Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: guitar shops in washinton dc area

: looking for 2nd hand paul reed smith electric guitar in singapore.

PICKUPS

I USE AN EPIPHONE LESS PAUL ST.100,I'M HAPPY WHITH THE PICKUPS IT'S GOT,BUT I'D PREFER A SEYMOUR DUNCAN PICKUP,I NEED SOME ADVICE,DUNCAN CUSTOM OR JB MODEL?
I LIKE A DISTORTIONIZED SOUND,WITCH ONE SHALL I CHOOSE?...WAITTING FOR ADVICE...SEE'YA!!!

Re: PICKUPS

The Seymore SH-5 is approx. 14.5 ohms.When cranked,it sounds very clear.
Good Luck

Stolen 1983 Fender Stratocaster Guitar

Stolen 1983 Fender Stratocaster Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Stolen 1983 Fender Stratocaster Guitar

fender 1000 roc-pro

where i can find shematic for fender 1000 roc-pro
tank you

tuning nylon strings

All three nylon strings will go out of tune in 10 to 15 minutes. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong? I do not expect high quality of that set-up, but I should not spend more time tuning than my kid learning to play. Thanks for advise, Jerry.

Yamaha

What is the difference between a Yamaha APX-10 and a Yamaha APX-10N?

Re: Yamaha

: What is the difference between a Yamaha APX-10 and a Yamaha APX-10N?
A: the APX-10 has steel strings... The APX-10N has nylon...

E7

Where do you put your fingers for E7? w/b anyone asap

Re: E7

well...if I understood your question,
you have some thousands ways u can do it...
seriously...counting with inversions...
and...etc... wow... lots and lots!
the basic position should be like this:
(the lowest string is on the bottom, got it?)
e ----0-------
B ----0-------
G ----1-------
D ----0-------
A ----2-------
E ----0-------

let me know if you got it!
See ya

Topgun Anthem Tabs?

Does anyone know, where I can find Topgun Anthem Tabs?

Re: Topgun Anthem Tabs?

Love that song too...
I know you can find something...like a tab...
if you have programs like encore, or cakewalk it can transcribe the notes for tabs...
and all you have to get is the midi song...I know you'll find it very easily...altavista can help you
:)
see ya...
by the way...is that guy playing steve lukather?

: Love that song too...
: I know you can find something...like a tab...
: if you have programs like encore, or cakewalk it can transcribe the notes for tabs...
: and all you have to get is the midi song...I know you'll find it very easily...altavista can help you
: :)
: see ya...
: by the way...is that guy playing steve lukather?

no its steve stevens andharold faltermyer

: Does anyone know, where I can find Topgun Anthem Tabs?

I'm also interested in that tab if you have it you're welcome to send it (wim-gert-kristof@tiscalinet.be)

Soldano Transformers (SLO 100)

I have e-mailed the tech staff at soldano.com to get transformer info (THE SOLDANO SLO 100) for all trans tech specs ie volts/ohm/amps/schematics/ etc and they will not answer. If you have one, could you send the model number and brands of each,

It would be just awsome if someone would reply,

Dave

Re: Soldano Transformers (SLO 100)

Please I don not spicking english

Schematics Transformer (SLO 100)

Re: Soldano Transformers (SLO 100)

Did you find the caracteristics of the soldano transformer?
if yes would you write me all materials about it?

i wanna know how much my guitar is worth?

i wanna know how much my guitar is worth?

This popular thread has been given its own page : i wanna know how much my guitar is worth?

Les Paul giveaway

They're giving away a '58 reissue Les Paul at lynyrdskynyrd.com. Thought ya'll might wanna know.

Re: Les Paul giveaway

plz let me win les paul is my dream guitar help this fantasy come true

head stock breakage

my head stock broke. on my accoustic
I TOOK it in to a pro to fix it he told me how...
NOW...how easy do you all think it would be..??

Re: head stock breakage

It's not something that most people should attempt, but with the proper glue (epoxy) it's not that hard. If I were fixing someone's guitar and only had to do the glue job and restring it...i.e. not any finish work, I'd probably charge no more than about $50 - $75.

: my head stock broke. on my accoustic
: I TOOK it in to a pro to fix it he told me how...
: NOW...how easy do you all think it would be..??

les paul

is there a sight that explanes the differnce in all the les pauls made?

LesPaul wiring

I've recently been given an old LesPaul lookalike, one pickup is intact and looks original. the other is missing. The previous owner rigged it so he could use just the one pickup. I need to re-wire it to use both pickups. can anyone help?

construccion de guitarras electricas

construccion de guitarras electricas

This popular thread has been given its own page : construccion de guitarras electricas

Need Help: Measurements for an Ibanez RG or Warlock.

I am making a guitar and I need measurements. I would like to duplicate and Ibanez RG if someone owns one and has the measurements or has done this before. If someone has made a guitar before and it isnt even an RG but has blueprints or could just send me an email with the measurements or whatever I need to know, I would appreciate it. thank you.

Re: Need Help: Measurements for an Ibanez RG or Warlock.

: I am making a guitar and I need measurements. I would like to duplicate and Ibanez RG if someone owns one and has the measurements or has done this before. If someone has made a guitar before and it isnt even an RG but has blueprints or could just send me an email with the measurements or whatever I need to know, I would appreciate it. thank you.

Guitar measurments

hey iam making a guitar and i need all the measurments thanx Peace

Acoustic Guitarists Manfred Farnbach / Oliver Spieb

I bought a cd about 10 years ago by a pair of German acoustic artists named Manfred Christl Farnbach and Oliver Spieb. The disc is entitled "Bilder" and it is heartstopping! I have turned the Web upside down trying to find more music by these guys, with no luck. Has anyone heard of these artists, and if so, where can I find some more of their music? Thanks! Dag

Re: Acoustic Guitarists Manfred Farnbach / Oliver Spieb

You can order CDs on www.farnbach.de

tokai model number 7647

A friend of mine just gave me a Tokai model #7647 Can anyone here tell me about this guitar and how old it is. and any other info on it thank you

Gibson ES150

I've recently bought a Gibson ES150 which is 'cosmetically challenged'. I'd like to restore it to its former glory (it's already had a bad respray at some point in the past), but will a strip down and respray change its tone? I don't want to lose its great sound.

Re: Gibson ES150

: I've recently bought a Gibson ES150 which is 'cosmetically challenged'. I'd like to restore it to its former glory (it's already had a bad respray at some point in the past), but will a strip down and respray change its tone? I don't want to lose its great sound.

Done right, It could actually improve it. What year is it?

Re: Gibson ES150

: I've recently bought a Gibson ES150 which is 'cosmetically challenged'. I'd like to restore it to its former glory (it's already had a bad respray at some point in the past), but will a strip down and respray change its tone? I don't want to lose its great sound.

I just bought a 1936 also today. I may refin it if it's just too ugly.

hellllllp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need your help. I've almost got enough points for a new guitar at this website. if i get people to sign up i get mass points all you have to do is go to madhive.com/signup/ and answer like 5 questions and thats it just make sure you put Joker_16 as the person who told you about it, id really appreciate it thanks

Whammy Bar?

what is a whammy bar and what does it do? Does it help?

Re: Whammy Bar?

Hello?? Someone answer.

wWw.TwistedSite.f2s.com

:It's really called a tremello arm. It helps, but only if you want to be Eddie van Halen.

It's really not even a tremolo bar. Tremolo has nothing to do with it. It's proper name is a vibrato bar. That is what it does, it bends the pitch up or down hence the name "vibrato" bar. Tremolo is completely different. It has to do with the fluctuation in volume, think of a tremolo pedal.

Vintage electric guitars

Re: Vintage electric guitars

HI HAVE A MATE WITH A GIBSON 'MARUDA' ELECTRIC SINGLE
CUTTAWAY. Re WHAT YEAR,VALUE, ITS NOT FOR SALE HE'S
HAD IT FOR A FEW YEARS. THANKS JEFF SMITH

1960 vox guitar

hi i own a 1960 white lead vox guitar .i still have the orignal strings etc plus the case .i wos
wondering if u could put a price on it 4 me .also would u b interested in it i have some photos its in fantastic condition b f n jayne .

Vintage Guitars

Hey anybody ever heard of a "ROY SMECK" Guitar?
this one looks like a late 60's version moulded somewhat after a gibson. electric hollow body.
This one needs a lot of repair and I'm not sure what its worth?

Re: Vintage Guitars

H cris

There are some Roy Smack models from Gibson and Harmony. Yes, they can be pretty valuble, the gibson more than the harmony of course...

: Hey anybody ever heard of a "ROY SMECK" Guitar?
: this one looks like a late 60's version moulded somewhat after a gibson. electric hollow body.
: This one needs a lot of repair and I'm not sure what its worth?

: H cris

: There are some Roy Smack models from Gibson and Harmony. Yes, they can be pretty valuble, the gibson more than the harmony of course...

: : Hey anybody ever heard of a "ROY SMECK" Guitar?
: : this one looks like a late 60's version moulded somewhat after a gibson. electric hollow body.
: : This one needs a lot of repair and I'm not sure what its worth?

The Harmony Model H73 was an electric thin hollow body with a partial cut away on the top of the neck and a full cut away at the bottom. The top left of the instrument had "Roy Smeck" painted(?) on it. As far as I know it only came in a red opague finish. It also had white control knobs and a white pick guard. It came equipmed with a vibrato tail piece but it was not a Bigsby. I received one for Christmas in 1965 and played it every day until 1969 when I traded it on a Les Paul Custom.

: : H cris

: : There are some Roy Smack models from Gibson and Harmony. Yes, they can be pretty valuble, the gibson more than the harmony of course...

: : : Hey anybody ever heard of a "ROY SMECK" Guitar?
: : : this one looks like a late 60's version moulded somewhat after a gibson. electric hollow body.
: : : This one needs a lot of repair and I'm not sure what its worth?

Re: Vintage Guitars Harmony electric thin Roy Smeck

In 1966 I owned a "Chinese Red" Harmony as described with white inlaid edging, a white elevated pick guard, toggle switch on upper left body, the no name vibrato bar, and "Roy Smeck" insignia. It played beautifully, had great action, preferred flat wound strings and a great but unusual tone. "Roy Smeck" autograph models were common at Harmony and were placed upon ukeleles, mandolins, guitars without much distinction. This guitar I believe is a relative to the "Rocket" models. I wish I still had mine. I sold it in 1968 and saw it again being played on stage in the mid-seventies.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.