Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

1982 White 20th Anniversay Series

I am getting ready to turn this amp into cash. I retired it in 1989 after re tubing it. I have had a lot of trouble getting any info about. I have a buyer willing to make a deal with me immediately. My question; Can anybody tell me a ball park price range to think about. The condition of the amp, I think I would say it is very good. All responses will be appreciated. Thanks for your help.
Peace
Fred

Is there a Comsumer Reports for musical gear?

Is there a Comsumer Reports type on-line site for musical gear? I'm in the market for a modeling amp and need help choosing.

Thanks

Re: Is there a Comsumer Reports for musical gear?

I don't know about consumer reports for amps, but find the reviews on the web useful (such as harmony central, etc). I have a line 6 flextone-IIxl and really like it, and it has been very reliable (so far), I would just decide on the amp you want and then research it/try it out, it's kinda like buying a car... every company sells a lemon once in a while, so just make sure the have a decent return/replacement/warranty policies.

: Is there a Comsumer Reports type on-line site for musical gear? I'm in the market for a modeling amp and need help choosing.

: Thanks

where can i get a good fender for 200 pounds?

i wan't a guitar.na!

used fenders.

you'll have to get something used. i mean really used for that price. Or get a korean made Fender Strat- or a squire, or telecaster.
Remember, Fender are the best guitar makers but there are thousands more.

Re: where can i get a good fender for 200 pounds?

I have a guitar made by fender...its a stratocaster squier II. Its in excellent condition and want to sell it for $150.00 - $200.00 (USA dollars) . If interesterd e-mail me. Sheesh82@hotmail.com

OAR -- crazy game of poker tab

If anybody had the OAR intro tab or knows where to find it....please email me at nadcox@cs.clemson.edu

Thanks

Re: OAR -- crazy game of poker tab

the whole song goes C-G-Am-F, the solos are just improve.

Re: OAR -- crazy game of poker tab

for their new album 34th and 8th, u can find the intro to poker at www.oarsa.org and look under crazy game of poker- lead section and it will say this is the intro from the in between now and then dvd. but they play it for the new album as well

MusicLoversAuction.com

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.]

Only at MusicLoversAuction.com http://www.MusicLoversAuction.com

Re: MusicLoversAuction.com

Lame Dude!! Go to eBay or Digibid.com if you want axes!!
:
: Only at MusicLoversAuction.com http://www.MusicLoversAuction.com

Re: MusicLoversAuction.com

I get your referral to eBay, etc. Hey - they're the big guys. But why the "lame, dude!!" Seriously - I'm curious.

Frank

: Lame Dude!! Go to eBay or Digibid.com if you want axes!!
: :
: : Only at MusicLoversAuction.com http://www.MusicLoversAuction.com

Guitar Discussion Back Up and Running

Sorry folks,

Due to a technical glitch this forum wasn't working
for a few days but it's been fixed and it's back to
discussion as usual.

Peace,
Jason.

vibroclone faceplate - bandmaster faceplate

does anyone know where I can find a vibroclone or vibroverb faceplate to fit my silverface pro reverb?
I'm also looking for a blackface bandmaster faceplate.

Thanks;

Hugh S.

Re: vibroclone faceplate - bandmaster faceplate

: does anyone know where I can find a vibroclone or vibroverb faceplate to fit my silverface pro reverb?
: I'm also looking for a blackface bandmaster faceplate.

: Thanks;

: Hugh S.

Contact Doug at Vintage SoundWorks in Canada at www.vintagesoundworks.com

Promo CD for free

Hello all,
A Promo CD of my music is out. It is for the Records Label but you can get it online or in CD format if asked. Check it out ^^
http://nvintejoux.online.fr
Later.

Re: Promo CD for free

hello!!plz send me free cd!thanks

Gibson SG question

Took a month to locate one at a price that has not been inflated (they are now £699 from £500) but I am now the proud owner of a Ebony SG Special MMmmm. Man it is loud compared to the Squire that I have.
The Gig bag is a lot better quality then I thought it was going to be and it plays really well, as far as I can tell, not been playing long but I have lesson in a couple of weeks and going to let my teacher loose on it.

2 quick questions though, how much "play" should there be on the humbuckers because they move about. I presumed it was because there was no covers.
and
When in the middle switch position it "blends" the 2 together but if I switch either volume down to 0 it knocks both out is that correct?

Thanks

Re: Gibson SG question

hey man
i there is a bit of play in the pickups. Dont worry bout it it just happens
if your heaps stressing about it then go to your local
shop and buy covers and the screws and just chuck em on yourself. It makes it look a bit less metal but hey
the thing with the volume should be fixxed tho.

IBANEZ RG more prestige than ESP?

which is better for powerspeed metal?

IBANEZ RG more prestige than ESP?

which is better for powerspeed metal?

Re: IBANEZ RG more prestige than ESP?

They're both good guitars! The ESPs(not LTD series)have a smaller neck width,making it easier to play fast
runs.Also,the stock pickups are quite wicked in my opinion.
Good Luck

esp usa custom guitars are in a better league than ibanez. ibanez uses shitty wood , horrible pickups and they basicly only make bolt on neck guitars. esp usa guitars (not the limited series, they suck.) have a lot of options and use grade a wood, emg 81 pickups and the best craftsmanship. esp makes a better made and sounding guitar, but the usa series are some big bucks. later man

there is only one ibanez guitar that can blow away an esp im not defending it or anything (i play gibsons) but the J.S 2000 will kick the shit out almost any esp guitar

Ibanez Guitars Are the leader in my opinion, their guitars are well made except for the lower class like the stupid GIO series and the RX, also the The ibanez RG 120, 170 guitars are sucky. The best Ibanez guitars are the ones made in japan, NOT Korea. I dont like some of the pickups ibanez puts on their guitars, but again thats on the lower class RG's. And another thing the Ibanez K-7 (the head and munky signature) guitars suck, and they are a rip off, they are the same as the RG7420, the only thing the k-7 has that the RG7420 doesnt is the cheesy K-7 logo on 12th fret and the U-Bar on the tremelo, which that is a bunch of bullshit, you can make yer own just go down the harware store anf get some strip of metal fit it to length and then bend it to fit on either side of the tremelo the the shape of a U. Then drill a hole on the other side of the tremelo and there ya go, now that was much cheaper then paying 400 dollars more on the shitty k-7! On the other hand ESP makes just as good quality guitars, except for they have EMG-HZ, and EMG-81 pickups which is awesome. EMG pickups are the best guitar pickups know to man. And the ESP also makes custom guitars built to your specifications, which ibanez does not do. But in the end (THIS IS JUST MY OPINION) i would have to go with IBANEZ. Peae out and thanks for reading this.

sheet guitar music exchange

Hi, I'd like to exchange sheet guitar music with anyone who can be interested. Rock, pop, jazz, tuition material, I've got tones of classical as well. ccrriiss@eresmas.com

Personailized Guitar Strap a great GIFT IDEA

Look up website www.guitargifts4u.com
FREE SHIPPING in the USA & Canada. This is perfect and afforable gift idea.

Model?

Someone is offering me a PRS guitar, serial number 72681. I know this means it's a 1987 guitar, number 2681 off the line. However, there is no other name or model on the guitar, so I'm having a hard time evaluating what a fair price for the instrument might be. Anyone have any insight?
Thanks, Bedeke

electra/guitar/info

I need info on the electra model x310 can anyone help .

Re: electra/guitar/info

I'm trying to find out information on a Electra Guitar The only thing I have is a serial #103129. Its a gibson les paul copy. It has a brown stained outer body with a split maple down the center, and a maple neck. Two humbucking pickups with modified electronics requiring two 9 v batterys built into the back, it has brushed brass looking electronic covers and two coil switching mini switches.it is the best playing guitar I've ever owned, it appears to have a rosewood fingerboard, can you help me find out about this guitar and its value? Thank You, Mark

guitar tab software

Excuse the naive question, but I have been told that there is software out there that can listen to a song and develop the guitar tab for the guitar part of the song? Does this work with only with guitar solos or can it hear the guitar part from a band? I was told that GuitarPro was one such software program. Which is the best and easiest to use? Thanks. Larry

mysterious guitar

i have a G 11 N and it want in the price guide i think its from the 1970's but i am not sure it is in near mint condition. Whats it worth

ME-33 Patches

Does anyone know where I can get any patches for the ME-33? There seems to be sites for everything but this effects deck.

Re: ME-33 Patches

: Does anyone know where I can get any patches for the ME-33? There seems to be sites for everything but this effects deck.

Re: ME-33 Patches

YEAH! Now there is! bit late tho' :D
http://www.creativeclick.com.mx/me33patchcentral/
A site dedicated to BOSS ME-33 Patches.

fender black face de luxe reverb

Hello!
I need some information. What was the original speaker in the Fender black face deluxe reverb?
I also wonder if an alnicko speaker will give a heavier crunshier tone than for example a ferrite speaker like a C12N.

/PO

i want a BASS!

somebody send me that bass that you wanna get off your hands ill take it!!!! po box 185 excel al 36439!!!!

Re: i want a BASS!

: somebody send me that bass that you wanna get off your hands ill take it!!!! po box 185 excel al 36439!!!!i have a bass never been used cost me 150 bucks ill sell it to u for 50 dollors 10 dollors shipping

"Zero Stabilizer"

I have just purchased a Carvin DC-400 with a Floyd Rose and find it INCREDABLY hard to tune and keep in tune. The owner of my local guitar shop has told me that is because I have a Floyd Rose and that those problems come with the territory. One of my friends told me that there is a thing called a "Zero Stabilizer" that will fix it so that the bridge doesn't move unless you use the tremolo bar... I need to know if there is such a thing and if there is, where I can get one. Thank you.

Korean Gutair tabs

Hey
Does anyone have Gutair tabs for korean groups like 1tym and baby Vox if so can you email me them or the address? Thanks
love
lee

Re: Korean Gutair tabs

Does anyone have the tabs for "Remember" by H.O.T can send me thrgh my email!
Thks

hi, could u pls help me to find the tabs for the album endless love.( tt korean show) i need tabs for reason,song for a lady,prayer...etc
thanks

: Hey
: Does anyone have Gutair tabs for the song "All for You" by cool? Thanks
:
phil

: Hey
: Does anyone have Gutair tabs for korean groups like 1tym and baby Vox if so can you email me them or the address? Thanks
: love
: lee

Click-b "To be continued" Guitar Tabs

Can someone help me find Click-b "To be continued" Guitar Tabs and/or english translated lyrics.
If you can Thanks
Email me at lkbusiness@aol

I want to ask an amp question. Please Help Me..

Hello, I recently bought a Fender Champion 30 Amp.
This model doesn't have a headphone jack. It does
however have an external speaker jack that writes
on it, Max power 30W Min load 8 OHMS. Can I use the
external speaker jack as a headphone jack without any
harm to the amp? Please help me, Thank you.

Re: I want to ask an amp question. Please Help Me..

do not do that.it will fry your headphones and could break your amp

Re: I want to ask an amp question. Please Help Me..

Probably won't hurt the amp but the headphones will light up and fry big time. Not an option!!!!

marshall tsl 100 schematics

my footswitch doesn't work anymore
and i know it's the male connector to the amp
so,i bought a new din connector but i don't know how to connect the wires?!
if you know how please contact me at my email adress
yrjo@curfew.nl

Re: marshall tsl 100 schematics

My footswitch doesn't work either. I bought a new din plug and I've got a diagram from Marshall themselves and it's wrong!!!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.