Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Pickup-less Guitars?

Clarko is right it could be a piezo bridge these are available from Stew mac a supplier of parts in the US they are well worth checking out on the web and you can subscribe to their catalogue that has all sorts of great hardware.
I once saw another pickupless being played by dweezle zappa at the tribute concert for the late great Frank Zappa it had his face airbrushed on the front and looked amazing.

has any1 heard of "virtual guitar" from PALOMAR

My buddy has this program that comes with a little guitar (sorta) that plugs in your computer. he wants to have his boy Dean (the mean machine)learn 2 play. The kid loves the computer so much, this would make the difficult start fun 4 him. PROBLEM.... he lost the software. If u can help please do. email me @ prciv@speakeasy.org

guitar techniques march 98

hello to all musicians,
i'm trying to get hold of a copy of the march 98 guitar techniques cd (and mag if poss)as i need the losfer words backing track for my live show.
i live in the midlands and will collect from you if within a couple of hours drive and will pay the going rate for the cd/mag.
cheers,
Jack.

Anybody have info on a Sigma DR-28N 2nd?

I'm trying to find out iformation regarding this guitar. Where it was made, quality, value. Can anyone help?
JK

Re: Anybody have info on a Sigma DR-28N 2nd?

Sigma is a subsidiary of Martin. Sigma guitars are made in Korea according to Martin's design specs. They generally sound pretty good. Components such as the bridge, nut, and saddle are made of plastic instead of the wood you find on Martins. The finishes can also be sloppy.

The DR-28 is Sigma's version of the Martin D-28, but with laminated back and sides instead of solid. The top is still solid spruce. I know someone that has one, and it sounds almost as good as a D-28! It's somewhat muted though, a product of the laminated back and sides. Play several, though. The quality varies greatly from guitar to guitar. Good luck!

Any one can tell you information, but make sure you get it all. The origional (sic) Sigmas were made in Japan. I have a DR-28 which I bought new in 1980 for about $450 American. It was made in 1979. Sigma was established in 1970 to compete with the well made Japanese guitar imports ala Yamaha and others. If you are looking for a good quality Sigma, as a guideline my guitar has a serial # of ES22477.
This guitar is also made with handmade as well as machine made parts.
So there is some more information for you and don't stop there. I am sure there is more. You will have your best luck in the older Japanese Sigmas as there tonal quality is excellent and consistant.

:
I'm trying to find out iformation regarding this guitar. Where it was made, quality, value. Can anyone help?
: JK
I have a Sigma Martin DR-28N which is manufactured in the USA. The headstock says Sigma Martin USA and the inside of the guitar is stamped Made in the USA Nazareth, PA. It was probably made sometime in the 80's. Anybody have any info on that instrument.

i purchased a sigma martin dr-28n about a month and a half ago. it is acoustic-electric. i believe it was assembled in the united states and it is a 1982 model. they made the instruments in 1981 and 1982, so they are fairly rare guitars. i paid $350 for the guitar and hard case...which i consider a good buy. please email me about yours if you would like to.

GUITAR NECKS

does anyone know where i can buy les paul style necks

Re: GUITAR NECKS

: does anyone know where i can buy les paul style necks
You can order at www.warmoth.com

: : does anyone know where i can buy les paul style necks
: You can order at www.warmoth.com
: For real gibson les paul necks, visit www.ampland.com

B.C. Rich Widow Headstocks

Hey,...does anyone know where I can buy a black B.C. Rich Widow headstock bolt on neck for my Warlock that won't cost me $500.00?

Can i get a custom guitar with the gibson or prs design with dove inlay (not the prs bird inlay)

: Does anyone know where I can find a neck for a peavey
T-15 its the older model.
Im looking for the newer look in rose wood neck.

: does anyone know where I can buy a replacement neck for an Ovation Ultra Deluxe?

: does anyone know where I can buy a short scale bass neck?
Maple or rosewood fingerboard.
2 on a side or 4 on a side, it dosen't matter

i need a truly vintage telecaster neck, if you know where i can get one...email me...please

: does anyone know where i can buy a B.C. Rich bronze series neck with a widow headstock

kahler tremolo parts

my name is scott . the part that connects the springs to the tremolo broke, and cant find this part anywhere. however, my main concern is that I loose a lot of sustain due to the rollers where the strings rest upon.has kahler or anyone else modified this part to a solid piece so that the strings don't loose thier sustain?

kahler tremolo parts

my name is scott . the part that connects the springs to the tremolo broke, and cant find this part anywhere. however, my main concern is that I loose a lot of sustain due to the rollers where the strings rest upon.Has kahler or anyone else modified this part to a solid piece so that the strings don't loose thier sustain? Can anyone help me?

mp3 songs downloader

Iwant to down load hindi songs downloader

Re: mp3 songs downloader

: Iwant to down load hindi songs downloader
Go to osama.com

download

: Iwant to down load a song rythm devine and baliamos by enrique iglasias.

Re: download

: : Iwant to down load a song <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">rythm </B><B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">devine</B> and baliamos by enrique iglasias.

download a song

download a song

i want to download a song

I want to download the survivor thailand theme song ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: i want to download a song

: I want to download the old hindi songs ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Khatera...jaan..muah...n reply me soon okiee..

I dont wanna download anyting..thanx
bye

Love u very much Khatera...muah..bye..lol

reply me soon okie jan
bye

Sherabeel get over with it

Hey man!
Look you wont get khatera so dont bother writing her

: I want to download hindi, telugu and english songs downloader

: : I want to download hindi, telugu and english songs downloader website my mailid to send

I'm a Malaysian. I love telugu songs but i don't know how to download telugu mp3 songs from this website. Please help me

Re: mp3 songs list for downloading

: : : I want to download telugu and songs downloader website my mailid to send

: Iwant to down load hindi pop song kaanta laga from dj dolls

: : Iwant to down load english songs downloader

: : : Iwant to down load english songs downloader

mp3 songs downloader

: : : : Iwant to down load mp3 any language
songs downloader

: hi, i want to know which one is the best mp3`s dowloader, but the one where i can dowload a hole cd, of jazz for example...thanks.

: : hi, i want to know which one is the best mp3`s dowloader, but the one where i can dowload a whole cd, of jazz for example...thanks.

: : hi, i want to download an mp3 downloader so i can download my favorite mp3 songs. please...

: : hi, i want to download an mp3 downloader so i can download my favorite mp3 songs. please...

Re: mp3 english songs downloader

: Iwant to down load english and telugu songs downloader

Re:mp3 i want to download telugu songs

: : Iwant to down load english and telugu songs downloader

Iwant to down load hindi songs downloader

: Iwant to down load hindi and english songs downloader

: : Iwant to down load songs downloader

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.