Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Mosrite stereo bass guitar

I,ve got a Mosrite stereo bass, serial # AB0041.
It,s not a ventures model. Can anyone help me figure
out the model and about when it was made? On the headstock
it says Mostite of California USA by Semie Moseley.

help me please!

i have an ibanez guitar but the wires in the back are all disconected. if anyone knows whre ach one goes please contact me. thank you

POD vs V-Amp vs Genesis3

I'm currently thinking about purchasing either POD 2.0 (Line6), V-Amp (Behringer) or Genesis3 (DigiTech). Anyone have any opinions as to what the best product is? Thanx.

Re: POD vs V-Amp vs Genesis3

POD... all the way, for that matter get a Flextone II-XL, and have it all in one 'package'.

: I'm currently thinking about purchasing either POD 2.0 (Line6), V-Amp (Behringer) or Genesis3 (DigiTech). Anyone have any opinions as to what the best product is? Thanx.

Have tried the pod and the V-amp. For me the V-amp his winner.

hi to all the guitar players around the world. Im also one of u but from south east asia--here we dont have the opportunity to experiment with different products becoz of the price & availabilty-Im looking forward to buy -either behringer V amp 2 or POD2 --1st will be better for my pocket-but im kinda confused if i get overclevered by myself--plz help me can i substitute POD with the V amp 2? one more question whats the difference between the Vamp 2 and the Vamp pro?i can manage the pro --if it gives me some extra quiality tones?

: I'm currently thinking about purchasing either POD 2.0 (Line6), V-Amp (Behringer) or Genesis3 (DigiTech). Anyone have any opinions as to what the best product is? Thanx.

Ive tested out the behringer V-amp 2, and the Pod Xt pretty much side by side and im all for the V-amp. The pod as some very very nice clean tones, but as soon as i hit the distortion on it, it was much much too fuzzy and fake for me. Although, with both products you can customize it so much that it becomes exactly what you were looking for. When you break it all down, theyre the same. So go with the one thats easier on the wallet, its what i did, and i havent regretted it since.
(this review is based on the v-amp 2, which has equal amount of amp featuers as its pod equivalent)

ANYONE SELLING EFFECTS?

hi. im looking for some new "toys"[guitar effects]. anyone selling? im pretty much open as to what im looking for. preferrably something i cant just go to my local Guitar Center to buy. so oddball/whacky would be best. just a few things i was looking for[tho im NOT limited to]: TREMOLO[possibly demeter tremulator or cesar diaz tremodillo or with an expression pedal], PHASOR[i have a small stone but am looking for something with an expression pedal], ENVELOPE FILTER, WAH, COMP, etc. again, im open to anything and everything. please email me with whatever you might have! thanks. regards, victor
major_thom@hotmail.com

Re: ANYONE SELLING EFFECTS?

I have the Tremodillo for sale $185 Email for detals

My trini Lopez guitar.

I have a 1964 Trini Lopez. The original neck got broke on it somes back, and a friend of mine in Minnesota put a new neck on it. I wonder how much I should ask for it? It's in perfect condition. Please get back to meASAP. Sincerely, Leslie Puttkammer

pink floyd amp settings

i have a Danelectro Hearsay and a little Peavey Blazer 158 and i dig the Pink Floyd. anyone have any ideas for tones i can recreate for solos like comfortably numb and mother and stuff. pickups are danelectro factory still. also, if i got new ones for xmas, what kind should i ask for. thanks

Re: pink floyd amp settings

does anybody know what setting tou use to get the lead guitar sound on "shine on you crazy diamond"??? thanx paul

mark

it's cool

flute & guitar

dear friends
I would be so gratefullif you advise me where can I fine some scores for flute and guitar.
tanx

Led Zepp.... Stairway to Heaven NT

:
: dear friends
: I would be so gratefullif you advise me where can I fine some scores for flute and guitar.
: tanx

Led Zepp.... Stairway to Heaven NT

:
: dear friends
: I would be so gratefullif you advise me where can I fine some scores for flute and guitar.
: tanx

Re: Led Zepp.... Stairway to Heaven NT

: :
: : dear friends
: : I would be so gratefullif you advise me where can I fine some scores for flute and guitar.
: : tanx

Re: Led Zepp.... Stairway to Heaven NT

: : :
: : : dear friends
: : : I would be so gratefullif you advise me where can I fine some scores for flute and guitar.
: : : tanx
Iam sorry,iam not speak englisch, please score for clasic guitar starway to heawen }led zeppelin but note flute with guitar thank you

i need help finding the right acoustic guitar for me

hi everyone,
after months of good thought i have finally decided to pick up guitar, and i have decided that i would like to play an acoutic guitar. as of right now, however, thats about all i have decided. I need to find the right guitar for me. I play the piano as of now, and i am a pretty accomplished pianist. I know music very well, so picking up the guitar would be easier for me than for someone who knows nothing about music. (correct me if i am wrong) I want a good acoustic guitar because I know that I will stick with it. my price range goes up to about $500 dollars. i cant afford anything more than that. I was wondering if anybody had some suggestions on a brand of acoustic guitar or even a specific model that plays well and fits in this price range. right now i love the Dave Matthews Band, and I also like David Gray, Eric Clapton,and many other artists and bands along those likes. so i would like a guitar that has a similar sound and tone as the guitars that are played by the artists above. also i was wondering if someone could answer the question as what are the different guitar sizes (dreadnought, jumbo, grand auditorium or whatever, and all of the others) and what do they mean has far as sound, playabilty, etc. what is the most popular size? and what is the best size in your opinion? i know this is a lot of questions, and i would greatly greatly appreciate of any of you guys could answer them

thank you very much,
Tim

Re: i need help finding the right acoustic guitar for me

Hi Tim.
I'd suggest the Taylor Big Baby. It is superbly made, easy to play and sounds very good. As a first guitar, it would be an excellent choice. Check out Harmony Central's guitar database and read what owners of this guitar think.

Thank you very much Mick! I will definitly give that guitar a good look. I just have a couple more questions if yo dont mind. I have heard that Taylor makes an excellent guitar that many professionals use, so i ruled Taylor as probably way too pricey more my budget. apparently i was wrong, i saw some Big Babies for under $400. My question is, are there any other guitars made by taylor that are under $500? also, i am a fairly big person,at least hieghtwise. i am 6'3" or 6'4", and weight about 190 lbs. or so. what is the size of the Big Baby, and is it big enough for my body? Judging from the name "Baby" I was wondering if this meant that it is a smaller guitar? I'm just curious. anyways, thank you Mick and best regards,

Tim

The next guitar up in the Taylor range is the all solid 310. If you look on ebay, you MAY get one for $500. They cost more like 1000 ( I think ). I'm in the UK and they're 800 pounds here.
The Big Baby is 15/16's the size of an adult sized guitar. It doesn't make a noticeable difference Tim. Try one . You won't be disappointed. Good luck.

Marshall Half Stack for sale in Atlanta

I am selling a 1979 Marshall JMP 50 Watt head with a 1978 Marshall 1960B speaker cabinet that has the original Celestion Greenback speakers. I put in new power tubes 30 months ago, and I have another pair of tubes ready to go in. They are Svetlana EL-34's. I am asking $1200 for both the head and speaker cabinet. E-mail me for pictures and any other information you may need.

guitarjoe@earthlink.net

Re: Marshall Half Stack for sale in Atlanta

: I am selling a 1979 Marshall JMP 50 Watt head with a 1978 Marshall 1960B speaker cabinet that has the original Celestion Greenback speakers. I put in new power tubes 30 months ago, and I have another pair of tubes ready to go in. They are Svetlana EL-34's. I am asking $1200 for both the head and speaker cabinet. E-mail me for pictures and any other information you may need.

: guitarjoe@earthlink.net

THIS HAS BEEN SOLD!

Re: Marshall Half Stack for sale in Atlanta

Can youu post me the picture of the amp and speaker cabinet.I'm interested to know.

: I am selling a 1979 Marshall JMP 50 Watt head with a 1978 Marshall 1960B speaker cabinet that has the original Celestion Greenback speakers. I put in new power tubes 30 months ago, and I have another pair of tubes ready to go in. They are Svetlana EL-34's. I am asking $1200 for both the head and speaker cabinet. E-mail me for pictures and any other information you may need.

: guitarjoe@earthlink.net

Amps

Regarding the amp ( or amps ) that Chet Atkins used during his career. Does anyone know the amps Chet used when he plugged his Gretches and later his Gibson Country Gentleman ? For lack of better description his tone was unique and had what I would characterize as an almost "organ" type of " grainy " tone to it.

Amps

Regarding the amp ( or amps ) that Chet Atkins used during his career. Does anyone know the amps Chet used when he plugged his Gretches and later his Gibson Country Gentleman ? For lack of better description his tone was unique and had what I would characterize as an almost "organ" type of " grainy " tone to it.

Amps

Re: Amps

Hmm.Not sure...I think those guys used "cranked" Fenders most of the time.

need manual for boss me10 effects unit

need manual for boss me10 effects unit

This popular thread has been given its own page : need manual for boss me10 effects unit

A first guitar

Hey all,
I would like to buy a guitar and learn to play. I don't know where to start. I have up to 2,000 to spend for the right setup. Is it best to start with an acoustic, an electric, or an electric-acoustic?Any help would be appreciated.

A first guitar

start off with something cheap- you don't need so much sound quality when you start and if you give up guitar after a while you'll have wasted your money.
if you want to strum chords, get acoustic, if you want to pick or play ,blues, metal, rock etc get an electric. Personally i wouldn't get an electro-acoustic, are expensive and sound quality is not good.
Check out those package deals you can find sometimes, i had one of them with an amp, guitar, leads, plectrum etc, and they are great to start with.
Check out basic ranges such as Hohner Rockwood, Aria MAC, Epiphone Gibson, Fender Squire and Strat series, Burns, Tanglewood, for electric and anything under about £150 for acoustic. If you have a friend who knows about guitars, get them to go with you as they can advise. Buying second hand can save you money but you may be ripped off or be sold something smashed up.

Re: A first guitar

:The best advice i can give you, is:
1.Make sure (if buying an electric) it is NOT made out of plywood (hardwood, solid wood, are the usual discriptions for it in catologs).Make sure it is made of maple, mohogany, agathis, ash, basswood.
2. For a beginer, make sure the guitar does NOT have a tremelo. When lerning to play, the last thing you need to worry aboutis trying to keep a floating tremelo in tune. A tune-o-matic bridge is best and easy to find.
3. When you find a guitar, take it into the music store with you to find an amp. This will clearly be your tastes. I find a good solid state amp, with a 12' speaker is great for beginers. A tube amp is an investment you want to make if you realy grow a desire to play for a long time, but they are very expensive.
4. Use the thickest chords, and Patch chords you can find. The cheap skinny chords they try to get rid of in music stores, short out too easily, and are not worth the head ache.
5. Lastly, keep an open mind when hearing other music. Dont get locked into just blues or metal or country. Try to also listen to music that doesnt have guitars in them.
Good luck at the music stores, and with your budget, you can afford to be picky.

how can i learn to play guitar,? can you suggest me some sites ? i am just a beginer .

: :The best advice i can give you, is:
: 1.Make sure (if buying an electric) it is NOT made out of plywood (hardwood, solid wood, are the usual discriptions for it in catologs).Make sure it is made of maple, mohogany, agathis, ash, basswood.
: 2. For a beginer, make sure the <B style="color:black;background-color:#99ff99">guitar</B> does NOT have a tremelo. When <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">lerning</B> to <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">play</B>, the last thing you need to worry aboutis trying to keep a floating tremelo in tune. A tune-o-matic bridge is best and easy to find.
: 3. When you find a <B style="color:black;background-color:#99ff99">guitar</B>, take it into the music store with you to find an amp. This will clearly be your tastes. I find a good solid state amp, with a 12' speaker is great for beginers. A tube amp is an investment you want to make if you realy grow a desire to <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">play</B> for a long time, but they are very expensive.
: 4. Use the thickest chords, and Patch chords you can find. The cheap skinny chords they try to get rid of in music stores, short out too easily, and are not worth the head ache.
: 5. Lastly, keep an open mind when hearing other music. Dont get locked into just blues or metal or country. Try to also listen to music that doesnt have guitars in them.
: Good luck at the music stores, and with your budget, you can afford to be picky.

I need to know who made the first guitar where at did he/or she make the guitar at and what month and year.
i would greastly apperciate it if you can get back to me.

Sincerly,
Marla B.

: start off with some cheap- you need so much sound quality when you start and if you give up guitar after a while you wouldnt have wasted your money
: if you want to strum , get acoustic, if you want to pick electric. Personally i would get an electro-acoustic, expensive and sound quality is good.
: Check out those package deals you can find sometimes, i had one of them with an guitar they are great to start with.

modify fender jaguar

Hi, I'd like to know if anyone has modified his jaguar
cause my pickus are microphonic, and they were also not too stong, I mean, they had not too much volume, so I don't want to buy another jaguar pickups, and buy two single coil pickups that fit in the jaguar, and that they make it sound a bit louder. I thought about lace sensors or seymour duncan vintage stagered. Help will be appreciate because i have not too much idea about pickups. thanx

My Fender Duo-Sonic

I have a Fender Duo Sonic I want to trade for another guitar, I don't want to get ripped off though. Can anyone tell me how to find out my guitar's worth?

Re: My Fender Duo-Sonic

: if its a fender mexican 90's reissue its worth about 100 quid. if its a american 60's one it could be worth 10 times that

i just got a fender duo sonic and was wondeirng if anyone had pick ups , and a pick guard that were willing to sell ? i need those things so get back to me

ben

: i just got a fender duo sonic and was wondeirng if anyone had pick ups , and a pick guard that were willing to sell ? i need those things so get back to me

: ben

Hello Ben,I got my duo-sonic a few years back,when they
brought them back for a few years.It has been a great little guitar.As far as pick-ups go,I'm using the original ones that came with it.You may want to check E-bay.I think you'll be impressed by the guitar.I hope this helpa a little. John

: : i just got a fender duo sonic and was wondeirng if anyone had pick ups , and a pick guard that were willing to sell ? i need those things so get back to me

: : ben

: Hello Ben,I got my duo-sonic a few years back,when they
: brought them back for a few years.It has been a great little guitar.As far as pick-ups go,I'm using the original ones that came with it.You may want to check E-bay.I think you'll be impressed by the guitar.I hope this helpa a little. John

HEY GUYS i got my fender duo-sonic from my dad. I am 15 and i just started playing. My friend is going to teach me. How good is a FENDER duo-sonic?

What is the best bedal for pun rock???

I need help to find a good ´pedal to play like Green Day, Ramones, Blink 182, NOFX, Bad religion....
please help me

Re: What is the best bedal for pun rock???

: I need help to find a good ´pedal to play like Green Day, Ramones, Blink 182, NOFX, Bad religion....
: please help me

Try one of those orange stomp boxes (Boss DS-1). That's what I always used for punk. If you
crank up the gain on your amp and stomp on the stomp box you get this outrageous
distortion with lots of sustain. And it sounds pretty close to the original punk sound from
back in the seventies. It's pretty noisy though--that's the only drawback.

i use a DOD grunge pedal. it sounds pretty good and it only costs like 20 bucks. the only thing wrong with mine is it picks up radio signals sometimes.

I havea DoD Grunge padal too.I think it's pretty good for punk rawk, but the only problem I'm having is there're TOO many feedback.Any suggustions?

I want my old guitar back

My first guitar was a SG replica Kay. I know that they are not worth anything. Still, I would like to have one again. I will pay $100.00 dollars American. + shipping&handling. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Re: I want my old guitar back

check harmony central.com classifides, post a wanted add.

: My first guitar was a SG replica Kay. I know that they are not worth anything. Still, I would like to have one again. I will pay $100.00 dollars American. + shipping&handling. If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Guitar notes!!!!!!!!!

Will u be able to give me the cords and the writen music to these songs please.,
Travis - Writing to reach you
Lightning Seeds - waiting for today to happen
Thank you v much. e-mail me as soon as poss.
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.