Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: me and you and a dog named boo

: does anyone know where I can find the chords for this song or can anyone tell me them? thanks

www.guntheranderson.com/v/data/meandyou.htm

Stereo to mono cable for ES 345

Stereo to mono cable for ES 345

This popular thread has been given its own page : Stereo to mono cable for ES 345

1947 gretch newyorker

i have 1947 gretch newyorker it's around that year my aunt bought after the war i would like to know about it the value and anything you could tell me about it inside the top f-hole in pencil is 475 mahalo mauirocks

guitar lessons

Hi.
I'm looking for a good video and audio guitar lessons.
david

PRS Clones

Hi,

Does anybody know who the Epiphone of Paul Reed Smith Guitars is? In other words: What is the best PRS Clone out there?
I've read some good story's about the Dillion DR500, but I don't remember ever seeing one.

Jonah

Re: PRS Clones

I just got a prs clone made by dillion i highly reccomend them I bought it for $400 US. U can tell that it doesnt play quite as good as a prs but it is an excellent value for hte quality id give it a 10 out a 10

1965 haundi? bass.original pearl white paint

i picked up this haundi bass for practically nothing....now a friend thinks it might be worth money.
the trouble is i can not find anything about it on the net....can anyone help

Re: 1965 haundi? bass.original pearl white paint

O.K...this is a HYUNDAI bass..i had the spelling wrong...if anyone knows anything about this bass, please let me know

why some white paint does not glow under a black light

i have to find this out for science for 2 A's

GILMOUR: vocoder or what else?

hi. does anybody knows what's the name of the "wah" tha gilmour (pink) uses to modulate the sound of the guitar with his mouth?
somebody told me it's called VOCODER... is it right?
help me please...

Tommaso

Re: GILMOUR: vocoder or what else?

Dude... its a talk box Rocktron makes one so does alot of othere companies! check it out

les paul studio

What is the difference between a studio and standard les paul?

you are my sunshine

does any body know the chords to "you are my sunshine" ????

Re: you are my sunshine

: does any body know the chords to "you are my sunshine" ????Its done in the key of G, use G, D7, G7, and C, if you need it written out e-mail me and I will be happy to send it to you.

Re: you are my sunshine

: does any body know the tab to "you are my sunshine" ????

please help! My fender blues deville amp picks up radio signals!!

Hi,

I own a tweed colored fender blues deville amp with two twelve inch speakers that was made in 1995 or 1996... the very last year that fender made the blues deville before it was replaced by the hot rod deville. Anyway it picks up a strong radio signal, unfortunately from the top 40 station. It used to only happen my wah or fuzz pedal was turned on, but that was at my old residence. Now it happens all the time. I would really like to know why this happens and what I can do to stop it from happening. It is almost impossible to play because I am competing with the volume of the top 40 station. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: please help! My fender blues deville amp picks up radio signals!!

Are you using a shielded instrument cable? If you aren't, that could be where your problem lies. Go buy one.

Nelsonic Les Paul Copy

I just received my Les Paul copy today from a Yahoo auction, just wanted to report for all of you who have been waiting to hear. I looked it over, looks good (no binding, but I think it looks better without it actuaully), plays nice, plugged into my Peavey Bandit, it sounds great. Overall I'm very happy with it, for $145, you can't beat it.

WANTED: esp kerry king v

i am looking to purchase an esp kerry king v.

Re: WANTED: esp kerry king v

: i am looking to purchase an esp kerry king v.

-jackson makes the king v. dumbass. $475 list cdn

: : i am looking to purchase an esp kerry king v.

: -jackson makes the king v. dumbass. $475 list cdn

The signature v costs over $1400 dumbass

ESP made a Kerry King signature V a few years ago. They stopped making them in '97 I think.

Here's the pics... dumbass
http://web.archive.org/web/19970703025541/www.espguitars.com/king.html

: : i am looking to purchase an esp kerry king v.

: -jackson makes the king v. dumbass. $475 list cdn

Yeah, Jackson makes the King V, but ESP made Kerry King's signature V a few years ago. Now B.C. Rich makes them. But ESP did in fact make Kerry's V... there was a black bolt-on one and a Red/Black Crackle neck-thru one.

He was talking about the ESP Kerry King signature model dipshit. Not the King V. Get your facts straight before you make asshole comments next time...

: i am looking to purchase an esp kerry king v.

bc rich makes not jackson or esp

they dont exist idiot

I MUST HAVE THE ONLY AMERICAN HMT TELE EVER MADE

If you know of any one who owns one of these contact me, i would like to know some history about them, like why are all the ones i find on the net made in japan and mine is american

Re: I MUST HAVE THE ONLY AMERICAN HMT TELE EVER MADE

: If you know of any one who owns one of these contact me, i would like to know some history about them, like why are all the ones i find on the net made in japan and mine is american

Re: I MUST HAVE THE ONLY AMERICAN HMT TELE EVER MADE

: i recently came to own one and all i have been able to find out is that all of them are assembled in japan. the model was a 1990 to 1992 theme guitar. the hmt means heavy metal telecaster. mine is also a fender usa but the back plate on the inside says assembled in japan. they retail for about $400 much to my dismay. i got mine for $150 and had to get some peices for the floyd rose system. mine plays like a dream but the real hope was to restore and sell it. i would still make double what i paid but i was hoping the rarity would make it more valuable. the original came with two humbuckers and in 1992 it came with a single coil fender lace sensor and a humbucker. mine has these so it is definetly a 1992. the two previous years are difficult to date. but at least it is a 50 50 chance of guessing the right one. well that is all i've got. i am still looking for more info like actual manufacturer city or a more appealing price rate.

Acoustic Amplification

I have an older Martin D28 that I want to preserve the acoustic sound without drilling it. I am considering a Peavy Ecoustic Amp and a Shure SM 57 mike. Has anyone tried this combo? Any suggestions?

Hohner accoustic Gituars

Hi, im Ed and i was just wondering if anybody knew how good Hohner Accoustic Gituars are? If you can tell me please E-mail me A.S.A.P

Hohner accoustic Gituars

Hi, im Ed and i was just wondering if anybody knew how good Hohner Accoustic Gituars are? If you can tell me please E-mail me A.S.A.P

gutar for sale

i have a 1979 gibson sonix solid body lettel beat up but plays great has 2 honeycomb demarseo pickups one wight one black hot pickups sound good neck is perfect good action willing to tradeit for telecaster of same year nashvill tele or b-bender or standerd gibson is worth 1200 bucks thanks

Making progress on Guitar, while aging :-)

Hello,

My name is André Zweistra i'm 38 years of age and i've played bass, harmonica and sung in many bands, since the age of 14. Mostly with songs of my own. In recent years i've played and recorded mostly on my own.
Unlike the bass, i've played the guitar mostly to accompany my singing and to write songs. Apart from some lessons, you can say i'm a selftaught man, both on bass as on guitar.
I wonder if there are any among you about my age, who still make progress on guitar despite the fact that they, as me, don't got too much musical aducation background.
How is your experience with learning new styles, for instance?

Sincerely;

André Zweistra

Re: Making progress on Guitar, while aging :-)

Hallo,

Mijn naam is Henk Zweistra. ik heb jouw naam gevonden via de zoekmachines toen ik (weer) begon met mijn hobby: stamboomonderzoek.
Op de meest onbekende sites kom ik de naam Zweistra tegen, zo ook nu. Wil je misschien jouw gegevens mailen? Uiteraard wordt daar alleen in dit verband gebruik van gemaakt. Het gaat me voorlopig alleen om de directe afstammingslijn. Dat betekent dat ik op zoek ben naar de ouders en geboortedatum en plaats van jouwzelf en je ouders.
Wat mij betreft: ik kom uit de Rotterdamse tak en ben in 1947 geboren. Nu werkzaam als docent in het voortgezet onderwijs.

Graag jouw reactie.
Met vriendelijke groeten,

H.Zweistra

billy thorpe(most ppl i know)

I don't know if its billy thorpe that sings Most People I know (think that i'm crazy) or if thats even the name of the song. But does anyone know where i can find it?

Re: billy thorpe(most ppl i know)

Can't remember the chords this time of morning but if you can get it on some recent Australian compilation releases- Beer Drinking songs - and the like. Billt was also quite popular in USA where he lived (L.A.)for many years. Scour the back catalogues is the best advise I can give. Billy Thorpe and earlier material by Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs

tabs and lyrics

need to know guitartabs for australian song a pub with no beer and lyrics and tablature for 'duncan' beggining ' i like o have a beer with duncan'

Tele with Bigsby

If you are Interested to see my telecaster with Bigsby check out our home page www.twofortheroad.info There you´ll find also cool pics with Brian!

Re: Tele with Bigsby

hey,

you have a tele with a bigsby? does it stay in tune?i'm preparing to install the bigsby, b-16 (that's the one i need right?), on the tele and to resolve the bigsby's defective detuning problem i was talking to a guy the other day and he told me: "I had a Bigsby installed on an SG that I had a Tune-o-matic bridge installed on that originally had a Bigsby on it that wouldn't stay in tune at all. The installer said it's all in carving the nut out enough to let the strings move freely."

What do you think about this comment? and what about the combination of changing to Shaller locking tuners, a shaller rolling nut,and a tune-o-matic or shaller bridge with the bigsby? would i run into any problems. ( i like putting on .10-.46 sized strings. i don't know if this would be a factor, would it?) do you think it would still go out of tune???
if so what would be the best combination or other option???

thank you very much for your time,
eric

PS is there a shaller rolling bridge made for telecasters? and also would you happen to know anyone who could do this in LA, cali.?

thanks again.

Problem with guitar

Hey, im a big guitar players and pretty damn good too but i dont really know much about the guitars themselves. I have a problem...i have a Gibson Epiphone Les Paul and the strings keep breaking, is it the bridge at the bottom or just the way i play ?

Re: Problem with guitar

: Hey, im a big guitar players and pretty damn good too but i dont really know much about the guitars themselves. I have a problem...i have a Gibson Epiphone Les Paul and the strings keep breaking, is it the bridge at the bottom or just the way i play ?

Assuming you're not thrashing the hell out of it, or bending the strings around the backside of the neck regularly, I'd say you might want to check the tail piece first.
Tune-O-Matic tali pieces can often have very sharp edges around the holes, and particularly if the tail piece is mounted a lot lower than the bridge, the strings get cut there.
I have had to file the holes to get a bevelled edge, and sometimes raise the tail piece to reduce the stress angle and avoid (or minimize) contact with the strings (usually more of a problem
on the treble side, but I've seen a lot of bass side E and A strings break too due to this. Also check the saddles themselves for sharp or poorly filed grooves.

Check out guitar tips on my web site at:

http://members.home.net/wilkatguitars/

Good Luck, Bill

Re: Problem with guitar

It could be that either the saddle or the nut (depending on where it is breaking) is a little rough or has a burr, you can take real fine wet or dry sandpaperto it, or 0000 steel wool, but i suggest having a luthier do it for you.
I uase D'Addario half sizes strings (.095 up)
and seldom break strings

Guitar Signed by Def Leapord

I have a guitar signed origanally by def leapord. the company in Reynold is it a famous one

ghjghj

hjhgj

Re: ghjghj

: hjhgj
zxczxczxczxc

peavey/boss question

I just recently bought a peavey special 212 which has a footswitchable effects loop and i am trying to use my boss me30 on the effects loop however it sometimes seems to lose signal sometimes it crackles with static it seems to not get tone when trying to use tuner function on and off. if anyone has had any experience with this or something similar that can suggest a solution or some alternative i would appreciate it.

jeff

TOO MUCH FEEDBACK!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!

I play a cheap Fender Squier Bullet that sounds really good except when i turn the volume up just a bit with distorsion there is just too much feedback. I would like to know if wax potting is good, or do the noise reduction effect pedals work to cancel feedback.
Thanx for any help.

Pick Guard Removal

Hello- I have a medaira guitar.. accoutsic, and I am trying to remove and replace the pick guard. I have got all the stain off the guitar, and am ready to refinish. Before doing so, i wanted to get this thing off, and sand and stain under there. After the stain, I will want a new pickguard to put on. Can anyone detail how to remove the pickguard? and any precautions for reinstalling a new one? If so email me at jason@applesolutions.com.

Thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.