Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: action

: how do you set up the action

I presume you're talking about string height, neck adjustment, etc.?

Check out my guitar tips at:

http://members.home.net/wilkatguitars/

You should the details you're looking for.

Later, Bill

rolandGK2 -2A

wanted!! schematic roland GK-2A guitar midi interface
controller! thanks,and greetings from Aris in the
netherlands

Guitars

I have a squire Stratacaster is that a good one. Please E-mail me

johnson guitars

does johnson make good guitars? my friend told me they're really junky, but they're cheap so i want one. i just wanted to get some more people's opinions.

Re: johnson guitars

I have a Johnsson Dobro.
Exellent player and cheap.
http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_images/74/slide_man.html

I have a Johnson Dreadnaught Guitar JG-625-N. I baught it from my cousin for 20$. How much do they go for?

Yes they are very good. I have the Thin-body w/ 4-band EQ. It sounds really great. It is the Best guitar i have every played. I suggest getting one.

The question about johnson guitars was answered for me a few days ago.I work in a professional studio one of the guys had forgotten his bass we were able to borrow a johnson from the local store it was they brought it in with the price tag on it 149.00 I said no way ,but there was a way,it was incredible,that bass was played on some sound trax that we recreate for a very large dist.I played a 5 string a few days ago,I have played alot of bass guitars that were way expensive and could not close to the feel of that neck and chording it was a pleasure instead of a task,for the price I don't believe you can get any better for pro or beginner.

: The question about johnson guitars was answered for me a few days ago.I work in a professional studio one of the guys had forgotten his bass we were able to borrow a johnson from the local store they brought it in with the price tag on it 149.00 I said no way ,but there was a way,it was incredible,that bass was played on some sound trax that we recreate for a very large dist.I played a 5 string a few days ago,I have played alot of bass guitars that were way expensive and could not come close to the feel of that neck and chording it was a pleasure instead of a task,for the price I don't believe you can get any better for pro or beginner.

archtop acoustic guitar circa 1930--- 1960

Lion image on head stock know it dates back between 1930---1960 era light brown in color presumed it to be a silvertone or kay will provide picture if needed
please help identify this guitar

YAIRI GAKKI LTD.

YAIRI GAKKI LTD.

This popular thread has been given its own page : YAIRI GAKKI LTD.

Bass Guitar Shops Melbourne

Help
I'm coming over to Melbourne for a short trip next week and want to take a look at some bass guitars etc.
Whats the best shop in town.
Sean

Re: Bass Guitar Shops Melbourne

: Help
: I'm coming over to Melbourne for a short trip next week and want to take a look at some bass guitars etc.
: Whats the best shop in town.
: Sean
Im not going there but to look, thank you

Re: Bass Guitar Shops Melbourne

I am beginning the bass guitar in my spare time and am looking for a shop to sell me one for under $100 in the eastern suburbs of melbourne. thanks xoxo

need adress from charvell company

hello from steinburg !
can somebody tell me the web adress from charvell-guitars ?

grü - tze
beilfuss

Re: Its CHARVEL.

Try www.jacksonguitars.com
Maybe someone there can help you further.
Also, do a web search for Wayne Charvel, after all that is the guy's name.
Hope this helps. Later.

charvel journeyman

how much for a charvel "journeyman" without all the fancy paint job. just bright red w/black hardware & 1 stacked humbucker jb (neck) 1 reg. jb humbuckers (bridge), and san dimas neck.

: Also, do a web search for Wayne Charvel, after all that is the guy's name.
: Hope this helps. Later.

sunhouse tabs?????????

i am looking for sunhouse tabs can any1 help me??????

Re: sunhouse tabs?????????

:
: i am looking for sunhouse tabs can any1 help me??????

: : Me too... Sunhouse are the best band that never made it... I need help too, any luck?

: : i am looking for sunhouse tabs can any1 help me??????

found it

http://www.thetabworld.com/Sunhouse_guitar_chords.html

Building an acoustic guitar preamplifier

I intend to built it by myself. If you know about some schematic, please contact me.

Re: Building an acoustic guitar preamplifier

: I intend to built it by myself. If you know about some schematic, please contact me.

Re: Building an acoustic guitar preamplifier

: : I intend to built it by myself. If you know about some schematic guitar preamplifier, please contact me.
thanks.

Distortion/feedback issues please help! :-\

ok i have an esp f-200, and im running a Peavy Butcher 100w tube head and a randal cab with 4 75 8 ohm celestions. now im also running to a metal zone as well because i wanna just get some insane heavy sound.
now me and my drummer are playing in his garage, and im sure the half stack shoould be loud to play with or over the drums. im running to a metal zone as well, but the thing is i get so much god damn feedback in there, but when i plug staright through amp distortion i get barely any feedback and it is loud as hell! BUT! the distortion doesnt have any crunch or power, has no power behind it, sounds wimpy. i wanna know, is it good to use a distortion pedal with a guitar that has active pickups, or is it best to use amp distortion? and if its amp distortion how can i get the amp distortion to gimme more chunck? any recommendations on what i should get? maybe the metal zone isnt a good pedal with my guitar? or i dunno someone help. also can it be the way we are set up in the garage? i get way too much feedback in there, especially with this guitar. ok thnx.....

Re: Distortion/feedback issues please help! :-\

mate if youve got a gain level on your clean channel (the one you use with the pedal) turn that all the way down, crank up the level and then turn the gain up to boot. To get a more metal sound out of your amp, crank the mid all the way down, and plenty of bass and top end. Active pick ups kick arse with amp drive, coz they pump more signal in. Its probly not a pedal problem. It your amp is more than, say 12 months old you might need to replace the pre-amp tubes (12ax7's), and maybe the power tubes (6L6gc's). Sovtek are pretty cheap and hef a mad sounds. Hope this helps bro

Re: Distortion/feedback issues please help! :-\

hey buddy thnx man im gonna give it a try! :D

help me please

I dont know much about bass guitars but i am looking for one and an amp to go with it but i can only spend about £150 do u have n e recomendation thanx

Re: help me please

have a look around at musiciansfriend.com, you'll find something under 150

Power Acords---------------help and write me!!!!!!

Please help me!How can i get "Power Acords"on my guitar??????
Please describe it!Thanks and sorry for my bad english,Steve!

Re: Power Acords---------------help and write me!!!!!!

: Please help me!How can i get "Power Acords"on my guitar??????
: Please describe it!Thanks and sorry for my bad english,Steve!

go to www.tabcrawler.com and look under 'heavy metal lesson' and see if it helps

Tom Petty tabs

Hey you guys out there. Does anybody of you know, where I can find the tabulature picking of that song from Tom Petty, whitch is called Angel Dream?

Re: Tom Petty tabs

Goto TABCRAWLER.COM or GUITARTABS.CC

Floyd Rose Locking Problem!

Rite a friend of mine got a stagemaster not to long ago, he decided he needed new strings, he didnt know much about the floyd rose locking system. So he de-stringed the entrie thing, now the locks for the strings have sunk down and are in-accessible unless u left them up!!

How do u fix this?

Thanx alot, e-mail me please

30 fret classical guitar

Does anyone out there know? Why someone would have a classical 19 fret guitar reworked to be a 30 fret instrument. I recently aquired a S. YAIRI beutiful instrument that this was done to, and am having one heck of a time bringing it into tune. Any information would be greatly appriciated..
Thanks,
George

Marshall T-Shirts

Marshall Amplification T-shirts on eBay.

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/electropulse/

weezer effect say it aint so

i have a digitech Rp-2000. can anyone want to give me sum tips on how i could get the sound from weezers' say it aint so (the clean stuff they do in the begining and through most of the song). id greatly appreciate it. If you have an RP2000 multieffects procesor, that would help, other wise, just gimme sum effects and setting i could mess with.

Who has an RP2000 by digitech.

lets compare custom presets like from bands and crap to make our sound best.

www.3d-guitars.com- feedback

Looking for feedback and comments on our new product.

Sigma GCR 7 (Martin copy)

I've got one I bought in 1971. Any idea what it's worth? I don't even know for certain that it's got a serial number on it....Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sigma GCR 7 (Martin copy)

I've got one I bought in 1971. Any idea what it's worth? I don't even know for certain that it's got a serial number on it....Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tom's destortion

ok, what type of distortion does Tom Delonge(Blink 182) use?

Re: tom's destortion

he gets his jack, sticks it in a big pile of shit
tom is the most over-rated guitarist of all time

Re: tom's destortion DUDE FUNNY HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

: he gets his jack, sticks it in a big pile of shit
: tom is the most over-rated guitarist of all time

Re: tom's destortion

MESA BOOGIE TRIPLE RECTIFIER.DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND BUY A TOOL RECORD.

G&L ASAT pick ups

My lovely asat special has way too much boom when played through either rhe old fender bandmaster or the little fender m80. has any one else had this problem and is the remedy only changing pick ups? And does anyone know where the hell phill lonergan of medford is?!

What do you call a stupid, dorky guitarist??

a GUITARD!!

Your chuckle for the day.

ETCHING ON GUITAR/REPAIR? info/help greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone!

im considering making a guitar purchase on a great used guitar.. here's the one flaw on the guitar tho.. as the seller put it, "someone has etched the name of a band on the face. It's hardly noticeable, easily repairable."

does anyone know what a repair on an "etching" on a guitar might be? ill assume that it was probably done w/ a razor, since "etching" seems to suggest such a scenario.

does anyone here have any idea what it might cost to repair such damage to the finish of a guitar? a rough estimate perhaps? it seems that it was an "attempt" to etch on the guitar.. so that the person didnt get very far if its "not very noticeable".. so maybe it wouldnt be that expensive? just thought someone might be able to provide some insight on this query.

if you could, please post here.. or preferrably email me at major_thom@hotmail.com or jonny_greenwood@yahoo.com

thank you.

regards,
VIC

Re: ETCHING ON GUITAR/REPAIR? info/help greatly appreciated!

How deep is it? I would suggest sanding it down with a light grade sandpaper ( like 600) then try buffing it.
If the guitar is really cool, get it anyways. You can always repaint it later on if what I said does not work. Oh, is it electric or acoustic?

Re: ETCHING ON GUITAR/REPAIR? info/help greatly appreciated!

: How deep is it? I would suggest sanding it down with a light grade sandpaper ( like 600) then try buffing it.
: If the guitar is really cool, get it anyways. You can always repaint it later on if what I said does not work. Oh, is it electric or acoustic?

The guitar is electric. Its a 90s model Gibson Les Paul Jr. Lite SE. The seller tells me that there is a light scratch on the surface.. he says he is the second owner of the guitar.. that he bought it in this condition.. and that its barely noticeable. it looks like someone tried to scratch a name into it with a blade of some sort. i havent seen the guitar yet. but i hope to by this weekend. thank you for the info so far :)

-VIC

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.