Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

This will nauseat you, don't read the above msg

Yeah pyramid schemes ARE illegal in the USA.
This place is for guitarists only, keep out.

Re: THIS WILL AMAZE YOU PLEASE READ (robin is crap)

thisis a scam, and a bad one at that. he is obviously trying to raise money for guitar lessons so he can be as good as me, but he will never be as good as me.HE IS CRAP!!!

Get of this site!! If you really made so much money you wouldn't be posting this crap on this site!

How old is my Yamaha SBG200????

I've just recently purchased this guitar... its a pearl white yamaha sbg200, in almost mint condition. I haven't been able to find out a year for the guitar but have heard that it was made from the late 70's to the early 80's... Can anyone give me a definite year????

Re: How old is my Yamaha SBG200????

: I've just recently purchased this guitar... its a pearl white yamaha sbg200, in almost mint condition. I haven't been able to find out a year for the guitar but have heard that it was made from the late 70's to the early 80's... Can anyone give me a definite year????

all you have to do is call yamaha company in ca. you can get the phone# from 800 derrectory good luck ps I have one myself that I would take less than 1000.00 dallars for

help a brother out---new guitar bridge

i own a fender cyclone, it's body is like an old Mustang and kind of like a strat, so would it be possible to replace the crummy bridge with a tune-o-matic? im kinda new at this and im not sure what kind of bridge can go on what kind of guitar and stuff. if a tune-o-matic bridge cant go on it, what other kind of bridge do you recommend to keep it in tune and it will still fit on the guitar?

Re: help a brother out---new guitar bridge

hi, well i have to say that i dont own a cyclone, but i do know that it wont take a tuneomatic. why? well, a tuneomatic is just a bridge where as in your guitar it is a bridge and tailpiece. a strat bridge would probably fit but it would probably be the same... anything else i can think of would mean youd have to do work on the body, which you probably dont want to do. hope that helps a little... goodluck though!

block the trem on a jagstang? please help..

i want to "block the trem" on my jagstang- maybe it will help with some tuning problems.. but i dont know how to do it. does anyone know how or know where i can get info on how to do it?
-tim

jackson bass

i'm looking for any info on a jackson bolt on bass. it has a san dimas neck plate, number 1991 and a kahler tremelo. i would be grateful for any info.

Guitar Catalogs

I was wondering, does anyone know any sites where I can order some catalogs to get mail to me? I prefer Gibson, Yamaha, BC Rich, LTD, pretty much anything really. I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much. BMB

Email address: Nodnarboy@aol.com

Re: Guitar Catalogs

: I was wondering, does anyone know any sites where I can order some catalogs to get mail to me? I prefer Gibson, Yamaha, BC Rich, LTD, pretty much anything really. I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much. BMB

: Email address: Nodnarboy@aol.com

www.mucicsiansfriend.com www.americanmusical.com www.samash.com

:
: : I was wondering, does anyone know any sites where I can order some catalogs to get mail to me? I prefer Gibson, Yamaha, BC Rich, LTD, pretty much anything really. I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much. BMB

:

: :
: : : I was wondering, does anyone know any sites where I can order some catalogs to get mail to me? I prefer Gibson, Yamaha, BC Rich, LTD, pretty much anything really. I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much. BMB

: :

www.music123.com

: I was wondering, does anyone know any sites where I can order some catalogs to get mail to me? I prefer Gibson, Yamaha, BC Rich, LTD, pretty much anything really. I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much. CCB

: Email address: The_topher87@yahoo.com

: I was wondering, does anyone know any sites where I can order some catalogs to get mail to me? I prefer Gibson, Yamaha, BC Rich, LTD, pretty much anything really. I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much. BMB

please send me a catalog

: I was wondering, does anyone know any sites where I can order some catalogs to get mail to me? I prefer Gibson, Yamaha, IBANEZ, LTD, pretty much anything really. I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much. BMB

Im looking for a catalog for guitars and basses.
I prefer Gibson, Yamaha, IBANEZ, LTD, Fender, pretty much anything really. I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much.

Electric Guitar Catalogs

: I was wondering, does anyone know any sites where I can order some (free) catalogs to get mail to me? I prefer Gibson, Yamaha, BC Rich, LTD, pretty much anything really. I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much.
: Email address: crazo44@hotmail.com

Re: Electric Guitar Catalogs

ya sure
just go to www.musiciansfriend.com and request a full color catalog there your welcome!

: Email address: j_boy5_07@yahoo.com

: : I was wondering, does anyone know any sites where I can order some catalogs to get mail to me? I prefer Gibson, Yamaha, fender BC Rich, LTD, pretty much anything really. I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much. BMB

: : Email address: j_boy5_07@yahoo.com

The best site is rosseti.co.uk
It has Gibson, Epiphone and Rickenbacker catalogues to send to you

I would suggest visiting musiciansfriend.com, they have a great catalog.

Schecter PT Neck issue

An idiot friend of mine recommended I buy one of the new Schecter Diamond Series PT's, so idiot me did.
My problem is this: while the guitar sounds fine, the neck sucks ass. I also have a Fender Tele with an excellent neck, which leads me to my question:
If I buy a genuine Fender tele replacement neck, is it gonna fit the Schecter? And if not, is it possible to buy fender necks that aren't pre-drilled?

Thanx, Sam.

Cheap Gibsons - are they any good?

There are some cheap Gibson LPs ($500 or so) sold by Musicaiansfriend.com. Are they any good? What's the catch? I know you only get basic finishes and it looks like you don't get the curved body, but is that the only difference? Anybody have one?

Re: Cheap Gibsons - are they any good?

: There are some cheap Gibson LPs ($500 or so) sold by Musicaiansfriend.com. Are they any good? What's the catch? I know you only get basic finishes and it looks like you don't get the curved body, but is that the only difference? Anybody have one?

: : If you are talking about a LP JR or Special, or Studio, I would go for it.
: : There are some cheap Gibson LPs ($500 or so) sold by Musicaiansfriend.com. Are they any good? What's the catch? I know you only get basic finishes and it looks like you don't get the curved body, but is that the only difference? Anybody have one?

i got the gibon sg faded and its a great guitar i would reccomend it to annyone and i picked it up at a local shop for $550

Fuck all of you

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Les Paul Information?

Hi, I recently bought a Les Paul Standard but without an amplifier to plug it in. I'd apreciate any info about what do the 2volume,2tone & the 3-way switch do on the sound of this babe.

Re: Les Paul Information?

Hey,
I am a proud owner of a Les Paul, and I know a little about the buttons. The three way switch is your
pickup selector. When it is at the top, you are using the pickup at the neck. When it's at the
middle, it's using both pickups, and at the bottom, it's using the bridge pickup. I think the bottom
one says rythm or treble on the little plastic cover. Your knobs are lined up a certain way. The
two on top are your volume and treble for the neck pickup, and the bottom two are for the bridge
pickup. This really allows for a lot of tonal flexibility which is one of the many things that makes
Les Pauls cool. Hope this helps!

Martin D35

A friend of mine has a 1976 (he thinks) Martin D35
serial number 327692 that is in fairly good shape. He
would like to know what it might be worth if he were
to sell it.
Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you

Re: Martin D35

: A friend of mine has a 1976 (he thinks) Martin D35
: serial number 327692 that is in fairly good shape. He
: would like to know what it might be worth if he were
: to sell it.
: Any information would be appreciated.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's actually a 1973. Depending on it's condition, it'll be worth anywhere from $900 to $1500. It would have to be in mint condition to fetch $1500. If it has normal wear and tear, I'd put it closer to $1200. $900 or less if it's got many cracks, repairs, unoriginal parts etc.

: Thank you

Old Gibson

I have an old gibson elecgtric, hardbody, Les Paul, I have had it for 35 years, Its in perfect condition, in original case, How do I find out the value of it.

Re: Old Gibson

:
: I have an old gibson elecgtric, hardbody, Les Paul, I have had it for 35 years, Its in perfect condition, in original case, How do I find out the value of it.

Just send it over to me(I'll pay freight) and I'll evaluate it and send it back(maybe)

Re: Old Gibson

:
: I have an old gibson elecgtric, hardbody, Les Paul, I have had it for 35 years, Its in perfect condition, in original case, How do I find out the value of it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you have a photo and serial number you can send to me, I'll try and give you a reasonable guess. Also let me know what kind of condition it's in. Finish flaws, cracks on the neck, headstock, body, etc.

what do i have?

I recently baught a Framus accoustic guitar. I have been playing them
for years ( 20 ) and notic the Quality , but have not heard of them. It is a 12 string
and sounds great. I would like to no more about it and what it may be worth.
If you can help me then please write me when you have a chance. thanks and happy strummin guys!

seting intonation on a hamer guitar that has a floyed rose

if any one knows how to due that would you email me aycgilbertny@aol.com

Re: seting intonation on a hamer guitar that has a floyed rose

There's a set of special tools required to assist with this, and I believe it comes with shims as well. I have not had much experience with the Floyd type, but I think the tools come with full instructions for use.
Check with your local music shop. I'm also starting to post tips on my web site at:
http://members.home.net/wilkatguitars
Take note that your bridge saddle at the bottom plain E string should measure 25 1/2" (assuming that's the scale length you have) from the front of the nut. The other saddles will normally be pulled back from this
point to compensate, and your top wound E string will be the furthest from the nut, as it requires the most compensation. See my tips about tuning problems, for a good method of tuning that may help until you can get the
Floyd tools to correct the problem.

Sigma guitar

Is there any way to find out when a Sigma (Korea) was made? We have a D 35 Ser. no. 88095149. Any info on this instrument would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Re: Sigma guitar

www.cfmartin.com, just send them an e-mail

Rage Against The Machine Sound

I have the Metal Zone ,Boss,Mt-2, .Anyone know how to get a Rage sound out of it.

Re: Rage Against The Machine Sound

: I have the Metal Zone ,Boss,Mt-2, .Anyone know how to get a Rage sound out of it.

1>you need to be a good rapper
2>you must know two chords and be a crazy motherfucker

Rage Against The Machine Sound

I have the Metal Zone ,Boss,Mt-2, .Anyone know how to get a Rage sound out of it.

turn everything to full blast! hahaha
Tom Morello is cool, but I bet he'd tell you to make your own sound with it so that there can be more "noise making guitarists" out there. Thats all he does man; plays a a bunch of funk riffs with some wah, then totally goes nuts fuckin' with his whammy,strings,neck he just goes apeshit and does all the crazy shit in the book!

if you have a metal zone with the instruction booklet, look in the booklet for a "funk" or "fuzz" or "overdrive" Tom uses pretty basic FX man. he is the simple type of guitarist. the "couple of pedals, amp, and a guitar" type of player.

does Morello use a Metal Zone pedal? I had one and it was far to percussive on the lows and nasal on the mids...the mid sweep is painful at best.
just curious.

# D

Turn the distortion all the way down. The MT-2 is has a dual gain circuit, so you will still have tons of distortion even if the dist. knobb is all or most of the way down. All I can say about the equalization is that your gonna have to screw around with it. Keep your lows up to stay away from that thrash sound. I used to own a metal zone and I never liked the thrash sound that I got out of it. Thats me though. just screw around with it. Good luck. -Steve

I've got PODxt. How to get the guitar sound like Tom Morello's.
Also Cypress Hills' on "Amplified.

Gibson/Les Paul Junior #77602

trying to assess the value.....would appreciate any input.

Epiphone SG Korina for sale

i have a basically brand new epiphone SG korina that i'm selling with a hardshell case. i'm asking $400. please email for pics or any info

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.