Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: free Guitar Tutor Books

i would like to know if you can give me books on learning to read musi and play the guitar.

Re: Guitar Tutor Books

Loads at musiciansbooks.com

: I'm searching for the best modern guitar tutor book for beginners (8-13 years), any suggestions?

Bass guitar pickup not working

I have a Maton acoustic/electric bass guitar. The pickup does not now work and I can't find out the reason (even from Maton). There doesn't appear to be a battery anywhere on the cable from the pickup to the plug connection that I can see.
Can someone please offer any suggestions. Thanks

free or cheap used electric guitar

To everybody who have used electric guitar for sale or free, please... please... please... tell me!!

I want that guitar, but i don't have money.

WASHBURN ELEC. MODEL # ???

I own a Washburn elec. guitar Strat style..Made in the early 80's..USA made..How can I find what the model # would be??..I see no model # on the guitar...Is there a web site that might show some pictures of older Washburns where I might match a picture? I would like to buy another one like this one..Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks;
je

Im looking for a four track but im not shure how much to spen or which kind to get

ya i wanna start doing some recordings with my "band" (well the one im trying to start) but ive looked at four tracks and am not sure what to get.

Re: Im looking for a four track but im not shure how much to spen or which kind to get

: ya i wanna start doing some recordings with my "band" (well the one im trying to start) but ive looked at four tracks and am not sure what to get.Boss Br 532 is hot little unit, gave it to my Partner for Christmas $365. Much more than a 4trk because of virtual tracks, our main unit is a VS2480-Hot! $3,000 though. Boss BR8 is super cool for $700, cash strapped? buy used or B stock--zzounds.com

Re: Im looking for a four track but im not shure how much to spen or which kind to get

Hello there.
I'm selling a BR-8 in GREAT CONDITION!
E-Mail me for price, photos and extras.

What kind of guitar amp does the Offspring Use?

What kind of guitar amp does the Offspring Use?
e-mail me

Re: What kind of guitar amp does the Offspring Use?

: What kind of guitar amp does the Offspring Use?
: e-mail me
shady1721@yahoo.com
is the address

starfield guitar

i want to buy a starfield guitar,if you have some message,please mail me.my e-mail is:scottcao@sina.com thanks!

Re: starfield guitar

: i want to buy a starfield guitar,if you have some message,please mail me.my e-mail is:scottcao@sina.com thanks!

Re: starfield guitar

: : i want to buy a starfield guitar,if you have some message,please mail me.my e-mail is:scottcao@sina.com thanks!yes i got one ... might be interested in sellin....hit me bac.. teal blue ... nice neck .. sweetheart.

HEAT OF THE NIGHT

Anybody have the chords and solo tab for "Heat of the night" by Bryan Adams??

Re: HEAT OF THE NIGHT

: Anybody have the chords and solo tab for "Heat of the night" by Bryan Adams??

--> Check this out:

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/7738/adams_heatofthenight.txt

guitarist needed

we need a guitarist, we play emo/punk
we're from WI
if you want to know more, mail me.

Jackson PS-4 H-S-H, Sounds it can make?

Jackson PS-4, Pickups are H-S-H, What styles can this setup play? Metal, Blues???

TY,

DF

Jackson PS-4 H-S-H, Sounds it can make?

Jackson PS-4, Pickups are H-S-H, What styles can this setup play? Metal, Blues???

TY,

DF

Re: Jackson PS-4 H-S-H, Sounds it can make?

: Jackson PS-4, Pickups are H-S-H, What styles can this setup play? Metal, Blues???

: TY,

Hi! I acually have a PS-4. You can ofcourse play allmost anything with it. Because of the two humbuckers, humbuckers allways sounds great. I´ve played everything from rock to soul, blues and even jazz on mine.

I'ts a good sounding guitar but, I can only rekomend buying a Jacksson if your ambission is to play metal or rock. It feels pretty silly playing a Jazz-standard with a guitar looking like that.
Bye!

hohner professional ST Lynx

This popular thread has been given its own page : hohner professional ST Lynx

Does anyone know anything about the Hohner Professional ST Lynx electric guitar?

a good overdrive pedal

i have a tech 21 trademark 60 amp and it has great overdrive, but i also want a good overdrive pedal to give it more versatility. any help much appreciated

Re: a good overdrive pedal

Hmm.I personaly like the Ibanez TS-10 for raunchy overdrive.But I always use my OD-3(Boss)!It's got a big,warm,classic sounding overdrive.As a booster,it's very transparent...more so than the TS-10.
However,the best overdrive stomper I've heard is the BACKSTONE.FUGEDDABOUDIT!! It's $225.00,but worth every penny!I love mine.
Some of my choices

thanks man, i did buy a boss sd1 (japanese) off a friend, and i think it fits the bill, nice and warm. cheers. tom

Mesa's V-Twin pedal is KILLER! It is expensive, but try it out and you will see why.

Rush sheet music

Anyone know where I can find RUSH sheet music for keyboards. I can do it all by ear but I like to refer to something. Later and thanks!

where can i order a fernandes sustainer system for my war lock???

i need a secure website that has them, and if i get the sustainer in there, can i also put in emg pickups?

Mansfield

Mansfield

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mansfield

i need a lefty guitar!!

hi, my name is Jesse. i'm looking for a left handed guitar in about the 400 dollar range. i play anything from punk to metal. brands i'm looking for are epiphone, hamer, jackson, b.c. rich, ibanez, dean. p.s. i would dearly love anything with an explorer body style. any info where i can find any of these guitars? thanx in advance. i would also prefer you e-mail me and not reply in the board.

Re: i need a lefty guitar!!

take a look at the Ibanez RG470L

Older Acoustic BC Rich

Have an older(roughly 25 yrs) model B-28, serial #507389,looking for information on history and approximate value

Re: Older Acoustic BC Rich

: Have an older(roughly 25 yrs) model B-28, serial #507389,looking for information on history and approximate value
Serial # makes it a 1975, Made between 1967 - 1982
in california at Bernie Chavez rico's Dad's shop Bernie not his dad. nice quality. Many have neck joint problems and poor action. $200 - 1000 depending on wood and condition. Selling drop me a line!

Since receiving this much appreciated response to my questions regarding the dating and approximate value of my guitar, I have been reading up on the history of BC Rich acoustics, and the serial numbering formats they used to indicate the years in which they were made and the specific number of the total produced in that model of that year. Based on what I have read, however, I don't understand how mine was determined to have been built in 1975. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks in advance for your help!

: : Have an older(roughly 25 yrs) model B-28, serial #507389,looking for information on history and approximate value
: Serial # makes it a 1975, Made between 1967 - 1982
: in california at Bernie Chavez rico's Dad's shop Bernie not his dad. nice quality. Many have neck joint problems and poor action. $200 - 1000 depending on wood and condition. Selling drop me a line!

Well the normal pre 76' serial # scheme is ymm xxx
Y=year 2 through 5 1972-1975 mm= month the month can be 1 or 2 digits and sept can be 09 or 9 (don't ask me why but they did'nt stick to either way) the xxx = production #'s but it by group. they tended to group b-28,B-30,B-38 together. the B-45's were seperate. the b-20'S were seperate. the electrics were seperated by model the total was up to that point not by year. The pre 72 system was Bernie Sr's Dad's. and it normally was 1101-1 with the year accross from it on the label.
the 76 and above started with a yy = year (76) there were some 75's with that format also. All and all it is a confusing hap hazard system that requires a bit of conjecture. Hope that helps.
Rich

: Since receiving this much appreciated response to my questions regarding the dating and approximate value of my guitar, I have been reading up on the history of BC Rich acoustics, and the serial numbering formats they used to indicate the years in which they were made and the specific number of the total produced in that model of that year. Based on what I have read, however, I don't understand how mine was determined to have been built in 1975. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks in advance for your help!

: : : Have an older(roughly 25 yrs) model B-28, serial #507389,looking for information on history and approximate value
: : Serial # makes it a 1975, Made between 1967 - 1982
: : in california at Bernie Chavez rico's Dad's shop Bernie not his dad. nice quality. Many have neck joint problems and poor action. $200 - 1000 depending on wood and condition. Selling drop me a line!

Ibanez X series bass

I want to get an Ibanez X series bass. Does anyone have one for sale or know where to get one. I've searched a lot of sites..... Thanks!!

Re: Ibanez X series bass

: I want to get an Ibanez X series bass. Does anyone have one for sale or know where to get one. I've searched a lot of sites..... Thanks!!

Just saw a great deal on ebay. I have the same guitar &
it is great with the right strings. (dr highbeams handwound)

I have one for sale excellent condition, red with case. $400. plus shipping and handling. money order
or cashiers check accepted.
Brian
p.o. box 648
Quincy Il. 62306
217-222-1601 11:am to 5:pm mon-fri.

Ibanez X series bass

I want to get an Ibanez X series bass. Does anyone have one for sale or know where to get one. I've searched a lot of sites..... Thanks!!

I got an ibanez x series to sales NOW !!!

: I got an ibanez x series bass to sales NOW !!!

e-mail me at: grunger4ever@hotmail.com

New to electrics

Hi, I have been playing acoustic for 1/2 year, and tried an electric guitar today for an hour. I was wondering, what exactly is "hammering, pull up, palm, slide, etc."??? Could someone explain this, or please provide a link? Thank you,

Re: New to electrics

ok this is how i understand it (and play)...
Hammering is where you pick one note and then, without piking a second time, "hammer" on another note with your left hand, so you play two notes but only pick the first. Its a pretty basic thing but youve gotta have strong fingers!
i dont know about "pull ons" but pull offs are the opposite of hammering; pick a note, and then release the finger that is holding the note (left hand) and allow a note below the first to sound. but don't pick the second. is very useful for fast solos etc.
Palming is where you play a chord/ note etc and then "damp" the string (s) with your right hand palm/
side of hand, so you cut the sound short.
Sliding is where you play a note/ bar chord / chord etc and, keeping your left hand in the same position, slide it up/down the fretboard, play a second note/chord. pick/strum both positions.
gotta go now more later! G

Thanks Georgi. I have just one more question. What is distortion? And how do you do it?

ok i dont know much about distortion... being a college student, i dont have the latest amp outfit for my electric guitar etc but i can tell roughly...
its when you change the sound, using an amplifier with the "distortion switch"... it sounds kinda strong and is often used in metal, etc... id have to ask someone else on this board, for more info.

: Hi, I have been playing acoustic for 1/2 year, and tried an electric guitar today for an hour. I was wondering, what exactly is "hammering, pull up, palm, slide, etc."??? Could someone explain this, or please provide a link? Thank you, ---I THINK AFTER EXTENSIVE RESEARCH GEORGI PROVIDED YOU WITH SOME GOOD DEFINITIONS. BUT, YOU KNOW, YOU CAN DO ALL OF THOSE THINGS ON ACOUSTIC AS WELL. HAMMER ON-PULL OFF, TRY IT WITH YOUR FUCK YOU FINGER ON THE SECOND FRET, G STING IN A BLUES 145 PROGRESSION. SHIT, YOUVE BEEN PLAYING FOR HALF A YEAR, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT A 1-4-5 IS ? O.K., PLAY THESE CHORDS IN A BLUES STYLE---AM,D9,E9. IF YOU CAN, RECORD YOURSELF PLAYING THIS PROGRESSION----NOW DO THE VOODOO HAMER ON- PULL OFF--YOU CAN DO THIS FOREVER AND IT NEVER GETS OLD--ROCK ON!!!

guitars

i need a picture of a cream and white stratocaster squire plz e-mail me back with 1

Gibson "Ripper" bass parts

I have a early '80s Gibson "Ripper" bass. I trying to find the original pick-ups and the original bridge for it. Can anyone advise ? Thanks.

Re: Gibson "Ripper" bass parts

ALLPARTS sells a compatible bridge around 75.00

Re: Gibson "EB3" (1968 model)

Can't help you, sorry.

But I'm looking for an original bridge cover for this older model.

Any ideas, anyone ?

Thanks.

Re: Gibson "Ripper" bass parts

I would like to know about bridges and pick up for Les Paul bass guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.