Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Acords for Metallica

: Please I wnt acords for Metallica`s song nothing else matters
: Write me on diuretan@supersrbija.com

metal amps

what would be the best amp for a metallica-like sound my amp at the moment sounds like shit and i was wondering if someone could tell me a good brand and the price

Re: metal amps

Want METAL? Get Marshall!!!!

lets see, if you want to have the metal sound like Metallica does then why dont u get the type of amp they have?~~~~ Mesa/Boogie!! They are great!

yeah man mesa's are wicked amps, but they cost a shitload. if u short on cash get a laney, they sounds a lot more searing thatn marshals. I dont like marshals, they not realy all that alive.

If you want that crunchy Metallica sound try a squire 10W amp. Thats what i use for the real Kirk Hammet sound. You will have to mess with the settings a bit , but it's worth it

I think you've got problems.......a Squire 10W???? What's worse than that, you hear shit with that.

: If you want that crunchy Metallica sound try a squire 10W amp. Thats what i use for the real Kirk Hammet sound. You will have to mess with the settings a bit , but it's worth it

If you want a Metallica-like sound, just buy a POD, it gives you a Mesa Boogie sound and a Marshall sound and many more in just one box! It kicks ass......and it costs only $250 and you could hook it up into your computer.

marshals are for a smooth crunch sound, or early metal, acdc
mesa or thd pitbull

I would have to agree with Donny about the Squire amp. I have one that I gig with and we play a lot of Metallica. I'm not sure but I think Kirk Hammet used one on most of Master of Puppets.

GRETSCH WHITE FALCON

my uncle left me one of these in his will. i painted it black because i didn't like the colour. how much do you think it's worth ? i want a flying v instead. this thing looks too old fashioned.

Re: GRETSCH WHITE FALCON

Way to go. You just ruined a very expensive guitar !

: Way to go. You just ruined a very expensive guitar !

Ill swap you a tokai flying V for it
I might be able to save it

Yes, you did ruin a R E A L L Y expensive guitar. I just saw another White Falcon at auction and it was going for over $15,000. Live and learn.

hey darren,
the bad news, untouched; you could have gotten a few flying v's or explorers out of that one white falcon.
the good news- well, if you'd like i have a few friends in various guitar shops in ny, pa, mass and maine that ususally have nice new and used v's in stock. please email me and perhaps i can help you find a v you dig. please let me know if you have photos of the guitar in it's original state and the way it is now.
i'll find you sonething cool if you'd like to trade or sell.

cheers,
mack
deluxemeat@yahoo.com

I think this guy is just taking the piss to wind Gretsch lovers up. However if it were to be true then a trip to a shrink would be in order!!!

Guitar Branding

I'm looking for info on guitar branding.is it ethical for the corporate business to buy up manufacturers with a reputation for, say hand made guitars and use the ready made brand identity to promote new products that are not hand-made. example: gibson has moved away from traditional methods to high tec methods making the old gibson brands.

I'm writing a dissertation for my degree on product branding with an interest toward the guitar manufacturers.

Rob

come on guys!!

come on, i seriously gotta know what kind of pickups to get for my Danelectro to get a good soloing sound for pink floyd songs. if i want some for xmas i gotta ask soon yo.

Re: come on guys!!

:The best pickups for you guitar are Seymore Duncan Duckbuckers. They already fit into single coil slots, and have NO hum. They are loud, clear, and punchy. They do not squeal, or sound nasal. The tone is absolutely PURE. The only other way is to get EMG David Gilmore setup. Yes, it is the same set-up he uses, but it already comes in a pearloid pickguard.
I hope this was helpful. Good luck!

Re: come on guys!!

: come on, i seriously gotta know what kind of pickups to get for my Danelectro to get a good soloing sound for pink floyd songs. if i want some for xmas i gotta ask soon yo.

hi hav u got pics please reply

bought ESP M-250-has floyd Rose Licsenced bridge-hard to keep in tune?

This guitar is for somewhat of a beginner and after A few things I have heard, I am now afraid its going to be a nightmare to tune. This thing isnt going to have to be tuned everytime its played is it? I am pretty sure it has the locking nut on it. Can this particular Tremelo be modded or upgraded fairly easily? I heard the licensed one is
The cheaper version and can be very problematic. Other than that this is supposed to be a great guitar for metal. Plus it was only $270 new.

Re: bought ESP M-250-has floyd Rose Licsenced bridge-hard to keep in tune?

:The guitar is a good guitar, but the floyd needs to be replaced with an actaul Floyd rose, by a profesional. There are a few good ways to get rid of the tuning problems. First, make sure your bridge locking inserts, are clamped as tight as possible, and make sure thefine tuner screws are set about halfway, when you are tuning from the actual tuning pegs (without the nut locked). When in tune, lock the nut, and make sure it is locked as tight as possible. Then fine tune. The main problem with the lic. Floyd's are , that the parts are NOT tempered, or heated. The original Floyd's are. To get good insight on trems and instalations, go to WWW. EDROMANGUITARS.com. You will be on there for days, but check his business, you wont be disapointed, and he wont rip you off. Good luck.

Re: bought ESP M-250-has floyd Rose Licsenced bridge-hard to keep in tune?

Go with the original Floyd Rose or a Schaller (they make the oriiginal Floyds)...Ed Roman's site is informative but he is a DICKHEAD who is narrow minded

information for a beginner

Do you have any information for a beginner Gutarist?

I would like some help in puchasing an acoustic

I need some guidance in purchasing a guitar for my father in law. I am really unept in guitar styles, brands, models, etc....

Could someone help me pick the "perfect" acoustic for my father in law?

I am looking in the price range of $400.00 to $600.00.

Your response is appreciated.

Becca

Re: I would like some help in puchasing an acoustic

Seagulls are really nice guitars, I bet if you work at it you will get it in the price range.

Les Paul wiring problem

Les Paul wiring problem

This popular thread has been given its own page : Les Paul wiring problem

sound optimization

hi all,

enclosed please find some information about my activities.

for details <a href='http://www.vintage-bass.com/Specials/Institute_of_applied_acoustics/institute_of_applied_acoustics.html' target='_blank'>click here.</a>

thank in advance

emil

institut für angewandte akustik - ifa
voice:+49 6104 923576 o.75 fax: 77
internetVoice & Fax: +49 40 3603 115 581
emilo@bigfoot.de

Jedson guitar

Jedson guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Jedson guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.