Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Blackmore strat

I need a wiring diagram over the blackmore strat with two pickups and one volum and two tone controls.

Texas special height adjust

How hight should the TS pickups be in mm.

vox ac 15

i have just been given an old amp. its a vox ac 15, in perfect condition. it was a guys in my street who used to play in the 60's or 7o's. Is it rare or collectable?
he also has a fender broadcaster, it looks like a fender telecaster, is it as good as a telecaster ?. he said i can have it for £150. Any info much appreciated.

Re: vox ac 15

the ac15 is probably worth a few hundred quid if in working order, and snatch the guys hand off if it is a broadcaster because that would be the deal of the century!!!!!!! go to the fender website for history of this model and you may even be able to date it there if you have the serial number. best of luck.
jack.

: the ac15 is probably worth a few hundred quid if in working order, and snatch the guys hand off if it is a broadcaster because that would be the deal of the century!!!!!!! go to the fender website for history of this model and you may even be able to date it there if you have the serial number. best of luck.
: jack.

If you are interested in selling the VOX amp please let me know!
Russ

: : the ac15 is probably worth a few hundred quid if in working order, and snatch the guys hand off if it is a broadcaster because that would be the deal of the century!!!!!!! go to the fender website for history of this model and you may even be able to date it there if you have the serial number. best of luck.
: : jack.

: If you are interested in selling the VOX amp please let me know!
: Russ

How much for the both ??

I am interested in buying your amp if you are willing to sell. How much for the AC15?

: : the ac15 is probably worth a few hundred quid if in working order, and snatch the guys hand off if it is a broadcaster because that would be the deal of the century!!!!!!! go to the fender website for history of this model and you may even be able to date it there if you have the serial number. best of luck.
: : jack.

: If you are interested in selling the VOX amp please let me know!
: Russ

AC 15 are a great sounding amp and vintage models are becoming collectors items. There is really not a better sounding amp for british invasion pop blues and rock and so on except maybe the AC 30. People pay good money for these amps, you are very lucky to be given one, and I'm sure it will appreciate. These amps were made famous by the Beatles and the Shadows in the 60s.

floyed rose action

Does anybody know how to change the action on my ibanez? I don't know how to do that...

Re: floyed rose action

: Does anybody know how to change the action on my ibanez? I don't know how to do that...
Yes, but you didn't say exactly what action you want to change. Is it the spring action, the string height,
extending the up and down range? You need to elaborate, then perhaps I can help you out.
Please vist my web site at:
http://members.home.net/wilkatguitars
for guitar tips -- I'll be adding more as time permits--a tip page on tremolos is in the works, and should be posted soon.
Later,
Bill

feedback

i recently bought a new tanglewood odessy electro accustic and am having grave difficulty with controlling the volume level and equlisation levels in order to stop feedback from my amp the problem even persists when i move a few meters away from my amp. Any suggestions or help full hints as to why mt guitar dose this will be gratefull

Re: feedback

I've had this problem and it helped to raise the amp off the floor, like on a chair or a box, and check the power cord and make sure its properly grounded.

Bottom line was that I could never get that close to the amp without turning down first.

regards

: i recently bought a new tanglewood odessy electro accustic and am having grave difficulty with controlling the volume level and equlisation levels in order to stop feedback from my amp the problem even persists when i move a few meters away from my amp. Any suggestions or help full hints as to why mt guitar dose this will be gratefull

I don't know what the Oddysey is. If it's an actual electro-acoustic (i.e. an acoustic guitar fitted
with an internal mic or pickup, rather than being a hollow or semi-hollow with f-holes and
humbuckers) disregard this advice. I had a Tanglewood St. Louis jazzer with humbuckers.
It was entirely unsuitable for music with even moderate gain. I ended up giving it away.
Two possible solutions, though. First, stuff the body cavity with rags. A torn up t-shirst or even
insulating wool should help to minimise vibration based feedback. Secondly, try replacing
the pickups with better ones. The stick ones are very microphonic. Alternatively, get them
resealed in parafin wax.

mate first try turning the gain down. if this gives you no luck then go out and buy a 6-or more band graphic eq. then run this in to your amp (last thing) and turn down the frequency that is feeding back

Scotty Anderson

: Scotty will be performing on Sat.Sept.29 in Macon Ga. for those of us South of the Mason Dixon. If anyone in the area is interestd in witnessing this marvel contact me. caus@bellsouth.net

Re: Scotty Anderson

Why is a custom Telecaster that was made for Scotty worth 5 million dollars on e-bay? Any one who can fill me in?

broken string

Hey, i recently bought a fender strat, and i just busted a string. I know how to change one on a acoustic, but on a electric, i'm lost. HelP!

Re: broken string

I'm assuming that you don't realize that the string passes through the bridge assembly from underneath (back of the guitar). By now I suspect that you've figured it out.
You might want to check out my web site:
http://members.home.net/wilkatguitas
for tips on tuning and method of stringing up at the machine head tuning post.
Good Luck,
Bill

How can I add an extension speaker (cabinet) to my amp

How can I add an extension speaker (cabinet) to my amp

This popular thread has been given its own page : How can I add an extension speaker (cabinet) to my amp

kosmics!!

HI!!
kosmics in osborne park perth have some great deals and are the best for value!!

Nashville Based Musicians Needed to play for 2NMC- see details

MUSICIANS WANTED FOR MUSIC CONFERENCE

R&B/Pop singer Natalie Brown will be performing songs from her debut CD ‘Let The Candle Burn’ at this year’s 2NMC Nashville Music Conference October 10th – 14th 2001.

We are putting a band together using musicians and singers from the Nashville area. Positions needed are Bass, Guitar, Drums and 3 background singers (2 female & 1 male). We need musicians who are able to play for free and receive conference passes and a chance to network. In some cases we can negotiate a small fee. You must be able to learn 5-8 songs off a CD by ear in one week and be available for one rehearsal before the show.

Please send an e-mail indicating your instrument, contact info, location of MP3 demos and availability to Jeremy@inmotionmanagement.com or leave a message at (415) 789-8560. Deadline is Friday September 21st 2001. If selected you will be contacted with more information and sent a package with the CD and instructions. Visit us at http://www.natalie-brown.com

Fender Lace Sensors for Tele wanted

Does anyone have a blue, gold or silver FLS for a Tele they wanna sell? I'm happy to buy or swap for a SD Hotrail.

Pickup height on LP std.

Any suggestions for an appropriate pickup height
relative to strings (distance between...) on an LP
standard, for a good combination of volume and tone?

Re: Pickup height on LP std.

mate i would ram the bridge pickup as close as you can to the strings without it pissin u off. More gain. Put the bridge one a fair whack lower so the u can get more tone. that way you can strike a good balance betwwen it being raunchy as and nice and clean

PRS Prototype

PRS Prototype

This popular thread has been given its own page : PRS Prototype

GR 33

Preciso de informacoes em portugues sobre o GR 33. podem me ajudar?

Personalized Guitar Straps - a unique gift idea Look up the website

A PERSONALIZED GUITAR STRAP is a UNIQUE gift for any guitar player. With Christmas coming soon this is the perfect gift to give to someone who plays guitar. PLEASE LOOK AT THE WEBSITE YOU WILL AGREE IT IS A GIFT THAT GUITAR PLAYERS WILL LIKE.

Re: Personalized Guitar Straps - a unique gift idea Look up the website

what website?

Gibson Price hike in UK

Anyone know why the UK price of a Gibson SG special has gone from £ 500 to £ 700

Anyone got one that they are thinking of selling in London e-mail simmonds_j@hotmailNOSPAM.com (remove NO SPAM)

Gibson SG

Took a month to locate one at a price that has not been inflated (they are now £699 from £500) but I am now the proud owner of a Ebony SG Special MMmmm. Man it is loud compared to the Squire that I have.
The Gig bag is a lot better quality then I thought it was going to be and it plays really well, as far as I can tell, not been playing long but I have lesson in a couple of weeks and going to let my teacher loose on it.

2 quick questions though, how much "play" should there be on the humbuckers because they move about. I presumed it was because there was no covers.
and
When in the middle switch position it "blends" the 2 together but if I switch either volume down to 0 it knocks both out is that correct?

Thanks

guitar->mic input=unwanted distortion. solution?

guitar->mic input=unwanted distortion. solution?

This popular thread has been given its own page : guitar->mic input=unwanted distortion. solution?

help with my sg

i got an sg,and always use standard tuning,i was juct wondreing if they r known 4 eating strings.i have not had it long and already have spent alot of money on replacement strings.
can any1 plz help with any info at all,
thanx
parsons

Re: help with my sg

It could be due to a number of things -- first, I'd look into the bridge saddles for sharp edges (assuming that's where the strings are breaking). Second, I'd check out the tuning posts on your
machine heads -- again look for sharp edges that need filing. If you play very aggressively ( a lot of chord bashing, and heavy string bending, you'll need to make sure your using "quality" strings (I favour Dean Markley) and that the above points are checked and/or fixed if required.
Please visit my web site at:
for guitar tips and questions (I'll be expanding the tips section as time permits)

Later, and good luck!
Bill

Re: help with my sg

dood i got an sg and it munches thru strings. what i recomond is getting a bridge off an old les paul or sumthing like and whacking that on. get yaself some decent strings like fender super bullets or dean markleys (stay right away from didarios) and it shood be coool

Cheap stomp boxes

Hi, folks. I'm looking into a set of cheap stomp boxes that I think would sell well online. My question is...what do you think? Have you seen enough of the cheap (as in $20 - $30) stomp boxes that are garbage that you would never buy any? Or, would you be willing to give a new line the benefit of the doubt, and try one or two?

I'm not trying to do a sales pitch here, just want to see what the response is from the guitar-playing online community. Thanks for any opinions you can share.

Re: Cheap stomp boxes

I'm sure most the pro players here would say no to a cheap box. (although, I have played through some junk that sounded pretty good) Beginners and start up bands may try some cheap boxes.

Re: Cheap stomp boxes

I wouldnt buy them. I only buy boss stomp boxes not dod or digitech

Hendrix' guitars

Hi there, who can send some information about Hendrix' Strat? Was ist a left-hand guitar or "just" a right-hand one with strings, bridge and nut turned l"left-hand"?
Just let me know, please. Cheers, Danny

Re: Hendrix' guitars

Jimi Hendrix used several different Strats as well as acouple of Gibsons (including a flying V). All of his guitars were standard off the shelf stuff, nothing special which makes him all the more special. They were all right handed instruments that he had strung for left handed use (ie: low e becomes high e). Nothing else was changed, the controls and bridge remained the same as when they were bought. Hope this helps you.

Re: Hendrix' guitars

: Jimi Hendrix used several different Strats as well as acouple of Gibsons (including a flying V). All of his guitars were standard off the shelf stuff, nothing special which makes him all the more special. They were all right handed instruments that he had strung for left handed use (ie: low e becomes high e). Nothing else was changed, the controls and bridge remained the same as when they were bought. Hope this helps you.

He was also known to just pick up somebody else's normally strung right handed guitar or bass and just play it that way. The bass parts he did on Electric Lady Land were done just that way on Noel Redding's PB.

Amp Help

Im thinking of buying a 120 W crate amp. i play lead guitar in my band and i would want to know if it would be loud enough over the drums and the rythm guitarist. WE mostly play local and in little places like birthday parties.

Re: Amp Help

120 W should be plenty for small venues. Check out a few other amps though. Crates sound OK for metal, but I would never use one for say blues or jazz.

Re: Amp Help

120 will be heaps but dont blow yer hard earnd $$$$ on a crate. look round for something less metal. Check out jade, they an australian company. there killler cheap and pretty decant

1975 telecaster guitar

Does anyone have a picture they could mail me? I think it is a 1975.
Thank you.

swap a guitar for my pod 2

any offers, im in north east england

Godin synth

I don't fine i anyware the price of godin LGX-SA
please, if anybody have a webpage with information and price, tell my.

Guitar tips (oh and chrome finishes)

Hi !
I build custom guitars and basses, and adding guitar tips to my web site
If I can help out, just visit my site and e-mail me -- I do my best to assist you.

Also, a customer recently asked me about re-chroming his Ibanez JS model, and any comments that anybody has out there
would be appreciated -- the body of the guitar is made of a material called Luthite --it's not wood.

Thanks!
Bill

wiring diagrams

could any on possibly have wiring diagrams for a late 60's tennessean this guitar has the "f" holes painted on it semi acoustic 2 pickups, and one select switch there mus be many vatiations of it ????

Hohner HG310 6 string Acoustic Guitar

This guitar is handmade and is made from rosewood. I am thinking of selling this guitar. It is in great shape. Could someone tell me what would be a fair price for it.
Thanks.

Re: Hohner HG310 6 string Acoustic Guitar

Try 175-250.
: This guitar is handmade and is made from rosewood. I am thinking of selling this guitar. It is in great shape. Could someone tell me what would be a fair price for it.
: Thanks.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.