Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - February, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Framus Guitars

I need to value a Framus Sorrella, where can I go ?
or can you give me a price ?

Re: Framus Guitars

: I also need to value a Framus Sorrella, could you find sth out? Please let me know

I need to the value of a Framus Guitar Model 5798, Serial Number 9688. Can you help?

I have recently run acroos a Framus acoustic guitar with ser.# 37825 mod#651
Can you tell me anything about it? Its date, value, etc.

Thanks,
Bill

Mesa Boogie "TRIAXIS".....

Looking to buy a TRIAXIS. Can't find any reviews. If I buy a TRIAXIS, will it keep it's sound if I run it through my pair of QSC power amps or should I buy a MESA tube-power amp. Is the "tube" power amp overrated? $1,500 is alot of cash for an amp.

LANEY LC30II

LANEY LC30II

This popular thread has been given its own page : LANEY LC30II

Gary Jibilian Interview

Check out the interview NS/Stickist Gary Jibilian just did for Global Bass Magazine (England).
http://www.globalbass.com/archives/feb2002/gary_jibilian.htm

yamaki deluxe

I've got a Yamaki Deluxe. My aunt had it hanging on her wall with flowers in the sound hole and no tuning machines. I think it's from the early 70's. I fixed it up, but now the bridge is actually pulling right off the sound board. I bolted the bridge down, but i think she has guitar cancer. It still sounds great and plays excellent! I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem and I'll make mine last as long as possible.

Pickup Phasing

My guitar has "Humbucker-Single-Humbucker" pickup configuration using a 5-way switch. I recently replaced the original bridge humbucker with a DiMarzio humbucker. The problem I have now is when I select the inner bridge humbucker and single coil split (position 4), I get a real flat twangy sound (no low tones at all). I'm asuming this is a phasing problem. I don't want to make any changes to the Single coil. Can I just simply rotate the DiMarzio Humbucker 180 degrees or do I need to reverse the "hot" and "ground" wires?

Re: Pickup Phasing

I'm having the same problem (barely a sound in position 4) after replacing the original bridge humbucker with a Seymore Duncan Invader. I'm going to try reversing the green (ground) and the black (hot) wires from the new pickup. I'll post a follow-up after I finish this afternoon.

GVOX-Guitar Notation

GVOX-Guitar Notation

This popular thread has been given its own page : GVOX-Guitar Notation

Marshall Valvestate 8080

Does anyone know where I can find a circuit diagram for a Marshall Valvestate 8080? Cheers!

Re: Marshall Valvestate 8080

: Does anyone know where I can find a circuit diagram for a Marshall Valvestate 8080? Cheers!

have you tried marshall amplification at denbigh road,bletchley,milton keynes mki-idq 0908 375511
they are realy helpfull

: Does anyone know where I can find a circuit diagram for a Marshall Valvestate 8080? Cheers!

have you tried marshall amplification at denbigh road,bletchley,milton keynes mk1-1dq 0908 375411
they are realy helpfull
sorry the last phone number was not correct

Try www.drtube.com

they have diagrams faor both pre amp and main amp.

good luck

Hi

I am looking for a complete printed electronic circut for Marshall guitar amp Valvestate 80V Model 8080. The aprt I am looking for is the Aplification PL.C Part No:PC0689.

Could you advice please where can I buy it, and how much for?

Thank you

jack

sabre1

anybody availeable to have a rap about particular piece of electronics that busts the batteries like candybars

EMG SA Pickups

I have a set of EMG SA Pickups, 10 years old which seem to have dropped their power output. This could have happenned over time but am not sure. Any ideas or similar experiences?

zoom 40-40

I want to know the price of zoom 40-40.
can you help me?

responses

alright, people. i've put up like 5 topics and none of them get answered. try and spend some time responding to other people's posts, and then put yours up - otherwise this is a waste of time.

Question about acoustic guitar

I looking for buying an acoustic guitar. I saw and played the Takamine LTD 2000 model and I liked it very much. I would like any opinion about that guitar or another one similar or better.
Thanks and regards.

Re: Question about acoustic guitar

That model plays very nicely, in fact, all Taks tend to feel like electrics, very fast necks.

Re: Question about acoustic guitar

: I looking for buying an acoustic guitar. I saw and played the Takamine LTD 2000 model and I liked it very much. I would like any opinion about that guitar or another one similar or better.
: Thanks and regards. buy a taylor !

Cabinet speaker re-wireing?

I want to re wire my bass cabinet to better fit my amp. Where can I learn more about how to do it?

need a setting for metal zone pedal mt-2 by Boss

sup, i need cool "punk" setting for my metal zone mt-2 pedal!! im using a peavey amp( very very shitty overdrive without pedal) and a Ibanez S470 electric guitar
thx

Cool settings for Boss metalzone pedal?

Hey, can someone help me out. I'm battling to get a cool sound out of my metalzone pedal. I'm using it with a cheap strat ripoff and Marshall Valvestate and I can't get the beefy punkish sound I want - any suggestions?

Shity Peavey Envoy 110 overdrive (AMPS)

hi again, you guys see i have problem with my overdrive

well, i use a 40 watt peavey amp : when i set the chanel to LEAD, with the Post gain to the MAX the distortion is soooo shity, its looks like a clean sound!! plz help me!!

Re: Shity Peavey Envoy 110 overdrive (AMPS)

Get a new Amp. man!

Re: Shity Peavey Envoy 110 overdrive (AMPS)

I have the same problem, so I bought a metal zone distortion pedal for only $133 it solved the entire problem.

Need Million Miles away solo (Offspring)

hi hi again

for at least 2 month im searching over the internet to find the GOOD Million miles away, cause i buy the book with the tabs but the solo in the book is WRONG, i see them live and Noodles is playing it a complety different way!! if you have it plz send it to my e-mail

MasterSpear@hotmail.com

thx!!

Win Sibelius 2 notation software

Sibelius is the world's best-selling music notation software for Mac and Windows - <a href="http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/1216/">and you can win it!</a>.

marshall 1960a 4x12 rattling cabinet

k, i have two marshall 1960a cabs and they both rattle and i don't know what to do with them. i took one apart and couldn't find anything wrong twith it. the castors were off, the head was sitting on the floor and all the screws were tightened. are there any possible reasons for why there is a rattle in this cabinet. it only occurs with high bass (mostly palm muted) and at high volumes. Distortion covers it up. This isn't a buzz. they rattle. also, it isn't the growl like they are supposed to but rattle. i have two (like i said). One is in mint condition and the other has had it's fair share of miles on the road. any help, suggestions?

Re: marshall 1960a 4x12 rattling cabinet

go fuck a cat, bob with ur knob

Re: marshall 1960a 4x12 rattling cabinet

: k, i have two marshall 1960a cabs and they both rattle and i don't know what to do with them. i took one apart and couldn't find anything wrong twith it. the castors were off, the head was sitting on the floor and all the screws were tightened. are there any possible reasons for why there is a rattle in this cabinet. it only occurs with high bass (mostly palm muted) and at high volumes. Distortion covers it up. This isn't a buzz. they rattle. also, it isn't the growl like they are supposed to but rattle. i have two (like i said). One is in mint condition and the other has had it's fair share of miles on the road. any help, suggestions?

A) Make ssure all your speaker mounting bolts are tight.
B) Make sure your speaker cones and gaskets aren't rotted and/or crumbling.
C) Insure that the wiring is not coming in contact with the speaker cones.
D) Vacuum out the cabinets and CAREFULLY remove any debris between the speaker cones and baskets.
If they still buzz, the cabiets themselves my be coming apart.

Burns Marvin Neck

I have an original Burns Marvin Neck for sale, or I may consider buying a Burns Marvin Body, if you have one intact. The neck has been valued at £500. There was only 350 on these guitars made all these years ago. They were designed by Jim Burns and Hank Marvin, hence the name. Serious enquiries only please. I am looking for £300. No haggling.

Re: Burns Marvin Neck

: I have an original Burns Marvin Neck for sale, or I may consider buying a Burns Marvin Body, if you have one intact. The neck has been valued at £500. There was only 350 on these guitars made all these years ago. They were designed by Jim Burns and Hank Marvin, hence the name. Serious enquiries only please. I am looking for £300. No haggling.

I own two Burns Marvins and a Baldwin Marvin - did you ever get to sell that neck? Incidentally, I had a replacement body made for the Baldwin Marvin, the wood was unstable and cracked the poly finsh very badly.

Regards

Bill Bowley.

i have an burns marvin 1960 in pearl and am looking at getting it valued, could you possible help me.
Many Thanks
Louise

Hi Louise, sorry for the late reply, can you send me a picture of the guitar and describe its condition please.

Hi Bill sorry for the late reply, and no, I did not sell the neck, I still have it. I took the easy option and bought a re-issue Burns Marquee

Hi Bill sorry for the late reply, and no, I did not sell the neck, I still have it. I took the easy option and bought a re-issue Burns Marquee

**SCARIEST MAN IN METAL**

Pray For Rain's New Alchemic recruit "Tantric Daddy" BASS GUITARIST,
Quotes; 'I'm only a musician not a frickin boyband superstar.......
check out the diverse metallers
"Feel "....... The Universal...................Vibe

cutting edge vibration

Pray For Rain's New Alchemic recruit "Tantric Daddy"
check out the diverse metallers @ http://songramp.com/homepage.ez?Who=metalwarrior

**SCARIEST MAN IN METAL**

Pray For Rain's New Alchemic recruit "Tantric Daddy" BASS GUITARIST,
check out the diverse metallers

Re: **SCARIEST MAN IN METAL**

Gary Glitter?

: Pray For Rain's New Alchemic recruit "Tantric Daddy" BASS GUITARIST,
: Quotes; 'I'm only a musician not a frickin boyband superstar.......
: check out the diverse metallers
: "Feel "....... The Universal...................Vibe

Squier Strat by Fender

Is a Strat better than a Rogue? I'm a beginner and I have a Strat. Should I consider buying a new guitar?

Squier Strat by Fender

Is a Strat better than a Rogue? I'm a beginner and I have a Strat. Should I consider buying a new guitar?

Re: Squier Strat by Fender

if it has fnder written on it, you are being ripped of, and are buying a sub-standard guitar

guitar won't stay in tune

Have a wasburn electric, neck seems fine and just had a setup done and new strings put on. Any ideas. thank roverjimmy

Re: guitar won't stay in tune

: Have a wasburn electric, neck seems fine and just had a setup done and new strings put on. Any ideas. thank roverjimmy

Assuming you've properly stretched out the new strings, and know enough to tune UP to pitch NOT DOWN to pitch, it could be caused by almost anything. Bridge problem, nut, machines, neck, ham-fisted technique. Maybe you should take it bck to the tech who set it up and ask him. Especally if it stayed in tune before he did the setup for you. Keep us posted.

Re: guitar won't stay in tune

: Have a wasburn electric, neck seems fine and just had a setup done and new strings put on. Any ideas. thank roverjimmy

Assuming you've properly stretched out the new strings, and know enough to tune UP to pitch NOT DOWN to pitch, it could be caused by almost anything. Bridge problem, nut, machines, neck, ham-fisted technique. Maybe you should take it back to the tech who set it up and ask him. Especally if it stayed in tune before he did the setup for you. Keep us posted.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.