Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Any feedback on the Roland GT3 effects board?

TENGO UNA GT-3 PERO SE LE DAÑO EL POTENCIOMETRO DE VOLUMEN NECESITO EL NUMERO QUE LLEVA PARA CAMBIARLO ESTOY EN VENEZUELA TAMBIEN SI HAY ALGUNA AGENCIA AUTORIZADA AQUI EN VENEZUELA ESTADO ANZOATEGUI GRACIAS

hohner

I have recently acquired a hohner model L 75.
it has a dark brown sunburst finish, humbucking paired single-coil pickups, and its shape ans styling is derivative more or less directly of the gibson les paul.
i wouls like to know its original retail price, and if possible its age.
if anybody can help further, i can supply the serial number.
fanx
t

Price of Roland GI-10 guitar MIDI interface

Could anyone tell me the price of the GI-10. I would appreciate knowing if there are similar products by Yamaha.

Finally, were could one buy such an item?

Thanks.

Frank O'Brien

zoom effects

i wanted to know the differences between model numbers such as 505, 5052 and so fourth. im looking to buy one

Re: zoom effects

I suggest instead of getting a 505 you get a TONE WORKS
AX1G it has more effects (including the best WAH WAH pedal i have ever used) and is quieter. Musician freind usualy has them for 99 bucks I think. I just finished a CD that i used my AX1G on a few tunes,. handy tool, and it sounds good in headphones too

Re: zoom effects

: i wanted to know the differences between model numbers such as 505, 5052 ,707 and so fourth. i'm looking to buy one

7 strings guitar history

Hi,
I would like to know when the 7 strings guitar was invented. also I would like to know who invented it.
Thanks a bunch.

Re: 7 strings guitar history

im not 100% on this but i think Ibanez was the first company to introduce or atleast sell 7 strings,im actualy trying to find out myself, Its just that ive been in an underground band now for a few years,and ive met alot of seven string players(i happen to be one myself) and almost all the 7 strings ive seen were made by Ibanez

Bass wanted.

I would like to purchase an Aria Pro II Cardinal Series bass. Please email jsu55@bellsouth.net if you have one you would like to sell. Please note, I am interested only in this particular model of bass, please don't innundate me with "great deals on Fender", etc. Thanks very much!

-Jim

Re: Bass wanted.

Hmm.I'll stick my two cents in.The Ibanez EBD 600(four string)is a THUMBER'S DELIGHT! I almost bought one.

GIVE ME TIPS ON HEAVIEST DISTORTIONS From a GT 3

I've owned a Boss GT3 for about six months now and after shite loads of playing about I've managed to set my 2 main stage worthy distortions with a reasonable amount of success.But like everyone I'm sure it could sound that little bit better if i just knew HOW!At present Im using the Pre-Amp sims to get the gain because the dist/OD sounds are Way to "DI" and lifeless.I use the Peavy 5150 setting with the mic position at 2cms with the following amp sim settings:-
Vol-20,Bass-50,Mid-14,Treble-58,prescence-43,master-65 & Gain-HIGH. Then I use the EQ next door and set up a Varying scoop of the mids. At first I tried it with the noise suppressor set very active (threshHold-55,Release-3) but i found this to fight off most of the depth of the sound making it more 'mechanised'.The sounds i am after are those found in music from the likes of Heavy 'Harcore' bands such as Silent green and Stampin'Ground.I Play an Epiphone LesPaul Standand with a Semour Duncan 'Duncan Custom' upgrade in the bridge position.My amp is a Marshal JCM2000 DSL 100 with a jcm 900 4x12 cab.Im plugging the gt3 straight into the return socket at the back, therefore bypassing the marshal pre-amp....CAN ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME BY GIVING ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW TO SET THE EQ UP,OR OF ANY NEW OR ALTERNATIVE WAYS YOU KNOW OF TO GET THE HEAVIEST SOUND!!!:) So go on...enthraul me with your know-how!!! xxxmany thanx Kelv. Portsmouth.

Re: GIVE ME TIPS ON HEAVIEST DISTORTIONS From a GT 3

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but.... You have a world class twin-channel rock & roll valve amp there, and a guitar fitted with an excellent hot pickup. If I were you I would ditch the GT3 and experiment with just the guitar and the Marshall. I am sure the sounds you are after are in there. And you've got two channels for your rhythm/lead sounds. Once you have got your basic guitar/amp tone you can always add a stomp box or two for delay or chorus or whatever. But make the effects the icing on the guitar/amp cake. I have recently reverted to just using my Gibson and Marshall after a few years of plugging a multi effects unit in between. I'd forgotten how good simplicity sounds! It's a liberating experience, and there's less to trip over when you're gigging! Best Wishes.

White socks rule!

I'm thinking about getting a new amp.My small band wants to start playing bars and parties so we gotta sound good. Do think I should get a Marshall amp? We play Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, the beatles, Nirvana and classic rock kind of songs.How big should my amp be anyway?I'm a jobless 16 year old so I can't just buy anything.

Re: White socks rule!

Mesa boogie or Soldano!!!!!!!!! Nuff said...Buy it once spend the cash and have it forever!!!!

what size allen wrench fits the bridge area of a strat.

i lost the little wrench for my strat and need to know what size i should get.

FENDER PROSONIC AMP

Hi, im in a hard rock/metal band and am looking for a new amp. I was thinking about the fender prosonic, i know it sounds wierd for my music but i really prefere fender cleans etc. I want some input and advice about this amp and any other help. Thanx alot and i really appreciate your input.

ps. i hear these baby's are discontinued, can i still find one?

Re: FENDER PROSONIC AMP

I just got one a few days ago...

It doesn't have typical fender cleans at all. It DOES have massive amounts of gain and distortion tones to die for. The cleans are full and rich, not squeaky clean. If you're looking for classic Fender cleans, you won't get it from a Prosonic. It's still good though, very smooth and involving. Sorta like a cross between a Bassman and a Vox, dark and buttery. You can dial in lots of sparkle, but then the gain will sound really harsh and trebly. They share EQ so you have to compromise.

The drive channel can do anything from mild crunch up to (and beyond) the highest of high gain. Seething gobs of gain, it's almost crazy. It's not very tight in the low end, but it has a nice blooming attack and is really easy to play and sustains for days.

They're discontinued but can be found for $600 or less if you look around.

: Hi, im in a hard rock/metal band and am looking for a new amp. I was thinking about the fender prosonic, i know it sounds wierd for my music but i really prefere fender cleans etc. I want some input and advice about this amp and any other help. Thanx alot and i really appreciate your input.

: ps. i hear these baby's are discontinued, can i still find one?

I still have one, it is red and not used because I have a pair.

: Hi, im in a shitty powermetalbajs band and am looking for a new amp. I was thinking about the fender prosonic, i know it sounds wierd for my music but i really prefere fender cleans etc. I want some input and advice about this amp and any other help. Thanx alot and i really appreciate your input.

: : Hi, im in a shitty powermetalbajs band and am looking for a new amp. I was thinking about the fender prosonic, i know it sounds wierd for my music but i really prefere fender cleans etc. I want some input and advice about this amp and any other help. Thanx alot and i really appreciate your input.

: : ps. i hear these baby's are discontinued, can i still find on?

I HAVE A FENDER PROSONIC AMP. THE SOUND IS GREAT IT IS LIKE NEW, GREAT WORKING AND COSMETIC CONDITIONS. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED MY E-MAIL IS: LKNG4BARGAIN@YAHOO.COM
MAKE ME A REASONABLE OFFER AND WE'LL TAKE IT FROM THERE. THANKS

: Hi, im in a hard rock/metal band and am looking for a new amp. I was thinking about the fender prosonic, i know it sounds wierd for my music but i really prefere fender cleans etc. I want some input and advice about this amp and any other help. Thanx alot and i really appreciate your input.

HI, IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN ONE I HAVE IT.IT'S LIKE NEW, GREAT WORKING AND COSMETIC CONDITIONS. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED MAKE ME A REASONABLE OFFER. THE ITEM HAS BEEN TESTED, I ALSO PLAY IN A BAND AND I KNOW ABOUT SOUND QUALITY, SO IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR ONE LOOK NO FURTER. I COULD ALSO E-MAIL YOU SOME PICTURES SO YOU CAN SEE THE PRODUCT BEFORE TAKING THE NEXT STEP. I WILL BE WAITING FOR YOUR E-MAIL.THANK YOU MIGUEL

Framus tenor 67596 - H59

Can some one tell me something about it? Year etc,etc...........

FRAMUS

: Can some one tell me something about it? Year etc,etc...........

framus serial 40281

: : Can some one tell me something about it? Year etc,etc...........it's a small red classical guitar with the s shaped sound holes.

Do you know this guitar?

Do you know this guitar?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Do you know this guitar?

Fender Twin Reverb

Can anyone tell me wich speakers I need for my Fender Twin Reverb (1972).
I need a good sound for countrymusic, fat, clean and deep.
The sound of Brent Mason is my favorite

Please send my an answer by mail.

Regards,
Eppo Franken from Dordrecht (Netherlands)

Re: Fender Twin Reverb

The originals would be Utah's. A better replacement would be the Jensen C12 N.

Re: Fender Twin Reverb

: The originals would be Utah's. A better replacement would be the Jensen C12 N.
I am a good friend of Brent's and he use's vintage 30's in his twin but keep in mind that his is a blackface.Forget the utah's,the jensen c12n sounds good just run them through your home stereo before you install to "open them up"

1965 Fender deluxe Reverb

: hi i jus bought a fender deluxe reverb from 1965 it´s been modified, do you know which speaker woild be better for this amp? i´ve heard of the jensen c12n, do you think it is possible i could make a fx loop from this vintage amp??

Sigma DM-2 Inquiry

I have a Sigma acoustic guitar Model DM 2. Does anyone have any information on this guitar? I am looking for the value, description of the type of wood and anything else regarding it's history.

crestline guitars

crestline guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : crestline guitars

What year, what is it Hofner?

Hi, does anyone know what I have? It's a Hofner Bass with three extra controls (bass boost,3 position switch, on/off button)and a metal cover (possibly for 9v) on the bass side of the back. I don't see serial #s but it has a label on back of headstock saying Muskhaus B. Hummel "High fidelity" (address,phone#) Thank you Jon

Searching for the ultimate tone

I have a black face super reverb. It was put out by CBS. I think it's a 1st or 2nd year CBS. The Scheme is the same as the pre CBS. I am considering purchasing a custom shop Combo. Does anyone know which is the best for a good deal of stage volume with that beautiful fender pwr. amp distortion. I want to be able to turn my tele volume down for a beautiful clean sound, then for screaming distortion, turn the guitar up. (NO pedals or weenie master volume knobs) The fewer knobs the better! I would be interested in a Mod if I could achieve this goal but I think I need more power. A Super is only 50 watts. I would also trade my amp for an early twin or custom shop combo. My amp was bought from the Mastering Lab at A and M studios in Hollywood. Alan Yoshida can verify that. I just really need more wattage with basically the same tone.

Re: Searching for the ultimate tone

You are looking at the wrong brand, i looked for an amp for years that had a great violin like sustain on the dirty channel and a warm clean sound that was real extreme in it;s frequency range. I had a 1963 fender bassman tiltback, that was ok. i waled innto a used guitar store and started playing through a CRATe tube amp that has a cream colored tolex. I traded the Fender straight up for it. Crate tube amps are GREAT, I think mine is called a VINTAGE TUBE. i cang et sounds ranging from the old KUSTOM sound to a Marshall stack. I is a TUBE amp, not a hybrid or solid state

Re: Searching for the ultimate tone

Kurt,

I have a 65 super reverb re-issue, and I really like it alot. I used to have a twin reverb, but it was just too harsh for me. Pretty much, all blackface-era amps have similar circuitry, just different speaker and power arrangements. A twin has a similar tone to the super, but I prefer the super. Right now i am a/b 'ing into my super and also a jcm2000, but I hope to get some type of eric johnson setup going (he uses two deluxes, and two marshall 50 watt dual super leads). You should check out a vibro-king from fender custom shop and see what you think.

good luck
andrew

mods

Who is the best at modifying an old fender to give it more versitility. I would love my Super reverb to have a hint of that tight Matchless amp distortion. ( NO master volume) If any one has experience (positive) on Fender Mods, Please e-mail me at krmoss@hotmail. I would be very grateful!

Rock GUitar

I am getting a job regarding the Guitar,Audio,Sound system,all about the music

guitar tracks 2 crack needed!!!!

Please, I need a crack for "guitar tracks 2" software...
anybody can help me? i didn't find it in the astalavista.box.sk site!

Re: guitar tracks 2 crack needed!!!!

I need it too!!! If anyone knows how to get the full version, would you be so kind to mail me?
Thanx in advance

Re: guitar tracks 2 crack needed!!!!

: Please, I need a crack for "guitar tracks 2" software...
: anybody can help me? i didn't find it in the astalavista.box.sk site!
8DSXKHD3

Guitar valuation?

I'm looking to sell my guitar, a 20yr old (mint condition) 'Ibanez AE400' and have no idea of what sort of price I should be thinking of asking for it. Can anyone advise
Cheers

Re: Guitar valuation?

I need to get a valuation on my guitar for insurance purposes.It is a U.S. gibson flying V In tranlucent red.Serial No. 90690756 Thankyou.

Action on strat

my brother just got a new strat(mexican) and it turns out that he liked my neck and i liked his so we switched. When i put the new neck on my guitar it buzzed like crazy so i raised the saddles. That work pretty good but the buzz was still there. so i turned the truss rod more concave and the buzz is gone, but it plays out of tune very noticeably i was wondering if there is anything i can do to get it to play in tune and not buzz.

Re: Action on strat

The Neck on a guitar should really only be changed on a brand new guitar that has never been strung, in my experiance. As the neck adjusts to the stringtension and is handled it becomes mated to the rest of the guitar. If you are having an action problem, the smartest thing to do would probably be best to just switch the necks back. Just my opinion, take it for whatever, if anything, it might be worth.

You will need to set the "intonation". NT

: my brother just got a new strat(mexican) and it turns out that he liked my neck and i liked his so we switched. When i put the new neck on my guitar it buzzed like crazy so i raised the saddles. That work pretty good but the buzz was still there. so i turned the truss rod more concave and the buzz is gone, but it plays out of tune very noticeably i was wondering if there is anything i can do to get it to play in tune and not buzz.

looking for a lefty flying v

hi.im looking for a lefty flying v or other wild shaped guitar.are there any floating around?

Re: looking for a lefty flying v

Hey guess what, I have a flying V, but its mine, haha

A GOOD HARD ROCK/METAL AMP

Hi, im looking for a new amp for hard rock and metal playing. I prefer a head and cab. I play in a band and my other guitarist has a marshall tsl100 head and cab. i was looking at the marshall 1959 SLP, fender twin, Fender HOt Rod deville (i know, i like the clean sounds though), line 6 Flextone II, or a mesa boogie (either a rectifier or heartbreaker-used of course), also i was looking at the Fender Prosonic which i hear is great. IF any one has any info or advice, or any new amps, it would be greatly appreciated. THanx
Chris

HOHNER MC05

HELLO.
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT SECONDHAND, A HOHNER MCO5.
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT PLEASE?
eg.U.K. PRICE, ARE THEY STILL AVAILABLE,ETC.
ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
CHEERS...JOHN
E-MAIL=JRG3@BUSHINTERNET.COM
25th NOV.2001

Re: HOHNER MC05

: HELLO.
: I HAVE JUST BOUGHT SECONDHAND, A HOHNER MCO5.
: DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT PLEASE?
: eg.U.K. PRICE, ARE THEY STILL AVAILABLE,ETC.
: ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
: CHEERS...JOHN
: E-MAIL=JRG3@BUSHINTERNET.COM
: 25th NOV.2001

yes they are still available as i bought one last week
if you need any more information about them write to hohner ltd bedwas house industrial estate, bedwas, newport gwent, np1-8xq

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.