Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - February, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Help me identify my Ibanez...

it's definitely a s540. me too have spent a lot of time on the net trying to identify mine.

left handed pickups

I am a new guitar player, I am left handed and would like to know if there is a difference between electric pickups, I see staggered pickups but they look like they are for right handed guitars

Re: left handed pickups

For stero you use one left and one right :).

: I am a new guitar player, I am left handed and would like to know if there is a difference between electric pickups, I see staggered pickups but they look like they are for right handed guitars

New DLS Effects web up with sound samples, what do you think?

Our new DLS Effects web site is up with sound samples, pictures, effects info and more. Let us know what you think of the samples, need more?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: New DLS Effects web up with sound samples, what do you think?

: Our new DLS Effects web site is up with sound samples, pictures, effects info and more. Let us know what you think of the samples, need more?
THE LINK: www.dlseffects.com

: Thanks,
: Dave

Re: New DLS Effects web up with sound samples, what do you think?

went to check out your site but found it dosen't exist! What's up?

Sovtek MIG50

What do you guys think about this amp? Likes and dislikes? Thanx

Re: Sovtek MIG50

its simple and cheap, and all tube... i say go for it if you like to play bluesy rock stuff

they are wired like poo poos, and break down quick, get a marshall

Uses 6L6 and 12AX7 tubes and has solid state rectifier, circuit is a basically a replica of a vintage Fender Bassman, I think they are decent sounding and a hold up well. I have modified a few of them and the simple design make them great to 'experiment' with.

: What do you guys think about this amp? Likes and dislikes? Thanx

I have a Sovtek Mig 50 and really love it but i am interested to hear about any mods that 'GT' made...any info would be great. Thanks heaps!! :)

: What do you guys think about this amp? Likes and dislikes? Thanx
A friend of mine had one sounded great had alot of balls like a bassman or a hiwatt. They are all tube cheap and sound cool. the only problem is they offten break down as they are cheaply made.

yamaha superflighter

hi!just wondering if anyone has any info about the yamaha superflighter.i bought one last week, and cant find anything !!!!!!!any help would be appreciated!

Distortion pedals

Hello everybody I am doing some presentation about electric guitars and more and I really wanted to know how Distortion pedals actually work form the inside...

Does anybody here know that?

I would be very pleased...

Thanks already

Michael Reficool Haydn

Re: Distortion pedals

um, yeah, i'm very interested in this subject myself... is it secret information that nobody who doesn't work at electro-harmonix or boss is allowed to know?

Re: Distortion pedals

I have a crate distortion pedal. It has three buttons:
(starting from the left) light distortion, heavy distortion, and reverb. all of a sudden the heavy distortion gave out. even though The light that indicates that the heavy distortion is on, only the light distortion sound comes out of the amp. if you could give me some info on how to fix it, I would really appreciate it. Pleas e-mail me. thanx.

Zach howe

tab pc program

Hi, I can't read music but I enjoy playing the guitar using the tablature. Sometimes I like a song and can't find the tablature. Anybody know of a PC program that can transform notes from the music sheet into tablature ???

Yamaki Deluxe FOLK - How much is it worth ?

Yamaki Deluxe FOLK - How much is it worth ?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yamaki Deluxe FOLK - How much is it worth ?

mesa boogie,shelf item,sounds like fucking shit

chello.i just bought a mesa boogie rocke4t 44 as a shelf item ,and its fucking loud.but its sound LIKE FUCKING ASSGASS.the treble sucks and when i play songs like whiplash and black magic the tremoloed e sounds like a big noise,wut is the deal

mesa boogie,shelf item,sounds like fucking shit

chello.i just bought a mesa boogie rocke4t 44 as a shelf item ,and its fucking loud.but its sound LIKE FUCKING ASSGASS.the treble sucks and when i play songs like whiplash and black magic the tremoloed e sounds like a big noise,wut is the deal

Friend 'Til The End- Does Anybody Hear Me

Friend 'Til The End- Does Anybody Hear Me

This popular thread has been given its own page : Friend 'Til The End- Does Anybody Hear Me

CREED SOUNDS WITH ZOOM 1010

have a Zoom Player 1010 pedal for my guitar and I'm searchin' how I can do a sound that looks like creed ..can someone help me?

Re: CREED SOUNDS WITH ZOOM 1010

estas de broma? comprate un ampli y una guitarra , anda...

Re: CREED SOUNDS WITH ZOOM 1010

I can help u play sogs by creed with the zoom 1010 cause I have I too! If u still want get more informations send me one e-mail, please...Don't delay....

zoom 1010

I need a zoom 1010 manual

Tatay Guitars

Tatay Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Tatay Guitars

The Rob Balducci Band Live

Hye ... if anybody is interested... please come down and Join us at the Show Thanks!

FAVORED NATION'S RECORDING ARTIST
THE ROB BALDUCCI BAND will be performing on

Wednesday, March 6th Time: 7:30 PM & 9:00 PM

THE ELBOW ROOM
144 Bleecker Street
(between Thompson & Laguardia)
New York, NY

Rob Balducci will be performing live at 7:30pm with the band Masterpiece, featuring Lorenzo LaRock on electric violin, and at 9:00pm the Rob Balducci Band will hit the stage.

Re: Lorenzo Larock

:I saw this man on TV yesterday, a talent show, I can't believe he didnt win, he's amazing. Do you know if he has recorded any music for sale?

telecasterbass

anyone who knows what year the fender telecasterbass
was made first time

Re: telecasterbass

: anyone who knows what year the fender telecasterbass
: was made first time
in july 1967.

: anyone who knows what year the fender telecasterbass
: was made first time
in july 1967.

: : anyone who knows what year the fender telecasterbass
: : was made first time
: in july 1967.
telecaster bass are made from 1951(as precision bass)till 1957,then they made a reissue from 1967 till 1973 as telecaster bass,from 1982 till now they make precision basses 1951/56 reissues in japan the newwest is the sting signature bass

Does any one know how to make a cabinet?

I heard that it is possible to hook up a couple a speakers in a homemade cabinet to a headunit, but I do not known what to do with deciding the watts and ampedge that the speakers can hold and how to hook up more than one speaker and allow it to work properly with the headunit

Re: Does any one know how to make a cabinet?

: I heard that it is possible to hook up a couple a speakers in a homemade cabinet to a headunit, but I do not known what to do with deciding the watts and ampedge that the speakers can hold and how to hook up more than one speaker and allow it to work properly with the headunit

Re: Does any one know how to make a cabinet?

:http://colomar.com/Shavano/construction.html : I heard that it is possible to hook up a couple a speakers in a homemade cabinet to a headunit, but I do not known what to do with deciding the watts and ampedge that the speakers can hold and how to hook up more than one speaker and allow it to work properly with the headunit

charvette by charvel

charvette by charvel

This popular thread has been given its own page : charvette by charvel

les paul greenburst

IF anyone knows about les paul serial numbers where I can identify the origin of a Les Paul standard with custom greenburst top, please let me know

stroud based grunge metal band require quality guitarist

Hey all you guitarists!, we rquire a guitarist to complete a dark grunge metal band. are you imbetween 15-20, have right image or prepaired to work on Image and prepaired to wprk hard. Interested?
Phone Jeff 01453 834427 or Talon 01453 762292

Iron Maiden

When is Iron Maiden touring NY, NJ area?

Re: Iron Maiden

Not for awhile.......

framus gutiar

framus gutiar

This popular thread has been given its own page : framus gutiar

framus gutiar

looking for info.on a 1956 framus gutiar ser#36426. value.were was it built.what do these letters mean. BABARI.A WERKE. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Re: framus gutiar

: looking for info.on a 1956 framus gutiar ser#36426. value.were was it built.what do these letters mean. BABARI.A WERKE. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Re: framus gutiar

: : looking for info.on a 1956 framus gutiar ser#36426. value.were was it built.what do these letters mean. BABARI.A WERKE. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Guitar was made in germany words are probably bavaria werke not babari.a

Ibanez s2540

Ibanez s2540

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ibanez s2540

ovation

i would really like to know what my axe is worth, not because i plan to sell it, just because i got it so cheap.

Re: ovation

Just search around on the net to see what they are selling for in your area or on ebay, and/or the bluebook. Also if you post the model/sn someone here might be able to give you an idea.

: i would really like to know what my axe is worth, not because i plan to sell it, just because i got it so cheap.

Van Halen guitar tabs

Does anyone know where to find a good tab of Van Halens "respect the wind" - off the twister soundtrack?

Re: Van Halen guitar tabs

yep, check this one out, it also has a shitload of other songs as well....
http://www.activeguitar.com/tab/guitar/Van_Halen.asp

Re: Van Halen guitar tabs

: Does anyone know where to find a good tab of Van Halens "Pretty Woman"??

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.