Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

dot-bands.com

The dot-bands website has at last been re-launched! The site has been designed to give a fully functional online portal for Unsigned Bands in the UK, and a directory for all bands around the world. The services currently available from dot-bands.com are as follows:

- Daily News Features
- Global Band & Services Directory
- Free web-based e-mail
- Gig Reviews
- Monthly Band Website & Music Features
- Forum (to be upgraded)
- Daily Newsletter

All these features are free to dot-bands members and can be accessed through this portal. Only dot-bands members will receive the Newsletter which will act as a mail posting board to link the Bands to all the best offers available in the UK.

If you have any questions regarding the site, please feel free to contact us. We will always be grateful for your comments.

Thanks

The dot-bands Team

Does worn frets mean a complete re-fret or can I file them level?

Does worn frets mean a complete re-fret or can I file them level?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Does worn frets mean a complete re-fret or can I file them level?

sg1300@yahoo.com.ar

hola gente
hace mucho que toco pero no consigo mejorar mi velocidad y esto resiente mucho
la calidad de mi musica,
pudieran sugerirme como mejorar EN SERIO este problema
gracias

Re: sg1300@yahoo.com.ar

Uh, no habla Espanol.

TEd Nugent Tabs

If anyone has tabbed out the SOlo for Rock and RoLL Hoochie Coo.. that would be greatly appreciated
THanks a Lot!!!!!!

Nugent Tabs

www.harmony-central.com - click on tablature and DONT go to the new files by artist.

Re: TEd Nugent Tabs

: If anyone has tabbed out the SOlo for Rock and RoLL Hoochie Coo.. that would be greatly appreciated
: THanks a Lot!!!!!!
i was wondering were i could buy every ted nugent song he wrote and the right ones

BC Rich Warlock bass 5 -- I NEED IT --- Hungary

Hi ! I have a big problem, I live in Hungary and the hungarian dealers wanna import Warlock bass 5 string only for prepayment. The situation is same in the neighbour countries, including Austria. The big(?) Musik-Produktiv wanna prepay too. I don't wanna buy an axe without I have a try. Pls help me, where can I find this guitar in Central Europe, near Hungary ?
Many thanks if you can help me.

Re: BC Rich Warlock bass 5 -- I NEED IT --- Hungary

i don't play bass,well,right now i don't- i play 6 string--but i had a 6 string warlock--and dude,i hated it-cheaply made and didn't play worth a crap...the sound was even worse...
i hear jacksons are nice once you get them broke in...ibanez,too...and of course--fender....why don't you get one of those?.

Re: BC Rich Warlock bass 5 -- I NEED IT --- Hungary

: i don't play bass,well,right now i don't- i play 6 string--but i had a 6 string warlock--and dude,i hated it-cheaply made and didn't play worth a crap...the sound was even worse...
: i hear jacksons are nice once you get them broke in...ibanez,too...and of course--fender....why don't you get one of those?.

Well man... I have some good basses, (Yamaha, Fender) but I'd like to have an extremely shaped 5 string bass.
I need a second bass for the stage, in the studios I use conceptional good basses.

Epiphone / Gibson Les Paul Standard for sale!!!!

Hi everyone! If your looking for a epiphone / Gibson Les paul standard, I have one for sale on ebay!

You can view the auction at

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1501093118

Fender Champ amp speaker ohm rating.

Fender Champ amp speaker ohm rating.

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fender Champ amp speaker ohm rating.

is anyone selling a bass???

I looking to buy a bass from somebody in adelaide!!!

Jordan Mullen

practise and play comfortably

: What do you think about guitar rests (supports for guitar)during practising and performing.Do you have a lots of pains (musle pain, headakes, etc.) from keping a guitar in uncomfortable position?.Do you want practise longer and achive more?.Do you feel uncomfortable with footstools?. Did you hear about Aguado's tripodion?.Visit my web www.guitarrests.com
: and let me know what do you think?

Re: practise and play comfortably

well, it's an ok idea, but good old-fashioned playing on knee works fine. i don't really get headaches or muscle pains when i play - if you did, you must be playing kinda weird.

1976 Fender Starcaster - sunburst (MINT COND)

1976 Fender Starcaster guitar. Vintage axe in excellent condition. All original, including hardshell case (a few dings on case, but in very good condition) $1400 firm
Must see to believe.
SEE AT: http://www.masonholt.com/starcaster

Michael: 770-964-1998

Amp for my Tele

At last I've saved enough to buy a new tube amp for my '52 reissue telecaster.My budget is around 1400$ max,and the wattage I need is not so high. I play country,rock,hard rock,worship,so I need a pure warm clean sound and a great sustaining distorsion too. I could try with a '65 reissue Deluxe Reverb(here in Italy it costs 950$),even if I saw that the second channel is a vibrato and not a drive channel,and I would need an additional pedal for distorsion. What do you say? Today I tried some amps in a guitar shop and was very well impressed by a Fender Prosonic and a Mesa-Boogie DC3,but if someone else can tell me even more about my amp search I'll be very happy and grateful. Luca

Re: Amp for my Tele

hey ever thought about a Vox AC30 TB I have one and I use a Tele wicked sound fat clean and beautiful warm dirty it has made me a very happy man give one a go

Guitar multi effects

I need some advice on guitar effects... I´ve been thinking about buying a multi effect pedal with amp modeling like the POD... but the problem is that it is to expensive with me. Now I wonder if you have any suggestions of good multi effects for about 200$ I´ve been thinking about buying either a "Behringer -
V-amp", A "zoom 606" or a "Digitech genesis 3" ... What do you think? anyone have experience of any of them or just have advice? Any help welcome and thanks in advance!!

Re: Guitar multi effects

Aight m8.
Couple months ago i was in same situation as u. After checkin out the shops and various reviews i got myself a Korg AX1500G. Its got bout 50 preset FX, Plenty of Amp modelling, and a gr8 expression pedal for wah, phasing etc. It cost £200 and if u get chance, get one out! Gr8 value for money!

Iron Maiden Solo

I am a beginner, learning to play Iron Maiden songs but I don't know what amplifiers and effects they use to play the solos. Can anyone help me?

Re: Iron Maiden Solo

I want to have the tabs for the afraid to shoot strangers solo´s and the be quick or be dead solo´s. can you help me???

Re: Iron Maiden Solo

: I want to have the tabs for the afraid to shoot strangers solo´s and the be quick or be dead solo´s. can you help me???

You can find the tabs at www.powertabs.net however, you'll need the powertab software.
Also, another good software is GuitarTab Pro 4. The address is www.guitar-pro.com. There is a link "downloads" where you can find all the tabs.
Hope this helps.

segovia guitar

segovia guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : segovia guitar

Rogue LX200B Bass Guitar

Does anyone know where you can purchase replacement parts for Rogue Guitars, or how to contact Rogue???

neck widths: which model are WIDE help please

Classical guitar player here. I play all type of music finger style. Like to purchase my first electric. Am thinking about a semi-hollow or hollow so the transistion is not too great. Where I can get info please on guitar neck widths. The websites for Gibson and Heritage ect. don't appear to provide the specs.

Re: neck widths: which model are WIDE help please

the "wideneck"s are the models with the wider style necks...........lol

epiphone el dorado?

epiphone el dorado?

This popular thread has been given its own page : epiphone el dorado?

looking for me-10

i'm looking for as ME-10 boss guitar effects (2 items) .. can you find me bargain seller?
STEVE

where can i buy a cheap gibson sg gothic?

where can i buy a cheap gibson sg gothic?
please please email me, i really need to find out where i can get one.
thanx

Re: where can i buy a cheap gibson sg gothic?

: where can i buy a cheap gibson sg gothic?
: please please email me, i really need to find out where i can get one.
: thanx

: : where can i buy a cheap gibson sg gothic?
: : please please email me, i really need to find out where i can get one.
: : thanx

Check Out Zounds.com they were selling them for under $700

: : : where can i buy a cheap gibson sg gothic?
: : : please please email me, i really need to find out where i can get one.
: : : thanx
or elderly.com they were cheap to
: Check Out Zounds.com they were selling them for under $700

: : : where can i buy a cheap gibson sg gothic?
: : : please please email me, i really need to find out where i can get one.
: : : thanx
: Check Out Zounds.com they were selling them for under $700
: : :selling for $130 at...

I dont think there is such a thing as a cheap Gibson SG Gothic, cos i have been looking on the frikin net for about 3 days now!! If you find out then let us know

: where can i buy a cheap gibson sg gothic?
: please please email me, i really need to find out where i can get one.
: thanx

thommson, german website, £500

Gibson sg 57 classic in midnightburst

who else thinks that this is one of the best looking and sounding gibson there is? i must get me hands on one of these, but christ, they ain't cheap!

sigma se-28

Hey guys,
Has anyone heard about this model sigma se-28? I purchased one for about $300. It has a spruce top, rosewood back and sides, mahoney fretboard.mmm
thanks

Re: sigma se-28

: Hey,
Yeah, i've heard of the se-28! I own one! of course, i have no idea any history behind it or what it's worth at all. so i guess i'm searching for info. just as much as you are
: Hey guys,
: Has anyone heard about this model sigma se-28? I purchased one for about $300. It has a spruce top, rosewood back and sides, mahoney fretboard.mmm
: thanks

Effects peddles.

Effects peddles.

This popular thread has been given its own page : Effects peddles.

PERSONALIZED GUITAR STRAP - A GIFT FOR VALENTINE'S DAY

These PERSONALIZED GUITAR STRAPS are affordable, very cool, and professional looking. Great Gift idea. Especially for VALENTINE'S DAY. THIS GIFT KEEPS ON GIVING. Purchase 2 or more and receive a 10% discount. And there is FREE SHIPPING available.

Amp Settings

I just bought a Marshall JCM 900 2500 SL-X.
Please could you suggest me your settings for blues-rock and hard-rock style music?
Many thanks in advance

iron maiden solo

I am a beginner and I'm learning the Iron Maiden's "The Trooper" solo. I can't get the right sound. I have an Ibanez Rg470, metalzone distortion and digitech RP200. Is it possible to get Iron Maiden sound with these stuff? Or do I need some other effect.
Can anyone help? Please.

Re: iron maiden solo

I have found that the only way a good maiden style sound can be achieved is with a strat style guitar played through an overdriven stack like a marshall or peavey. I have tried with similar type equipment and have only managed to get a good metallica / megadeth sound and it sucked at higher volumes. a 100 watt marshall stack should get close enough.

I have found that the only way a good maiden style sound can be achieved is with a strat style guitar played through an overdriven stack like a marshall or peavey. I have tried with similar type equipment and have only managed to get a good metallica / megadeth sound and it sucked at higher volumes. a 100 watt marshall stack should get close enough.
P.S. Having a seymour duncan hot rails pickup triples the chance of getting the sound.

I am in a rock band and am learning the iron maiden no more lies solo and dont know what effects i need to get the right sound. I have a Epiphone les paul gothic, a zoom 505mk2 and a marshall valvestate amp. Please could some1 help me out.

modes

"when" do i use which mode? like...under what circumstances is a mixolydian scale used? phrygian? the rest?
thanks!
corbin

Re: modes

Thats kinda of a rhetorical question... basically modes are scales that aren't related to the key of the root, ie. a C Dorian is not in the key of C, here are how I use some (that I can think of right now):

Dorian - Heavy rock (ex: E Dorian over Em-D-A chord progression)
Phrygian - Fusion/funk (C Phrygian over Cm7-Dbmaj7 chords)
Lydian - Generally for minor keys
Ionian - I like with swing stuff
Aeolian - Metal
Mixolydian - I use/mix with major pentaonic

Well thats my 2 cents worth, there is alot of mode info on the web so search and you will find.

:

"when" do i use which mode? like...under what circumstances is a mixolydian scale used? phrygian? the rest?
: thanks!
: corbin

Confused by amps!

i've been playing for 3 yrs and have been using a trace elliot 15w practice amp. i now need something louder. my 15w amp has a socket to allow me to plug in an extension cab. If i plugged in a 300w 4x12 cab, would i get 300w of power, 15w of power or something else? please help!

Thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.