Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2001

Advertisement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

learning to play guitar??

hi, i just got an accoustic guitar and now need to learn to play it, can anyone recommend any good books which they know are supposed to be good or they themselves have found very helpfull. i'm a total beginer and have looked at a few books which didn't seem helpfull, anyother tips or advice would be very welcome. thanks

Re: learning to play guitar??

If your trying to jump in and play songs right away your doing the wrong thing. a book can aid you but just get a chord chart and practice over and over again, once you get your chords down and can play them without duds and flow from chord to chord move on to your scales. Also once you have your chords down you can start to learn a few basic songs and make up your own stuff. GOOD LUCK

Everybody wants to learn by themselves from books these days. The frustrating reality of it is that learning from books is slow and much harder than guitar should be. You don't always understand exactly what the author means at times even with the best books. My recamendation to you, as someone who taught himself, is do a couple of months with a good friendly guitar teacher. After that if you really want to do it alone things happen a little faster and you have a good foundation. Good luck

Chords are made up of scales. I'd learn the scales, at least that's what I'm being taught first. We're just starting into chords and they make more sense. Bones is right about starting out under a good instructor. What I haven't seen yet is how long it takes to program a "fine motor" skill (which is what fretting strings is) into your unconscious mind: 3,000 - 5,000 repetitions = lots of practice & patience.

i dont want to buy books i need sum good websites that teach the strings and stuff. HEEEEEELLLLP!!!

best guitar to learn on

i wrote the post below but forgot to say that i also have acces to an ellectric guitar, what is best and easist to leann on seeing as i have no experience????
p.s i've only just started and am already having trouble with chords, are these easier on an eletric guitar??

Re: best guitar to learn on

Well this is what I would tell you, seeing as you mentioned you have an acoustic, I'll tell you this right now, acoustic guitars generally have heavier gauge strings (unless they're nylon) and higher actions, meaning they're harder to play on and do more damage to uncalused fingers. I guess it depends on what style of music you're into, I would pickup a mexi strat to start on, seeing as they're cheap and decent guitars, set it up with 9 gauge strings and a low action. It should be easy to bar the strings and depress them, as well as move quickly along the fretboard with very little ripping of the fingers. However this is all preference, you may want to go with heavier strings for the beefier tone.

: i wrote the post below but forgot to say that i also have acces to an ellectric guitar, what is best and easist to leann on seeing as i have no experience????
: p.s i've only just started and am already having trouble with chords, are these easier on an eletric guitar??

: i wrote the post below but forgot to say that i also have acces to an ellectric guitar, what is best and easist to leann on seeing as i have no experience????
: p.s i've only just started and am already having trouble with chords, are these easier on an eletric guitar??

Can anyone help me? I need to Know what kind of guitar to get if i'm just getting started and haven't been to lessons yet.

Hey Annie, Im in the same boat. I dont know what guitar to learn on. Did you get any good advice?

I need Guitar Pro 3 demo scores PRINT !!!!

Somebody knows where I can find the a crack to Guitar Pro 3.0 Demo that can enable to print the scores. ???

I tried the gp30democrk.exe but didn´t work...

Re: I need Guitar Pro 3 demo scores PRINT !!!!

somebody just please show me the damn way to crack this ass hole .....!
ThanX a lot if u did !!

:

anyone kind enough,please send me a url or crack or something to get printing

People... no need to get up set.. don't yous know.. all you have to do is go to the nearest search engine (like google..) and type in what you want.. that is guitar pro 3.0 crack.. and wa la.. you have lots of pages to go to.. just fine the right one..

I have guitar pro 3.0 crack. Send mail to me for it.

I have GP30 crack

I have guitar pro 3.0 crack. Send mail to me for it.

Re: I have GP30 crack

: I have guitar pro 3.0 crack. Send mail to me for it.

: : I have guitar pro 3.0 crack. Send mail to me for it.

: : : I have guitar pro 3.0 crack. Send mail to me for it.

: : : : I have guitar pro 3.0 crack. Send mail to me for it.

: : : : : I have guitar pro 3.0 crack. Send mail to me for it.

please could you send it to me on my e-mail adress

I need it also pls send to me by my e-mail address!!Thanks a lot!!

Please send me this crack. My e-mail: guva@freemai.hu

hello...

i´m a guitar player from Chile.
Í have gp3.0 but i didn´t can find the crack for it, so... you really would help me if tou send it to me...

for the music..

well .... thank you any way
bye

I'm downloading one from morpheus......if you havent got it get it!

Fuck you!! American pig!!!

: Somebody knows where I can find a crack to Guitar Pro 3.0 Demo that can enable to print the scores. ???

I believe is not possible

OK, I'm gonna try to explain a couple of things.
I had gtp 2.2 demo which lets you print but with some annoying letters on the tablature. There's a crack for this version that removes that letters but this is possible because the "print module" is on the demo itself. What I think is that the gtp 3 demo version doesn't have that "print module" (note that doesn`t let you print anything) so I guess that such crack is not possible. Maybe we can someday get the full version!!

: Good news,guy....

: go to http://www.sakalli.net and download the FREE full version of Guitar Pro V3.0

: USER ID = HASAN OZDEMIR
KEY ID = 10542-84669-82000

: Tested, sure can work!!!

downloading..

thanks pal

I really need Guitar Pro 3 demo scores PRINT !!!!

if anyone has a printing patch for guitar pro 3 send it to laxl113@hotmail.com

I need Guitar Pro 3 demo scores PRINT !!!!!!!!!

PLEASE - HELP ME !!!!
: Somebody knows where I can find the a crack to Guitar Pro 3.0 Demo that can enable to print the scores. ???

: I tried the gp30democrk.exe but didn´t work...

:

how do I get the laquer off my guitar boddy

I am trying to remove the laquer from a strat body but everything that i have tried on it so far has had no effect whatsoever, does any know how to do it

Re: how do I get the laquer off my guitar boddy

The only way I ever managed was to sand it off by hand with fairly course sandpaper then use finer paper to restore the woodwork.

Re: how do I get the laquer off my guitar boddy

: I am trying to remove the laquer from a strat body but everything that i have tried on it so far has had no effect whatsoever, does any know how to do it

Might be polyester. Try 60 grit then 100 then 220.
Paint doesn't like sticking to a surface much finer
than 320.

how do I get the laquer off my guitar body

I am trying to remove the laquer from a strat body but everything that i have tried on it so far has had no effect whatsoever, does any know how to do it

Re: how do I get the laquer off my guitar body

Start sanding. I did this to mine and the only thing that worked was good ole sandpaper

I AM A BEGGINER please HELP ME

i jave bought a guitar bout 2 weeks ago and i was wondering if any one could tell the name of some songs with easy tabs you know that are esasyto play for a begginer i was also wondering what would be a good guitar for me in the future in the 300-400 doller range i was also wondering what you guys think bout b.c rich are they any good they have great looks but looks can be deceiving to so if any one has answers can you email or reply to this

Re: I AM A BEGGINER please HELP ME

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/

this seems to be a really good site for beginners. I couldnt get into the tabs page, seems like they didnt finish it yet, but i'd try later.
Of course you can email me for anything.
Good luck!

im doing a solo and cant find an easy song

hi im doing a solo in front of my whole school and theirs 10101909 students so think about it HHHHEEEEELLLLPPPPPPP MMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL COMPUTER TABS.......

All tabs that you find on the internet are wrong! If you are looking for an exact tabv on the internet, you won't find one beause they don't exist. They are only close interpretations of someone. I you really want to learn the song, learn it by ear. It will probably be just as good and you areactually training your ear!!
Don't say you can't or you haven't been playing long enough, becasue my friend (who has been playing for two months) can pick up most songs played on the radio after only a few minutes of listening. Internet tabs are gay, because they are wrong. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!! Learn buy ear or buy the damn music from the store if you refuse to beleive that your ear is capable of picking up songs!!!!!

Re: ALL COMPUTER TABS.......

well tabs off the net are people putting what they are listening to on the internet they are doing the same thing we would doi if we were figuring the sng out ourselves only they are doing it and posting on the internet so it really doesnt matter if you figure out the song your self or from the internet

Re: ALL COMPUTER TABS.......

No, shut up you are gay

boring... Get a life... or at the least outta here

T Your banter is boring and sorely lacking insight, also This ain't a cruising site... look for guys elsewhere.

beginers i need suggestions on what to do

um will some one finally give me some help here lol i want to know what are the first basic things i should learn first i want answers cause my fuckin teachers hasnt called me liek the bitch says he wass and if he doesnt call i am gonna go over there and startt shit lol but i was just wondering if any one had any suggestions if so please tell me thanx

Re: beginers i need suggestions on what to do

dude you write like a girl

Re: beginers i need suggestions on what to do

I will answer but you could be more specific.
What music do you want to play? What kind of guitar do you have?
Seems that you dont like too much studying - :)
Sorry for my poor english

McPherson Guitar

Does anyone know where I could buy a McPherson acoustic guitar, how much should I expect to pay?

Re: McPherson Guitar

You have to order them direct from Matt McPherson at www.mcphersonguitars.com or (680)366-1407. Standard wood combinations of redwood/rosewood, cedar/rosewood, or spruce/rosewood are $4,000, but having played one, they're worth every penny!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.