Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Why are les paul studio's cheaper than standards

How are they different. Weight? Pickup? body?

Re: Why are les paul studio's cheaper than standards

Gibson wanted to make a guitar with the quality of a Paul but more affordable, so they
cut back on the "frills" which were mostly cosmetic and not needed in the studio.

: How are they different. Weight? Pickup? body?

what 12 string?

I want to buy a 12 string acoustic guitar. Can anybody help? I will pay upto about £300.
Thanks.

Re: what 12 string?

: I want to buy a 12 string acoustic guitar. Can anybody help? I will pay upto about £300.
Can anyone recommend anything in that price range?
I don't want an electro.
: Thanks.

If you don't know too much about 12 strings you should try to find someone who does. If that is not possible buy a Yamaha, they are usually good value for money. I have seen some Epiphone 12s which were quite good also. Most of the big name brands produce reasonable models. Good luck!

: : I want to buy a 12 string acoustic guitar. Can anybody help? I will pay upto about £300.
: Can anyone recommend anything in that price range?
: I don't want an electro.
: : Thanks.

Seagull (same people who make Godin guitars) make a couple of 12 string models which are as good as you can get for the money. Don't know the conversion rate but here in Aus I can pick one up for $800 (and our $ is worth about the same as Kleenex) with electrics and les without. Excellent action, small neck, solid cedar top and much easier to play that anything in the price range.

need some help...

I'm new to the gituar, and I wanna play this song, unfortunately, i can't tell what some of the chords are. the ones I'm having trouble with are "Esus2" and "Dsus2". if you could tel me what fingers go where, etc. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Reason... Amp

Hi,
I am getting ready to purchase a Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube amplifier, Do you think that it is a good amp for my needs, I play in a great band, I play for big gigs and I need an amp to produce good sound. Let me know what you think! A store wants to sell it to me for $500 even is that a good price. Eric

Re: Reason... Amp

Personally..i would go with a Marshal or a fender...the only thing ive ever found that i like made by peavey is my peavey firenza ax....you can never go wrong with fender tube amps..i think they've got the best sound ever

just some ideas

brent

Go with the Peavey man! i have one and it kicks major ass . its fucking loud!!

Hmm.For $500 check out the Tech 21 Trademark 60!

guild ROTOVERB

looking for one to buy.....
name your price......
hk

Re: guild ROTOVERB

: looking for one to buy.....
: name your price......
: hk

got one would like to sell let me know

rotoverb

you still have it?
hk

Dann Huff's Effects

Does anyone what Dann uses to get that clean chorusy/bright/compressed/reverb decay he uses so much? thanks,
Billy C.

Re: Dann Huff's Effects

Are you talking about Giant, or some of his recent work?
"Last of the Runaways" did feature some good playing.

HotRod Deville Tube

Does anyone have tubes that they would sell for a HotRod deville i just bought one used for 100 bucks.. the guy who sold it to me took to tubes out and used them in another amp of his...i did hear the amp with the tube though.

Dann Huff's Effects

Does anyone what Dann uses to get that clean chorusy/bright/compressed/reverb decay he uses so much? thanks,
Billy C.

guild ROTOVERB

looking to buy one.
please let me know if you have one for sale

Re: guild ROTOVERB

: looking to buy one.
: please let me know if you have one for sale

I don't know if you are still looking for one, but I have one up on ebay right now (8/7/04). I just came across this while I was researching my own pedal.

60's Australian Vase Amp

Hi i'm probably on the wrong page but i am looking for info on a "Vase Trendsetter 40 Delux" Guitar Amp made in Australia in the 60's. looking for schematics or list of tubes used as the markings have worn off the ones fitted. any help welcomed. Tks.Bill

Re: 60's Australian Vase Amp

Hi my grandfather built those amps . Unfortunatly there was never any schamatics it was all stored in his head.As far as the valves im not sure what they were but call the main music store in Toowoomba and the owner will have more info.Cheers

Vintage Guitars

I have a semi acoustic guitar the body is simillar to a gibson and the neck to a fender and logo name is "ALLROUND". I need more information about this guitar, where can i get it??

Wanted: Martin F-50

I am trying to find anyone who would like to sell a Martin F-50 Guitar. Contact me at zapman@home.com

Re: Wanted: Martin F-50

I have a Martin F-50 from 1963 in immaculate condition and original case. I'm not sure I want to sell, but I would be interested in hearing your offer.

Re: Wanted: Martin F-50

: I am trying to find anyone who would like to sell a Martin F-50 Guitar. Contact me at zapman@home.com

I have what I believe is a Martin F-50 purchased around 1962. email me if you are still looking

FENDER PROSONIC HEAD an Cabinet

Hi,
Im looking to buy a new amplifier. I want fender sparkling clean but also the distortion of a marshall and perhaps the beef of a mesa. i hear the prosonic head is great but i would like some input. I hear it is discontinued too.....If anyone has ANY info on this amp it would be greatly appreciated

thanx
Ron

Re: FENDER PROSONIC HEAD an Cabinet

Hey Ron, I know you posted this like 3 years ago, but I am bored so I'll reply. The prosonic is a great amp. It does give you those sparkeling fender cleans and the distortion is like no other fender amp I've heard. I have only heard the combo version though. And the head and cabinate are probably much different. There are somethings to consider before buying the amp: There is only on eq for the clean and distortion channels. The foot switch that comes with the amp sucks. The buttons are too close together (about 1" apart) and there are no indicator lights to remind you where you are. Otherwise it is a great amp that will rip your face off. I almost find that there is too much distortion, but that is my opinion only.

I hope you or someone else find this info. Useful.

hohner-- model TWP West-sb

hohner--  model TWP  West-sb

This popular thread has been given its own page : hohner-- model TWP West-sb

Emulator software's BR8

Help !!!!!
Have emulator for BR8 ?

Emulator software's BR8

Help !!!!!
Have emulator for BR8 ?

Songwriting

I am a semi new guitarist and I have learned some songs and now I want to write my own riffs and I can't seem to get started. Is there ne one that could give me a couple pointers?

Re: Songwriting

at the start, i found it a lot easier to come up with new ideas if:
- i had a drum machine playing
- i met up with other people for a bit of a jam

sometimes, really good riffs come to me when i'm at work, or lying in bed

best thing for me was playing along with a drum machine. if you can record yourself it helps, too.

Not really any pointers here. Ian write many good lyrics but lack the music to go with it .And i can't seem to put the two together. Just letting ya know .We got the same porb here man. Later,

YES! forget about being "musicly correct" and just try to make neat sounds. being a musical Craftsman means doing things well that others have already thought of, Being an ARTIST however, means doing what noone else has.

my Guitar board

Come check it out, although its new, I hope it takes off

Marshall VS100R Combo

Could anybody please help me to find the schematics for my VS 100 R ! It sounds like shit and I suspect something is wrong in the pre-amp.

My Tokai Vee

i have a sunburst flying vee, about 13-15 yrs old, with a maple neck. I need to know how much it is worth or if any 1 knows n e more about them..... pleez reply!!! ........Mike

POD patches !

Where can I find some cool POD patches?

Re: POD patches !

Maybe start at the line 6 website

: Where can I find some cool POD patches?

Re: POD patches !

: Where can I find some cool POD patches?

up you fucking hole

Distortion!! Any recommendations?

Ok i have a peavy Butcher amp. its old school. 100 watt tube. it has high output and low output. it doesnt have a switch for distortion, just knobs you gotta turn. what is the best pedal to get for that kinda amp to get maybe a LINE6 INSANE sound. anyone suggest overdrive pedals? i have a guitar with active emg's

Re: Distortion!! Any recommendations?

ibanez tk9 (the tube king)
i've got that amp it's a tough call. its got a lot of spank and mine hums already.
but this pedal warms the glassy over well.

Distortion!! Any recommendations?

Ok i have a peavy Butcher amp. its old school. 100 watt tube. it has high output and low output. it doesnt have a switch for distortion, just knobs you gotta turn. what is the best pedal to get for that kinda amp to get maybe a LINE6 INSANE sound. anyone suggest overdrive pedals? i have a guitar with active emg's. I already have a metal zone and a boss equalizer

Hmm.Since you already have an e.q. pedal check out the Ibanez SM-7 Smash Box.It's like opening a can of WHOOP-ASS!!
Good Luck

Try the boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion , one of the best distortions ever and has got two distortion modes! So two for the price of one. Ideal for grunge, rock, punk, nu -metal,....

tuning problem

I play a Carvin DC400T. Lately, when I tune to alternate tunings(Eb or D on the low E), the other strings go out of tune. When I get those back in tune, I have to retune the low E. Any suggestions on what's causing this?

Setup Guitar

Dear all

Setup Guitar

Dear all
Now we have problem to setup Guitar . Cloud you please tell me to setup it.
Best Regards
Ake

Any feedback on the Roland GT3 effects board?

Has anyone got any good feedback on the Roland GT3? How's the distortion?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.