Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2001

Advertisement

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: In need of a quality amp for less than $500.00

Try eBay.com.
You'll get much more for $500.
I picked up a used Mesa Boogie Triaxis for $700 on the UK site!
If you keep an eye out on there things tend to pop up.

I've used line 6 amps for a couple of years now and really like em... but they are kinda pricey, the flextone II-XL is a great all around amp, and convient if you are gigging alot, you can save all your setups and just have to lug around the one amp and floorboard, but it also depends on the 'sound' you want, I have fenders, crates, a mesa boogie, and a randall and they are all fine, I just find the Line 6 easiest to lug around and use lately (plus you can create your own models/effects/patches and download them)... so keep an eye out on ebay as for $500 you should be able to find a great amp.

: I'm upgrading my amp from a 15 watt Charvel practice amp.I'm thinking of a Line6 112.Whats out there for me?

: I'm upgrading my amp from a 15 watt Charvel practice amp.I'm thinking of a Line6 112.Whats out there for me?
the Fender Blues Jr is a remarkable box for under 4 bills...

Building a guitar for my son

I'm building a guitar - or at least plan to - for ny son who I have enciurages into music.
He has suggested the Gibsom Les Paul style as the one to go for, So, I need to know the specification of the guitar. The angle of the neck, The angle of the head on the neck. The height of the bridge etc etc etc.

Does anybody out there have the Gibson Les Paul Standard Specifictions?

Re: Building a guitar for my son

: I'm building a guitar - or at least plan to - for ny son who I have enciurages into music.
: He has suggested the Gibsom Les Paul style as the one to go for, So, I need to know the specification of the guitar. The angle of the neck, The angle of the head on the neck. The height of the bridge etc etc etc.

: Does anybody out there have the Gibson Les Paul Standard Specifictions?
Try StewartMacDonald Guitar Shop Supply

Re: Building a guitar for my son

: : I'm building a guitar - or at least plan to - for ny son who I have enciurages into music.
: : He has suggested the Gibsom Les Paul style as the one to go for, So, I need to know the specification of the guitar. The angle of the neck, The angle of the head on the neck. The height of the bridge etc etc etc.

I'm trying to find out more about construction of the Les Paul myself. You might try contacting Gibson. I own one (1983 Standard). I know some of the basic specs but not much about the actual construction. The basics.
1. Its a mahogany body blank with a maple top glued on. At least thats the case for the ones with a clear finish. Mine has a solid color finish and might be solid mahogany for all I know. (It weighs 9 lbs.!)
2. The top is hand carved.
3. The neck is quartersawn mahogany. Sometimes hard rock maple.
4. The scale length is 24 and 3/4" from nut to bridge.
5. I don't know the tilt back angle of the neck.
6. It's a "set" neck (glued on)
I have built some kit guitars and I am thinking about building a more serious guitar from scratch and even though I will base it around the Les Paul I imagine it wouldn't really be a good first time project. One other possibility is a Warmouth guitars.
They are online and sell bodies and necks that are copies of a Les Paul. They have all the bits and pieces to put together a good copy. But if its going to cost over a $1000 for bits and pieces you might want to shop around for a good used one. All the Les Pauls are hand built and are really works of art in their own right. They are out there in many styles and prices and while expensive if kept in good condition will only appreciate in value.
Good luck and let me know how it works out.
Clint

Korn patches

Hi everybody!!!!
I have a Boss GT3, and I need some Korn patches!!
If somebody could help me!?!?!?!?!?
Thanks!!!!!!!

Re: Korn patches

to get that "liquid" sound,set the premp to a clean one.turn auto wah on with everything on low eccept for rate and depth, then go to a bi phaser and set the rate to about 96 and the depth to around 75. turn the step phaser on to full rate and depth. add to this delay and a small amount of chorus and you'll have that korn liquid sound.
p.s you'll have to tweak the equiliser and the phase settings ect to get it how u want it exactly.

Hello

My name is Pablo and I was just wondering if you had the patch for Blink 182 and the Offsprings. I would really appreciate if you could give them to me. Hope you reply. Thank you.

Sicerely,

Pablo Olivares

an old Peavey

an old Peavey

This popular thread has been given its own page : an old Peavey

metal guitar for under $400-500

im lookin for a metal guitar with a floyd and good humbuckers for under $400 please email any ideas to my address thanks alot anyone who takes the time

Re: metal guitar for under $400-500

The Ibanez RG series is probably your best bet. Check them out.

: im lookin for a metal guitar with a floyd and good humbuckers for under $400 please email any ideas to my address thanks alot anyone who takes the time

Be a man and get yourself a jackson, there built very well even the budget ones, i own the warrior XT 450$$
and an older kelly 399$$ the best guitars i own...
dont get ibanez i dont like them for one reason,
they suck................

Man get the Warlock NJ !

: im lookin for a metal guitar with a floyd and good humbuckers for under $400 please email any ideas to my address thanks alot anyone who takes the time

Epiphone Genesis info wanted!

I am collecting information on the Epiphone Genesis, which was built between 1979 and 1981 in Japan.

I would be very happy if you could send me your pictures, serial numbers, history, and all other information you can find on this guitar.

I have yet to come across original folders or advertisements for this guitar when it was first sold.

Any info welcome!

Re: Epiphone Genesis info wanted!

: FUCK OFF COCK IM NOT HELPING YOU

Re: Epiphone Genesis info wanted!

Well, I own an Epiphone Genesis Custom in sunburst. It is very difficult to get some information about this guitar. But I have some: the Genesis was built in Taiwan not Japan.
Visit:http://www.gibson.com/downloads/bluebook/EpiphoneElectrics.pdf
Here can you get more information. Enjoy ! The force will be with you.

: I am collecting information on the Epiphone Genesis, which was built between 1979 and 1981 in Japan.

: I would be very happy if you could send me your pictures, serial numbers, history, and all other information you can find on this guitar.

: I have yet to come across original folders or advertisements for this guitar when it was first sold.

: Any info welcome!

Need help on amplifying accoustic guitars

I would like to amplify my accoustic guitars. I have no amp right now. What pickups, preamps, amps would you recommend? I would like the pickups, if possible, to be removeable without marring the guitars.
Thanks.

Re: Need help on amplifying accoustic guitars

The Fender Acoustasonic amp is probably the best sounding acoustic amp available. Dean Markley and D'Addario make soundhole pickups. Depending on how much you want to spend, they do have high quality ones that will not give you any hum. If there's anything else I can help you with regarding guitars, give me a call at 1-888-590-9700 or email me at rgallo@music123.com -Roe

Re: Need help on amplifying accoustic guitars

I strongly agree with the Fender Acoustasonic. It is an absolutely AMAZING acoustic amp. But, as far as the pickup, I would say to go with the Fishman pickups and preamp system. They cost a bit more than the ones mentioned but they are awesome. And getting a good and accurate reproduction of the acoustic tones, especially out of a guitar that is not factory acoustic/electric, is vital. Fishman does the job and it does it extremely well!! Good luck.

Masters of reality tab

is ther anybody, who can help me find some MASTERS OF REALITY tabs, i've looked everywhere, but didn't find anything

bArt

Toys - Pods and Marshall JMP1

I want to buy a toy. I'm in an appartment block with strong rules on noise. I'm a decent kind of guy, so I play through headphones.
But, it never sounds like a valve amp.

I also want to upgrade my amp. So, I reckon on two options. I could got for the Marshall JMP1 preamp, IF it is OK to play it through headphones alone, and then power it out for gigs.
OR, I could go for a decent head/speaker setup, or a good combo, and get a POD for practice with headphones.

The question is, will I be satisfied with either after a few weeks?

Re: Toys - Pods and Marshall JMP1

Your a guitarist and the search for tone is endless so you will be looking for something else after a few weeks no matter what you get. From what I hear the Pod from Line 6 is absolutely brilliant. Of course Line 6 make all of that stuff in amps aswell.

Re: Toys - Pods and Marshall JMP1

jonners, i have a pod and its brilliant, i use it for recording and it is great, but i also have a tech 21 trademark 60 amp, with 2 great sounding channels 1 is clean, sort of fender type sound (although it can be overdriven) and 2 is good marshall type overdrive, it also has a headphone socket. it is not valve but is better than a lot of valve amps i have heard. pod is good (as r loads of amp simulators) but an amp has something thay dont. moving air is the name of the game. good luck

Korn patches

Hello everybory!!!!!
I have a boss GT3 and I need some Korn efects, if somebody could help me!!!!!!
Thanks!!!!!!!

Advice on Martin SP000-16 & M36

Anybody know the value & info on either the SP000-16R or the M36 ?

Re: Advice on Martin SP000-16 & M36

: Anybody know the value & info on either the SP000-16R or the M36 ?

I bought a "used" one (SP00-16R) that a small dealer bought from a big city dealer, never been out in public, for $1195 and haven't seen it for less. For that matter I haven't seen that guitar in person anywhere else and thing it is probably one of the best Martin deals there is. Mine sings!

Composing??

Hello guys. I'm new here. I just want to know how you guys compose. Lyrics or the melody first? Do you write songs all by yourself or with your band? Thank you!

GUITAR VIDEOS FORSALE

I hope this is the right place to put this ad, I didn't see a "classified" section.

I have the following guitar videos forsale:(All in EXC+ condition) All videos are $15 unless stated otherwise. These are the ORIGINAL videos, not dubs.

John Abercrombie - Jazz Guitar Improvisation
Eric Johnson - Total Electric Guitar
Tommy Tedesco - Playing Guitar for a Living
Jerry Donahue - Country Tech
Albert Lee - Starlicks Series
Albert Lee - Advanced Country Guitar
Albert Lee - Country Guitar Legend(2 tapes $20)
Mark Whitfield - Starlicks Series
Joe Dalton - Country Jazz Guitar
Larry Coryell - Advanced Jazz Guitar
Pete Anderson - Roots Rock Workshop
Hotlicks Anthology - Chicago Blues (Buddy Guy, Otish Rush, Arlen Roth, Cornell Dupree, Jay Geils, Ronnie Earl)($5)
Hotlicks Anthology - Blues (Arlen Roth, Buddy Guy, Duke Robillard, Lonnie Mack, Ronnie Earl, Harvey Mandel)($5)
Jazz Guitar Anthology - Herb Ellis, Joe Pass, Clint Strong, Pat Martino($5)
Arlen Roth's 150 Licks - Arlen Roth($10)
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Playing in the Style of...($10)
Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson - G3 LIVE VHS

tommy tedesco

i am interested in the tommy tedesco video "playing guitar for a living". have you got it, and what is total price i.e. tape & shipping ect.

sabor a mi

I would like the chords for sabor a mi, thanks

Re: sabor a mi

: I would like the chords for sabor a mi, thanks

and the words if posssible

Re: sabor a mi

: I would like the chords for sabor a mi, thanks

Here you go....................

SABOR A MI (Álvaro Carrillo)

G7 C F7
Tanto tiempo disfrutamos de este amor,
G
nuestras almas se acercaron tanto así,
Bbd Am7
que yo guardo tu sabor,
D7 G
pero tú llevas también sabor a mí.

G7 C F7
Si negaras mi presencia en tu vivir,
G
bastaría con abrazarte y conversar,
Bbd Am7
tanta vida yo te di,
D7 G / F7 / GM
que por fuerza tienes ya sabor a mí.

Dm7 G7 Dm7 G7
No pretendo ser tu dueño,
C Dm7 C
no soy nada, yo no tengo vanidad.
Em7 A7 Em7 A7
De mi vida doy lo bueno,
D7 Am7 D7
soy tan pobre qué otra cosa puedo dar.

G7 C F7
Pasarán más de mil años, muchos más,
G
y no se si tendrá amor la eternidad,
Bbd Am7
pero allá tal como aquí,
D7 G
en la boca llevarás sabor a mí

the greatest guitar player on earth....

eric clapton....he is the guitar player of all time..who has so many talent like him?..from yardbirds...cream...and until now...he got so many ideas...he plays the guitar well..and the guitar plays for him better...i think the great guitar player is not guitar player who can play fast..or do some other millions technique..how you can compose the notes is the most important thing...and EC is totally awesome!!!

Re: the greatest guitar player on earth....

: eric clapton....he is the guitar player of all time..who has so many talent like him?..from yardbirds...cream...and until now...he got so many ideas...he plays the guitar well..and the guitar plays for him better...i think the great guitar player is not guitar player who can play fast..or do some other millions technique..how you can compose the notes is the most important thing...and EC is totally awesome!!!

I agree with you that EC is an awesome guitar player...for the style of music he writes & plays. Have you listened to any Frank Zappa, Steve Vai, Doyle Bramhall II, Randy Rhodes, Malcom Young's rhythm playing, Dickie Betts, Duane Allman, etc.? How about Muddy Waters, Lightnin' Hopkins, & many, many others?
EC is a great guitarist, but it would be a boring world to here just one style of music. Plus EC's style is derived from some of the artists mentioned above!

:
: : eric clapton....he is the guitar player of all time..who has so many talent like him?..from yardbirds...cream...and until now...he got so many ideas...he plays the guitar well..and the guitar plays for him better...i think the great guitar player is not guitar player who can play fast..or do some other millions technique..how you can compose the notes is the most important thing...and EC is totally awesome!!!

: I agree with you that EC is an awesome guitar player...for the style of music he writes & plays. Have you listened to any Frank Zappa, Steve Vai, Doyle Bramhall II, Randy Rhodes, Malcom Young's rhythm playing, Dickie Betts, Duane Allman, etc.? How about Muddy Waters, Lightnin' Hopkins, & many, many others?
: EC is a great guitarist, but it would be a boring world to here just one style of music. Plus EC's style is derived from some of the artists mentioned above!
: All of the above are great players and Clapton didn't get the nickname "Slow Hand" for nothing, but two players who had a huge impact on me and my style are Roy Buchanan and Johnny Winter. Buchanan made the telecaster do things almost 30 yrs. ago that they use effects pedals to do today. If you never had a chance to hear him, you can find some MP3's to download and give a listen to.

: All of the above are great players and Clapton didn't get the nickname "Slow Hand" for nothing, but two players who had a huge impact on me and my style are Roy Buchanan and Johnny Winter. Buchanan made the telecaster do things almost 30 yrs. ago that they use effects pedals to do today. If you never had a chance to hear him, you can find some MP3's to download and give a listen to.

To me the most impressive player out there is Monte Montgomery. He absolutely rips an acoustic guitar to shreads with every technique imaginable, bends the neck for a whammy effect, finger tapping, speed flash, you name it...just do a net search with his name and check it out! -Gary

vai tones

i was wondering if anyone has any steve vai distortions...etc...how he gets wah...the pitch bender i think it is on touching toungues for the chorus part... and if anyone has any tablature that would be appreciated...also if anyone has the korg ax1g i would apreciate input...

Re: vai tones

Vai's tone is alot more than just distortion and wah. His Bogner amps and all of the processors, along with a custom built guitar makes up his tone. Not to mention his practically perfect technique.

request tab for goodbye to romance by the OZZman Cometh

i need to know how to play the solo

Zoom GFX-707 for sale

New-in-box Zoom GFX-707 multi-effects processor with power adapter for sale. Please email me off list for more information. Thanks

Re: Zoom GFX-707 for sale

: New-in-box Zoom GFX-707 multi-effects processor with power adapter for sale. Please email me off list for more information. Thanks

How much are you asking may be intersted 100-150?

I need turning pegs for old guild 12-string

My guild is about 40 years old. I need a set of new turning pegs. I have carpal tunnel (lets me still plaaaay the blues), but I am trying to restring and tuning is hard....I am an old man, 56 yrz old.
what is a goopd brand of tuning pegh apparatus that will fit, ande make turning easier?
love to all!!!
steve

TASCAM 244 Portastudio

TASCAM 244 Portastudio

This popular thread has been given its own page : TASCAM 244 Portastudio

I need a guitar tab of WASP - WILD CHILD

Please I need it badly could somebody send it to my e-mail, cause I don't have much time for browsing. Thanks to all who would like to help

Innocence Lost

www.innocencelostrocks.com

I NEED CHIC PARTITURES FOR PIANO

I NEED THE PARTITURES FOR PIANO OF A WARMSUMMERNIGHT AND AT LAST IM FREE FROM CHIC.( B. EDWARDS AND N. RODGERS) THANX !

how much is an obation guitar worth

?

Re: how much is an obation guitar worth

Obation guitars aren't worth anything. Ovation guitars, however, can be worth something, though probably not too much. They simply aren't what they used to be. Check with a musical instrument appraiser for the most accurate value.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.