Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - February, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

gitaur tabs

were can you find free gitaur tabs online?

Re: gitaur tabs

harmony-central.com rocktabsonline.com

www.tabmall.com

: if you go to postdirect.co.uk and sign up they will send you any music score via email

: were can you find free gitaur tabs online? which are of rock songs?????

Kay Guitar model L5047

Does anyone have any information about this model?

ESP M1000

New

Re: ESP M1000

: New

My rose floyd sqeaks so loud it almost hurts my ears.
I just bought it, does it need to be broken in or something? Do I need to lubricate it somehow? When I say squeaky, I MEAN SQUEAKY!! Or did I just get a taset of bad luck, thank you and please e-mail back soon

Re: ESP M1000

Part of the LTD MH series, the MH-100QM electric guitar features an agathis w/ quilted maple top, EMG LH-100 pickup,1 volume, 1 tone, 3 way toggle electronics, 24 XJ frets and black hardware

tune a guitar

what are the cords you use to tune a guitar?

Re: tune a guitar

I just use a standard fender cord (any will do)... plug it into the gutiar/amp and I'am good to go... oh yeah the amp has a power cord too (not to be confused with a power chord), that should be plugged in too.

: what are the cords you use to tune a guitar?

: I just use a standard fender cord (any will do)... plug it into the gutiar/amp and I'am good to go... oh yeah the amp has a power cord too (not to be confused with a power chord), that should be plugged in too.
CAN'T BELIEVE YOU THE TIME TO EVEN TYPE THAT DUMB ASS QUESTION!!!!!
:
: : what are the cords you use to tune a guitar?

: I just use a standard fender cord (any will do)... plug it into the gutiar/amp and I'am good to go... oh yeah the amp has a power cord too (not to be confused with a power chord), that should be plugged in too.

:
: : what are the cords you use to tune a guitar?

can u send me guitar cords

You do not use cords to tune a guitar,get a small tuner at a music store, or go to the top string ,count down five frets,press and make the next string sound like that, or tune harmonically, its quite complex at first but with practice it becomes Quite EZ!!,get a book and read, its worth the time and effort!!

You do not use cords to tune a guitar,get a small tuner at a music store, or go to the top string ,count down five frets,press and make the next string sound like that, or tune harmonically, its quite complex at first but with practice it becomes Quite EZ!!,get a book and read, its worth the time and effort!!

Mary,
Don't pay any attention to the obviously sarcastic answer. Aside from the tune that somebody suggested, I'd recommend you buy a guitar pitch pipe. It will sound the 6 required tones for you to tune your guitar to by ear. Just listen carefully and match the note on the pipe. Learn to tune by ear in case you break, lose, or forget your electronic tuner.

Mary,
Don't pay any attention to the obviously sarcastic answer. Aside from the tuner that somebody suggested, I'd recommend you buy a guitar pitch pipe. It will sound the 6 required tones for you to tune your guitar to by ear. Just listen carefully and match the note on the pipe. Learn to tune by ear in case you break, lose, or forget your electronic tuner.

Difference Between Acoustic and Electric Guitars

I've been watching a lot of bands play guitar and I'm pretty new at playing the guitar (acoustic) and I watch them play chords that I've never ever seen before. So is there a difference with the chords? When I try those chords, it sounds terribly different..

Re: Difference Between Acoustic and Electric Guitars

You've probably seen socalled barre chords. Most beginner guitar-books/teachers don't start with these chords right away becausse it requires a bit of training to make these chords sound right. You probably have just learned open-chords. The difference is that with with barre-chords you just you're index finger as a nut. This way you can play chords longer up the neck in the with the same fingerings as the open chords but in different keys, which makes the it very easy to transpose. You just have to larn the chord ones and you can play it in all the differnt keys. So if you know the open chords you really know a lot more chords than you think. I recomand you to start practising barre chords right away.

: I've been watching a lot of bands play guitar and I'm pretty new at playing the guitar (acoustic) and I watch them play chords that I've never ever seen before. So is there a difference with the chords? When I try those chords, it sounds terribly different..

Spell right! ~You've probably seen so-called barre chords. Most beginner guitar-books/teachers don't start with these chords right away becausse it requires a bit of training to make these chords sound right. You probably have just learned open-chords. The difference is that with with barre-chords you just use you're index finger as a nut. This way you can play chords longer up the neck in the with the same fingerings as the open chords but in different keys, which makes the it very easy to transpose. You just have to learn the chord ones and you can play it in all the different keys. So if you know the open chords you really know a lot more chords than you think. I recommend you to start practicing barre chords right away.
: You've probably seen socalled barre chords. Most beginner guitar-books/teachers don't start with these chords right away becausse it requires a bit of training to make these chords sound right. You probably have just learned open-chords. The difference is that with with barre-chords you just you're index finger as a nut. This way you can play chords longer up the neck in the with the same fingerings as the open chords but in different keys, which makes the it very easy to transpose. You just have to larn the chord ones and you can play it in all the differnt keys. So if you know the open chords you really know a lot more chords than you think. I recomand you to start practising barre chords right away.

: : I've been watching a lot of bands play guitar and I'm pretty new at playing the guitar (acoustic) and I watch them play chords that I've never ever seen before. So is there a difference with the chords? When I try those chords, it sounds terribly different..

well, electric players tend to use barre chords, or power chords, acoustic tend to use open, or first position chords

Controlling the piranha

what functions of the piranha preamp can i control with a midi foot controller?(i have the beheringer fcb1010)can you give me the CC numbers?thanks

gibson super 400

for sale. gibson super 400. 1953. all original spec.excellent condition.in Spain. offers......

Re: gibson super 400

can you show a picture ?

Mk 3

i've been trying to get hold of a mesa boogie mk 3.
for under £600 , but i haven't had any luck
What should i do?

Re: Mk 3

: i've been trying to get hold of a mesa boogie mk 3.
: for under £600 , but i haven't had any luck
: What should i do?
I have one M Boogie MK 3for Euro 800. He is in good condition.
Greetings

les paul standard 80

I´m a huge fan of them and I own several of them. They are all of different charakter but each and every of them is a pleasure to play.On stage I always use one , these guitars are much better than the new stuff.

Re: les paul standard 80

"hey, there is a guitar site to chat, lets bragg about how i can afford loads of gibsons" . deep contempt. raymond

Rate my Rock Kit Marshall´'s guitar if you know it

Hello, What Brand and Model does my Rocket Marshall guitar sound like?
Is it good as Marshall product should be?
Thanks.

Squier Supersonic Question

I Am looking for a Squier Supersonic guitar. Anyone that either has one that they'd like to sell, or knows where I might be able to purchase one caould e-mail me directly. Thanks

Re: Squier Supersonic Question

hi there, i see youre looking for a supersonic.....well, im looking to sell one! i have the sparkle blue finish, all original hardware, etc, its very nice.email me at the above address if youre still interested

? on Strat

Hi. Do they make brand new 24 fret Electric Stratocastors and if so where can I buy one.
Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Re: ? on Strat

well i've seen em with 24 on the squier stagemasters, but i dont know about stratocasters - mostly just 22s

JTM610

I'm thinking of buying one of these second hand but can't find much information on them... history wise.

Anyone got any info on them?

How to get that u2 sound

been wondering how to get that kewl sound that edge uses in songs like streets have no name. does it have to do with delay or sumthin?

Re: How to get that u2 sound

: been wondering how to get that kewl sound that edge uses in songs like streets have no name. does it have to do with delay or sumthin?

Re: How to get that u2 sound

: : been wondering how to get that kewl sound that edge uses in songs like streets have no name. does it have to do with delay or sumthin?

You coudn't get that exact same sound, since the Edge uses gear (guitar pedals) that are not even on the market anymore, plus in songs like "Where the Streets have no name" (my favorite) he had like more than 5 audio technicians modulating his effects. Also in that song there are three different guitar sounds, two for rhythm and one for melody, they were recorder on separate tracks and then mixed as one. It would be very hard, almost impossible to create that exact sound, but you can come very, very close. I use a Boss DD-6 (Digital Delay) and set it to 400 ms (miliseconds). Then to that i add a mild distortion, and some reverb. I have had great fun with it, you can also use the same guitar effects to play "Pride, in the name of love". Hope this helps you :-D

Electri Guitar Building

Can anybody tell me the best book to buy regards building my own elevtric guitar including plan - Fender Strat style with refinements or are there any web site that give these for free

Re: Electri Guitar Building

: Can anybody tell me the best book to buy regards building my own elevtric guitar including plan - Fender Strat style with refinements or are there any web site that give these for free

Get a copy of the Stewart-MacDonald catalogandpay particular attention to the guitar kits.
www.stewmac.com

Re: Electri Guitar Building

: : Can anybody tell me the best book to buy regards building my own elevtric guitar including plan - Fender Strat style with refinements or are there any web site that give these for free also interested in gibson les paul kits

: Get a copy of the Stewart-MacDonald catalogandpay particular attention to the guitar kits.
: www.stewmac.com

Re: Electric Guitar Building

: Can anybody tell me the best book to buy regards building my own electric guitar including plan - or are there any web site that give these for free

kramer bass

kramer bass

This popular thread has been given its own page : kramer bass

Randall rg100sc

anyone have the Randall rg100sc combo amp? how good is it? please reply

Taylor or Washburn?

Hi, I have been wanting to upgrade to a new guitar
but I'm not sure what to get. I've heard that Taylors
and Washburns are pretty good but I'm still not sure
which to get. I'm wanting to spend about from 200-500
dollars Could anyone give me some info on these
two types of guitars?

Re: Taylor or Washburn?

I had a taylor big baby and put a l.r. baggs double shot pickup system in. and it sounded great but I ended up with about the same amount of money tied in it as an Ibanez Artwood would have costed. The artwood offers a real fishman pickup and a killer neck action for under $400 I forgot that it sounds better than some of the higher priced Washburns.

Taylors and Washburns are nice - but i suggest playing around with it first before just purchasing name brands. dont order via internet (you never know what you will get) so go to a music shop and try different brands. that way you can see which guitar best suits you - that's the mistake i made!

$200 - $500? Better stick with the Washburn, unless you're interested in the baby model taylor...

Better sound/lower volumn

Short of kickin' out $300+ for a Power Brake, how can I make better use my DeVille's power/sound without fryin'my ears?

Re: Better sound/lower volumn

: Short of kickin' out $300+ for a Power Brake, how can I make better use my DeVille's power/sound without fryin'my ears?
YOUR DEVILLE DOES'NT NEED A POWER BRAKE---THATS WHAT MASTER VOLUME IS FOR. IF IT'S FRYING YOUR EARS TO GET WHAT YOU THINK IS AN ACCEPTABLE SOUND AT AN ACCEPTABLE VOLUME, THEN YOU NEED AN AMP WITH LESS OUTPUT. BUT BEFORE YOU GO SHOPPING FOR A DIFFERENT AMP TRY DIALING UP A VOLUME THATS PLEASING TO YOUR EARS ON THE CLEAN CHANELL---THEN USE AN OVERDRIVE OR DISTORTION OR CLEAN VOLUME BOOST TO BRING OUT YOUR SOLOS. THE DEVILLES AND DELUXES ARE VERY LOUD AND STRIDENT SOUNDING AMPS FOR THEIR POWEWR RATING--BUT I HAVE PLAYED BOTH AMPS AT VERY SMALL VENUES---THE VOLUME KNOB ON YOUR GUITAR IS A VERY USEFAL TOOL AS WELL. GOOD LUCK!!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.