Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: AX100 G Korg

: I was just wondering about the related software.

I don't know about the software, but I just got one and I really like it. I didn't get a book with mine though, and I am trying to figure it out. Any tips?

Re: AX100 G Korg

go to the effect you want to edit press the MOD button and then press it again to turn it off. do the same with all the buttons down the right hand side. push the drive amp button ONCE and turn the knob on the top left the one with acoustic and all that shit on it. tunn that untill you get the type of sound you want e.g. clean/heavy dist. then push the mod button again and turn the gain knob to select the type of effect you want do this with all the buttons down the right hand side when your done and your sounding great press the write button twice to save it .
oh and only turn off the MOD PEDAL AMB and CABI. the NR LEV is for re naming the effects.

7-string chords

7-string chords

This popular thread has been given its own page : 7-string chords

Eddie Van Halens JUMP: Tabulator wanted

Hi everyone,
I'd like to play VAN HALENS Guitar-Solo of the song 'JUMP'. Is there anyone who can send me a good tab-transciption?
Thanks
Nikhil

Re: Eddie Van Halens JUMP: Tabulator wanted

I'd like that too. wclarka@earthlink.net

: Hi everyone,
: I'd like to play VAN HALENS Guitar-Solo of the song 'JUMP'. Is there anyone who can send me a good tab-transciption?
: Thanks
: Anton

: Hi everyone,
: I'd like to play VAN HALENS Guitar-Solo of the song 'JUMP'. Is there anyone who can send me a good tab-transciption?
: Thanks
: Nikhil
i could

IRON MAIDEN´S GUITAR -SIGNED- BY ALL THE BAND -FOR SALE-

IRON MAIDEN´S GUITAR -SIGNED- BY ALL THE BAND -FOR SALE-
THE GUITAR: IBANEZ -steve vai- JEM 555 BK
http://www.novomilenio.com/ironguitar

Re: IRON MAIDEN´S GUITAR -SIGNED- BY ALL THE BAND -FOR SALE-

do you want to overcharge someone you greedy little man. those guitars are crap, like your attitude.

AS80R Auxiliary Channel problem

I've yust bought an AS80R, second hand. The auxiliary/magnetic channel, when plugged in, produces a constant noise. Does anyone had similar problem, or a circuit diagram of that channel?
Regards: Attila

Re: AS80R Auxiliary Channel problem

mine does too. i've had it since new and can only mic it. the di's are awful. it's been in the shop a bit, but i think this is a design issue. do you want to sell yours? i could use a spare.
collier
: I've yust bought an AS80R, second hand. The auxiliary/magnetic channel, when plugged in, produces a constant noise. Does anyone had similar problem, or a circuit diagram of that channel?
: Regards: Attila

Personalized guitar straps is a great christmas gift idea

A PERSONALIZED GUITAR STRAP a unique gift for any guitar player. With Christmas coming. this is the perfect gift. Look up GUITARGIFTS4U.COM You won't be sorry.

warren cucurrullo

Does anyone outta there knows where can i get some info about the guitars used by Warren Cucurrullo by the Missing Persons era?

Re: warren cucurrullo

<a href="http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/943/">http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/943/</a>

: Does anyone outta there knows where can i get some info about the guitars used by Warren Cucurrullo by the Missing Persons era?

Re: warren cucurrullo

he used steinberg headless guitars in missing persons and duran songs actually those guitars were his trade mark.
they don`t make these guitars anymore luckily i have one !!

les paul deluxe mini pickups and P-90s.

I was looking at the size of the spacers that are around the mini humbuckers on my les paul deluxe and I noticed the the size of the pickup and spacer was close to that of a P-90 pickup.

Could you remove the mini pickups and install a set of P-90 without any modifications?

I would really appreciate any info that anyone has. I bought the guitar because I thought that it would be a bit meatier that my LP Jr, but I am a but dissapointed in the sound of those Minis.

Re: les paul deluxe mini pickups and P-90s.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing, except I have P90's and was wondering if a mini-humbucker would fit in without modifications...

me too, I want to switch out the p-90's for mini's. they look very similar in size. just a wiring concern i would think, but im guessing

The mini humbuckers and P90's are interchangable. Just a wiring job. I like the mini humbuckers better, but also used the P90's on the same guitar.

BTW Is there any difference between '68/'69 Gibson mini-humbuckers and later editions (i.e.: late 70s or the new ones)
Thanks
Max

I just bought some mini humbuckings from a '69 deluxe to put in a Les Paul with P90's and can't figure out how they mount to the body. Is there a bracket they attach to? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

In reply to your question agiomi, is if you remove your p90's, you should find a baseplate screwed to the guitar with 4 holes in it. This was fitted as original and you will find that the screws on the minis will screw straight on to the outer holes. I modified p90's to mini humbuckers years ago using original Gibson parts and the baseplate supplied was as described. If I can help further, let me know :)

long time no see,just a short question..

what would be the best mix of guitars and why i wanna know!!!!

Re: long time no see,just a short question..

Hmm.Mix of guitars?? For recording? Strat.,Paul,Tele,
Gretch,Rickenbacker??

Re: long time no see,just a short question..

why do you want to know ? people should play what they have and stop asking stupid questions. You are obviously crap!!!!.But if you really want to know, its a hondo strat and an antoria les paul, both of which are better than the originals, cos they are crap too, like you. love Bob

Dead Clown

My drummer just gave me an Epiphone gibson Acoustic guitar. Everything seems to be in good shape, all but the high E. When it's in tune, it's out of tune on the 4th fret. and i think it gets even more out of tune as you move down the frets 4,5,6,7... But it always says open E is in tune. Should I replace the string?Could that be the problem?

Re: Dead Clown

Sounds like an intonation problem. The fact that it's an accoustic means it needs professional help.

Re: Dead Clown

your web site can kiss my motha fuckin ass its ass gay as it can get dont keep it up

Floor boards/boxes

Does anyone know of any company that sells professional floor boards/boxes for effects pedals?

epiphone les paul 56 gold top

i was wondering if anyonenew anything about this guitar and if you own one how is it? cause i'm thinkin about buying one but i'd like someon elses opinion about it. steven jenkins from third eye blind loves it

thanks
nate

Re: epiphone les paul 56 gold top

: i was wondering if anyonenew anything about this guitar and if you own one how is it? cause i'm thinkin about buying one but i'd like someon elses opinion about it. steven jenkins from third eye blind loves it

: thanks
: nate

10-21-2001
Nate :

Just got your post today !
Thus guitar is first class ..fit & finish are great and overall quality is outstanding. The guitar is made in Korea in case you were not aware ...Korea is by far the finest quality of product manufactured in the orient!
I have myself used factories in Hong Kong ,China , Macau and Korea ...Korea is the best ...detail and workmanship id super much better than United States by far! US labor is overated in the year 2000 the only reason Fenders made in US are ok is they are made by Mexican workers who in fact have first class hand eye movements as well as artistic prowess. That can also be said of Korea as well very good detail work and high level of craftmanship. I also would guess that a Gibson made in US and one made in Korea with the SAME materials would be the Korean guitar would be the better of the two!
As far as the guitar itself the weight is great 7.5 lbs the p/ups are fine and the neck is great! Buy one today and you will be impressed !!!!!!!!!!

regards James

Re: epiphone les paul 56 gold top

: i was wondering if anyonenew anything about this guitar and if you own one how is it? cause i'm thinkin about buying one but i'd like someon elses opinion about it. steven jenkins from third eye blind loves it

: thanks
: nate

10-21-2001
Nate :

Just got your post today !
This guitar is first class ..fit & finish are great and overall quality is outstanding. The guitar is made in Korea in case you were not aware ...Korea is by far the finest quality of product manufactured in the orient!
I have myself used factories in Hong Kong ,China , Macau and Korea ...Korea is the best ...detail and workmanship is super, much better than United States by far! US labor is overated in the year 2000 the only reason Fender's made in US are ok is they are made by Mexican workers who in fact have first class hand eye movements as well as artistic prowess. That can also be said of Korea as well very good detail work and high level of craftmanship. I also would guess that a Gibson made in US and one made in Korea with the SAME materials the result would be the Korean guitar would be the better of the two!
As far as the guitar itself the weight is great 7.5 lbs the p/ups are fine and the neck is great! Buy one today and you will be impressed !!!!!!!!!!

Regards James

Humbuckers vs P90's on Goldtop LP Historic

Got my heart set on an LP Goldtop Historic but can't make up my mind between the 56 with P90's or the '57 with buckers. Tried both out, but cant afford 2. Any opinions. I play blues, rock but nothing really heavy

Re: Humbuckers vs P90's on Goldtop LP Historic

Hmm.In your case,for a lighter sound,you migth go with the P90's.Me,personally,I'd go double Humbucker + push-pull coil splitters.Better to have it and not need it. Than to need it and not have it.That's just me.
Good Luck

Re: Humbuckers vs P90's on Goldtop LP Historic

: Hmm.In your case,for a lighter sound,you migth go with the P90's.Me,personally,I'd go double Humbucker + push-pull coil splitters.Better to have it and not need it. Than to need it and not have it.That's just me.
: Good Luck

There's a vast difference between P-90's and PAF although when fitted to an original or Historic Les Paul you still get an axe that sounds as it should! It still sounds like a Les Paul.
To me a PAF sounds sort of muted compared to a soapbar even though when cranked through a Marshall it can still scream.
There's somthing about a P-90 that gets my gonads a dribblin', just listen to anythang that Neil Young plays using Ol' Black and you'll know what I mean.

Ibanez RG series electric guitar

I have an Ibanez RG series electric guitar comes with a leather fender strap and wammybar.In really good condition.It has 2 double pickups I will even throw in a 16' long cord.I'm asking $200

Re: Ibanez RG series electric guitar

where are you located?

Springs.

I love doing floyd work, but my trem system seems a bit stiff. I use 9 gauge strings and in the back there are 3 springs...if I take one out will it make the trem easier to manipulate? I want the trem to bend down and up effortlessly...what can I do?

Re: Springs.

You can take a spring out but you'll have to compensate by tightening down the remaining springs.
If you can't get the trem to sit level with only two springs then you'll have to put the third spring back in.
Be warned however, this isn't an exact science and it's gonna take some time.
Another drawback is having the rest of the strings go out of tune when you do extreme bends ( which is the reason mine has 3 again). Good Luck

Satriani players

Does anyone here play Joe Satriani music? email me if you do
georgibreeze@aol.com
PS i say hi to all my friends- Andrew, Emma, edd Mark and Jo!

i have the complete tabs for power cosmic and flying in a blue dream

: Does anyone here play Joe Satriani music? email me if you do
: georgibreeze@aol.com
: PS i say hi to all my friends- Andrew, Emma, edd Mark and Jo!

I need your help

i am writing to tell you that are the best in all the world . i hope that i could learn how to play guitar especilly from you.my mail p.o.box 82799 Alzawia St. Tripoli - Libya Thank you sir Please help me

joe satriani

he is crap

Re: joe satriani

Bob,

That's a lame cry for help. Get a new idea or a new joke or something.

: he is crap

If you (Bob) know anything you'd know that hammet is amazinly crap! The solo over sandman is totally wrong if you sit down and think about it diatonicly. I agree though we are all crap compared to the lord vai who in turn is in subjection to YNGWIE .

well, if Joe is crap, so is vai and hammet.
And you are the best, aren't you????

he..he..don't you have something else to shit?????

you dont half bite 'o' crap person. you are right, i am the best, and my grandmother is better on the guitar than you. love Bob

OK, from now on I'll make you my new Idol.
and please send my regards to your grandma that last night was the best night in my life.
hey maybe, i'm your next grandpa.

angus

: you dont half bite 'o' crap person. you are right, i am the best, and my grandmother is better on the guitar than you. love Bob

: OK, from now on I'll make you my new Idol.
: and please send my regards to your grandma that last night was the best night in my life.
: hey maybe, i'm your next grandpa.

: angus

: : you dont half bite 'o' crap person. you are right, i am the best, and my grandmother is better on the guitar than you. love Bob

Bob...you eat shit...and so does your Grandmother. which reminds me,tell her I'll go easy next time, SO AS NOT TO MAKE HER CRY WHEN WE DO THE NASTY.Ha Ha......If you were to ever attemp to play one of Joes songs, i'd probably beat your ass into the ground with your guitar so you would never pollute the earth with your feeble guitar playing ever again....P.S.-tell granny to stop moaning when she fucks, she sounds like a dying cow!!!P.P.S-YOU CAN EAT MY ASS WITH A SPOON BOB!!!!!!!

Re: Bob the big Shit eating, dog raping, whore bag!

: you dont half bite 'o' crap person. you are right, i am the best, and my grandmother is better on the guitar than you. love Bob

Bob....if you could pull off on of joe's riffs i'de be amazed.But you can't even pull off yourself. the only reason you say that your grandmother can play better than joe, is because she can play your jolly rancher better than you can.....You can eat my ass with a spoon Bob.......shit face.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.