Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - October, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Gibson RD !!!

: Hi. I´m looking for a Gibson RD !..all of interest !
: Best TJ

got one, with original hardcase

Chords/tab to "Same as You" by Scott Henderson

can anyone email me the chords/tab to "Same as You" by Scott Henderson? Thanks.

Earl Snipes

Re: Chords/tab to "Same as You" by Scott Henderson

: can anyone email me the chords/tab to "Same as You" by Scott Henderson? Thanks.

: Earl Snipes

Re: Chords/tab to "Same as You" by Scott Henderson

: : can anyone email me the chords/tab to "Same as You" by Scott Henderson? Thanks.

: : nino

Lefty Beginner

I have a question for everyone out there: I am a long-time piano player who wants to learn to play the guitar. I am left-handed. Should I get a righty guitar and suck it up or get a lefty guitar? A lefty guitar feels more comfortable, but I know learning to play right-handed would make it easier to find equipment, music, etc. Any thoughts?

Re: Lefty Beginner

it would be a lot easier right handed. that way you'll be using your stronger and more agile hand for fretting. the equipments cheaper and you get more choice. you don't have to convert chord boxes either. it won't make it any more difficult for you playing a right hander. whatever you decide to play, good luck.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

JOE DIFFIE TO RELEASE NEW ALBUM!

[The body of this post has been lost]

Re: JOE DIFFIE TO RELEASE NEW ALBUM!

Just wanted to say my husband and I went to see Joe Diffie for the very first time in Farmington, Missouri and he was "great!"

alan holdsworth

i dont know much about guitars ,but i must say that alans album "secrets" the solo on the track joshua has so much feeling in that guitar its got to be the best solo ive ever heard cheers alan.you have that sound trev

Re: alan holdsworth

great, ive actually found another holdsworth fan. i think he is one of the most unique players ever, and have a few of his albums, have you heard "the sixteen men of tain" ?

Can't find tab for clapton song

I cannot seem to find the tab for "it's in the way that you use it" out of the color of money. I looked everywhere for it, if anyone has it or knows where I can get it can you please lt me know at vlauro@bigpond.net.au

Thanks

Re: Can't find tab for clapton song

Me neither, though I'm particuarly looking for the bass tab, as that bass-line is pretty phat. Uh, there's only a solo in it guitar wise, i rekon no one's botherd, there is a sheet music book for it, try google.

I NEED TO RESTRING MY GUITAR WITH ALOCKING SYSTEM PLEASE HELP

hello i have an esp f-200 with a locking system i put some 10 gage strings on ther and i le them stretch some but like when i tune it it pulls the locking system way u7p and bends it what do i do? please email me thanks

Re: I NEED TO RESTRING MY GUITAR WITH ALOCKING SYSTEM PLEASE HELP

take one of the springs out of the back of the guitar or loosen them off, this should cure the problem. good luck

re-string a guitar video

Here's a neat little video that shows you how to restring a guitar:

http://wimpyplayer.net/vids/re_string_guitar_electric.html

GREAT mini GUITARS

Work in Indonesia and found a place where they make all models of high quality miniguitars. Get your mini
favourite. Comes including "hardcase" and stand. Mail me and I send a picture with an example. Be amazed !!!!
20 CM beauties ...........

Re: GREAT mini GUITARS

Do you make mini-basses as well?

: Work in Indonesia and found a place where they make all models of high quality miniguitars. Get your mini
: favourite. Comes including "hardcase" and stand. Mail me and I send a picture with an example. Be amazed !!!!
: 20 CM beauties ...........

Re: GREAT mini GUITARS

: Work in Indonesia and found a place where they make all models of high quality miniguitars. Get your mini
: favourite. Comes including "hardcase" and stand. Mail me and I send a picture with an example. Be amazed !!!!
: 20 CM beauties ...........

looking for a gift idea for a friend that loves guitars...i thought a mini guitar would be just perfect-please give me some great ideas of what kind.

the best transistor amps in the world !

: does anybody know of a truly great tranny amp ?, i have a tech 21 trademark 60, and it is great, but there must be other good tranny amps(i know valves are better, but there must be some othere good stuff out there)

Re: Guitar9 and other things.............

Yea, I play and do consider myself a "Shred" type guitarist, although I hate the term.Its demeaning. Its like you can shred, O.K but can you play with feeling?
As far as equipment goes, I have what I need for now...
Jackson DXMG ....... just got it, neede another back up
Ibanez 540 Saber Custom..... sweet n' skinny super thin neck
Charvel (model 3 I think)...finished project. Late 80's mod
50 per channel Rocktron Power Amp
BBE Sonic Maximizer 862
Alesis MEQ 30
Rocktron Chameleon
Rack Rider Power Strip, all of which is mounted in an SKB 8 space. Sound travels through 1 4x12 Ampeg cab with Celestions rated at 300 wts.
Oh yea, other typical stuff would be a Shure SM-57 mic , Tascam 4 track and bunches of tools and Allen wrenches.
BTW: Guiter9 rules. My favorite new website, I just found out about it last week.

Re: the best transistor amps in the world !

: the dyna-touch tube simulator series from fender is cool

: : does anybody know of a truly great tranny amp ?, i have a tech 21 trademark 60, and it is great, but there must be other good tranny amps(i know valves are better, but there must be some othere good stuff out there)

THERE AIN'T NO SUCH ANIMAL.
But then again I might be just a one eyed old geezer.

Help!! Need good distortion on my BOSS ME- 8

I'm looking for anyone who has some advise on how to program this thing so I can get some real distortion,and a patch for lead solos, before I throw this thing away!!

Fender Hot Rod Deville?

does anyone have a fender hot rod deville tube amp. if so how do you like it, i'm thinking about getting one, would it be good for hendrix type playing?
Thanks

Re: Fender Hot Rod Deville?

It rules! It rules more if you replace the tubes and go for a more vintage sound.

: does anyone have a fender hot rod deville tube amp. if so how do you like it, i'm thinking about getting one, would it be good for hendrix type playing?
: Thanks

Floyed Rose setup

I just restrung my old Hamer with a lighter gauge set and now the bridge has a completely different tilt. How can I get it back to a nominal position?
Thanks!

Re: Floyed Rose setup

Open up that back plate. You should see at least 3 springs attached to a spring "claw". The claw has two screws(wood type). Tighten these two screws to let string tension overtake, loosen to allow the springs to overtake.
In your case you will want to tighten the screws, by the way, you want your trem to sit nice and level.
Does the trem sit in a body cavity or not?

Re: Floyed Rose setup

I just read my post. The part about tightening and loosening were backwards. (?) O.K, If you loosen the screws at the claw, your allowing the strings to pull the trem towards the neck, if you tighten the screws at the claw, you will overtake the string tension and thus pull the trem toward the body of the guitar. So, its all in these screws. Also, different tunings will affect the position of the tremolo.

looking for takamine cd 132sc

I want to buy a used takamine cd 132sc or another classical electric guitar of the same quality level than the takamine. Anyone saling one or know where to find one on a good price? email me to cgarmas@msn.com

Re: looking for takamine cd 132sc

: I want to buy a used takamine cd 132sc or another classical electric guitar of the same quality level than the takamine. Anyone saling one or know where to find one on a good price? email me to insideacocoon@hotmail.com

tabliture

i,m trying to get the tab for tracy by the cufflinks can anyone help ?.

Re: tabliture

: im trying to find tabs for requino guitars please email thanxs

Cabinet building -HELP!!!

Hi.
I need to find info on building guitarcabinets (4X12")
What type of material to use,how to make it sound good. Any help will do. If there are any good sites at the internet with pictures etc, I would be real happy to know. Or your own experience...

Thanx and wish me luck! // Klas - the swede....

Time To PLay PT. II ATT: Bob the Nob...Wanna be God.

O.K . I'll get a sample out on my friends website.
But what about you? I really want to hear just how a "god" plays. As far as playing in a bedroom, nah, I get out sometimes. Playing in a band prevents me from being a hermit.
So, tell us more about this playing with your feet. Can you play with other parts of you body too?
Why don't you tell us mortals what kind of omnipotent gear you own?
Oh, and why am I getting the feeling you are ALL talk?
Like I said in the previous post, why don't you just show your abilities instead of boasting all the time?

Re: Time To PLay PT. II ATT: Bob the Nob...Wanna be God.

at last, another guitarist with a sense of humor,not !!
you want to show the world how good you are, go on, admit it, but i play for myself and you need people to love your playing and you think that will make them love you. Quite sad really. ps, you might be a good technique bloke, but if you dont have any humor in your playing, then, you have lost the plot. pps, admit it, you like my posts, it gives you something to get up in the afternoon for. love Bob

Floyed Rose setup

Thanks so much for the fast reply! I kinda thought those screws would fix it. I was a lil skeerd ta mess with 'em though. the saddle set screw is nearly toching the first string and I'm sure it'll break the string. I couldn't see any adjustments for it either. Thanks again!

Yes the bridge is slightly in the cavity.

Thanks

guitar pickups

i need a chunkier sound for my explorer and i want to know what is the best type of distortion pickup

Re: guitar pickups

Go with some DiMarzio's or some Seymour Duncan's. I prefer Duncans. The Jeff Beck model is good, also known as the TB4, which comes stock on high end Jacksons ( $800.00 +) Duncan SH-6 are pretty high end as well. Maybe the Lynch 'Screamin' Demon".
Oh, dont forget about EMG 81's. Possibly the heaviest pickup out there, but you need a 9 volt battery installed to give it the juice. Give a look at these pickups, you might find what your looking for.

I have a Jackson SL-3, with a TB4 in the bridge and 2 Hot Rails in the neck and middle.
I want to change my neck pickup, can u recommend me a good one (single coil) like for shredding,
i know that hotrails are called shredder pickups but is there any out there? or should i just
stay on my hotrail?. and I bought my Jackson SL-3 for 700, is that worth it?

Get EMG's man, these pickups rock. I play in a metal band and use them exclusively.You could get two EMG 81's (like Kerry King) or to really beef up your tone get an EMG-81 for the bridge position and an EMG-85 for the neck position. Trust me once you play with these pickups anything else sounds whimpy.

I agree with the Moo man. Get EMG-81. The best god damm pickups out there. They gotta be the best because the best guitarist in the universe uses them. That my friend is the one and only Kirk Hammet. I use them on my KH-502 guitar.
Keep rockin man.

": Get EMG's man, these pickups rock. I play in a metal band and use them exclusively.You could get two EMG 81's (like Kerry King) or to really beef up your tone get an EMG-81 for the bridge position and an EMG-85 for the neck position. Trust me once you play with these pickups anything else sounds whimpy." - moo.

This dude speaks the truth!

THERE ARE SOME GREAT PICKUPS OUT THERE. MOST , AS THE OTHERS HAVE SAID, DIMARZIO AND SEYMOUR DUNCANS ARE GREAT. SCHALLER PICKUPS ARE VERY GOOD AND NOT TO EXPENSIVE. MY PERSONAL FAVOURITE IS THE SEYMOUR DUNCAN
"ALLAN HOLDSWORTH" MODEL, IT IS RICH WITH SUSTAIN BUT VERY CLEAN FROM STRING TO STRING. GOOD LUCK

PARKER GUITARS????

Has anyone owned a parker guitar? would it be worth it to buy the p-38. Are they reliable guitars? Tell me anything you know please

Re: PARKER GUITARS????

: Has anyone owned a parker guitar? would it be worth it to buy the p-38. Are they reliable guitars? Tell me anything you know please

hey. i've never owned a parker but a good friend of mine told me they were amazing.they are really really light and sound incredible.stay in tune good and probably a great guitar if i was guessing.

What I know is what I got and wouldn't change for anything I have played so far...Parker Deluxe (RED)
with GK2 pick thru Roland GR-09 . I have played for 34 years and I own 17 guitars but I still love the verstilty of the parker .I have had Harvey Jett , (Black Oak) Mark Farner GFR, Greg Martin.KHH. and some blues players over to the house and they all end up on the parker.
Play on Bro.

: Has anyone owned a parker guitar? would it be worth it to buy the p-38. Are they reliable guitars? Tell me anything you know please

: What I know is what I got and wouldn't change for anything I have played so far...Parker Deluxe (RED)
: with GK2 pick thru Roland GR-09 . I have played for 34 years and I own 17 guitars but I still love the verstilty of the parker .I have had Harvey Jett , (Black Oak) Mark Farner GFR, Greg Martin.KHH. and some blues players over to the house and they all end up on the parker.
: Play on Bro.

: : Has anyone owned a parker guitar? would it be worth it to buy the p-38. Are they reliable guitars? Tell me anything you know please

i have played all models of parkers and i like all of them, the p-38 and p-40 have a wood neck versus graphite, that preference is up to the player, i love the electronics in all of them,the p-38 and p40 even though made in korea i cant find anything wrong with them everything is excellent quality and they are cheaper. i use mesa boogie amps and fender acoustic amps, and a roland guitar synth, and i feel have a overall complete sound.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.