Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Gibson SG tone control

Got an '72 sg from a pawn shop. Sounds great thru my POD. The tone controls seem to work only from about 0 to 4. anything above that seems to be about the same brightness. Bad pots? I think they are 500k and the caps are .022uf. Any hints? Nature of the beast?

BC Rich

Do you recommend a BC Rich BGBL electric for a beginner? I can get it for $100 brand new.

Re: BC Rich

: Do you recommend a BC Rich BGBL electric for a beginner? I can get it for $100 brand new.

yeah i luv my bc rich i got a beast platinum series it rocks!!!so definately and for a $100 thats even better dude!!!

Yeah man, Go with it! B.C.Rich rules! I have an outlaw and a warlock, they are my best guitars!

: Do you recommend a BC Rich BGBL electric for a beginner? I can get it for $100 brand new.

MAKE DAMM SURE IT WORKS BEFORE YOU HAND OVER THE CASH.

really is it in good condition and would u be willing to trade guitars or would i have to pay

really is it in good condition and would u be willing to trade guitars or would i have to pay

This is nick

Hey if this is dino this is nick who just came over with linda and stevie if this is you email me and watthe hell is your website call dammit!

: Do you recommend a BC Rich BGBL electric for a beginner? NO I THINK THAT THE B.C RICH SHOULDN'T BE USED FOR BEGINERS BECAUSE OF THE WEIGHT I MEAN IF THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE WANTING TO PLAY LIKE A MORE METAL RIFF THEN GO FOR IT IF YOU THINK YOU CAN HANDLE IT BUT FOR ME IT WASN'T MY BEST CHOICE WHEN I FIRST STARTED I WAS PLAYING A WARLOCK BRONZE IT SUCKED I MEAN I LIKED IT BUT I HATE IT NOW I WISH I WOULDV'E GOT AN EPHIPHONE OR A FENDER START OR AT LEAST IBANEZ THEY SOUND THE WAY I LIKE NOT B.C. RICH THOUGH SO I VOTE NO UNLESS IT IS THE RIGHT SOUND FOR YOU...

I'm still searching for a BC Rich Platinum Series guitar. Do you know where I could get one? Please write me back...fixxxer@ptd.net Thanks, Dave

TALKBOX!!!

For anyone who has one (mine's in the mail) is it really neccessary to mic the sound comming out of your mouth if your jus' playin around with it at home? I know you need to w/ a band behind you. I can't wait till mine get's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trace Elliot guitar amp?

Hey does any body know any info on a Trace Elliot guitar amp speed twin H100? It's a 100 watt tube head all the usual stuff.

Thanks

im thinking of buying the bc rich gj series mocking bird?

what do ya think?

Re: im thinking of buying the bc rich gj series mocking bird?

B.C. Rich guitar's are great if you want to play heavy metal stuff. A word of warning though, don't get a guitar with a tremelo bridge if you want to change tunings or string gauges often (I learned this the hard way). Other good guitars would be Ibanez-SC (I own this one. Extremly good guitar with a fixed bridge.), Jackson guitars, or ESPguitars.

steve vai's "Formula 1" Tab

Could anyone tell me where can I get the "Formula 1" tab played by steve vai & Joe satriani? It sounds f**king good. Thanks

Re: steve vai's "Formula 1" Tab

: Could anyone tell me where can I get the "Formula 1" tab played by steve vai & Joe satriani? It sounds f**king good. Thanks

Hi i'm italian and listening the song:Formula 1 I can say that it's played by other guitarist because it's not Steve Vai's style....It's a kind of fusion!!Cya

Re: steve vai's "Formujhkghijkghjkfzghjkghgla 1" Tab

: : Could anyone tell me where can I get the "Formula 1" tab played by,ghjkghujk sjkteve gh& Joe satriani? It sounds f**king good. Thghjhjkhgjkhgjkankskghjk
hjkghjkghjkghjkghjkghjkghjkghjkghjktuhjkghujkhgjkhgjkfhgjkhgjkhgjkghjkhgjkghjk
: Hi i'm italian and listening the song:Formula 1 I can say that it's played by other guitarist because it's not Steve Vai's style....It's a kind of fusion!!Cya

BR-8 Recording With a Mic doesn't work

I just got a BR-8. It is a great machine. However, when I try to use a Mic in the MIC1 Jack, I get no signal. The Mic works fine in the Guitar and MIC2 Jacks but not Mic 1. Any Ideas?

PHOTO GIBSON's sonex

IS POSSIBLE GIVE me A PHOTO OF GIBSON SONEX

Re: PHOTO GIBSON's sonex

go on the gibson site at www.gibson.com and find it under products!

Hamer Scarab Question.

Have any of you had experience with a Hamer Scarab guitar? I was looking into one cause they look cool and I was told that hamer makes good equipment. I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about hamers.

-Ben

Re: Hamer Scarab Question.

Ben,

I own four Hamers. They are the best guitars in my colllection. I have never played a Scarab but Hamer is the only bramd of guitar that I would buy sight unseen. I have purchased two from eBay without actually playing or seeing them and they are incredible. Go For It!

Re: Hamer Scarab

: anyone interested in a hamer scarab guitar with a kahler system can email at johnnyguitar4@msn.com

Information about a guitar.

Information about a guitar.

This popular thread has been given its own page : Information about a guitar.

CHILL OUT

[The body of this post has been lost]

Re: CHILL OUT

HOW BOUT' THOSE DETAILS BOBBY BOY. I'DE LOVE TO HAVE AN ADDRESS ON YOUR SORRY ASS. OR DOES YOUR BOYFRIEND {NEIL} NOT ALLOW YOU TO GIVE IT OUT.

Esp Ltd F-200 (colors)

Which color is the coolest for the Esp Ltd F-200, Gunmetal blue or Black ?????

Re: Esp Ltd F-200 (colors)

: Which color is the coolest for the Esp Ltd F-200, Gunmetal blue or Black or titanium?????

SELLING - Fender STARCASTER, 1976, all orig.

SELLING - Fender STARCASTER, 1976, all orig.

This popular thread has been given its own page : SELLING - Fender STARCASTER, 1976, all orig.

why not used guitars?

Hello everyone, I love the guitar in particular its electric form and I have two questions. First, I don't know where to start really. I don't have enough money or time to sign up for day time guitar lessons. Sencondly, from what I have gathered, it's not a good idea to try to learn how to play a guitar on a used piece. Is this true and if so why?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: why not used guitars?

You may start learning by yourself, using books, info from the web, advices from a friend or somebody, but soon you'll reach a point in which you'll need an instructor. I recommend you try to find one, but take it easy and keep on moving while you can.
About used guitars, they're not a problem if the guitar is in good conditions; if you buy one, make sure that it's good. Get some advice before buying.
Sorry for my bad english, hope you'll understand and good luck.

Best lessons! (Live on the net!)

The best guitarlessons for beginners to advanced players!
Are availible here:
http://guitarmania.digevent.com
They are sending live every friday!
They also have a archive with tons of lessons!!
=)

What pickups would be good for metal (Slipknot, Mudvayne).

I want real heavy sounding pickups for my Ibanez-SC. Something that might sound anything like Slipknot or Mudvayne would be great. I'm thinking about getting a set of EMG-85's. Would these work why, why not.

Re: What pickups would be good for metal (Slipknot, Mudvayne).

the EMG-85 is great for really hevy sounding but if you try and go back to light sounding songs (blink 182 e.t.c) it will suck

Hi there!!
I´ve got a Yamaha rgx Drop 6 and I change both pickups and I put two EMG 81 and it sounds more brutal than the EMG 85. 85´s is for music like slayer, for example... for brutal death metal put two emg 81 and start to suffer. Hail from south of Europe!!! Stay sick !!

TAKE YOUR MUDVAYNE&SLIPKNOT CDS AND BREAK THEM. OPEN YOURSELF TO STEELY DAN,CREAM,TOY CALDWELL,ALLMAN BROS.,BRIAN WILSON['PET SOUNDS'AND AFTER]FOR ABOUT 6 MOS.,AND SEE HOW YOU FEEL.

This is a reply to JOSH KUHN VOCALS\GUITAR FOR 'WHITE HOUSE's posting.
Just because I want pickups to play metal, doesn't mean I don't like other types of music, it's just what I play with my band. I play and listen to other things. I like just about everything, rock, jazz, blues, early rock, metal is only one of my likes. Despite what you may think I have open ears and an open mind.

Hell No! Slipknot and Mudvayne are the GREATEST BANDS EVER!

FOR F##K SAKE: I SERIOUSLY HATE PEOPLE WHO THINK THEIR MUSICAL TASTE IS WHAT EVERYONE IN THE WORLD IS MEANT TO LIKE!!! OH WELL, LET EM DIE ALONE, AT LEAT THEY MADE THEIR POINT!

DiMarzio's or SEmoyer Duncan, distortion. But only use one,on one guitar or it will sound like shits.

Mick from slipknot (arses copying machine head who were crap in the first place) uses EMG's and says he wouldn't play a guitar without them.
Hope this helps.

Get an EMG Zack Wylde set, which is two humbuckers.

An EMG 81 for the bridge pickup and an EMG 85 for the neck pickuo. You can get almost any sound you want out of this set, and the EMG 81 is great for heavy ass metal shit. I believe this set is what the Mudvayne guitarist uses on his Les Paul.

EMG-81 was the greatest piece of equipment i have added to my iceman (ibanez). go for it.

EMG-81 was the greatest piece of equipment i have added to my iceman (ibanez). go for it.

doe any one what type of les paul does the guitarist from madvayne use plz reply

Vintage Ovation 12 String

I want to find out what my Ovation 12 string is worth. I was told it was made in the 70's. I want to know if if there is a website that can tell me the year & model of my guitar by the model no. &/or serial no.

ultrasonic pickups.

Could anybody tell me roughly how many different type HB's were made and where I can find some?

much thanx.

super 510 series machine tuners

anyone know who manufactures the 'super 510 series' machine tuners used on acoustic guitars.
thanks in advance.

Re: super 510 series machine tuners

: anyone know who manufactures the 'super 510 series' machine tuners used on acoustic guitars.
: thanks in advance.

Gotoh makes these tuners. I have a set I installed on my Martin OM21

Karaoke for Guitars ? Help !!!!!!!!

Help !!!!!!
Does anyone know a dealer or a internet-page, where i can find mp3's with only backround-music, so that i can play insteed of the original guitar ?
(as you may sing to backround-music insteed of the original singer)
Please answer

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.