Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - February, 2002

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: guitar won't stay in tune

: Have a wasburn electric, neck seems fine and just had a setup done and new strings put on. Any ideas. thank roverjimmy

Assuming you've properly stretched out the new strings, and know enough to tune UP to pitch NOT DOWN to pitch, it could be caused by almost anything. Bridge problem, nut, machines, neck, ham-fisted technique. Maybe you should take it back to the tech who set it up and ask him. Especally if it stayed in tune before he did the setup for you. Keep us posted.

1958 gibson lg-0 series 6324-8

i am trying to find the monatary value of this guitar. i found the description from Montana Gibson's site archives. can you help me with a price? thanks

Re: 1958 gibson lg-0 series 6324-8

Ones I've seen (VG-EX) have been around $700-$950, Checkout:

http://www.provide.net/~cfh/gibson6.html

And email the guy, he will give you the blue book and a good idea of the 'street price'

Re: 1958 gibson lg-0 series 6324-8

in toronto canada one is for sale 975 cdn

: i am trying to find the monatary value of this guitar. i found the description from Montana Gibson's site archives. can you help me with a price? thanks

Roland GR-30 guitar sinth help !!!!!!!!!

Hi to all.I hope some good soul can help me out.I have a Roland GR-30 guitar sinth and i´m not able to configure it for use it in midi mode.It´s my limitation i know,i read all the manual but i still get a strange sound like the chord was out-of-tune constantly.Even when i use the GR-30 for recording in wave mode.I hope someone could help me and tell me exatly how i can configure the GR-30.Thanks to all.
Best regards from Claudio

Re: Roland GR-30 guitar sinth help !!!!!!!!!

to all roland gr30 users. hope enjoy using and explore some of the technics of guitar synthesizer.

Cakewalk Power! pdf

Does anyone know of a warez place to download this book?

Cakewalk Power! pdf

Does anyone know of a warez place to download this book?

BBS PARANOICOS, The best South American Melodic Hardcore...Listen to it...

[The body of this post has been lost]

necesito tabs de los bbs paranoicos. I need bbs paranoicos tabs

quien tiene tablaturas de los bbs paranoicos, las necesito urgente, quien me las pueda mandar, por favor mandelas a neodark182@hotmail.com
I need bbs paranoicos tabs, please it send me to neodark182@hotmail.com, thank you =)

thanks mr2u gibson

i appreciate the info. i wrote down the address of that guy and i'm gonna go there right now. i sure appreciate it alot. thanks.....PST.

Anyone got a 100watt or more bass amp,

Has anyone got a 100watt-200watt bass amp thats goin for a reasonable price and thats in good condition.email if u do.cheers

Anyone got a 100watt or more bass amp,

Has anyone got a 100watt-200watt bass amp thats goin for a reasonable price and thats in good condition.email with details if u do.cheers

Quest for a guitar

How's life....Allright i am in a deep dungeon about deciding the electric guitar which i want to buy for smooth sustain too... I'm lookin for gUITAR whcih can have Gibson Les paul vibe in the money.

It's like a toss between the following guitars - :
EPIPHONE LES PAUL CUSTOM,IBANEZ AR 250,FERNANADES MONETERY ELITE,HAMER ARCHTOP FLAMETOP, Dean EVO SPECIAL or Deluxe and many more.

I have a budget of no more that $550-600..So please help me and suggest me guitar which can be the best Guitar for price and havin sound.

Re: Quest for a guitar

: How's life....Allright i am in a deep dungeon about deciding the electric guitar which i want to buy for smooth sustain too... I'm lookin for gUITAR whcih can have Gibson Les paul vibe in the money.

: It's like a toss between the following guitars - :
: EPIPHONE LES PAUL CUSTOM,IBANEZ AR 250,FERNANADES MONETERY ELITE,HAMER ARCHTOP FLAMETOP, Dean EVO SPECIAL or Deluxe and many more.

: I have a budget of no more that $550-600..So please help me and suggest me guitar which can be the best Guitar for price and havin sound.

a new epiphone les paul standard: got great sustain.

Re: Quest for a guitar

It looks like you need a Les Paul- style guitar. I don't own one of these, but apparently the Fernandes Monterey and Fernandes Ravelle are by far superior to the Hamer you want. The Ravelle is your best best. It's the closest looking to a les paul. Except the cutaway at the bottom ends sharply and droops down, and the controls are on the pickguard! I think that's a design flaw, but hey, I'm just 10 years old. What should I know?

hope i helped

Fender Champ amp trouble, HELP!

I just finished building a Fender Champ amp. It appears that the tubes are running too hot and the amp is trying to put out too much power. It sounds much too distorted. I know its supposed to put out about 6 watts. I've tried increasing the cathode bias resistor of the 6V6. Does anyone know how I can measure the power output? Please help me out. Thanks!

Limp Bizkit Auditions

Re: Limp Bizkit Auditions

shut up-bob you stupid punk...of course this shit goes on....the band probably just didn't feel like making another appearance that day-probably had too much partying to do over all of the new music pouring in from all of these poor guys...i was gonna go.....but after some thought...realized that there's probably a damn good reason wes borland left the band in the form of one slimey little cocksucking no talent bitch by the name of fred durst....so i didn't figure it would be worth missing a day of work for and am damn glad that i didn't go.....i probably would've just ended up beating the living shit out of fred's punk ass and leaving the band myself,anyway....hahahahfuck limp dikzit----nothing but a bunch of 2-pac wannabe posers

That's a fucking shame!You should spread the word on these jerks and turn their name into LIMP DIZNICK(dick).As soon as someone tells you to play your unprotected songs,alarm bells should instantly go off!!
Seems to me like "PIMP JIZNIK" is running out of ideas,why else would they purpetrate such a tremendous fraud??
It also seems like these arrogant junveniles are too cheap or too lazy to hire scouts to find new talent.This a grand example of how corrupt and devious the music bussiness rally is! So,watch your backs at all times!!
P.S.I don't own any Limp Bizkit shit anyway.Now I'm definatly not buying their stuff.

br-8 and imac to burn CD-how?

I have a Boss BR-8 and an imac and a CD-R/RW.
Boss has a software for PC to convert to .wav files for CD burning. How about software for the imac?

question

what do you think who is better player van halen or vai

Re: question

As much as I like Eddie, I would have to say Via. He's much more versital.

: what do you think who is better player van halen or vai

Framus guitar parts??? - need Framus tuner!

Hi - 1st posy here, -
Anyone know where to find Framus guitar (German) tuners? Or someone dealing with obscure vintage foreign guitars?
Thanks a bunch! - eddy

question about "Made in Japan" Gibson Firebird V

I have what appears to be a Gibson Firebird V, only with a bolt on neck stamped Made in Japan. My question is Who made this?, and what exactly do I own? Everything but the bolt on neck and tuners (they are not straight through banjo type) seems to be Gibson or an awful good look alike. Any info is appreciated.

How to play Electric Guitar?

Hi

I have a few questions I would like to ask someone where i can communicate interactively. If you have AIM and can help me with the following questions and possibly offer more in depth advice please add me on. I will be on all night tonight (2/8/02) and through the weekend just about all the time. For anyone else please just respond to this article...

Quesions:
-What is the best way to learn and play chords?
-I was told on a guitar (at least bass) that all the E's or F's ect. sounded the same. Why on my Electric Guitar do they not (or did that only apply to bass)
-I was using a chord book to play my chords and It showed three different ways to make the letter "C". Are these the only 3 ways and what is the difference between them? Or am I supposed to play them together?
-Is there anymore advice you can offer me on learning too play?

Question.....well duh!

Hey,

I'm thinking of ordering those books that teach you how to play guitar without having to take lessons. Do I have to order one only for electric guitars or does it matter????

-Lexi

1955 Silvertone guitar

1955 Silvertone guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1955 Silvertone guitar

bullit

Has anyone heard of a Fender Bullit guitar? I have heard it was not a good model. I could get one real cheap, how much is one worth, or are they worth anything?

Re: bullit

i HAVE A FENDER BULLIT. i LOVE IT. I have a fender mustang, a gibson s.g., yamaha strat and it is probably my favorite ou of all of them. I will be putting a s.d. hoto rails in the place of the bridge pickup for a hotter sound. Great guitar. I have no idea how much it is worth. Mine is a fender. The one's that I have seen besides it are all sqeers. The neck is perfect for leads and has faster action than my gibson. It's hotter than hell.

: Has anyone heard of a Fender Bullit guitar? I have heard it was not a good model. I could get one real cheap, how much is one worth, or are they worth anything?

:Yeah..got a bullit six string short sacale 1980? plays brilliantly wouldnt swop it!

Strumming

When reading tabs, how do you know when to do a down stroke and an upstroke? Is there some sign I'm missing?

Re: Strumming

yeah, it's usually ^ for an upstroke and (i dont know where the hell the downward caret is) - but that would be a downstroke. they usually write it above the tab.

Re: Strumming

Im also having trouble with strumming-when you see music with chords above how the hell do you know how to strumm them and therefore play the piece?

Kent Classic Iberia Acostic guitar #4700

Purchased at the Buddy Rogers Drum and Guitar Studio in Nashville, Tennessee on November 22, l967.
Condition is Ex according to rating chart.
Need input on value ...have interested buyer.

acoustic guitar price list

please
variety acoustic guitars price list my mail adresses send me?

buy an expression pedal for ZOOM505II

if anyone has an expression pedal(FP01 or FR02)for the ZOOM505II just tell me how much do you want for it and we can discuss it, please, i really need it

B.C. Rich Mockingbird

Check this out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1512532931

please help me!

Hey guys,
I have an Ibanez RG-550 and I was looking into getting a new pickup for the bridge position because the stock one just doesnt have enough vibrance. I was looking into buying a DiMarzio or a Duncan, you know, "the usual" for shredders. I just wanted to know if you guys could point me in the right direction cause I play metal mostly. I do lots of sweeps and harmonics and I like power and grit. Please tell me what you think I should throw in my guitar.

Thanks very much guys!

Re: please help me!

You would probably like the DiMarzio Evolution (DP159FW). This pickup uses the F-Spacing which is what you need for your Ibanez RG-550. I currently use this pickup and I like it very much. It is "HOT". If it's too hot for you, just sink it down into the body more. I guess I should tell that when I wired the pickup using the normal DiMarzio wiring diagram, it was out of phase with the single pickup. So I had to reverse the "Hot" and "Ground" wire.

: Hey guys,
: I have an Ibanez RG-550 and I was looking into getting a new pickup for the bridge position because the stock one just doesnt have enough vibrance. I was looking into buying a DiMarzio or a Duncan, you know, "the usual" for shredders. I just wanted to know if you guys could point me in the right direction cause I play metal mostly. I do lots of sweeps and harmonics and I like power and grit. Please tell me what you think I should throw in my guitar.

: Thanks very much guys!

CARLO ROBELLI A/E GUITARS?

are these any good?? please help. they are on sale and was wondering if any one has layed one or heard one at samash. i dont live anywere near a store that might carry it. model #dg27 or any other reviews would be great

Re: CARLO ROBELLI A/E GUITARS?

Hi, I just bought the 99.00 dollar robelli acoustic electric from sam ash.

I love it. It sounds great. I played all the other guitars in the 200 dollar range and tried the 99.00
robelli last. it surprised me and of course I am always glad to get a bargain.

my first acoustic/electric. i have been playing a 59 duosonic for a long time and it is going to
take me a little time to get used to the heavy gauge strings, but this guitar is a great sounding
guitar for the money.

It's a great knockaround guitar.

jed

Are you referring to the acoustic electric? If so I had one. I paid about 200 or so dollars I think. It was slightly smaller than normal. I would rate it a a low end acoustic, but fairly well built and would rate a 5 or 6 out of a 10 on the scale as far as amplified sound goes. Not bad for the price. I also played expensive acoustic/electric guitars and did not find them to be hugely better.

: are these any good?? please help. they are on sale and was wondering if any one has layed one or heard one at samash. i dont live anywere near a store that might carry it. model #dg27 or any other reviews would be great

I think Carlo Robellis make wonder full guitars. I got my first as a X- mas Gift and loved It later I went out and bought another I have 7 other guitars and I have to say I play my Robellis the most out of them all the sound quality and craftmanship are excellent I would recomened this guiter to any one who loves to play.

need help with my guitar

Hey guys i have a carlo robelli f-cut 6 string electri acoustic it had a maroon colour very nice and a beautiful white stem like design on the body and on the fret board with a lil butterfly on it. Well besides all this the fret board of the guitar feels like none i have played before it just feels better than the lespaul i have. The dillema is that it fell and the neck is in two pieces from over the fret board right where the tunings knobs of the first and six string start...now whut shall i do i have searched and i cant find much help on it. Felt like stripping the fret board off it and getting a new neck but dont know where to remove the previous neck from as it seems like a single piece??? :( need ideas please feel free to throw as much knowledge as u guys can on this issue.

: : are these any good?? please help. they are on sale and was wondering if any one has layed one or heard one at samash. i dont live anywere near a store that might carry it. model #dg27 or any other reviews would be great

: I think Carlo Robellis make wonder full guitars. I got my first as a X- mas Gift and loved It later I went out and bought another I have 7 other guitars and I have to say I play my Robellis the most out of them all the sound quality and craftmanship are excellent I would recomened this guiter to any one who loves to play.

I agree.......a better guitar for the money, you just cannot buy......comparable to Yamahas, Washburns, Ibanez and the like, for about half the price.....never read a bad review on them.....I use both of mine on stage...cjb

: are these any good?? please help. they are on sale and was wondering if any one has layed one or heard one at samash. i dont live anywere near a store that might carry it. model #dg27 or any other reviews would be great

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A CARLO ROBELLI HOLLOW BODY ELECTRIC USH-500HB. THE QUALITY OF THE FIT AND FINISH IS AMAZING CONSIDERING THE COST. THE ACTION IS SMOOTH AND, THE TONE IS SWEET. AS A GUITAR PLAYER AND COLLECTOR FOR NEARLY 40 YEARS,I CAN HONESTLY SAY THIS GUITAR IS AS NICE AS SOME OF MY GUITARS THAT COST A WHOLE LOT MORE.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.