Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - February, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Artist

It was subg by Michael Martin Murphey, and the title is "Wildfire." I don't know where to get the music, but here are the lyrics: http://www.lyricsdepot.com/michael-martin-murphey/wildfire.html

Ibanez RG

I have an Ibanez RG and I want to find out its history. Is there a site where I can enter the serial number to find out about it?

Re: Ibanez RG

: I have an Ibanez RG and I want to find out its history. Is there a site where I can enter the serial number to find out about it?

try link below

Re: Ibanez RG (a better site)

: : I have an Ibanez RG and I want to find out its history. Is there a site where I can enter the serial number to find out about it?

--> www.ibanezcollectors.com
--> you'll get a swift reply!

: try link below

Re: Ibanez RG

There aren't any sites that are automated like you describe, not even www.ibanez.com.

www.Ibanezcollectors.com com has a discussion board. Once you sign up you can ask for information. The focus of the site is on older Ibanez guitars, from the 60s thru early 90s.

www.jemsite.com is more geared toward the later guitars, like the Jem, RG, and S series.

Re: Ibanez RG 450 dx wh c 7016394

: I have an Ibanez RG and I want to find out its history. Is there a site where I can enter the serial number to find out about it?

trade multi-fx for small practice amp

all right all ive got is a korg ax-1g and its killing my tone through the stereo, i need a real amp... so would anybody like to trade small practice amp for it (10w-20w)?? you can read my review of it on harmony central. its a great little fx box

any people interested email wes_basinger@juno.com

How can i get a sound like blink 182 out of my fender princeton 65 amp

Can anyone tell me how to get the sound of blink out of a fender princeton 65 amp?

Re: How can i get a sound like blink 182 out of my fender princeton 65 amp

actualy, for once, i will have ot agree with bob on this one

Re: How can i learn to sing like Blink 182's Tom?

I am in a band and we are still trying to get it all started. I want to learn how to sing like blink 182's, Tom. We have a lead singer but he said it would be nice if i could sing like Tom

Re: How can i get a sound like blink 182 out of my pevay bandit 112 100 amp

: Can anyone tell me how to get the sound of blink out of a peavy bandit 112 100 amp

how can i get a sound like blink 182 out of my fender champion 30 DSP amp?

i love blink 182 and i really wanna play and sound just like them with my music so i wanna know how to get their sound. thanx

Re: How can i get a sound like blink 182 out of my pevay bandit 112 100 amp

: : Can anyone tell me how to get the sound of blink out of a peavy bandit 112 100 amp

: : Palm Mute and Lightning fast down strokes. Listen to aliens Exist and you will hear the downward palm muting at lightning speed i think its the 2nd verse that tom really cruises!

Re: How can i get a sound like blink 182 out of my fender princeton 65 amp

: Can anyone tell me how to get the sound of blink out of a fender princeton 65 amp?

Turn your overdrive on! And jack the volume up!!!!

hohner guitar for sale

hohner TWP classic-n guitar.....How much is this guitar worth? Its for sale for the right price.

LOOKING FOR SCHEMATIC for a Peavey Delta Blues Amp

If anyone has, or know where to find a schematic for a Peavey "Delta Blues" guitar amp, please email me at gmanamps@aol.com. I will gladly pay you to get a copy.
Thanks,
Gene

Re: LOOKING FOR SCHEMATIC for a Peavey Delta Blues Amp

try this site, it might help. http://www.musicparts.com/schemon.html

Giannini Classical

I have a Giannini classical guitar Model TUR.4 built in Brazil in January 1967. I have not played it in years but just restrung it with LaBella 2001 high tension flamenco strings and it sounds surprsingly good.
Does anyone know what the guitar is worth or what a similar instrument would cost today?

Re: Giannini Classical

: I have a Giannini classical guitar Model TUR.4 built in Brazil in January 1967. I have not played it in years but just restrung it with LaBella 2001 high tension flamenco strings and it sounds surprsingly good.
: Does anyone know what the guitar is worth or what a similar instrument would cost today?

I just got a giannini model 02 from my greatgrandfather i dont know anything about it can you help me find info it is really old

Noise Question

I just bought a Sqire Affinity strat and a peavey blazer amp. I know single coil pick ups are notorious for their noise. I don't play at loud volumes and the hum noise is quite loud when I am not touching the strings. My question is ... are there any ways to reduce to hum (without buying the new noiseless pickups.They cost more than I paid for the guitar)
Thank you

Charlie

Re: Noise Question

: I just bought a Sqire Affinity strat and a peavey blazer amp. I know single coil pick ups are notorious for their noise. I don't play at loud volumes and the hum noise is quite loud when I am not touching the strings. My question is ... are there any ways to reduce to hum (without buying the new noiseless pickups.They cost more than I paid for the guitar)
: Thank you

if it stops when you touch the string, you have a ground wire off

: Charlie

esp for sale

click link, H, M and other series

zoom9030

Need metal sounds for zoom9030.
Thanks

Re: zoom9030

: Need PC-editor for zoom9030.
: Thanks

zoom9030

: : ovner manual for zoom9030.
: : Thanks

TOKAI GAKKI GUITAR -- FRANCISCIAN MODEL 51

TOKAI GAKKI GUITAR   --  FRANCISCIAN MODEL 51

This popular thread has been given its own page : TOKAI GAKKI GUITAR -- FRANCISCIAN MODEL 51

recommendations for old gibson?

ive got a 1963 gibson es330tdc,sounds great, but needs some body work. is this worth repairing, or is there some thing else that might be better, for jazz, rock, etc. ps. i'm an atty now, but used to play for a band pre- iggy...

Re: recommendations for old gibson?

Depends how bad the body is, in ex condition they go for about $1200. If it still sounds great and you like playing it, I would keep it, just make sure the body is structurally sound, it dosen't have to look good to sound good. If you are gonna get rid of it let me know, I personally like em and would be interested.

: ive got a 1963 gibson es330tdc,sounds great, but needs some body work. is this worth repairing, or is there some thing else that might be better, for jazz, rock, etc. ps. i'm an atty now, but used to play for a band pre- iggy...

'96 GIBSON CHET ATKINS TENNESSEAN FOR SALE

'96 GIBSON CHET ATKINS TENNESSEAN FOR SALE

This popular thread has been given its own page : '96 GIBSON CHET ATKINS TENNESSEAN FOR SALE

I need schematics for my Maniac MVG 800 amp

Hey does anybody know where or If you can give me a schematics for my Maniac MVG 800 amp? plz help me out..thnx in advance

Re: I need schematics for my Maniac MVG 800 amp

: Hey does anybody know where or If you can give me a schematics for my Maniac MVG 800 amp? plz help me out..thnx in advance

check out http://www.firebottle.com
click on ampage when you get there

http://www.fretland.com

The Guitar Pedal Archive

Hello,

All those effects you hear and dream about.

Simple. Growing.

http://www.shortnacy.com/tim/GPA/

until then,
-tim

Marshall TSL122 & Boss ME 50

Please explain simply what does Effects A & B mean on the back of the combo?
1. Do I put a short lead from send to return, and press the button.
Then what do i do?
I`m confused as I have since bought a Boss ME50 going directly into the front input, but when on, it completely ruins all my clean sounds on clean channel, and gives too much hiss.
Please explain how I go from a clean Stevie Ray Vaughan sound on the Clean Channel to using the Lead/Crunch channels properly.
I really dont think I`m getting the best out of this great amp.
kelvin.

: http://www.shortnacy.com/tim/GPA/

: until then,
: -tim

Schametics for Mësa/Boogie Studio Preamp

Hello up there, is there anybody out there who knows where to find Schametics for Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp? Please let me know. Very need...
Lulu

Re: Schematics for Mësa/Boogie Studio Preamp

Not a very good or complete one, but the only one I have seen (and certainly bettwer than nothing):

http://www.tubefreak.com/studio.gif

Schametics for Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp

Hello up there, is there anybody out there who knows where to find Schametics for Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp? Please let me know. Very need...
Lulu

Link

www.musicparts.com

(from RAY below)

: Hello up there, is there anybody out there who knows where to find Schametics for Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp? Please let me know. Very need...
: Lulu

Re: Link

Lulu

The schamatics you need are here:

http://www.tubefreak.com/mesa.htm#studio

Stevie

Re: Schametics for Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp

Hey Lulu: Did you ever get a schematic for that Mesa boogie studio preamp? Can I get a copy? Thanks

jon kammerer guitars

Having just won an acoustic/electric in the Vintage Guitar contest {the first time I've won anything]I wondered what anyone might know about this maker.Untill this contest I had not heard of them.Thank's for any responce.Adrian.

Finishing a Guitar Body From a Guitar Kit.

I bought a swamp ash Strat style guitar body and started the staining and sealing process. I used a "MiniWax" Cherry color stain. I've been spraying a MiniWax oil base Gloss PolyUrethane finish. Will this deaden the sound of the Swamp Ash Wood or is this exceptable. Also, on the last coat of gloss, what grit do I use to buff it to a smooth finish?

Re: Infromation on staining, finishing and painting of wood projects.

: I'm new to wood working and would like to find information as to staining, finishing and painting wood projects. What's best for indoor/outdoor painting projects (latex, oil, enamel // with or without primer). Any information would be most helpful!

gibson melody maker

can anyone point me to where i could get a set of blueprints for a gibso melody maker double cutaway single pick-up would be nice

Connct guitar with PC

I want to connect my guitar with PC, but when I put the cable in line-in, then i dont hear enything. My speakers are OK, cable is also OK? What should I do?

Robert Flemming Jr.

My daughter has paper to do for school, can not find any thing on this man (Robert Flemming Jr.) HELP!! I know he invented a "guitar".

Robert flemming jr

:biografia de Robert Flemming Jr

Re: Robert Flemming Jr.

I have a paper to do for school, can not find any thing on this man (Robert Flemming Jr.) HELP!! I know he invented a "guitar".
Where do I find his biography!!!!!!!!!!!

: My daughter has paper to do for school, can not find any thing on this man (Robert Flemming Jr.) HELP!! I know he invented a "guitar".

can you tell us about the man, i mean we know he made the guitar now tell us about his history.

: can you tell us about the man, i mean we know he made the guitar now tell us about his history.
please tell me all the info you can give me on robert flemming jr.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.