyone,

: I need a little help with buying my next guitar. I know very little about the different manufactures except for the famous ones (Gibson, Fender, Washburn, etc.) I was wondering what all of you like for the price category of 00 – 00. I may go used, but I am not sure yet. Any help will be appreciated
      Check out Ed Romans world class guitars. If you can’t find a guitar in your price range there at least you can get a good idea of what a "high end" guitar consists of.

Anonymous

HEY
      I AM INTERESTED IN BUYING A NEW SOLID STATE AMPLIFIER AND WAS WANDERING IF ANYONE KNEW ANY GOOD AMPS FOR AROUND £200
      THANX
      ANDY

Anonymous

Hello Everyone,

I need a little help with buying my next guitar. I know very little about the different manufactures except for the famous ones (Gibson, Fender, Washburn, etc.) I was wondering what all of you like for the price category of 00 – 00. I may go used, but I am not sure yet. Any help will be appreciated.

Anonymous

anyone know anything about an ENSENADA brand guitar?

Anonymous

Sir,
      : : : I want hindi songs software .please send it my
      : : : E-mail address.
      : : : thanking you

: : : [email protected]

Anonymous

: Sir, : : : : I want hindi songs software .please send it my : : : : E-mail adäress. : : : : thanking you : : : : [email protected]

Anonymous

: Sir, : : : : I want hindi songs software .please send it my : : : : E-mail address. [email protected] [email protected] : : : : thanking you Ramanjit Kaur : : : : [email protected]

Anonymous

: Sir, : : : : I want hindi songs software .please send it my : : : : E-mail address. : : : : thanking you : : : : [email protected] Please send mp3 hindi songs downloadable s/w thainking u Dipti

Anonymous

Sir, I want hindi songs software .please send it my E-mail address. thanking you [email protected]

Anonymous

: Sir, : : : : I want hindi songs software .please send it my : : : : E-mail address. : : : : thanking you : : : : [email protected]

Anonymous

: Sir, : : : : I want hindi songs software .please send it my : : : : E-mail address. : : : : thanking you : : : : [email protected]

Anonymous

how to tune a lo pro edge a whole step lower with 009-042
      without spending thousands of nights?
      thanx

Anonymous

I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a cheap but nice looking bass guitar. A couple of friends and I are starting a band and I need a bass!! ASAP
      Thank you,
      Brandi

Anonymous

: Are you having problems keeping time ?? If so, try buying a metronome and keep strumming any chord with it to get your timing down. Or is it that you can’t figure out what strumming patterns are being used ??
      : More info.

Its basically a pattern thing..the timing and everything isnt a problem its picking up the right pattern

Anonymous

I had own three Yamaha FG Series a 201, a 201B and 301B. I would like to get the age, specification and
      other information about all of these guitar.
      Thanks.

Anonymous

Peavey Wolfgang Special mint condition, with hardshell case. 10 watt Marshall practice amp included. Paid 00. Will take 00. Beaumont, Texas area.

Anonymous

still got that EVH for sale? email me if you do. I am interested

Anonymous

I’ll have $450 in 2 months…is that a good offer? I don’t need the amp

Anonymous

:This is where you made the mistake! They are 00 AMERICAN!! they are ovber 000 in australiA! My dad owns an ibanez, and my schoool has american fenders. I personally like the ibanez better. I was planning on checking the guitar out! I was just woindering if I should even bother checking it out thats all
      thanks
      Nataloie

You’re welcome for the response! I am from California, USA . Oh, one more little response to your question, I would highly recommend Fender’s, I have been playing for almost 15 years and they are the only thing I play. In my opinion, they are the absolute best all around. Once you play one (preferably an American) and get into it’s groove, you’ll never want out. Believe me!! Ibanez guitars are fine, but Fender takes the cake. Anyway, keep in mind that the decision is ULTIMATELY YOURS and the perfect guitar for you is one that you are comfortable with. Good luck and have fun looking!!!

Anonymous

I want to get a Guitar, Amp, and Effects that will give me that Pychedelic Acid Rock sound…like Iron Butterfly, or early Alice Cooper band… I am looking at a gibson SG… any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Anonymous

Think of the gear that was available at that time..most of the guitar players in "acid rock" bands used tube amps that didn’t have master volume so any "distortion" in the tone comes from a combination of playing louder’n god and/or a "distortion" pedal (a device that ‘clips’ or squares off the waveform of the incoming signal). This clipping doesn’t really add to the sustain so you get the quick decay and ‘bright’ sound of the clean channel with a ‘fuzziness’. As for guitars it really doesn’t matter. At that time players were using everything from Strats and Teles to Les Pauls and SGs to semi-hollow body guitars like ES335s – find a guitar you’re comfortable with. Tone has as much to do with your hands as it does with gear.

Anonymous

gO SMOKE SOME WEED, MAN! : I want to get a Guitar, Amp, and Effects that will give me that Pychedelic Acid Rock sound…like Iron Butterfly, or early Alice Cooper band… I am looking at a gibson SG… any suggestions would be appreciated. : thanks

Anonymous

Don’t worry about how someone else is doing. Concentrate on what YOU are doing. PRACTICE is the key.
      I agree with Eddie G. Everyone learns at a different pace. Everyone will also end up with a different style.Thats what makes it FUN.

Anonymous

Are you having problems keeping time ?? If so, try buying a metronome and keep strumming any chord with it to get your timing down. Or is it that you can’t figure out what strumming patterns are being used ??
      More info.

Anonymous

Hi guys I need strumming patterns for practice which can be done on songs also. like DD/DUDU/DD/DUDU AND D/UD/D/UD/DUD AND So on U guys are expert and I am looking from u guys to help me put. Thanks Faisal

Anonymous

Not meant to be spam! I have alot of free material on my site including dimensional drawings of most standard singlecoils and pickup part sources. My site for my pickup winding book has moved to http://www.lollarguitars.com

Anonymous

does any one nows how many windinge you have to make on each pickup of a humbucker to geth the eddy van hallen sound

Anonymous

Can someone point me to a discussion board on the Internet where I can ask about chords/tablature for a particular song? Such as I can find the lyrics to Go Back by Crabby Appleton, but not the chords or tabs. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Anonymous

You’re welcome for the response! I am from California, USA . Oh, one more little response to your question, I would highly recommend Fender’s, I have been playing for almost 15 years and they are the only thing I play. In my opinion, they are the absolute best all around. Once you play one (preferably an American) and get into it’s groove, you’ll never want out. Believe me!! Ibanez guitars are fine, but Fender takes the cake. Anyway, keep in mind that the decision is ULTIMATELY YOURS and the perfect guitar for you is one that you are comfortable with. Good luck and have fun looking!!!

Anonymous

You can but it must be run through a poweramp first.
      If you connect it directly to a speaker you will have
      no output.

Also, turn off the speaker simulation when you run it
      into an amp. I t will sound MUCH better.

Anonymous

cool place
      <A HREF=http://sathish.gq.nu>sathish</A>

Anonymous

: Hi, as some of u may know im from australia and am a beginner/intermediuate player. I am after an electric guitar. Preferably ibanez or fender. A friend of mine knows a guy whos selling a second hand ibanez rg-470. Its worth 300 second hand (yes,checked with the major shops) and he is selling it for 00 and its in TIP TOP condition. Is this a good guitar?? what do you think?>?
      : Is the rg series good?? etc etc etc
      : http://www.ibanez.com/2001/rg/rg_specs/rg470bk/rg470bk.html#
      : check her out

You make this mistake every beginner make!!
      Don’t buy just a guitar but try first a guitar, inform yourself by a shop about guitars, what kind of music do you wanna play etc.
      Mosely the sellsman will give you a advice for a type of guitar, first inform, it’s free!!!!
      Than try that kind of guitar, does your fingers fit or do you need a smaller neck etc.
      try different models and then you will find the right guitar, these tips will save you a lot of money because most people sell their first guitar to buy the one they want and then every dollar is too much.

Erwin
      Italy

Anonymous

If anyone knows please e-mail me! 🙂

Anonymous

: If anyone knows please e-mail me! 🙂 Yeah right Jay

Anonymous

I need a fender jazz bass logo for a bass that I want to restore. I am having great difficulty finding one. Does anyone have pictures , etc for me to make one , or is there a site with help on where to get one , even a copy.

Anonymous

Don’t worry! Ask your instuctor to show you how to read chord charts.But the key word is…practice! Not everyone progresses at the same pace.With only 4 months of lessons,don’t be so hard on yourself.Through practice and instruction,you’ll catch on.
      Good Luck

Anonymous

can you use the J station straight through a cabinet or amp, and get good sounds without useing the PC or headphones.

Anonymous

Hi,

Guilds tend to keep their value pretty well. The Brian May Special listed for around 500 back in 94/95, the years they were made.
      I would say if your brother in law were to bring it to a store he should get 00-00.
      If a store were to sell one in mint condition, they would probably charge 000-100.

Hope this helps!

Jj

Anonymous

Howdy,

Don’t get discouraged! You will discover once you start learning thing just begin to make sense. PRACTICE!!! Get to know the fretboard and the sound of specific chords. When you listen to a song, even when you don’t have your guitar, try to identify the chords.

Keep playing, and remember you learn from your mistakes, and most importantly have fun!!!!!

Jj

Anonymous

Hi,

I tune mine one of 2 ways:

The low (7th)string a 5th below the 6th string: BEADGBE. With a seven string you don’t have to tune down a whole step or drop the low string cause as in your tuning, drop C, the C is playable on the low (7th) string. You still can to get real heavy low tones but most guitar amps are not voiced to handle that low of a frequency.

or

Tune the lowest 6 strings in normal tempering then tune the highest string a 4th above the 2nd string:
      BEADF#BE.
      This way allows you to play open chords on the lowest 6 strings. The chord shapes of em, Gmaj, D etc all are a 5th lower than on a normal guitar. This, I think, is the best way.

Hope this helps.

Jj

Anonymous

I got a 7string ibanez for tuning down. how do you tune
      this thing ? I usually tune cgcfad, so what would i tune the 7th string to ? thanks mike

Anonymous

I’m a musician "in spirit". The only instrument I play with any skill is the blues harmonica. I Have written lyrics to numerous songs and recently purchased Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 with the idea I would "compose" music to go with my lyrics. I used the Staff window and through trial and error placed notes and got the melody playing almost where I want it for one of my favorite originals. Cakewalk has a Session Drummer and I used it to add drum tracks. But, I’m at a loss as to how I fit bass lines to this "song". Are there any programs that would "create" the bass lines? I do have a MIDI keyboard interfaced with Cakewalk.

Any suggestion would be deeply appreciated.

Anonymous

Hi, does anyone know what Ibanez-model Vinnie Moore used in his first instructional video? Is it a modified rg540 or what…? Please help…thanks /Rob

Anonymous

i belive it is either a 87 roadstar or an old alan holswoetrh model but i think it is the roadstar look on ebay u can pickthem up for under $400 he used a floyd rose and he used the al dimeola pickups made by dimario u can still get them if u call dimarzio hope this helps vinnie is awsome !@!

Anonymous

This is from one of the many google search results on Leslie Ann Knight .

THIS IS A DIRE WARNING:

to any artist or individual who might come in contact with
      a self proclaimed Blues promoter by the name of
      Leslie Lie Ann Knight who resides in The Bay Area, California.

If you come in personal or business contact with this
      individual, she will likely deceive and trick you
      in her dealings. She is known to lie outright
      concerning interpersonal word of mouth agreements and
      in general aquaintance dealings. False allegations along
      with her acccompanied lack of conscience concerning this
      moral-less activity is quite pronounced.

BEWARE, This person is a two faced liar, and in the end
      you WILL BE BURNED. She is as phony as a 3 dollar bill,
      along with her amusing attempts to bleach her hair.
      As a married woman, her demeanor encompasses one
      who attempts to sexually entice others towards her
      lustful grasp, but rather more akin to a black widow spider
      in its pretense and trickery.

PLEASE beware…,

For I wouldl have no other become another statistic in her
      ways of twisted human interactions

Sincerely,

One Of Her Backstabed Victims

Anonymous

From cdbaby.com

Leslie Ann Knight Warning !!!

posted by John at CD Baby on Saturday April 07 2001 @ 09:39AM PDT

Seems that a few of the artists here at CD Baby and who knows how many others, have been scammed by a woman named Leslie Ann Knight who runs a company called "Knight and Day Media Control".

She approaches artists saying how much she loves what they are doing and that she can hook them up with exceptional promotional situations. All she needs are a few hundred CDs and a few thousand dollars to get started. Once she has their money and CDs, she’s unreachable.

She’s sweet and smooth and pushes all the right buttons, so of course some people have fallen for it.

I would like to get everyone together who has an interest in this to both try to find her and to warn others about what she has been doing. So, I’m asking anyone with any information on her to please email me [email protected]

by holcombe waller (209.245.135.193) on Saturday April 07 2001 @ 06:25PM PDT [ reply | parent ]

oh my god. i have this vague recollection of being contacted by this woman over a year ago. that’s exactly what she said. fortunately for me, i consider everyone to be spammers until proven innocent!

by magenta (12.69.24.222) on Sunday April 08 2001 @ 11:03PM PDT [ reply | parent ]

Damn, it REALLY sucks when people do this crap. Many, many thanks for the warning!

by Jeremy Allen (63.194.80.9) on Monday April 09 2001 @ 02:13PM PDT [ reply | parent ]

Last summer our group The Snake Trio was contacted by Leslie Ann Knight operating the business Knight and Day Media Control. She found
      our music listed on the CDBaby website and advertised a service of distributing our music to her national and international contacts in radio
      and print media. Also she was to provide graphic design services and create a press pack out of the reviews generated by her service. Our group is based in Oakland, CA and she at the time was operating out of San Francisco, CA.

To make a long story short, we hired her after several in-depth meetings and a thorough reference check. She showed us many examples of her work and her business seemed legitimate. We paid her a sum of 600.00 and gave her 350
      CDs to distribute. For the first month of the project everything was fine but she soon stopped returning calls and emails. By October she was no where to be found.

We sued her and her business in SF Superior court and just won the judgment in the amount of 050.00 dollars. We are currently in the process of collecting the claim.

We’ve got a lot of information that we would be willing to share. I can not express enough how SERIOUS this is! This is fraud and her and her business should be avoided at all costs.

Please feel free to contact us at [email protected].

by Memphhis All Stars (205.188.199.31) on Thursday April 12 2001 @ 04:24AM PDT [ reply | parent ]

I am doing a show this weekend in L.A.I also have an address on Leslie in orange co. calif. I will check it out friday.I’ll post it on monday. David C.She took us for 2350.00 and 350 cds.

by john at CD baby (205.162.11.164) on Thursday April 12 2001 @ 02:23PM PDT [ reply | parent ]

here’s a little more info on her… she’s alive and well.. here’s a note she just mailed out yesterday

On most projects that I promote I distribute 350 CDs to appropriate
      radio stations and also to magazines and online reviewers. I usually
      charge 400 for the service which includes all of the mailing costs,
      tracking the progress of the project, and the reviews.

I format the reviews and air play in a way that will help tobuild
      your press package, both as an artist and for your record company. My
      services go over and above the usual, so I’d like an opportunity to
      chat with you further.

You can email your number and a good time to call you, or feel free
      to call me at 559-227-4624.

Leslie Ann Knight
      Knight & Day

by RC (199.174.224.72) on Sunday April 15 2001 @ 01:21AM PDT [ reply | parent ]

Here’s her website, complete with photo:
      http://members.aol.com/knightandday1/index2.htm

by holly (168.191.233.73) on Sunday April 15 2001 @ 01:46PM PDT [ reply | parent ]

yep, she emailed me a while back too…I get a lot of spam from both cdbaby and mp3.com "fans"…its to be expected, I suppose, so I usually delete without reading all the way through. I think anyone who has to drum up business by spamming artists websites isn’t worth your time or money.

Holly

by MIKA POHJOLA (208.58.97.4) on Monday April 16 2001 @ 07:14AM PDT [ reply | parent ]

I was a victim of one of those scams (a fellow in New York named Bryan Utman, who was more unaware of things in jazz – more cabaret-person and he insisted it was the same thing! But he was less consciously dishonest), although seems as if this lady is a real troublemaker in the industry. I lost $ 3400 to Utman, Mitchell-Clarke Media Group in 1998-99, which disappered soon after. We live and learn, and I’m way past that experience now, but at least I’ve become very careful since, and only trust the recommendations of my fellow musicians.

Another good website where to send these kinds of warnings is birdlives.com .

Thanks, John for warning us!

Btw, if you need a great publicist: Braithwaite & Katz in Boston and DL Media in Pennsylvania rule! (So far, I haven’t hired either of them.)

Mika

by Debe Welch (64.12.101.169) on Monday April 16 2001 @ 06:14PM PDT [ reply | parent ]

If you and your music is that good, someone who wants to promote you will pay YOU! From the mouth of my late step-dad who was in the business, "If you have to pay someone for your music or to promote or manage you, it’s a scam! If they want you and you are that good, they’ll pay you."

by Jeff Roberts (63.122.68.67) on Sunday April 22 2001 @ 04:06PM PDT [ reply | parent ]

I find this very interesting about Leslie. Back in ’98 or so we had talked to her about doing trips to Japan. Money from our end had not come up nor did any of these services previously mentioned by the others. I’m glad we never ended up getting the chance to try Japan w/ her now that I hear all of this stuff. We could have found ourselves screwed and in a foreign country to top it off. Who knows?!
      Also. It had been my understanding that she is the ex-wife of Day and Knight Productions Patrick Day based in Maryland(I think!) Anyhow, thanks for this kind of Warning!!!

by Jim Strauss (208.249.113.130) on Thursday May 03 2001 @ 10:05AM PDT [ reply | parent ]

Hey John,
      I have been contacted by the New Castle (DE) police, who gathered information on Leslie Ann and will be in contact with law enforcement departments in Orange County. Please hang on to all the information you can because I will direct the detectives to the site for additional info on the scope of Leslie’s con. Thanks for your help, I’ll keep you posted. Jim

Anonymous

All Again, I’ve had no luck tracking down Mike’s daughter, thus I don’t think there’s any help I can give here. Sorry, and best of luck trying to get restitution. JDB

Anonymous

All Again, I’ve had no luck tracking down Mike’s daughter, thus I don’t think there’s any help I can give here. Sorry, and best of luck trying to get restitution. JDB

Anonymous

All, I’m not surprised to hear this about Leslie Ann Knight. I met her a number of years ago, when she and my old friend Mike were living together. She was a volunteer DJ at KKUP, 94.5 FM in Cupertino California, in the San Francisco Bay Area. She also was active with her promotion business, Knight & Day Productions. She showed me some of her material, and it seemed entirely legitimate. Mike told me that she was kicked out of KKUP because she was using the station as part of her promotion business. She and Mike broke up acrimoniously, and I lost track of her. I lost track of Mike too, as he died of a heart attack not too long ago. My wife instantly thought that Leslie was a flake, and after a while I did too. Aside from the radio station issue, I didn’t know that she was a scam artist! I’m not surprised, however. While breaking up with her, Mike told me how crazy she was, and that a psychologist he consulted proposed that she might have boarderline personality disorder. The last I heard about Leslie was through Mike’s daughter, who said that she was living somewhere in San Francisco. I will attempt to contact her to see if there is any way we can track Leslie down. I’m very sorry to hear about the things she has done. I will check back here from time to time to let you know if I can help. Yours Sincerely, JDB

Anonymous

http://www.bluemondayblues.com/jsampson.shtml Found this link after reading some of your page, thought it maybe helpfull. There is an email address for Leslie Knight of Knight and Day Media at the bottom of the page.

Anonymous

Ive had 4 lessons so far and i know how to change between 4 chords (A7, D7, E7, Am7). Ive also learnt some basic finger/thumb picking. I don’t know how to play ANY modern songs. My friend can play 95% of songs straight away just by reading music and he masters them in about 20 mins. This took him 9 months. I don’t feel that I will be at that standard going on as I am. We both have lessons. Do you think I will be able to do that in the same time, going on like I am??

Anonymous

I want to play hardcore/rock (Korn,mudvayne,slipknot) and want to know which guitar is a better choice for this.

Anonymous

GET THE MOTHA FUCKIN WARLOCK!!!

Anonymous

I have a guitar with the serial number: 4065
      Can you tell me he year made?

Carl

Anonymous

: I have a guitar with the serial number: 1830 : Can you tell me in which year the guitar made made? izik

Anonymous

: I have a guitar with the serial number: 4065 : Can you tell me he year made? : CarlI found a 4575 Hofner in very good condition and have put it on Ebay if you are interested here is the link thanks michael http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2564104233&category=2385&rd=1

Anonymous

: I have a acoustic guitar with the serial number: 29 : Can you tell me he year made? : Carl

Anonymous

: Looking for a manual for a Digitech GSP-5. Any help would
      : be appreciated. Thanks

Hello,
      Try going to digitech’s web site. They might have them up for download.
      If you need anymore help give us a call.
      Thanks,
      http://www.music123.com

Anonymous

I make "some" money at mp3.com. enough to decide to try the "premium artist service" for a while, but I am beginning to wonder how long mp3.com can stay afloat like this. As each month passes more artists that are not earning enough to cover the fee are going to leave the sight, I would think.
      Anyway, you can see how much any artist has made to date on thier mp3 page right below thier picture (if they have one),

Jim http://www.mp3.com/jimgraham

: does anyone here make any money or is the premium artist service a rip-off?

Anonymous

Hi, We’ve just subscribed to this service. It looks like we’ll make about half our money back in the first month, but we’re getting more and more listens and we’re expecting/hoping to be turning a profit next month. I think you need to have quality music and to spend some time promoting it yourself. It’s definitely not a rip-off, but it’s not a free lunch either. Good luck with your stuff! Divided Life http://www.dividedlife.com : I make "some" money at mp3.com. enough to decide to try the "premium artist service" for a while, but I am beginning to wonder how long mp3.com can stay afloat like this. As each month passes more artists that are not earning enough to cover the fee are going to leave the sight, I would think. : Anyway, you can see how much any artist has made to date on thier mp3 page right below thier picture (if they have one), : Jim http://www.mp3.com/jimgraham : : does anyone here make any money or is the premium artist service a rip-off?

Anonymous

Ive been playing for about 6mths now but still dont seem to be able to strum along to any songs i hear (tab or no tab) I dont have a problem fingerpicking but i want to be able to strum properly……any suggestions hints or tips??????????

Anonymous

thanks for your response. WHat country are you froM?
      Natalie

Anonymous

Does anyone have any info about Tolo Equitension strings? 6 strings using same gauge//?

Anonymous

Tolo de abril = April Fool

Anonymous

There is a number to call which I saw in Guitarist Magazine a month or two ago: 01234 567890 I don’t think it’s a joke number but you’d have thought a more important company might own that number. I myself am interested in the strings but haven’t yet phoned the number.

Anonymous

Eric, you are absolutely right. Abril = April and Tolo = Fool, which makes April Fools. And 01234567890 a real number? Come on! 🙂 Too bad, ’cause the article sounded nice and convincing! Pascal.

Anonymous

: There is a number to call which I saw in Guitarist Magazine a month or two ago: : 01234 567890 : I don’t think it’s a joke number but you’d have thought a more important company might own that number. : I myself am interested in the strings but haven’t yet phoned the number.

Anonymous

: : There is a number to call which I saw in Guitarist Magazine a month or two ago: : : 01234 567890 : : I don’t think it’s a joke number but you’d have thought a more important company might own that number. : : I myself am interested in the strings but haven’t yet phoned the number. I am interested inthe strings . I read the story in the Gitarist from april 2002. The phone number from wich country is it

Anonymous

Does anyone have an opinion of how line6 amps compare to Yamaha DG series?

Anonymous

Hmm.Allow me to stick my two cents in.I think YOU’RE BOTH RIGHT.Developing your own style/tone is what it’s really about.However,just like learning riffs and chord progressions,copying tones can add to your guitar vocabulary.Which,in turn,can motivate you to push onward.One should never stop there of course.Twas not so long ago that I wanted to sound like Randy Rhodes(RIP).And I’m still trying to get those sounds of WAH WAH Watson,just for fun!SO,when I hear guys trying to get someone else’s tone,I’ll have a little patience with them.But it’s really about who YOU are!
      Good Luck ‘boat ta yuz.

Anonymous

Hmm.Interesting.You should probably experiment with key changes.Since already know how the modes are constructed,you’re on your way.When the chord changes to Fmaj.,you’ll see that there is an F Aolian mode "on top" of the Dmix.Starting on the D note! So,there’s your modulation,without shifting to F Mix. I find it easier to think in these terms,area options.There are many! When the chord changes to Gmaj. you could "sit" on the D Mix. or use the E Aolinan mode next to it. This is cool cause it forces you to think differently as the chords change around you.So,explore your options!I’m not really a Jazz guy,but all Jazz guys know this.I don’t mean to sound smug.
      Hope this helps

Anonymous

I have just recently purchased a used Fender Standard Strat. I cleaned, replaced strings, and set it up. I am fairly new to the world of guitars, so maybe someone can help me out. I noticed when I play the 2nd (B) string, the 6th (low E) buzzes (or plays lightly), and vice versa. None of the other strings are effected, nor effect other strings. Any clues?

I am using GHB Boomers Light (.010-.048)

Thanks, Alvin

Anonymous

Hi,
      You may know this already but….THE SAINTS from brisbane were punks even before the sex pistols…..get "I’M STRANDED" first album…also THE CELIBATE RIFLES…..from sydney…late 70’s early 80’s
      jimmy

: im looking for names of aussie punk bands. brisbane bands especially!! so if ya know any email me pleez!!

Anonymous

: Hi, : You may know this already but….THE SAINTS from brisbane were punks even before the sex pistols…..get "I’M STRANDED" first album…also THE CELIBATE RIFLES…..from sydney…late 70’s early 80’s : jimmy : : im looking for names of aussie punk bands. brisbane bands especially!! so if ya know any email me pleez!!

Anonymous

: the leftovers : razar : the survivors : V2 & the Hiltons : thats about it : oh yea the x-men , but they sucked

Anonymous

the leftovers razar the survivors V2 & the Hiltons thats about it oh yea the x-men , but they sucked

Anonymous

"To summarize, if I am basing a song on D mix, should I just keep working at it until I find good sounding IV or V sounds by experimenting with inversions, or is it common to modulate the whole fretboard to shift into F or G mix in order to create that "shift" (like when you change from a verse to a chorus or bridge.)"

You should probably go ahead and experiment with changing keys. It’s something I have been experimenting with lately too. It sounds like you know an awful lot when it comes to changes within the same key. I started getting into this more when I fugured out how to play the Beatles song "Something." There are a couple of key changes in that song, and it got me thinking about how to apply those kind of things to my own stuff.

You can check out my cover version of Something here if you want:

[audio src="http://home.earthlink.net/~guitarjoe/Albert_Salazar_and_David_Heise_Something_Beatles_cover.mp3" /]

Anonymous

First of all, there is no way an RG 470 can be worth 300 (even first hand) since it only retails for about 00. I think these "major shops" are yanking your chain. Are you sure it’s in top condition? Have you played it? If you have, was it plugged in? Don’t take anybody’s word for anything without seeing it and playing it yourself. The 470 is a good guitar, if all you play is rock (for the most part, anyway). If it is in as good of shape as is said, then 00 is a pretty good deal. Does it come with a hardshell case (preferable) or a gig bag? Please be careful when dealing with "friend’s of friend’s". I hope this helps.

Anonymous

good condition. If you know this amp, you know it’s good. New tubes, recently serviced. Contact for price.

Anonymous

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Vito Bratta (former White Lion axe man)? I thought his playing was quite phenomenal… It’s all about melodies!

Anonymous

I hear that he has carpo-tunnel syndrome, but I can’t confirm it. If anyone has a way to get word to him, have him start taking Glucosamine, Chrondrotin, and MSM. That helps join issues quite a bit.

Anonymous

I hope this helps ya.Eddie Trunk still lives in NYC he is a VJ MTV and VH1 plus VH1C. If you know who Eddie Trunk is then you know that he is deep in the music biz.You can take what he has to say to be the complete truth.So here it is. (Finally, I spoke to White Lion guitarist Vito Bratta this week. Many have asked what’s up with this rumoured reunion. Vito told me at this point he is not involved, and that legally there can’t be a White Lion without him. However it looks like Mike Tramp may still do dates under the name with or without Vito, which could get real ugly. As always, I will keep you posted when I find out more.)

Anonymous

: If you speak to Vito let him know Vinny Albano(singer from Cashmier) has been trying to contact him. His e mail is [email protected]. I recentley spoke to him and we spoke about the old days. Vinny was a huge fan of Vitos when he was in a band called Storm. Vinny said Vito was the best guitarist with the best personality way before White Lion recognition. : I hope this helps ya.Eddie Trunk still lives in NYC he is a VJ MTV and VH1 plus VH1C. : If you know who Eddie Trunk is then you know that he is deep in the music biz.You can take what he has to say to be the complete truth.So here it is. : (Finally, I spoke to White Lion guitarist Vito Bratta this week. Many have asked what’s up with this rumoured reunion. Vito told me at this point he is not involved, and that legally there can’t be a White Lion without him. However it looks like Mike Tramp may still do dates under the name with or without Vito, which could get real ugly. As always, I will keep you posted when I find out more.) If you speak to Vito you must let him know that Vinny Albano(former singer of Cashmier) has been trying for a long time to contact him. His e mail is [email protected]

Anonymous

: : I hope this helps ya.Eddie Trunk still lives in NYC he is a VJ MTV and VH1 plus VH1C. : If you know who Eddie Trunk is then you know that he is deep in the music biz.You can take what he has to say to be the complete truth.So here it is. : (Finally, I spoke to White Lion guitarist Vito Bratta this week. Many have asked what’s up with this rumoured reunion. Vito told me at this point he is not involved, and that legally there can’t be a White Lion without him. However it looks like Mike Tramp may still do dates under the name with or without Vito, which could get real ugly. As always, I will keep you posted when I find out more.) If you speak to Vito you must let him know that Vinny Albano(former singer of Cashmier) has been trying for a long time to contact him. His e mail is [email protected]

Anonymous

Are the guys at guitarworlduk.com for real? I just spotted a crazy deal on an Aria FA 80T (a great guitar by anyone’s standards) for £150 (25) under RRP. They are selling them at £412 inclusive of tax and delivery!!! I’ve seen them in shops here in UK for around £495 but none as cheap as this. Anyone dealt with them or know anything about them? They seem to have a good selection of stuff on-line. I’m really keen to buy at that price but would like some positive feedback before I do. Can anyone help me out?

Anonymous

Fellow guitarists,
      I’ve been playing for years, and I finally got bored with playing power chords and pentatonic scales. So I learned my major scale and modes. And I mean LEARNED them – in blocks,shapes,3 octave runs, up and down each string, I can play them up the neck in 4ths, 6ths, ect.
      It took awhile (about 3 to 4 months)and I’ve noticed my soloing has alot of new colors and feeling.
      Another reason for this new approach was to be able to construct chords, anywhere, and know what filler notes would fit over them (Hendrix’s "Little Wing" sounding stuff).When I create a chord, its totally by ear (within the scale). I don’t really care about what kind of chord it is, I just go by the shapes and sounds (This works for me because I’ve decided to only play and write originals, so I don’t need to know that a chord is a Gm7sus2 – memorizing chords is only really needed if you are following someone elses song – if you think about it)
      Anyway, I still need alot of work perfecting this system. I notice that if I’m basing everything aroung , lets say a D Mixolydian, I can build chords and add fills up and down the neck, but I can’t seem to create an overall harmonic "change" or shift, like the sound of switching from a I chord to a IV or V chord.Am I making the mistake of staying in D mix throughout the whole song, or is it common to modulate to , lets say F mix.
      This might seem like a stupid question coming from someone who has adapted an unconventional approach. You probably wonder why I wouldn’t just experiment as long as I’ve come this far. The thing is, sometimes you may be on the right path, but you just need to get the hang of it, and othertimes you should just give up a certain thing and try something else.Life is short and I hate to spend a month doing something before I finally conclude that I’m on the wrong path.
      To summarize, if I am basing a song on D mix, should I just keep working at it until I find good sounding IV or V sounds by experimenting with inversions, or is it common to modulate the whole fretboard to shift into F or G mix in order to create that "shift" (like when you change from a verse to a chorus or bridge.)
      If I could just find out which direction to spend my time, then I’ll work at it until I develop a harmonic sense with this new approach. Otherwise I’m worried that I could be wasting hours try to create a harmonic flow that just isn’t possible(or is very limited).
      To some of you advanced players, this may sound like a stupid question, but I’m mostly self taught and now that I’m getting into advanced territory,I’m slightly confused.
      Major thanks….DCO

Anonymous

i would like to know if anyone has a cheap bass for sell

Anonymous

Take a trip to St. Paul to Willies American Guitars.
      http://www.williesguitars.com There is also a Guitar Center in Roseville not too far from Willies. Have fun

Anonymous

My brother in law owns a Guild BM02 ‘Brian May Special’ in natural satin finish. It is in fabulous condition.

He would like to know the current market value of his guitar and has set me the challenge of finding out.

Can anyone out there let me know how much this guitar may currently be worth or alternatively refer me to a website where I can find this information.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Anonymous

Hello,
      I’m searching for a liitle programm (windows 98) for free configuration of chord pictures.
      Thank You

Anonymous

: Hello, : I’m searching for a liitle programm (windows 98) for free configuration of chord pictures. : Thank You Fuckers

Anonymous

: : Hello, : : I’m searching for a liitle programm (windows 98) for free configuration of chord pictures. : : Thank You Helpers

Anonymous

im looking for names of aussie punk bands. brisbane bands especially!! so if ya know any email me pleez!!

Anonymous

rosi here from EFT. eMail me for stuff and also go to the Trash Video site to find info on EFT or even They Might Be Vaginas.

Anonymous

try the correct email,this is it: rosi here from EFT. eMail me for stuff and also go to the Trash Video site to find info on EFT or even They Might Be Vaginas.

Anonymous

Hi, as some of u may know im from australia and am a beginner/intermediuate player. I am after an electric guitar. Preferably ibanez or fender. A friend of mine knows a guy whos selling a second hand ibanez rg-470. Its worth 300 second hand (yes,checked with the major shops) and he is selling it for 00 and its in TIP TOP condition. Is this a good guitar?? what do you think?>?
      Is the rg series good?? etc etc etc
      http://www.ibanez.com/2001/rg/rg_specs/rg470bk/rg470bk.html#
      check her out

Anonymous

does anyone here make any money or is the premium artist service a rip-off?

Anonymous

how much money does a bass guitarist usually make?

Anonymous

looking for cool bands. pls reply

Anonymous

hi to all epiphonerz..

i just bought a used epi les paul last week.the 1st
      owner has changed the neck pickup to 59 classic.it really
      amazed me,though i play most on metal/hardcore.

now, i’m lookin for les paul wiring schematic and
      overall view/close up pic of the guitar.could anybody
      help me to find the website.your help is appreciated.tq

Anonymous

hi…

i will make a visit this comin july to chaska.hope
      anybody from chaska could guide me on
      vicinity guitar store or any pawn shop.really lookin for
      a guitar part/guitar.ur help is appreciate.tq

Anonymous

are douglas erwin guitars still made? they are noted as the beautiful custom made guitars played by the late jerry garcia. if so i would like info on price and availability thanks

Anonymous

I have been looking at the PRS copies, actually bought a Raven hollowbody and like it a lot, what a value! Now I want one of the solid bodies. I see that similar, very similar, guitars are out there branded Samick, Dillion, Springfield, Lado, and Cort. Prices seem to vary quite a bit with Raven being the least expensive. I can’t get a straight answer from anyone as to who makes them. Dillion guitars told me that theirs was superior to the rest and made in the "Dillion Factory" with no relation to samick and not associated with the others, I find that hard to believe. I keep wondering if they are made with different specs/tolerances but most of the companies say theirs is to the highest specs. If anyone can shed any light on this, I sure would appreciate it.
      It would also be interesting to know who these Korean makers are. Does everything come out of the Samick factory? Are there other manufacturers in Korea?

Anonymous

I have a TST-’56 Tokai. I can’t seem to find it anywhere, and I’d like to know the approximate value. It also has DiMarzio Pickups in the neck and bridge positions. The color is sunburst. Thanks.

Anonymous

could someone please tell me how to play solos like when people go off super fast. it seems impossible to play that fast. there must be a trick to do it what is it.

Anonymous

Good point. Strive for originality.

However, it is very useful to learn other techniques as a foundation for your own. For example, learning someone else’s song/solo often breaks me out of my own little box and sparks creative juices.

Also, it’s sometimes so damn fun to jam your favorite song note-for-note and pretend you are your guitar hero. (Which is often all beginners want to achieve).

Another warped view,
      MegaBooger

Anonymous

A lot of the younger/less experienced players on this board are way too concerned with blatantly copying their idols. You guys have got to start trying to be yourselves and stop the cloning process. Music is as boring as it is today because the new bands have copied their influences to a "t" and watered them down.
      I mean is Creed doing anything ground breaking? No.
      It’s grunge by numbers. Is Papa Roach doing anything that great? Not really. Has Metallica done anything truly heavy since And Justic for All? Um no.
      Has anything really been "alternative" since Jane’s Addiction, Sonic Youth, Black Flag? No.
      I know how it is.
      I stood in front of a mirror pretending to be Jimmy Page(insert guitar hero here)too. but I stopped when I realized that the bands who were doing this also were
      Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Warrant etc. Guys who could play but couldn’t write a song to save their lives. So please, for God’s sake, Be yourselves.

Just my warped opinion.

Anonymous

You wouldn’t happen to work for an internet marketing group do you? Release dates, links? Their biggest fan or paid to post? You decide.

Anonymous

: While rare, these aren’t super desirable as far as Pauls go. They attampted to repackage the shred-ready MK-3 with the more familiar Les Paul look. The guitars were a failure and thus discontinued. Your guitar is probably worth between 00-900. depending on condition. The sunburst was probably the rarest of the studio colors, but I doubt you have a super flame-top on this axe. Nice guitar but until it ends up in the hands of some up and comer that’s the FMV in IMHO.

Anonymous

i have a BC rich warlock guitar and a DOD Death Metal Distortion pedal and i heard there is a way to hook the guitar and pedal to your pc with a special adapter to let you record with Cakewalk pro audio 9 that i have.
      anyone know??????????????????

Anonymous

But can I rewire it myself or is it a pro job?

Anonymous

how to get metallica sound with triaxis mesa boogie + g-force tc electronic effect. I’ve already download artist preset from site mesa boogie

Anonymous

I want to prevent the fretboard from drying….:P

Anonymous

:the best oil for a fretboard is pure lemon oil.You should be able to find some at the grocery store.

: wat’s the best oil to polish my fretboard?

: If it’s Rosewood,it’s an oily wood. Don’t bother. If it’s Ebony,oil won’t penetrate it. If it’s Maple,you’ll rot it. BTW, why do you want to oil it????????

Anonymous

:
      Mine is about 3-4 mm off the FRETBOARD.

i want to play some speeding with 10s string….

Anonymous

:

It is a problem you’ll have to adjust by adjusting the tension springs in the back of the guitar.You may also have to adjust you intonation too.Once you get it right it’ll be right.

: I just got a new set of strings (12-52) but when I put them on, the bridge gradually "floated" it’s way up about an inch from the body. Will thst affect the overall sound or shoud I do something about it, if so what?

: You dont say what type of guitar, its kind of important for the bridge to be in contact with the guitar.

: G…

Anonymous

:

i just found this forum,I’ve been a member to a couple of other guitar forums for a while.how long has this one been goin’?

Does anyone recognize my name?

thanx for doing this for gitar playaz

Anonymous

I ordered my USA custom shop B.C.Rich ironbird last week!Neck through with EMGs.

I cant wait!

Anonymous

thanx for doing this for gitar playaz

Anonymous

where?

Anonymous

I bought this guitar in 1993 & I was trying to find out what the FMV of it is now.
      The serial number is #92453329
      It is a Les Paul Studio Lite with MK-III electronics. I think it is a custom job???? It is a starburst paintjob with gold hardware.

Does anyone know around what this guitar goes for in mint condition?

Thanks,

JOE

Anonymous

: I bought this guitar in 1993 & I was trying to find out what the FMV of it is now. : The serial number is #92453329 : It is a Les Paul Studio Lite with MK-III electronics. I think it is a custom job???? It is a starburst paintjob with gold hardware. : : Does anyone know around what this guitar goes for in mint condition? : Thanks, : JOE

Anonymous

$3.99 ?

Anonymous

the middle pickup on a strat is wired to be out of phase with the bridge or neck pickups in possitions 2 & 4 on the 5 position switch, giving some bucking effect.

G…

Anonymous

best plan is to build a pedal board, lay your pedals out on a piece of card, position them the way you want, at this stage its a good idea to invest in a good quality power supply unit, guitar shops or electrical diy stores can advise you on that.
      then cut the card to the right size, get your local timber store to cut you a bit of 3/4" ply wood the same size, a coat of mat black paint makes it look nicer, you then need to attach the pedals to the board, double sided tape, or sticky back velcro are best, connect the pedals up with patch leads, wire in the power supply, done.

G…

Anonymous

: Does anyone know what tuning Ry Cooder used on his amazing soundtrack, Paris, Texas?

Cooder uses lots of different tunings, open tunings, in g, e, a, and dadgad and standard, and modal you name it.

Anonymous

: I just got a new set of strings (12-52) but when I put them on, the bridge gradually "floated" it’s way up about an inch from the body. Will thst affect the overall sound or shoud I do something about it, if so what?

You dont say what type of guitar, its kind of important for the bridge to be in contact with the guitar.

G…

Anonymous

: Can anyone tell me how to tune to dropped G ?

Yes, drop the bottom e to g = gadgbe

Anonymous

I just got a new set of strings (12-52) but when I put them on, the bridge gradually "floated" it’s way up about an inch from the body. Will thst affect the overall sound or shoud I do something about it, if so what?

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me how to tune to dropped G ?

Anonymous

How do you get the sound of David Bowie’s guitar playing
      on the album, "Diamond Dogs"? I think he’s using some sort
      of flanger to get that gritty sound. Does anybody know
      what sort of effects he used?

Anonymous

Looking for a manual for a Digitech GSP-5. Any help would
      be appreciated. Thanks

Anonymous

Does anybody have any lyrics or tabs for Ash’s new
      album "Free All Angels"? Shining Light I already have,
      but everything else is still missing…Thanks.

Anonymous

: Does anybody have any lyrics for Ash’s new : album "Free All Angels"? Shining Light I already have, : but everything else is still missing…Thanks.

Anonymous

: Does anybody have any lyrics or tabs for Ash’s new : album "Free All Angels"? Shining Light I already have, : but everything else is still missing…Thanks.

Anonymous

does anyone know the tabs (guitar,drum and bass) for the new single by Ash, Sometimes

Anonymous

: wat’s the best oil to polish my fretboard?

If it’s Rosewood,it’s an oily wood. Don’t bother. If it’s Ebony,oil won’t penetrate it. If it’s Maple,you’ll rot it. BTW, why do you want to oil it????????

Anonymous

i have a BC rich warlock guitar and a DOD Death Metal Distortion pedal and i heard there is a way to hook the guitar and pedal to your pc with a special adapter to let you record with Cakewalk pro audio 9 that i have.
      anyone know??????????????????

Anonymous

:
      Either way. I usually end up singing some nonense over a riff to get some meter going. Keep notebooks of cool phrases or verses. Sometimes you can patch words to riffs using your "archives".

Anonymous

its on musicuwant.com – i absolutely love bb king and clapton and all the great blues players, and bb talks about all of it in the interview! anyone else see it?

Anonymous

Does anyone know what tuning Ry Cooder used on his amazing soundtrack, Paris, Texas?

Anonymous

I just found this link where you can hear a sample of the new BeeGees album. http://www.babblebox.com/artists/b/beegees Click on it to see if you like it! I did, and I was so excited that they finally released another album on 4/24/01. Have a wonderful day! Let me know what you think…

Anonymous

Hello —

I’m trying to find the chords to the Foxwoods Casino theme "The Wonder of It All."
      Any ideas on where I could find them, or whom I might ask?

Thanks!

RG

Anonymous

Great Question! My band wants to play this song but i can’t get the lyrics or chords anywhere. Can anyone help me? -Bart

Anonymous

i’m thinking of buying a schecter guitar but i don’t know if it sucks or not, please help me.
      send responds to my e-mail
      [email protected]
      thanks alot!!!

Anonymous

I own a schecter c-1 elite and it rocks highly reccomended

Anonymous

I have got 4 different guitareffects-pedals, each from a different brand, size and adaptors. (zoom 505, Martin Hot Drive’n Boost, Cry Baby Wah and Roland tunerpedal). How can I link them together into a practical, small unit? Can I make it myself?

Anonymous

to get humbucking on a strat with 3 singlecoils I need to reverse the polarity of the middle pickup so it humbucks with one of the others…. HOW do I reverse the polarity of the single coil pickup?
      Someone please help,
      JD

Anonymous

Would you take the risk to put both your guitars (strat & tele) in a double gig-bag? Or is it safer in 2 separate hard-cases? I’m looking for a way to reduce car-space, but I am afraid that they are much more vulnerable. (you know how it goes on the road…)

Anonymous

I am doing some research on a Thunderbird IV Bass.

The serial number of the model is 160515.

I would appreciate any information about the guitar.
      I am particularly interested in finding out the head
      stock angle as this one is currently broken off.

Anonymous

wat pickups is good for epi LP bridge PU? seymour ? dimarzio?

for hard rock and metal lead, solo

Anonymous

i want to play some speeding with 10s string….

Anonymous

anyone here using duncan custom for hardrock or metal? pls comment, thanks

Anonymous

wat’s the best oil to polish my fretboard?

Anonymous

Im in a punk/Oi band, and we wanted our own style of playing, well we picked up another guitarist (why i dont know) and i have had to do lead, i have been playing 2 Yrs. (dont give me the crap about im not good enough or havent been playing long enough, because im very determined) but I have a problem in soloing, i have used all the advice above about learning others songs, its kind of worked i know the pentatonic scale but dont know what the hell is Aeolian mode, it sounds like it could fix my problem from the way Rick described it, someone please help me, gimme sites, tips something. thanx, Later

Anonymous

i recentely put pickup covers on my pickups and now one of the pickups wont work. wut do i do.

Anonymous

is there somone who can help me finding the history off a guitar. its an mosrite ventura copy from aria

Anonymous

I find it easier to start with chord progressions first.Since the chord tones usually dictate whats going to happen in the tune anyway.When I put the chords down first,a melody jumps out at me sooner or later.Wrote a tune based on one line.Took me 36hrs. to lay it down(verses,bridge,hooks,rythyms).But thats just me.Some people are better at lyrics/melodies than others.
      Good Luck

Anonymous

Either one. It doesn’t matter. If you have a cool progression already try feeling the mood of the song and develop some lyrics accordingly. Or, if you have some lyrics written, slap a good progression on it.

Anonymous

Help.

Anonymous

: Help. It depends on what inspires me. I have written several songs and it’s always the music or chords which seem to come out of my head first. In fact, I have no words to any of these tunes.

Anonymous

What gauge strings and tuning are most appropriate for this little guitar? Light gauge strings are waaaay too loose in standard tuning.

Anonymous

What gauge strings and tuning are most appropriate for this little guitar? Light gauge strings are waaaay too loose in standard tuning.

Anonymous

Need some background info. What can you share?

Anonymous

hey
      i got me a pretty poor eipiphone sg with only one volume and tone knob
      know i want to put another volume and tone knob on
      after drilling my body and maybe going as far as adding a paul reed smith style selector
      if anyone could help us out as to how it would be much apriciated if you would email me at [email protected]
      thanks fellas keep playin

Anonymous

Does anyone have the tab for the guitar solo and riffs for The Joker by Steve Miller?? Please Help!!!

Anonymous

I own an ensoniq dp/2.Can anyone give me some suggestions about the settings,some user’s tips,anything about it?Thank You.

Anonymous

i would like to hear from someone who owns an Ace Frehley Washburn AF-40v,how good is the wonderbar tremolo and where i can get one.

Anonymous

: i would like to hear from someone who owns an Ace Frehley Washburn AF-40v,how good is the wonderbar tremolo and where i can get one. I have a wonder bar on my tele deluxe and it works great. It is really accurate and with the lock nut keeps in tune perfectly. I am writing beacuse I am also looking for the tromolo bar in chrome. If you happen to run into one In your search for the whole unit, please let me know. Thanks! JD

Anonymous

: i would like to hear from someone who owns an Ace Frehley Washburn AF-40v,how good is the wonderbar tremolo and where i can get one. I’ve owned my black/red AF-40V since it was first released. I enjoy it, but was disappointed with the light wood and lack of sustain. The wonderbar is good, if you are into bars. I’m not. The locking nut keeps this beast in tune very well.

Viewing 390 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.