Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Epiphone SG Korina for sale

: i have a basically brand new epiphone SG korina that i'm selling with a hardshell case. i'm asking $400. please email for pics or any info

I heard this was getting discontinued. So i want one. Also could you e-mail me a picture..

Thanx

send the pics. Would you take $310 w/ s/h for this axe. B/c I've gotten these for that price.

: i have a basically brand new epiphone SG korina that i'm selling with a hardshell case. i'm asking $400. please email for pics or any info

Could I see some pictures please. Thanks.

Jones

Strumming

Has anyone got any tips on strumming please. I can play a few tunes but they all seem a bit same same. I know this is a pretty basic question sorry.

Re: Strumming

Try not just holding on with your left (fretting) hand. Relax it occasionally (rhythmically) to muffle the sound momentarily. You can get a nice 'shuffle' when you get the hang of it.

converter box or plugs for amlifiers.

Could anyone tell me what's required to convert voltage from North American to North European voltage for an amp? I don't think the regular plug conveter will cut it. (I'm travelling to Holland with an amp.)

It would be good to know about, for example, if there's a "master" converter box, so I can travel anywhere with one less headache (also how much it might run). All responses are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Joel Fass

Re: converter box or plugs for amlifiers.

If the converter will handler the current load from your amp it should work fine. A converter designed to run a shaver will not cut it. The spec sheet that came with the amp should tell you the current draw or just get a converter that will supply at least the amount of current the fuse is set to draw. So if your amp is fused at ten amps your converter should be pretty close to that. You need to get one for the voltage that you are going to be plugging into. Differnet countries use different voltages and phasing. I don't think there is a universal converter

Re: converter box or plugs for amlifiers.

Some 'universal' converter box exist, with something like 20 outputs.
You should look in electronic stores or web sites. I saw some of them.
but I don't know if it works fine.
Take care, in Europe, voltage is higher than in usa.

seb

TENGO MUCHAS IDEAS Y PROYECTOS

NECESITO SUS IDEAS PARA COMPARARLAS CON LAS MIAS
Y REALIZAR UN PROYECTO NUEVO

Train tabs

If anyone has the tabs to Train's song "hopeless", could you please email me the link or the tab itself, my email is boarderm@aol.com...thank you!
jourdan

Re: Train tabs

Culd the send it to me too? i love that song!

check out this page... www.guitartabs.cc there is a small part for hopeless there.. know where any other good tabs for train are? i'm looking for let it roll....

I'm lookin for "lincoln Avenue"
Anyone know where it is?

: Culd the send it to me too? i love that song!

Help!!!

I am starting to learn to play the guitar, you could help me sending me tabs of train, goo goo dolls, aerosmith, u2, whatever you can......... thanks...

learning to play guitar??

hi, about to start learning guitar, what i want to know is is it easier to learn on an accoustic guitar or electric guitar, once u are ok on one, is it easier to then play on the other one also, if i want to get lesons from somone wwould it matter if i had an electric or accoustic guitar??? thanks

learning guitar

Hi!
It is actually better to learn on an acoustic, as you can master the basics and it is less complicated (no electronics etc) and you should learn to pick notes as you will need to be able to do this when you ge better. Electrics are easier to play as they have thinner necks and you can play more easier on the higher frets. If you start on acoustic you can then play electric more easily. You can have lessons for both or just one depending on what you want. Remember however that the acoustic is harder to play.I have lessons for acoustic and teach myself electric.

Desperately SeekingOld Guild P90 Dogear Pickup

Anyone with a lead on an old Guild P90 to help repair my main axe (1957 Guild CE100D)? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

T-bone

Re: Desperately SeekingOld Guild P90 Dogear Pickup

: Anyone with a lead on an old Guild P90 to help repair my main axe (1957 Guild CE100D)? Any help would be appreciated!

: Thanks,

: T-bone

Im looking for a pair of 'em too. Did you find yours???? Any suggestions of where I can find a pair?? I have a pair of 60's Rowe Dearmonds (NOS>>NEVER INSTALLED BEFORE) to trade or partially trade for a pair of Guild Franz P-90's.

I also have a 57 CE-100 but needs both pu's.....

Also...what exact type/color knobs and switch y=does your 57 have?? any info will be appreciated

Gary Puckett

Does anyone have tabs/chords to Gary Puckett & the Union Gap songs?

1970 framus no number

i have a problem, this guitar was stolen, i cant prove
to the insurance company what the guitar was worth...
i have never seen another one like...description
12 string gold hardware ivory inlays on fingerboard
mahogany body burled monkey wood top, i was told it
belonged to keith richards...couldnt prove it...i paid
500.00 for it in 1973 best action and sound i have every heard...im telling the insurance company its\
worth 2500. to 3000. anybody know about this guiatar

chord analysis

does anyone out there know of any macintosh software that can establish chords used from an audio input (cd,tape,or phono)
thanks
cheers
jr

algo de joaquin rodrigo?

Hola como vieron me llamo martin y toco la guitarra, admiro a pepe romero, y las composiciones de joaquin rodrigo, por consiguiente les queria preguntar si tienen a mano o conoces algun sitio que me pueda bajar partituras, o en formato Power tab de joaquin, o quien sabe, si ustedes tienen, como por ejemplo Invocacion y Danza.
desde ya muchas gracias, y les mando saludos colegas musicos.

Yo conozco una muy buena...

Al igual que tu, lo admiro y la vez toco guitarra (clasica) aunque mis preferencias tienden hacia la guitarra flamenca, como sea, en la siguiente pagina puedes encontrar lo que buscas en partituras (incluye el afamado concierto de aranjuez; los tres movimientos completos). Visitala y compruebalo: www.classicalguitar.nl

Simon&Patrick, Ibanez or Dean?

Hi,
I'm soon going to buy a new solid top, steel-stringed, 100% acoustic guitar. I will probably be choosing from either a Simon&Patrick, Ibanez or Dean for about $400 (I'm from sweden, prices may be different here). Do you have any recommendations? I play blues and folk, mostly with my fingers.
Right now the Simon&Patrick seems like the best one, since they are only making acoustic guitars they problably know what they're doing.

But please make some suggestions.

Re: Simon&Patrick, Ibanez or Dean?

I have a Simon and Patrick. It's a good guitar but I think I spent too much for it($400+). Good Japanese guitars like Takamine are a better value.

Re: Simon&Patrick, Ibanez or Dean?

: Hi,
I have a Seagull SM6 Gloss and S&P6 Cedar, both are excellent guitars made by Godin. Construction is of an high standard, and the deep rich sound generated by both guitars could be produced from a guitar with a much higher prices tag than $400.
The body of the Seagull are slightly smaller than the S&P which make holding a little more comfortable. Both are excellent no frills guitars which will only get better with age.

Lucille

People ... I'm thinking of buying a BB King Lucille - as of yet I have not tried one!

Could anybody who has uses a Lucille please let me know what it they are like.

I am playing rock and blues.

Many thanks Big G.

PS ... Would I be better buying a Les Paul - any comments would be welcome.

Re: Lucille

i got a epiphone bb.king lucille,

i play rock,jazz..samba, blues...
the guitar is a beauty and plays like one...
sweeetttttttttt sound...with the vari-tone knobs..
u could go from single coil to double coil..
anytime..
GET ONE NOW!!!!

: People ... I'm thinking of buying a BB King Lucille - as of yet I have not tried one!

: Could anybody who has uses a Lucille please let me know what it they are like.

: I am playing rock and blues.

: Many thanks Big G.

: PS ... Would I be better buying a Les Paul - any comments would be welcome.

i need help finding a good processor

Im currently looking for a new porcessor for my electric gutair.Unfortunately i have only been playing for three years and only one year on electric so i am not alll together sure what companies i should buuy and if something is worth buying i look foward to hopefully hearing from someone who can posssiibly enlighten me

Re: i need help finding a good processor

if you got lots of ca$h get a roland! they can be from anywhere in the hundreds to thousands but they are simply the BEST processing company today. if you cant get a roland buy a Boss they are the next best and if you cant get a boss look to Korg, Zoom, and Digitech but NEVER and I do say NEVER BUY A DOD!!! they are built like shit and the FX are stinking horrible!

if you are serious about your FX get a Roland V-Guitar processor with the Special Roland attachable pickup system and you will be totally state of the art in the guitar FX realm.

I run a Zoom 505 in my rig. If you don't have a lot of cash then these little numbers are pretty good. They do the job. Be aware that they do miss out on a few things like an expression pedal but for a small outlay they get the job done and don't sound too bad. You haven't been learning long and probably aren't playing live yet so be wary of handing out hugh amounts of cash for a system that you won't get full use out of. Remember you can always upgrade later.

For korg, i recommend you to try ax100g, ax1000g, and ax1500g. they are cheap, and sound great. And for my ear they are better than zoom and digitech, even boss.

They are great for practice (ax100g has drums loops), live and recording.
very easy to use (like using stompboxes) and to get good sound.

goodluck

Re: Why is an Intel Processor good?

Why is an intel Processor good

Disabling a Floyd Rose?

Disabling a Floyd Rose?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Disabling a Floyd Rose?

~~~ I NEED LYRICS AND TABS 4 Santana! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~  I NEED LYRICS AND TABS 4 Santana! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

This popular thread has been given its own page : ~~~ I NEED LYRICS AND TABS 4 Santana! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd Like To Buy Ibanez JEM 7VWH

I'd like to use credit card to buy the guitar, so who accept Internationl Credit Card (Master Card or VISA) please contact me very soon!!

guitar lessons

Looking to advance guitar playing . Can play rhythem but dont know scales ect. Any good online tuition available please.

Re: guitar lessons

goto www.guitartricks.com AWESOME site with tabs and examples. Tons of tech stuff! its great for online guitar!

nelly furtardo

anyone know any sites with nelly furtardo guitar tabs on? that are free? thank u thank u

Re: nelly furtardo

: anyone know any sites with nelly furtardo guitar tabs on? that are free? thank u thank u

Re: nelly furtardo

does any1 noe where i can find info on the awards that Nelly Furtado has won?...

Gibson Firebird Banjo Tuners

Gibson Firebird Banjo Tuners

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gibson Firebird Banjo Tuners

Help Please

I need to learn how to play guitar fast. I got a good gig, and I can't play yet... Please e-mail me any lessons or tips that you may have! I appreciate any help. Can you e-mail me instead of posting here. I do not check this very often.

Re: Help Please You gotta read this question !

You gotta be kidding !

: I need to learn how to play guitar fast. I got a good gig, and I can't play yet... Please e-mail me any lessons or tips that you may have! I appreciate any help. Can you e-mail me instead of posting here. I do not check this very often.

Re: Help Please You gotta read this question !

: You gotta be kidding !

:
: : I need to learn how to play guitar fast. I got a good gig, and I can't play yet... Please e-mail me any lessons or tips that you may have! I appreciate any help. Can you e-mail me instead of posting here. I do not check this very often.

You're jokin' right?
When you get older you'll learn that anything that comes easy is worthless, you don't appreciate it.
I'm afraid there are no short cuts, no easy ways.
You could learn a few basic chords quick (D,A,E.etc) and fool a few people but it takes years to really know your instrument and even then there's still stuff to learn.
If you haven't got a teacher, get onto one of the guitar tuition sites, there are heaps of 'em.
Play 2 or 3 hours (I hate the word practice) every day and in twelve months or so you'll be surprised at how your playing improves.
Don't just play scales and exercises, learn a few songs and it'll make every step of this wonderful journey a joy. Record what you play so you'll have benchmarks to compare your future expertise to.
Get into a band, any band!
Doesn't matter how bad you are it'll speed up your progress. Learn to sing while you play it's good to get into the habit early in your musical career.
If you really have a passion for the guitar it'll be easy but if you're only in love with the idea of being a rock star it'll wear off and you may as well not bother, take up golf or something.

Sequencer

I am thinking about buying a music sequencer for use on stage and I'm interested to hear any comments on the Yamaha QY700 or the Roland equivalent.

DeArmond T400 or Starfire Special?

I'm planning on buying a (semi)hollowbody by DeArmond. I really like the sound of their single-coil pickups. The T400 has a warmer sound, but has problems with feedback. The Starfire Special has the sustain block, sounds less warm, but no problems with feedback. Who can advice me?

guitar software

Does anyone know of a real good program for scales and chords? I've tried a dozen or so of them and they are not what I'm looking for

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.