Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: New Korg AX1500G website

: HEy All!

: I recently started a website of resources for the Korg AX1500g - I'm gonna get a patch database going. Any submissions, comments, or feedback would be great!

: Tim

It Seems I forgot to put the URL in my message...what a moron I am! It's www.geocities.com/korgrd Check It Out!

I want to start playing electric so could anyone give some advice on what to get and where to get it

people r telling me to get a package for a first timer. i was looking at the epiphone special 11 package. its this a good choice or bad. I'd like some of your thoughs

Re: I want to start playing electric so could anyone give some advice on what to get and where to ge

: people r telling me to get a package for a first timer. i was looking at the epiphone special 11 package. its this a good choice or bad. I'd like some of your thoughs
I'VE BEEN DOING ALOT OF RESURCH ON THAT VERY SUBJECT. I PLAY ACCUOSTIC RITE NOW {HARD TO PLUG IN ON THE ROAD,I'M A TRUCKER}.ANYWHO, I'VE NARROWED MY SEARCH DOWN TO A FEW. ON THE LOW SIDE CHECK OUT KRAMER PACKAGES AT MUSICYO.COM GUITAR/AMP/ECT.=$180
OR THE IBANEZIJS50 PACK $329 AT MUSICIANSFREIND.COM
AND THE EPIPHONE SPECIAL 2 PLUS IS A GOOD CHOICE BUT I HAVEN'T FOUND IT IN A PACKAGE YET. ONE THING TO DEFINETLY GET IS HUMBUCKERS I PREFER DOUBLES BUT A BRIDGE HUM AND 2 SINGLES AREN'T BAD. LIKE I SAID I'M IN THE MARKET MYSELF SO IF YA FIND ANY OTHERS LET ME KNOW. GOOD LUCK

Who can send me a tab of VAN HALEN's SOLO of JUMP

Hi everyone,
I'd like to play VAN HALENS Guitar-Solo of the song 'JUMP'. Is there anyone who can send me a good tab-transciption?
Thanks
Nikhil

Guitar Identity

Need identity of large flat top aucustic guitar with cutaway and gaurd or pear-shaped sound hole, mohagonany body and spruce top. Markings stripped. Inside back marking K28 2885(?). Please email me.

what is the one true guitar in the world,

what is the one true guitar in the world? the one true colour? cause i want the one true guitar no matter how much it costs and dont answer this bob the nob cause you aint got one sperm on your tiny little dick!!!!

Re: what is the one true guitar in the world,

: what is the one true guitar in the world? the one true colour? cause i want the one true guitar no matter how much it costs and dont answer this bob the nob cause you aint got one sperm on your tiny little dick!!!!

The one true guitar in the world is the one that can make a sound even when you fuck up.I have a few guitars,and the one I love to play the most is the ugliest ,heaviest one you could ever lay eyes on.I will be honest with you,it's not how much you spend,it's the sound that counts.There's alot of guitars out there that don't cost a fortune,but are fantastic instruments.Go to a music store and try a few out,try different necks and body wood,and when you find one you feel close to,don't buy it!Get it from Musician'sFriend...they seem to have the best prices.!

yeah guys but what guitars are your favorites what ones do you think is the best guitar? p.s mettalica dude meatalicas guitarist (the one with the brown hair)'s guitar in 2i disappear" is the best!!!

: yeah guys but what guitars are your favorites what ones do you think is the best guitar? p.s mettalica dude meatalicas guitarist (the one with the brown hair)'s guitar in 2i disappear" is the best!!!

Well,I really don't know what to say is the best guitar in the world.If you don't care about bucks that much,Gibson makes just about the best "playable"guitar there is for anyone.I,on the other hand,wish to own a PaulReedSmith someday,but---I AM worried about bucks,because I have a family to support!Whut can I say?I also have my eye on the Squire Stagemaster Deluxe model,which is a really lean,mean guitar-and at a decent price.And for the record,Mettallica sports ESP's,which is a great guitar(but also on the high end$$).Good Luck in finding one that suits you(just remember-price isn't everything--A good guitarist can make a rag sound great,just look at Willie Nelson's acoustic--to hear him play you'd never guess there was a hole worn in it where the pick gaurd should be.)
p.s.--check out 'MusiciansFriend.com',they have great buys on really top stuff.CYA

Musican's Friend does have good prices but American Music Supply beat them. LP Classic, $1399.
: : what is the one true guitar in the world? the one true colour? cause i want the one true guitar no matter how much it costs and dont answer this bob the nob cause you aint got one sperm on your tiny little dick!!!!

: The one true guitar in the world is the one that can make a sound even when you fuck up.I have a few guitars,and the one I love to play the most is the ugliest ,heaviest one you could ever lay eyes on.I will be honest with you,it's not how much you spend,it's the sound that counts.There's alot of guitars out there that don't cost a fortune,but are fantastic instruments.Go to a music store and try a few out,try different necks and body wood,and when you find one you feel close to,don't buy it!Get it from Musician'sFriend...they seem to have the best prices.!

: what is the one true guitar in the world? the one true colour? cause i want the one true guitar no matter how much it costs and dont answer this bob the nob cause you aint got one sperm on your tiny little dick!!!!

I don't think there is one true guitar, colour etc. I've seen people pickup a beatup piece of sh-t, covered in stickers, mud and roach burns and make it sound great. Any guitar can be the one true guitar, depends on your likes.

regards

the staiway to heaven tablature on the elctric guitar who has it wha is it called email me

i wantto know the tablature for the staitway to heaven on the electric guitar and i have kazaa which is like napster and i got2 sth sog and i wanna know the electric part because i can play the acousticpart i think that he does it in concert i wanna know emial me

Re: the staiway to heaven tablature on the elctric guitar who has it wha is it called email me

: i wantto know the tablature for the staitway to heaven on the electric guitar and i have kazaa which is like napster and i got2 sth sog and i wanna know the electric part because i can play the acousticpart i think that he does it in concert i wanna know emial me

My friend,how old are you?I think you should first learn how to spell before you worry about how to play the song.No offence,but you should really consider this,ok?

stairway to heaven elecric guitar this i my email so tell me if you know what the song is called

i need to know the sth song onthe electric guitar cuz i have a napster type thing and ineed to know what the song is and where i get tanature for the non acousti one email me at ferrari271@aol.com

Simon & Patrick guitars

Does anyone know anything about the price range of the Simon & Patrick guitars? I've seen them on the internet listed at around $500. But that is the Canadian price. They can be purchased in America, but everywhere I've surfed they do not have a listed price. Can anyone help?

Re: Simon & Patrick guitars

I was told by the personnal at walter's music(london ON) when I bought my norman that, it will sell for the same price in the us as it does canada they also told me that seaguls are the same. That is why they don't put their prices on there websites. I'm not 100% sure about simon & patricks', but they are made in the same town as Norman and seaguls' are(La patrie & princeville Quebec) so I'm pretty sure it carrries the same market value

: Does anyone know anything about the price range of the Simon & Patrick guitars? I've seen them on the internet listed at around $500. But that is the Canadian price. They can be purchased in America, but everywhere I've surfed they do not have a listed price. Can anyone help?

Saide Music in my home town sells them and the starting retail price is $389.00, I know you can talk them down to about $319.00 because I am quite interested in the guitar line myself butI have seen them as high as 699

: Does anyone know anything about the price range of the Simon & Patrick guitars? I've seen them on the internet listed at around $500. But that is the Canadian price. They can be purchased in America, but everywhere I've surfed they do not have a listed price. Can anyone help?

: Saide Music in my home town sells them and the starting retail price is $389.00, I know you can talk them down to about $319.00 because I am quite interested in the guitar line myself butI have seen them as high as 699
could you give me the email of saide gutars ! lpease

:
: : Does anyone know anything about the price range of the Simon & Patrick guitars? I've seen them on the internet listed at around $500. But that is the Canadian price. They can be purchased in America, but everywhere I've surfed they do not have a listed price. Can anyone help?

price in Belgium for S&P6 spruce top

I payed 558 €uro in Europe, Belgium for a (fantastic) Simon & Patrick spruce top folk guitar. Its finish is natural so the instrument sounds soooo great. It also looks very beautiful and the quality is comparable with Gibsons and Martins, only they triple the price. Really, I've heard Gibsons sound worse than this beauty and over here they start at 1200 €uro. That's the cheapest Gibson! And that one can not compeat with this jewel of an instrument your request is about. The sound is fabulous and for its price almost unbelievable. Gobin (the biggest guitar manufacturer in Canada, of which Simon & Patrick is a division) really deserves a congratulation for making a great guitar that doesn't ruin your bank account!

Job Opportunity

Wild West Guitars is currently seeking to fill a middle management postion in sales.
If you are:
In the Southern California area
Are knowledgeable in guitars
Have a background in sales
Can navigate the internet. ..
. . .then we want to talk to you!
Send qualifications to xtine_wcp@yahoo.com for consideration.

Pelal Boss ME-6

I Need of Datasheet this pedal !!! Please

Re: Pelal Boss ME-6

I have a Boss ME-6

notes

hello i'm play on the guitar and ineed for notes etude
for ferrnando sor or anther

site administrater. if you remove this then you are crap

have you not got a sense of humor ?

Re: site administrater. if you remove this then you are crap

Bob, I actually enjoy your sense of humor in mild doses. Not all others do. It's not a case of whether you are funny or not, but whether what you say has any relevance and suits the tone of this discussion forum. Kids visit this page, after all.

I am crap...
GMASTER

: have you not got a sense of humor ?

THIS IS FROM A NONE SWEARY BOB -- THIS SITE IS NOT AS GOOD AS IT COULD BE! ! !

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.]

I am now getting very politically correct in my old age so now we are not allowed to say words like C**P anymore and must use something more suitabe instead. I understand that kids use this site aswell (I don't know why cos they won't be able to play very well) but I suppose this is up to them - even if they are NOT VERY GOOD. I always like to keep the peace and not aggrevate people so I must go along with this - even though I think it's CRAP! ! !

Re: THIS IS FROM A NONE SWEARY BOB -- THIS SITE IS NOT AS GOOD AS IT COULD BE! ! !

: I am now getting very politically correct in my old age so now we are not allowed to say words like C**P anymore and must use something more suitabe instead. I understand that kids use this site aswell (I don't know why cos they won't be able to play very well) but I suppose this is up to them - even if they are NOT VERY GOOD. I always like to keep the peace and not aggrevate people so I must go along with this - even though I think it's CRAP! ! !

SO IS YOUR ATTITUDE!!!!!!! ARE YOU THAT INSECURE THAT YOU HAVE TO GET ON A SITE LIKE THIS AND SHOW YOUR ASS? I BET YOU WHERE THE KID IN SCHOOL THAT GOT HIS LUNCH $ TAKEN AND THEN STUFFED IN A LOCKER. SO YOU GET ON THE NET AND ACT LIKE BILLY (OR BOBBY) BAD ASS. I'VE SEEN YOUR OTHER POSTINGS AND I THINK YOU SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON DOING SOMETHING MORE CONSTRUCTIVE, LIKEIETHER PLAYING YOUR GUITAR OR GIVING DECENT ADVISE TO OTHERS. OR ARE YOU A POSSER YOU JUST HAS A BIG MOUTH??

output

I just bought a emg 81 pickup but the output jack won't fit in my guitar because the body of the guitar is too long for it to reach. what should i do?

Re: output

Replace the jack, jack.

Re: output

plug it in???

Transfer Sounds from Roland GP-8 to BOSS GT-3....

I have had a Roland GP-8 for many years now, and I have become accustomed to the sounds that I get from it. Does anyone know a resource for getting the same sounds from a GT-3? The GT-3 has analog distortions, so I should be able to get it to sound the same as the GP-8. There is only one distortion on the GP-8, does anyone know what distortion that is in the GT-3? I also love the Dynamic Filter on the GP-8, how can I replicate that with the Auto Wah?

GT-3 Noise Reduction - Whats up?

GT-3 Noise Reduction - Whats up?

This popular thread has been given its own page : GT-3 Noise Reduction - Whats up?

Wylde tabs

where can I find ZAKK WYLDE tabs???

Re: Wylde tabs

: where can I find ZAKK WYLDE tabs???

Re: Wylde tabs

I'm not sure where you can find them, but if it helps, I know most Black Label Society stuff is played in either dropped C or B tuning because I can play alot of it on my seven-string with it tuned normal except my low E is in D. Good luck.

schematic/marshall bass amp model#3510

I need help finding a schematic for model#3510. I need to do some repair work and need any help I can get.

Re: schematic/swr bass amp model super :redhead bass

: I need help finding a schematic for SWR super redhead bass. I need to do some repair work and need any help I can get.

Re: schematic/swr bass amp model super :redhead bass sm400

: : I need help finding a schematic for SWR sm400 bass. I need to do some repair work and need any help I can get.

Re: schematic/marshall bass amp model#3510

: I need help finding a schematic for model#3510. I need to do some repair work and need any help I can get.
I have pre-amp and pa amp schematics. contact me

Sg help

I recently bought an Sg body and neck off ebay, and it only came with one strap button, if anyone has an idea as to where the other strap knob would go, and I also need help finding a back plate.

Re: Sg help

Well you have a couple choices, but generally they put one at the bottom of the body...where a trapeze tailpiece or a Bigsby would attach, and the other one in the center of the heel of the neck (right where it joins the body).

: I recently bought an Sg body and neck off ebay, and it only came with one strap button, if anyone has an idea as to where the other strap knob would go, and I also need help finding a back plate.

Re: Sg help

i also need help with finding where the other strap button will go :(

bc rich/ ibanez wich one would you choose mettalicatlife?

so wich one would you choose???

Re: bc rich/ ibanez wich one would you choose mettalicatlife?

I have both some B.C.Riches and some Ibanez's. They are both really heavy sounding naturally, but as I swear by it on this message board, I'd always go with the B.C.Rich first.

i think im goin with the bc rich i tried it and it was great thanks for the help walter,ben.

If you get a Japan made Ibanez or a USA made Ibanez/ Might as well be a jackson/ guitar thay rock..Remember BC Rich has a Japan made model too "NJ-for-> Nagasaki Japan". NOT NEW JEARSEY.. Good guitars. The all mighty god of guitars is the Hand made USA BC Rich.. Thats just my opinion.. The BC's have a bit thicker neck on the usa's. Comparable to and somtimes much better than custom shop gibsons. Go for the BC.

Tough choice, they are both very good makes of guitar. I think I would choose the Ibanez, because of there amazing sound especialy when played through heavy metal distortion. Ibanez really kicks ass, but that's just my opinion. Choose what you think you will be happy with.

Acoustic guitar players

Looking for some new acoustic artists with cds... & any acoustic guitar chat rooms etc..

Re: Acoustic guitar players

I have two CD's of solo acoustic guitar music that you can check out online at www.mp3.com/jimgraham. I visit some groups at yahoo, fingerstyle-l and acoustic guitar, plus there are some newsgroups you may want to see, re.music.makers.guitar.acoustic, I don't have direct URLs but if you do a bit of search engine sleuthing you should be able to find them, if not, send me an e-mail. There are some links from my mp3 page to free online lessons and score as well,

Jim in Canada

: Looking for some new acoustic artists with cds... & any acoustic guitar chat rooms etc..

Re: Acoustic guitar players

Try theese guys
Poul Brady
Richard Shindell

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.