Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: DEAR guitar

I have a DEAR Acoustic/Electric myself and also would like to know what they are worth, as I am trying to sell mine and cannot remember what I paid for it.

Thanks, Rob

1985 Carvin Ultra V

What's this guitar going for on the open market? It's in very good shape. Kahler. Serial # 22606.

Thanks,

M. Rotundo

Re: 1985 Carvin Ultra V

: What's this guitar going for on the open market? It's in very good shape. Kahler. Serial # 22606.

: Thanks, I love the ulta v. its the guitar that i learned how to play on. in 85. the re-sale is very low for this guitar for many reasons. i would keep it if i were you. its a great guitar.
: M. Rotundo

3rd String sound

Why does the 3rd from bottom or D string sound so "flat,buzzed?" on most electric guitars when it's not plugged into an amp. It's kind of hard to explain the sound.

ANYONE HEARD OF FENDER DG-17M acoustic????korean

ANYONE HEARD OF FENDER DG-17M acoustic????korean

This popular thread has been given its own page : ANYONE HEARD OF FENDER DG-17M acoustic????korean

yamaki guitars

yamaki guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : yamaki guitars

tabs

anyone know any easy songs that i can play on guitar

email me with them please DanJ030@hotmail.com

Re: tabs

"eruption" by Eddie Van Halen...heheh no. Try "free fallin'" by Tom Petty - pretty catchy tune.

Hawaii Musician's Web Page

If you're into Hawaiian Slack Key music, check out:

http://www.hawaiimusicians.com

Crate VC-508 tube amp ... anyone know a website that has a schematic?

If anyone can steer me towards a site that has a schematic of the Crate VC-508 5 watt tube amp, I would be much obliged. I want to see how they interface the solid-state part with the tubes. I'd like to add a "built-in" tube screamer circuit to my own EL84 home-built amp. Thanks for any help.

Re: Crate VC-508 tube amp ... anyone know a website that has a schematic?

try Crate.com, I've ordered schematics for their amps there before. Prices are reasonable.

Re: Crate VC-508 tube amp ... anyone know a website that has a schematic?

I have one. I got it from Crate, N/C. You're welcome to a copy of it if you'd like.

multieffects

Is there any multieffects with brian may (queen) sound-like and some classic rock sounds?what about zoom 505II? HELP

Re: multieffects

try the P.O.D. multi-effects by line 6 - pretty cool
one that's not that expensive.

Re: multieffects

: Is there any multieffects with brian may (queen) sound-like and some classic rock sounds?what about zoom 505II? HELP GT3, probably GT5 more recently the GT6 have a killer Harmonizer that would probably get pretty darn close to Brian May sound. I own GT 3(Roland) prices have come down because GT 6 is out.

Killer leads

Hows it goin fellow Pantera-heads! Ok, how do I acheive those killer (crisp, clean) leads that Dimebag crunches out? Anyone have any suggestions on amps, effects, or EQ settings? I've pretty much achieved the Metalli-sound, but now I crave somethin heavier - though not overdriven. Thanks

Re: Killer leads

Practice

: Hows it goin fellow Pantera-heads! Ok, how do I acheive those killer (crisp, clean) leads that Dimebag crunches out? Anyone have any suggestions on amps, effects, or EQ settings? I've pretty much achieved the Metalli-sound, but now I crave somethin heavier - though not overdriven. Thanks

Takamine vs. Johnson brand - my first purchase :-)

-)

This popular thread has been given its own page : Takamine vs. Johnson brand - my first purchase :-)

starforce

Does anybody know anything about Starforce eletric guitars? E-mail me if so!

Lyle A-588 - anyone know me?

Picked this up in near-mint condition. A nice classical 6-string. But Lyle ain't on the web, and I can't find any info on the company or the guitar. Any ideas?

SUSTAINIAC MODEL B

HEELP!! I AM LOOKING TO BUY A SUSTAINIAC MODEL B AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY IF YOU CAN HELP.THANKS.SINCERELY KEV

Re: SUSTAINIAC MODEL B

: HEELP!! I AM LOOKING TO BUY A SUSTAINIAC MODEL B AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY IF YOU CAN HELP.THANKS.SINCERELY KEV

: : HELP!! I AM LOOKING TO BUY A SUSTAINIAC MODEL B. Please contact me if you have one for sale via email or at 626 303-8518 in Calif.
Thanks.

: HEELP!! I AM LOOKING TO BUY A SUSTAINIAC MODEL B AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY IF YOU CAN HELP.THANKS.SINCERELY KEV

I have a SUSTAINIAC MODEL B FOR SALE.

My ibanez

hi i bought a ibanez rg series from my local guitar shop. the guitar is second hand but i dont know what model it is or how much it was new. Please help me as i dont know much about this guitar!!

Re: My ibanez

: hi i bought a ibanez rg series from my local guitar shop. the guitar is second hand but i dont know what model it is or how much it was new. Please help me as i dont know much about this guitar!!

check out ibanezshop.com
see if you see it there
if you do, e mail us for a quote on it

Re: My ibanez

The model number and serial number should be located on the back of the head stock, below the tuning keys.

Can anyone tell me - How much is my Marshall worth???

Hi, i have a Marshall 30th anniversary 1x12combo(6101) with the matching blue extension cab - can anyone tell me how much its worth (in England preferably)??? Thanks

Fender '83 Elite Stratocaster [tremelo questions/etc]

Fender '83 Elite Stratocaster [tremelo questions/etc]

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fender '83 Elite Stratocaster [tremelo questions/etc]

Bo Diddley "signed", Boss Harmonist!

I recently found a "Signed" Boss HR-2 Hamonist on E-bay, emailed the person selling and it was confirmed true that it is his pedal, awesome!!! fans should go take a look!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1508179296

POD 2.0 live - amp simulations and sound clarity

Is there a good way of getting the amp/cabinet simulations on a POD 2.0 in a live situation? Also,the sound I get is not very clear if I am playing with another guitarist. It was much clearer when I use to play with just one pedal. With the POD my sound is not cutting through well at all.

I want to learn to play spanish guitar

Hey, I was wondering if anyone can give me some good tips on starting to play spanish guitar. I don't really want to take lessons, I just want something to practice on at my house. Any pointers will help.

Just play everything in the key "si'"

: Hey, I was wondering if anyone can give me some good tips on starting to play spanish guitar. I don't really want to take lessons, I just want something to practice on at my house. Any pointers will help.

Re: I want to learn to play spanish guitar

: Hey, I was wondering if anyone can give me some good tips on starting to play spanish guitar. I don't really want to take lessons, I just want something to practice on at my house.It would be better if you give me lessons on playing chords.

Re: I want to learn to play spanish guitar

: Hey, I was wondering if anyone can give me some good tips on starting to <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">play </B><B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">spanish </B><B style="color:black;background-color:#99ff99">guitar</B>. I don't really want to take lessons, I just want something to practice on at my house. Any pointers will help.

how and what to CLEAN an old guitar with??

I have an old "grestch" and a "les paul" how should I clean or wipe them off with out changing or destroying the sound????

Re: how and what to CLEAN an old guitar with??

: I have an old "grestch" and a "les paul" how should I clean or wipe them off with out changing or destroying the sound????

: : I have an old "grestch" and a "les paul" how should I clean or wipe them off with out changing or destroying the sound????
:you can buy stuff from music shops you should usually use a guitar cleaning spray and clean cloth

you can clean your guitars with "Lemon Oil" / "Carnuba Wax".; most guitar stores carry cleaners made from these ingredients.I've been using lemon oil on my Martin D28 for 12 years and couldn't be happier with the results.I also recommend GHS "Fast Fret" for string cleaning.

: I have an old "grestch" and a "les paul" how should I clean or wipe them off with out changing or destroying the sound????

I use this stuff caled "Fiddlebrite". It cleans and polishes the wood. It's excellent on the
fretboard. gets all the finger jelly off and cleans the strings and makes them last longer.
I used to use Fast Fret untill I found this stuff. Comes in a 2OZ bottle for three bucks.

I B A N E Z

i'm looking for a serious high tech state of the art shred guitar, but i cant decide between the ibanez js1000 and the jem555. Anyone got any experiences with them, or knows even a better choice?

Re: I B A N E Z

: i'm looking for a serious high tech state of the art shred guitar, but i cant decide between the ibanez js1000 and the jem555. Anyone got any experiences with them, or knows even a better choice?

Well those guitars shurely kick ass, and though i havent played em yet, i'm sure youre well off with both
greets

: : i'm looking for a serious high tech state of the art shred guitar, but i cant decide between the ibanez js1000 and the jem555. Anyone got any experiences with them, or knows even a better choice?

I've played the Satriani model ine a guitar shp once, and its jst the best guitar ever made!!if you can afford it, go for that one!!!

: : : i'm looking for a serious high tech state of the art shred guitar, but i cant decide between the ibanez js1000 and the jem555. Anyone got any experiences with them, or knows even a better choice?

Ive got an jem777, and its brilliant, absolutely awesome.Ive tried the js1000 as well, and its also killer, but i preferred the looks of the 777.

: : : i'm looking for a serious high tech state of the art shred guitar, but i cant decide between the ibanez js1000 and the jem555. Anyone got any experiences with them, or knows even a better choice?
yes a definite on the js1000, i have one of them myself and they are by far the most outstanding guitars i have ver set my hands on, go for it!
: I've played the Satriani model ine a guitar shp once, and its jst the best guitar ever made!!if you can afford it, go for that one!!!

framus diablo custom is the best shredding guitar ever made, fairly unheard of tho. http://www.framus.com/diablocustom.htm

Both guitarts are great. But I'll tell what I like and don't like about each. The JEM's have the prefered neck for me (flat & fast). But the JEM555 has the "Lo TRS II" bridge. This bridge has a wide spread flaw, the tremelo arm has a nut that screws onto the bridge, the threads on this nut usually always get striped, this makes it difficult to get the arm on or off (if at all). The best fix for this problem is to replace the bridge with the LO TRS(original - $250.00). You can not put the "Lo Pro Edge" on the JEM555. The JS1000 has the "Lo Pro Edge" tremelo which is a much better bridge. But the JS1000 has only two humbucker pickups. The dual humbuckers may be just fine for your taste but I prefer the H-S-H pickup configuration that the JEM's have because you can get a more variety of sounds (tones).

Guitar Tutor Books

I'm searching for the best modern guitar tutor book for beginners (8-13 years), any suggestions?

Re: Guitar Tutor Books

Berklee Modern Method for Guitar is a great book, and series

free Guitar Tutor Books

i'm 13 and i need to now if u can give me a rock guitar tutor book

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.